Legacies of Love

Donnelly, ID View map Visit website

$555 Typical Price

Ian Cruess is the ardent face behind Legacies of Love, a wedding officiant and relationship coaching service based in the heart of Idaho, near McCall. Ian believes "leaving a legacy of love is a labor of love.” That's why he wants to celebrate your unique journey and consecrate your commitment to one another in a way that feels authentic and genuine to you.

Legacies of Love offers a number of services to support you as you step towards marriage and beyond. Ian considers himself a transdenominational officiant; honoring all walks of life whether you are religious, non-religous, spiritual, LGBTQ+ or BIPOC! Relationship coaching is available and highly encouraged if you're looking for clarity, confidence, and connection within yourself and your relationship!

This also gives Ian invaluable insight when writing your ceremonial script to ensure you feel especially acknowledged, comfortable and confident on your wedding day. Ian will do his best; responding quickly to your inquiry, answering your questions during consultation, taking sincere time to get to know you and your partner, understanding your combined vision, putting his heart and soul into writing a custom ceremonial script, and offering his genuine presence leading up and stepping into your marital ceremony.

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$555

Which of the following are included in the price?

Ceremony Rehearsal
Premarital Counseling

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$122

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$100

What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?

$111

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union
Single Religion

What services do you provide?

Allow Couples' Own Vows
Licensed
Premarital Counseling

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Shinto
Sikhism
Taoist
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

Less than 30 mins.
30-60 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

AL
WA
WV
WI
WY

What languages do you speak?

English

• Ginny
    Ginny C. Getting married on 09/01/2024

Coaching With Ian Cruess

I had the pleasure of connecting with Ian for 9 months on our Relationship Coach Certification journey with The Relationship School.
    Ian’s passion for coaching shines with his soulful and loving energy he brings into our class sessions every single time. I feel caring, compassionate love in my heart space working with Ian and I encourage anyone to benefit and enjoy his coaching and officiant services!
  • Melissa
    Melissa S. Married on 08/15/2021

Ian - our officiant and friend.

Our wedding was on August 15th, 2021 at Rivaura in Juliaetta, Idaho. John and I have been together for nearly three years now and our wedding was absolutely perfect. We booked Ian a few months before the wedding and without him, I am not sure it would have went as well as it did. He was so incredibly helpful during the whole process. With helping on our vows, which I had no idea how to write without his advice. We met with him via zoom a couple times since we don’t live close to him. Ian is so down to earth and we felt a closeness to him, like he is family or a long-time friend.
    We felt like we wanted to get to know Ian and his significant other more so it was natural to want to invite him to the family dinner the night before the wedding. It was so nice to get to know him and Jocelyn more, our kids really loved them too. During our meetings with Ian, he came up with a personalized speech for our guests and for us. He sent it to us for review prior to the wedding, making sure it was appropriate and met our personalities.
    Wedding Day- Ian helped us with the rehearsal and how we were going to walk and with whom, what order. Truly, a life saver as neither John nor I had been to many weddings. We wanted our children as the bridal party, not traditional but we felt that our three girls and two boys needed to be up at the altar because they are our world. We are not religious at all and Ian had no problem at all preparing his speech and helping us with our vows. After the ceremony, we really wanted Ian and Jocelyn to stay with us to celebrate with our family and friends. They met with our guests and I’d consider them our kids’ new uncle and auntie! They were just so approachable, friendly and considerate to us and the people we love and care about.
    John and I both feel that we made the absolute best decision in hiring Ian as our officiant and would recommend him to anyone else getting married. Our wedding would not have been the same with anyone else. We fell Ian genuinely cares about both of us and ensuring our most important day of our lives meant something more. We look forward to keeping in touch with Ian, because he isn’t just an officiant, he is a friend, someone that went out of his way to make our marriage more special and memorable.
  • Mariquena
    Mariquena V. Married on 12/31/2020

Forever grateful to Ian.

Forever grateful to Ian for officiating the marriage with my beloved Leo. The personalized script he wrote for us was very touching and emotional. After a short interview with us, he was able to verbalize the essence of our love history, setting a very romantic tone to the ceremony. He understood our beliefs and our intentions about marriage and set an impactful blessing for our union.
    Not only is he charismatic to officiate weddings, he is profesional and works closely with each partner to make the ceremony as special as can be. Thank you Ian for helping make our wedding unique and unforgettable.

Pricing

Legacies of Love Price Rates

Team

Ian Cruess
Ian Cruess
Owner, Officiant & Coach

Hello!
My name is Ian. I am a former wildland fighter and most recently a McCall Smokejumper. I have always been passionate about relationships; I clearly remember the first time I asked a girl I was in love with to be my girlfriend... in the fifth grade. Intimate partnership has never been easy for me. My insecurities come alive, I can become very self conscious, I freeze or feel like running away, I blame it all on my partner or blame myself and put my tail between my legs in shame. Kind of intense, huh?
I became tired of the painful confusion so I decided to go to The Relationship School to learn about myself. It was time for me to take responsibility for the really uncomfortable reality of relationship I experienced. I always knew I wanted to be of service on a more personal level, too. I resigned from my 13 year firefighting career to pursue relationship coaching as well as committed, monogamous relationship and a future family to share with the love of my life.
A few of my friends asked me to officiate their weddings over the years and it finally all clicked for me in 2020; I am a modern day minister who caters to all religious, spiritual and non-religious couples. Whether you need extended support as you journey towards marriage and beyond or just the right person to highlight your unique bond on the day of your ceremony, my sense of service runs deep and it is my pleasure to offer a genuine space for you and your partner to be your most authentic selves.
It is my mission to leave a lasting legacy of love and I will be privileged to help you do the same.

146 Lake Trail Dr Donnelly, ID, 83615
208-408-3808
Location of (Legacies of Love)

Other vendors in Boise for your wedding