Sierra Wine Country Weddings Reviews

17 Reviews for Sierra Wine Country Weddings

• Rianna

Rianna · Married on 06/29/2019

Great Choice

Ed was such a joy to have as a part of our wedding. He was so helpful in the planning process. We exchanged emails frequently and met him in person close to the wedding to solidify details. Ed officiated my sister's wedding, as well as a friend's wedding, which is why we chose him, but he was also recommended by our wedding venue. We loved working with him. We would definitely recommend him!

Sent on 07/25/2019
  • MrsPreach2018

Maricela · Married on 08/31/2018

Wedding Officiant

Ed was great to work with, he made the entire process very easy. He's very responsive and extremely helpful, very thorough in explaining the steps and willing to find what works for you and your significant other.

Sent on 10/18/2018

Emily · Married on 06/23/2018

We couldn't have asked for a better officiant.
    Ed was very understanding of our wants and gave us so many options to choose from in terms of vows and how to enter the ceremony. Even before we booked him, he marked us on his calendar and emailed us a sample of all the vows options WITH OUR NAMES EDITED IN so we could get a better feel of how it would sound.
    He drove all the way to Elk Grove to meet with my husband and I a few months before our wedding, and because he was so knowledgable, kind, and helpful, we knew we couldn't miss if we went with him. We sent him payment before it was even due because we wanted to be sure we had him locked in :)
    He was on time to the rehearsal (which was over an hour away from him!) and worked well with everyone there. And he performed our ceremony incredibly well. He didn't even mess up any of his lines, and I know this because I've watched the video he recorded of our ceremony several times. He filmed our ceremony and parts afterward FREE OF CHARGE! What other officiant does that?!
    My friends and family think very highly of this man, and my friend, who is getting married next year, asked me for his information because she and her fiance liked what he did so much. If anyone else asks me for a good officiant in the future, I'd 100% recommend Ed!

Sent on 06/28/2018

My wedding is this next February of 2016. He is great weve met with him twice and he has everything organized. He has also offered to help us with anything. He is not only going to be our officant but he is also video taping the entire wedding for us saving us a fortune!! Im so excited and very please so far with booking him as our officant.

Sent on 09/17/2015

Staci · Married on 06/20/2015

Rev. Ed Evans is the best! My husband and I found him on Thumbtack.com. We met with him over a year before our wedding, and every step of the way, we kept in contact, and we truly felt like he cared. He gave us multiple options for us to say for our vows. We didn't want to say our own, and we loved that he had special vows that sounded just like us. He has lots of ideas and truly just enjoys marrying people! He also video taped our entire wedding for us without extra charge! His services are unlike any others. After we said "I do" and we walked back down the aisle as a married couple, it was time for my family to follow. My grandmother, who lost her husband to cancer about 7 years ago, started to walk down the aisle alone because she didn't have an escort. However, when Reverend Ed saw this, he walked up to her, put out his arm, and said, "Here! You shouldn't have to walk alone!" That small gesture made a world of difference for my grandmother. After the ceremony, I had tons of guests commenting on how sweet our ceremony was and everyone wanted to know how we knew Rev. Ed. Everyone was shocked that we had only met because of the internet. Our guests said it really seemed like he was speaking from the heart when marrying us. He is such a nice and genuine person. I would recommend Reverend Ed to anyone!

Sent on 09/20/2015

Stephanie · Married on 03/13/2015

Edward was a gem! He was so easy to work with, I could not have been happier we found him. As an added bonus, he shot some video of the entire ceremony and before, which was great to see all the guests go up and try to calm my Hubby down. Edward was so calm and collective it really put me at ease. He was there for everything I asked or needed. Without a doubt, he was the best.

Sent on 04/24/2015

Ed was extremely helpful, reliable, and easy going from the very beginning til the end. He provided us with many examples of vows for us to go through and put together what we liked best. He always got back to me right away and was always so positive about things, it was infectious. He was early for the rehearsal and the ceremony. Included in his service fee, he makes a video of the ceremony and makes copies for both sets of parents and the bride and groom. It was such a pleasure to have him there because it's obvious that he truly loves what he does. I am so glad that we chose him as our officiant.

Sent on 06/27/2013
  • Kathrine

Kathrine · Married on 05/18/2013

I first started emailing with Ed after finding his website in early 2012. I love the fact that he has all the information a bride and groom could need on this website. He has his personal history, pricing, and all the things he offers. It is very user friendly. I really felt you get to know him through his site.
    We met with Ed in the fall of 2012 for our official meet and greet and during the meeting I just kept hoping my groom liked him as much as I did. Right after the meeting my groom gushed about Ed, this is not something he usually does. He loved that Ed was so personable, warm, and full of great ideas for our wedding. He felt he would do a wonderful job officiating for us, I was thrilled.
    Before the wedding Ed was always there for us, answering questions, discussing options an always being helpful. He even came to the venue for a vendor meeting to walk us through the motions to put us at ease. It was great to see him again and confirmed in our minds we picked the right man for the job. We finally decided on our vows and with only a bit of time before our May 18, 2013 wedding Ed confirmed he received them and was good to go.
    On the day of our wedding Ed arrived early and set up his video equipment to record our ceremony. He walked me through where he was setting them up and verified I was good with the angles, so very cool. During our ceremony he was amazing. He made sure he waited for us to be emotionally ready, read the words we were to repeat with just enough spacing we wouldn’t miss to say something in repeating it back and was just so darn great. Didn’t miss a beat in reading and preformed the ceremony wonderfully. Ed stayed for our reception to record on camera and be our guest. Our other guests loved him. They went on and on how it was great to talk with him and he did such a remarkable job during our ceremony, that he felt like family.
    I can’t say enough about Ed. He is a tremendously great man.

