Solas Photography Reviews

33 | Carlisle, PA

33 Reviews for Solas Photography

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

KC · Married on 02/15/2014

Sean was amazing! He is super affordable. Did all kinds of pictures for me! He even stood out in the freezing cold of February to the open shutter sparkler photographers (took about an hour). He remembered all of the pictures I told him I wanted done when I didn't even remember the day of (too much going on!)

He was so affordable and nice I recommended them to my mom for my sisters senior pictures!!

Tania · Married on 09/07/2013

Sean was awesome - more than willing to bend over backwards to get that "shot"...very artistic, not bossy & knew the right time to get the photos. Would definitely use him for family shots in the future.

• Malerie & Jason

Malerie · Married on 06/25/2011

I can't even begin to tell you how happy we were that Sean and Heidi were our photographers for our wedding. They were by far the best vendor that we had at our wedding, and I would absolutely, positively recommend them to anyone! They got the BEST shots at our wedding, and we couldn't be happier with the way our pictures turned out. During the wedding they caught everything on film, and weren't in the way at all! All of our guests have been complimenting how well they worked, and when they thought something would make a good picture, they were already taking it! They are extremely affordable, and professional and I can't wait until we have babies so we can work with them again!! Hands down, the best and nicest photographers that you will ever work with!

Sara · Married on 01/21/2011

All I can say is Sean is amazing, i couldnt be happier with my pictures and everyone who has seen them have complimented on how good they are. I love the shots he took with me on the bar, he takes so many pictures and really takes the innitiative to think of unique shots using the suroundings! as well as really good photo journalistic shots. Amazing quality for the price, I paid $700 for 5 hours unlimmited photos, I have so many photos that I want in my album that I'm not sure i can afford them all lol. You wont be dissapointed if you go with Solas photography, and if your on a tight budget value and quality is second to none.

Kirkpatrick · Married on 11/21/2010

Solas Photography captured our wedding day beyond our expectations and we were able to stay in our budget with their flexible packages! Everyone in the wedding party was impressed with their professionalism and kindness. Great service!!!

Jolene · Married on 11/13/2010

AMAZING! We used Sean and Heidi for our engagement photos and our wedding photos and we love them! They are great people, very personable, when you work with them you feel as though you're talking to an old friend! The pictures and their ideas are amazing, everyone says that our pictures are from a magazine! I would definetly recommend Solas Photography to everyone. We can't wait to have our Trash the Dress session with Solas and after that, our baby photos! :)

Maribeth · Married on 10/16/2010

We absolutely love Solas Photography! They did such a wonderful job on the photography for our wedding. Heidi and Sean and very personable and make you feel so comfortable. We could not have asked for a better team! They were with us the entire day and blended into the crowd so easily. We never felt like we were being stalked by cameras. They maintain great communication before, during, and after the event. We will definitely use them again :)

Jessica · Married on 10/09/2010

We just LOVED working with Heidi and Sean for our wedding. They were so professional and did an excellent job positioning everyone for all of the posed "formal" photos in addition to taking great candid shots. In the months/days leading up to the wedding they were always quick to respond with any questions we had and were willing to work with the "style" of photos that we wanted for our big day. I would highly recommend them for your wedding day! You definitely won't be disappointed!

Amanda · Married on 10/02/2010

Solas did a wonderful job with our wedding photos. The husband/wife team was great. Sean went with the guys before hand and took a bunch of great photos outside, while Heidi stayed with the girls and took photos of us getting ready, and some posed shots outside of the church. They were also great with getting all of the "caught in the moment" shots. Having them work together also made it great with getting different photos during the processional and recessional, and through out the whole day. We also were grateful for their experience. They were very organized, and really helped keep things running smoothly since none of us knew what we were doing. Heidi really helped as almost a "day of" planner, from keeping all of my girls on track, and letting me know that things were going to be stalling for a few minutes due to a car accident near the church holding up our guests, to "fluffing" my train before I walked down the aisle. They were also very easy to get ahold of so we could get together for meetings. We never once had a problem finding a time or place to meet up. They showed up to the church exactly on time, and found us right away to get things going. They also did their best to get all the shots we really wanted. We also felt like they did a great job for their pricing. We knew from the beginning the photographer was one thing with the wedding that was very important to us, and we thought for sure we'd have to spend a ton of money to get good, quality, photos, and with Solas we didn't. For the basic bridal package, we got 400+ photos, and they are all excellent quality, and we didn't have to spend thousands to get them. Overall, I would recommed Solas to anyone! We are so happy with the work they did. It is very easy to tell that they love what they do.

Alison · Married on 09/18/2010

Choosing Solas Photography was one of the BEST decisions we made for our wedding. Heidi and Sean were just our style- they were very laid back and made us feel so comfortable. They were so easy to work with and our guests loved them. We got so many compliments on them at our reception! We received our photos just 2 weeks after the wedding and they were outstanding. We could not be happier.
    They responded so quickly with any question or email we sent. We had 2 photographers for less than the cost of most photographers! They are easily worth twice the amount they charge!!!! We cannot recommend them highly enough.

