Sarah Street Photography Reviews

Sarah Street Photography 6
Sarah Street Photography 7
  • Meghan

Meghan Manley · Married on 05/11/2019

One of the best wedding decisions we made throughout our planning process.

We can't begin to describe how amazing it was to work with Sarah! She was so professional, organized, and timely. She ensured our schedule for the day made sense, followed up with us throughout the process, and made us feel completely at ease on our wedding day. It was so wonderful to know she understood us and our style and we fully trusted all of her direction day of. The pictures turned out so beautifully and truly captured our personalities and so many wonderful moments from the day. We could not recommend her enough and plan to use her again over the years.

Sent on 06/07/2019

Sarah Street Photography's reply:

Meghan, thank you to you and Clarke for being so incredibly easy to work with! Cannot express that enough. Your entire wedding party was phenomenal. My favorite part of the day was watching the two of you get on stage and sing your hearts out to Africa by Toto. You two have left an imprint on my heart. Can't wait to see you again and enjoy the next year of newlywed bliss! Cheers, Sarah

Kirsten Shiroma · Married on 12/01/2018

Highly Recommend Sarah Street Photography

We highly recommend Sarah! Sarah was my first choice wedding photographer from the start because of her classic, soft, romantic look--all of which was reflected in our wedding day photos!

Sarah will go the distance with her clients. She took the time to speak with me in advance about our day of timeline. I found out that this is typically done about a month out, but speaking with Sarah about the timeline earlier helped me put the final pieces in to place. She also had great insight along the way that helped me organize the final details. Sarah is well versed with the Williamsburg Inn and knew all the great spots to capture good light (and avoid the wet grass)!

I remember the calm and comfort that Sarah brought to our special day. The first thing Sarah said to me right before she took her first photo of me in my dress was how beautiful I looked in my dress. She was sincere in her words and I immediately felt at ease after a long morning of getting ready. She continued to rockstar through the rest of the day, working with the videographer, wedding party, and family well. I asked her to take a huge photo of well over 40 family members and she made sure to get every face shown. Her attention to detail is spot on.

To this day I show people our pictures and they say we should be a cover photo for colonial Williamsburg (not that we need to be, but the high compliment is further support on Sarah and her skills!). I recommend her whole heartily and her pictures reflect the winter wedding fairy tale feelings we had throughout the day.

So much thanks to Sarah for everything that she did for us. She truly made it an amazing experience!

Sent on 04/02/2019
    Sarah Street Photography 8
    Sarah Street Photography 9
    Sarah Street Photography 10
    Sarah Street Photography 11
    Sarah Street Photography 12

Sarah Street Photography's reply:

Kirsten, I can not express how grateful I am to have had the pleasure of photographing the two of you and documenting such an important day in your lives. Your words were so thoughtful and kind. I can not thank you enough for taking time out of your day to write such a sweet and lengthly recap of your experience with me. I hope you keep in touch! Thank you! -Sarah

Emily · Married on 11/17/2018

Everything we could have asked for and more

Sarah was amazing in every way. We wanted to really be efficient during the photo portion of our wedding day so that we could maximize time with family and friends. Sarah was so accommodating and captured beautiful photos of every aspect of the day. We also got our pictures back SO quickly! Everything about her service was wonderful and I would absolutely recommend.

Sent on 01/22/2019

Sarah Street Photography's reply:

Emily, thank you for your kind words! Your wedding was BEAUTIFUL and one I will never forget. The back of your dress was stunning and the oranges as escort cards was so unique. Such a great touch for your guests. I appreciate you taking the time to leave such a thoughtful review. I hope marriage is treating you and Rob well! Cheers, Sarah

Laura Flanagan · Married on 09/29/2018

Don't think twice-book Sarah!

We absolutely loved working with Sarah. She is communicative and helpful throughout the entire process and provides a ton of resources for planning. She works hard to make sure everything about your day is exactly how you envisioned. She is also really friendly- we felt super comfortable with her right away. Most importantly, our pictures are INCREDIBLE! We will certainly treasure them for a lifetime to come.