Sent on 06/05/2013

Jessica · Married on 05/04/2013

Edward Evans with Sierra Wine Country Weddings was referred to us by our wedding venue, Black Bear Inn in Arnold, CA. We couldn't be happier with our experience having Ed as our officiant and videographer! He is a kind, generous man with a great sense of what prospective brides and grooms are concerned with. He had so many great suggestions and references on his website that helped us write our declarations of love which we read out loud to each other during our ceremony (not a dry eye in the crowd from what I heard...we were too busy wiping our own tears of joy & happiness to notice). We haven't seen our video yet but are sure it's going to be amazing. You will honestly not find a better value for an officiant who doubles as a videographer...and he's also typing up our declarations in a special format so we can display them in our home. He also creates a special version of your marriage certificate so it can be framed and kept. We are so grateful to Ed for his contributions to our special day.

Sent on 05/24/2013

Nicole · Married on 03/24/2012

Ed was amazing. He worked with us to make sure the ceremony and vows were exactly what we wanted. He kept in close contact in the weeks leading up to the wedding to make sure everything was perfect. We received numerous compliments from guests that the vows and ceremony was so touching and romantic. He also provided a blue ray dvd of the wedding ceremony with copies for both of our parents so that we could re-live our wedding day. He is a genuine, trustworthy person that we would recommend.

Sent on 04/25/2012
  • Sandra

Sandra · Married on 09/17/2011

Ed was absolutely wonderful to work with! He is thorough without being pushy, informative, responsive and great to communicate with (I don't think I even have FAMILY that respond to my emails as quickly as he did!), and most important he made me and my husband feel extremely comfortable from our first meeting with him and on! HIGHLY recommend!

Sent on 09/28/2011

Lisa · Married on 04/02/2011

We looked for several officiants online… and were very leery. We wanted a person we could develop a relationship with that was normal and professional & personal. That is exactly what Ed provided for us. He is like our new best friend. He was so kind, helpful and engaging. He helped us write our own vows incorporating our 2 sons from previous relationships. We did a blended family ceremony – joining hands in a circle of love. We made promises to our sons, and they accepted. Our friends and family said it was the most beautiful and intimate ceremony they have ever seen. We could not have done that without Ed’s help and the 60+ emails to make everything come together! He also gave us a video, keepsake vows & marriage certificate for our scrapbook. Perfect package! I think we will always stay in touch – he is a special part of our life now, and we couldn’t be happier! We highly recommend him. Thank you~ Lisa & Rob

Sent on 04/25/2011

Julie · Married on 10/02/2010

Double E,

We can’t thank you enough for performing our ceremony. Our entire day was perfect and it couldn’t have been “everything we dreamed it would be” without you being a part of it. You made us very comfortable from the beginning and we knew when we met you we’d found the perfect person to marry us. We appreciate all the extra time you took with us by getting to know us and allowing us to know you. You took a lot of your personal time to ensure we felt comfortable and everything was perfect for us from visiting us at our home and getting acquainted with the location and flow of the wedding to taking the time to practice our vows with us before the ceremony and attending our rehearsal. We also appreciate that you let us customize the ceremony to incorporate what was important to us, including reading vows that we chose and personalized, as opposed to trying to making us pick from vows you provided; not all officiants allow couples to so. Your warmth, flexibility and caring made our day special and we know we’ve made a friend for life.

Much love,
    Michael & Julie

Sent on 02/07/2011

Sharmen · Married on 10/01/2010

Ed,

Brett and I just wanted to send along our thanks for a perfect day, our way! We appreciate all the help you provided during our preparation. It's hard to find someone you're comfortable with - and from the first conversation I knew you were perfect! The changing of dates multiple times (Thanks to the USAF), changing of the time last minute, writing the vows, helping us find a beautiful spot, snagging the witness....it's all much appreciated and won't be soon forgotten! We look forward to you performing our vow renewals!!

Brett & Sharmen McVay

Sent on 02/11/2011

Gail · Married on 07/03/2010

Ed,
    Thank you again for officiating at our outdoor wedding. You helped make the day and this casual wedding very special. We appreciate the help you gave us with the vows and allowing us to personalize them to fit our personalities. I recall seeing your ad in the paper and noting that you were retired Navy. I thought this would be our way of thanking a veteran for being of service to this country but it turned out to be so much more. We can say without reservation that anyone who chooses you to officiate at their wedding will not be disappointed. You are a professional who really does care.
    With sincere thanks
    Mick & Gail

Sent on 02/04/2011

M · Married on 05/29/2010

My officiant (Edward) was extremely professional, kind hearted and just a genuinely great person to work with. Our ceremony went off without a hitch and it never felt stuffy or fake. I would highly reccomend Sierra Wine Country Weddings without any hesitation whatsoever!!!! Awesome job!!!

Sent on 02/05/2011

Pamela · Married on 08/04/2012

Edward was very pleasant to work with and offered us sample vows which was very helpful. He even offered to videotape the ceremony, but the qualty was poor. If you want your wedding recorded you should higher a videographer. Other than that, he was very helpful and his website is very imformative on how to change your name.

Sent on 09/20/2012

Sierra Wine Country Weddings's reply:

Pam's weddings was at Serrano Country Club. I'm sorry she was disappointed with the video. I received no feedback from her on being unhappy. pam wasn't specific about what she was unhappy with. It was windy that evening, which affects the audio recording. The interior of the Club was very dark during the reception, which will affect the recording. Videotaping the ceremony and reception is something I added to my package to give couples an opportunity to have their special day recorded, and so that they don't have to spend thousands of dollars hiring a videographer who uses high end equipment. I would be happy to offer contact info to past couples who were delighted with my video product.
    All the best,