• LancBride2010

Julina · Married on 08/22/2010

We had a great experience working with Heidi and Sean. Sean really impressed us with his professionalism during that first meeting and I'm so glad we chose them for our special day.
    They captured our engagement and wedding photos for us. I really wanted those casual, intimate engagement shots and was happy they were included in our very affordable package. We received a lot of shots from each experience (67 engagement, and 500+ wedding). The turn around time for receiving the DVD of our photos was only a couple weeks. That can't be beat!
    A couple recommendations: if you see photos on wedding blogs or in magazines, gather them together and show Heidi and Sean. Heidi did a great job capturing specific photos (ex. using big paper umbrellas that I had bought as props for bridesmaid photos) I had requested. Also, complete the sheet they provide where you place a checkmark beside the groups of people or activities you definitely want pictures of. Trust me, the day is so full of things to think about that you don't want to worry so much about pictures. All in all, I recommend Solas Photography to any future bride. You can beat their prices or high quality service.

Sarah · Married on 08/14/2010

Wow! What a fantastic job Solas did at our wedding! They perfectly blended traditional and more modern photo-shots with everyone from our wedding party. The quality of their service and the quality of their finished products is unsurpassed. Heidi and Sean really went out of their way to get great shots of us! Everyone that has seen our pictures have commented how great and awesome they look. I could not recommend a more superb team!

Kristie · Married on 07/17/2010

So much more than we ever expected!! We couldn't be happier with the exceptional photos and service we received leading up to and including the wedding day! Sean and Heidi are so easy to get along with they make you feel like you've known them for years. They work so good together and you can truly tell that they love what they do! Their pricing is absolutely great, you get two photographers and a ton of pictures and so many options (we got the 8 hr package with free engagement pics - I didn't know we could look that good!) for a great price. They could charge so much more (glad they don't! :)) The day of they are so professional, while you're busy doing some things, they take the initiative to grab your flowers or your dress and take pictures of those until your done. They are always moving and always taking pictures. I love how they caught the small details - the things that I wanted, but didn't have a chance to look at the day of :) The different effects they have for pictures are so cool looking - they can do things I've never even seen before. They take great "formal" pictures, but they are very very creative with shots if you ask them to be. They incorporated everything I asked for and came up with stuff I never would have thought of. They take awesome "artsy" shots too! I am so excited because it's not the normal "old wedding photo" hanging on your wall, it's more like a work of art. They also take a lot of great candid photos too - so glad they did this! I cannot praise them enough - they are absolutely incredible at what they do!

Heather · Married on 07/03/2010

Heidi and Sean of Solas Photography were AMAZING! We got our pictures in less than TWO weeks and they were beautiful. They were beyond reasonable when it came to pricing, and were very responsive to all of my emails. They got all the shots that I asked for and even incorporated ones in that I would have never thought of. They were both so professional and fun! I have gotten hundreds of compliments on the pictures and would definitely love to work with them again in the future. I cannot say enough great things about this pair of photographers! My husband and I could not have been happier! They captured every great moment from an hour before the ceremony to the last dance. I'm still gleaming over my delight with their work. I would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a great pair of photographers!

Lisa · Married on 06/26/2010

I would recommend Solas Photography to anybody getting married! They were very affordable and professional. All of my friends recommended that we go with a photography service that offers two photographers, with Solas we got this luxury without the price. They were so reasonably priced and got along with everybody. Every one of our guests commented about how good our photographers were. They went above and beyond. At our reception they were on top of each other's shoulders and on the ground, trying to get the best pictures possible. The pictures also turned out amazing!

Maddy · Married on 06/19/2010

Sean and Heidi were amazing! It was so great having a female photographer to be with the girls while they were getting ready and a male photographer to be with the guys while they were getting ready. They helped to coordinate a "first look" session prior to the wedding since we chose to do our pictures before the wedding. It turned out so special and was one of the greatest highlights of our day. During our wedding they were professional but laid back. All of our guests loved them and still continue to talk about how great they were. Once we got to see our pictures (less than 2 weeks after the wedding!) we realized just how much they captured each and every memory from our wedding. We would recommend Solas Photography to all couples planning their weddings because they listen to what couples want and help to make those dreams come true!

Kayla · Married on 05/22/2010

Solas Photography was a great find when my husband and I started planning our wedding. Sean and Heidi worked with us from day one. When we had to get our engagement pictures squeezed in before winter came they really came through for us. They were able to answer any and all questions we had before, during, and after our wedding. Heidi was more than a photographer the day of the wedding, she became a seamstress twice, fixing straps on my dress and my husbands button on his tux. Sean and Heidi came up with great ideas for awesome shots during the ceremony and the reception. They were always there to get a great shot but it never seemed like they were in the way. I don't think we could have found a better photographer for such an important day. Everyone is still talking about all the great photographs we got and how many pictures they took! I would recommend Solas photography for any wedding, senior pictures; my sister got her's taken through them and they turned out fantastic, maturnity, family, and whatever else one would need professional photographers for!