Sent on 02/10/2019
    Sarah Street Photography 13

Sarah Street Photography's reply:

Laura, you and Connor are a treasure. You made my job so incredibly easy and FUN! I am so glad you found my experience guide helpful along the way. It was great seeing you again at another wedding recently and hope it won't be the last. Thank you for taking the time to leave a recap of your experience with me. I truly appreciate it! Cheers, Sarah
  • Soyeon

Soyeon · Married on 08/18/2018

Highly Recommend

Sarah was excellent. My husband and I were nervous going into our engagement photoshoot but Sarah made us feel so comfortable and patiently coached us through it all! She captured our wedding day so perfectly and my friends rave about the quality and lighting of our pictures ! Thank you Sarah!

Sent on 02/24/2019
    Sarah Street Photography 14
    Sarah Street Photography 15
    Sarah Street Photography 16
    Sarah Street Photography 17
    Sarah Street Photography 18

Sarah Street Photography's reply:

Soyeon, thank you for an incredible day at the wedding and at the engagement session with the two of you. You were open to my ideas and vision for portraits, making everything run smoothly and on time. Your friends and family were so kind and thoughtful, asking me all day if I had eaten or needed anything. It was very touching. The reception was the first time I had seen musical chairs played at a wedding. So fun and entertaining for everyone! I love that you made your wedding day your own. I hope this past year of marriage has been a great one. Thank you, Sarah

Lindsey · Married on 07/14/2018

Words can not explain how truly amazing Sarah is but I’m going to give it a go anyways. From the moment I contacted her to inquire about her availability and pricing to receiving what are the best images my husband and I will ever have, she was nothing but professional, kind, and a pure joy to work with! She is a genius, she found the most romantic spots with the perfect lighting to create pictures that looked like they came straight out of a magazine. Neither my husband nor I knew what to do in front of a camera but she coached us the entire way and everything just felt so natural. She had our pictures ready in no time and we are so in love with how they turned out. She even sent us the sweetest gift! Sarah was worth every penny we spent, which was very reasonable by the way, and we would recommend her to anybody and everybody!!

Sent on 10/02/2018
    Sarah Street Photography 19
    Sarah Street Photography 20
    Sarah Street Photography 21

Sarah Street Photography's reply:

Lindsey, thank you so much for your thoughtful words! I am so incredibly lucky you found me. Your intimate wedding was very sweet and special. Thank you for giving me the creative freedom during your portraits. The architecture was so inspiring and they are some of my favorites! All the best to the two of you! -Sarah
  • Liz

Liz B · Married on 05/26/2018

Liz & Jacob Colonial Williamsburg Wedding

Sarah Was incredible throughout our entire experience. She was extremely attentive to every detail from pre planning the timeline right down to capturing the finest details of our day. Sarah was flexible and open minded to both Jacob and I’s visions in order to make both visions happen. Sarah has a very impressive way of directing the day, while remaining very calm and sensaible. When we felt stuck or award while shooting she gave us tips that made us feel comfortable and confident. Sarah’s style is absolutely stunning- fine art photography meets digital. Her work is worth every penny!!

Sent on 01/22/2019

Morgan · Married on 04/07/2018

My wife and I were selected by Sarah as part of her annual wedding giveaway, and we really could not have been more fortunate. Sarah was an absolute pleasure to work with. She was friendly, quick to respond, and very easy to work with. She put us both at ease, was open to any ideas, and really kept our thoughts and goals in mind. During our final run through call, she had everything prepared, but was open to our thoughts. Very gracious and easy going. On our big day, she let us enjoy the day, gave us one on one time, and scheduled time for us to be in the moment between photos. And her work was incredible. So pristine and beautiful, these are memories we will treasure for the rest of our lives, and we would confidently recommend her work to anyone looking for a photographer. We had our wedding in Columbia, SC, and she made the long trek from Virginia all the way down south. We loved her so much!

