D. Crabtree-Johnson

Chico, California View map Visit website

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

D. Crabtree-Johnson is a wedding officant based in Northern California. She is an ordained minister and licensed officiant who creates and presides over wedding ceremonies throughout the northern region of California, from Sacramento to Redding, including, but not limited to: Chico, Magalia, Paradise, Oroville, Yuba City, Willows, Red Bluff, Cottonwood, and Anderson. With more than 15 years of experience, Dottie enthusiastically strives to provide each couple with friendly, professional, and knowledgable service, as she works directly with them, creating unique and personalized wedding ceremonies. She realizes that weddings are all about sharing each couple's love and joy. She sees your wedding as the immensely important, loving and happy occasion it is. This is why she is committed and dedicated to making her clients' ceremony dreams come true, helping to set the mood for your entire wedding day. Whether you're envisioning your big moment in a traditional, simple and classical way; or, perhaps a more off the beaten path and out of the ordinary one, she's right there to help make it happen. Additionally, if you're not completely sure what you'd like, she's right there to share ideas with you... because, after all, capturing the essence of your love, and allowing it to shine, is what your amazingly beautiful event is all about. Dottie helps to make this part of your planning stress-free, fun and enjoyable. She's easy-going, has a good sense of humor, is warm hearted, enthusiastic, very professional, and she pays close attention to the little details. She enjoys working with her couples very much, and celebrates the VIPs (Vibrantly In-love Partners) they are, with her generous, gentle and caring ways. Dottie fully supports marriage equality. If your venue is outside of the areas mentioned above, she is more than happy to accomodate special requests. As her own way of saying, "Thank You!" to the hard working men and women of the emergency services and the military, she offers a discount to those individuals. During these crazy times, she says as always, "Let's be safe, take care and be kind to one another. Together, we can accomplish great things!"

Services Provided

D. Crabtree-Johnson specializes in customized secular, as well as nondenominational faith-based/spiritual weddings. She is honored to provide services for a variety of ceremony types, including, but not limited to:

• Civil unions;
  • Handfasting ceremonies;
  • Celebrations of Life; and,
  • House Blessings
  • Woman-owned

Which of the following are included in the price?

Ceremony Rehearsal

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union
Single Religion

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Licensed

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Baptist
Orthodox Christian
Pagan
Presbyterian
Quaker

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.
30-60 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

AZ
NM
OR
UT
WA

What languages do you speak?

English

• Alisa
    Alisa P. Married on 11/20/2021

The most amazing Officiant

Dotty is the best person I could of asked for to marry my husband and I on out wedding day. From the first time I talked to dotty we clicked and it was like I’ve been part of her family for years. She provided so much support and love through our whole wedding planning plus rehearsal and ceremony. I love this lady with all my heart and I have only her for about a year. She is very thorough and will answer all questions. She has been doing this for a long time and great at what she does. The day of my wedding I was nervous but once she got there I knew I was in good hands. She truly is the best and I can’t wait for her to help renew my husband and I vows in a few years. Love you dotty don’t ever change you are the best and I’m so glad we picked you!!!❤️
  • Tara
    Tara Married on 11/11/2021

Love her already!

I had a one hour consolation with her over the phone and I already love her. She has a great vision for what I’m asking for which is not traditional at all, she is open minded and knowledgeable. I really didn’t want to spend so much for an officiant, but also didn’t want the anxiety just thinking about doing it all myself . With her reassurance on all that she has to offer and her professionalism I’m back on board with spending the money. Definitely would recommend her.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Deals

D. Crabtree-Johnson 1
Discount

I am proud to extend a 10% discount for officiating services to those who serve in any field relating to Emergency Services. If both people are employed in such a field, a 20% discount will be applied. I am proud to pass along this savings!

D. Crabtree-Johnson 2
Discount

Anyone who has served or is serving in the military may receive a 10% discount for officiant services provided by me. If both parties have served or are serving, a 20% discount will be applied. I am proud to pass along this savings to our servicemen/servicewomen and veterans. It's my way of saying, "Thank You!"

460 S Merrill Avenue Chico, California, 95988
Location of (D. Crabtree-Johnson)

Other vendors in Sacramento for your wedding