Tracey · Married on 05/15/2010

Very professional. Accepting of our ideas. If you are having your wedding at The Hayloft in PA - Heidi and Sean have full access to the grounds and know where to capture just the right pictures for your special day. Excellent turn-around - we received our proofs in a very timely manner. The little extra touches meant the world to us. We were able to share photos of the wedding during the reception for all of our guests to enjoy. Heidi and Sean were great to work with - we had a great time with them! We would recommend Solas Photography to anyone who wishes to have the best experience possible on their wedding day!!

• fashiongirl

Ashia · Married on 03/12/2010

I must say that of all our vendors, Solas Photography was the best hands down! Heidi & Sean were professional and had such great personalities. My guests talked about them all night! We still recieve compliments on how much fum they were. We just received our photos back and they are stunning! They day was so relaxing, they were not intrusive at all. They captured all the great moments as well as moments we missed. They are extremely talented photographers and they gave us a great value for the money.

Devin · Married on 12/12/2009

Heidi and Sean were not only affordable, but were professional, fun, and extremely accommodating. We would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Katie & Chris · Married on 09/19/2009

Sean and Heidi are wonderful photographers! After going to about 5 bridal shows in the past 2 years, we feel lucky to have found such great photographers while searching the yellowpages.com/google and coming across Solas Photography. We had a lower budget for the wedding, yet the photographs were one of the most important aspects of our wedding day (aside from the dress of course). In the end, Sean and Heidi were the perfect photographers!! We are recommending them to all of our friends! Chris and I appreciated their flexibility, professionalism and their compatible personalities with us as well as our guests. We're still getting rave reviews from guests about our "wonderful photographers" and they haven't even seen our pictures yet. (Everyone's gonna love them!) During the engagement pictures we had no idea what we wanted but they came up with some amazing poses and candid shots. Heidi was great to have around while my girls and I got ready. She was constantly snapping pictures, making suggestions and just having a good time which was really helpful to keep my nerves down....and she even left our peacock purses alone! :) My husband enjoyed Sean's artistic variation of him and his groomsmen's re-enactment of the Rat Pack pool table photograph. He really created a unique photo memory. Lastly, we're excited to have our DVD of pictures to keep for years and we're even more thrilled to hear that they can produce the new metallic paper prints.
    Thank you so much Heidi and Sean!! You guys are awesome!

Jacki · Married on 09/12/2009

I am so pleased that we chose Solas Photography for our wedding. Heidi and Sean were both extremely professional, yet personable, friendly and very easy to get along with. They were very attentive to both of us, as well as the rest of the family and wedding party. We were very lucky that they were both available to photograph our wedding - we have so many wonderful photos to choose from! We were also able to see many memories that we weren't present for - and that is priceless! They were very creative with different shots/poses, which is exactly what we wanted. Solas Photography is extremely affordable and our pictures are more than we could have dreamed to ask for! They are the perfect way to help us remember each moment of our special day!

Emily · Married on 09/04/2009

I cannot say enough about Solas Photography! From the beginning to the end, they were fantastic to work with! Responsive to emails/phone calls, receptive to my ideas, friendly and approachable. They did our engagement pictures and our wedding photography, and BOTH were fantastic! My husband and I both felt instantly comfortable with Heidi and Sean and we loved their artistic approach to our photos! They will completely work with you and your style! They are truly professional and amazingly talented! They are punctual, prepared, and so great to work with! After our wedding, we had all of our photos posted in 1 week! We had our engagement pictures back in even less time! I have absolutely no reservations in recommending Solas for your photography. We had nothing but the best when we hired them for our wedding! We are telling everyone we know about them!! :)

Kim · Married on 08/29/2009

Solas Photography is wonderful! Heidi and Sean were professional and very easy to work with. They took hundreds of beautiful photographs that we will treasure forever! I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Juliet · Married on 08/22/2009

Solas Photography did our engagement and wedding photos. Our wedding was 8-22-09, and I cannot praise Sean and Heidi enough for the amazing work they did!

Our engagement session was great. They came to our home to shoot some pictures with our dogs and we all then went to another location to shoot the photos of us. They were so creative, professional and friendly. They made us feel comfortable the whole time, and our pictures definitely prove it :-)

Our wedding photos were absolutely incredible! The weather was worrying us all morning- but Sean and Heidi went out of their way to make other arrangements to get pictures indoors in case the rain didn't hold out and we were unable to get the outdoor photos we wanted. They were willing to help with the ceremony and reception in any way they could. They got such great photos of the entire day!

Everyone who sees our photos comment on how professional they look, and what great quality they are.

I would HIGHLY recommend Solas Photography for ANY occasion. Their prices are very reasonable- especially considering the quality of work you are going to get.