Sent on 06/23/2018

Sarah Street Photography's reply:

Morgan & Sam, Thank you SO much for your incredibly kind words! I have had such a wonderful experience with the couples from the annual giveaway and you two were no exception. It was truly a pleasure working with you both. Thank you for having me down to Columbia to experience the place you two met and fell in love! All the best, Sarah

Hayden · Married on 12/30/2017

Sarah is very professional in working with people and planning all the logistics of her photography. She has an amazing eye for positioning people and background to capture the moments you always want to remember. You will be extremely glad you chose her to be your photographer!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Sarah Street Photography's reply:

Hayden, thank you so much for taking the time to leave such kind words. Your winter wedding was such a wonderful celebration from the start of the ceremony to the very end of the reception. Your guests were all so much fun! You and Nelson were truly a joy to work with. -Sarah

Jackie · Married on 10/14/2017

First of all, if you want classic, timeless photos you have to hire Sarah to photograph your wedding!!! I had an October wedding outdoors and they came out absolutely magical! She was even able to capture night time photos that came out so clear. I had my photos back within couple weeks of the wedding and loved all of them. Strongly recommend her !! She’s super fun to work with too!! ❤️❤️❤️

Sent on 05/23/2018

Sarah Street Photography's reply:

Jackie, Thank you SO much for your kind words. You and Brent had one heck of a party! The florals were stunning and the part of the ceremony when your families all stood together at the alter was so special that I got a little choked up. Thank you for allowing me to witness the start of a new chapter for your family. -Sarah

Shanna · Married on 10/07/2017

We could not have asked for a better photographer for our most special day than we had with Sarah Street! Not only was she amazing and professional to work with, she also shared great insight and ideas along the way. Highly recommend!

Sent on 04/07/2018
    Sarah Street Photography 22
    Sarah Street Photography 23
    Sarah Street Photography 24
    Sarah Street Photography 25
    Sarah Street Photography 26
    Sarah Street Photography 27

Sarah Street Photography's reply:

Shanna, thank you! Your wedding was a favorite and the two of you made my job so easy. I am truly grateful to have been the one to document the start of a new chapter for you. Cheers!

Kendall · Married on 09/30/2017

We loved working with Sarah! She was incredibly professional and made us feel comfortable at every stage. Even more importantly our pictures are amazing!!! I would (and do!) recommended her to anyone for a wonderful experience.

Sent on 04/08/2018
    Sarah Street Photography 28
    Sarah Street Photography 29
    Sarah Street Photography 30
    Sarah Street Photography 31
    Sarah Street Photography 32
    Sarah Street Photography 33

Sarah Street Photography's reply:

Kendall, thank you for leaving me such a sweet note. I am so happy you love your photos! I hope you are all settled in at your new home!

Katherine · Married on 09/16/2017

Sarah was very professional and produced good quality photos! We have so many to choose from and can't wait to get our album back!

Sent on 04/16/2018

We will cherish the photos that Sarah took for us forever! She is incredibly talented and professional. We valued photography over all other aspects of our wedding experience and she did not disappoint. We felt comfortable and knew that she would deliver everything she promised throughout. She worked wonderfully with all of our other vendors, which made our day so much less stressful and relaxing! We receive compliments all the time about how wonderful our photos are (and our guests loved that she got plenty of shots of them too)!

Sent on 04/07/2018

Sarah Street Photography's reply:

Thank you, so much, for taking the time to leave me such kind words. I am so grateful to have such wonderful clients and am incredibly happy you two had a great experience with me!

HYO · Married on 10/16/2016

We were so pleased and thrilled working with Sarah for our engagement and wedding photos. On the day we met to take our engagement photos, it started raining after an hour into the session. She captured some beautiful photos on that day before we got interrupted by the weather, however, she still offered us to meet for another day to take more engagement photos. She has been very responsive and communicative during the whole process. She captured so many details of the wedding that we would have missed if we do not have those photos. Even after the wedding, she made sure to send us all of the photos and album on time. We absolutely love her work and would highly recommend her to anyone who is looking for a great professional photographer.

Sent on 02/22/2017

Sarah Street Photography's reply:

Hyo and Justin, thank you so much for your kind words! I am thrilled you had such a wonderful experience with me. You two were such a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. I appreciate you!

Jenn · Married on 06/18/2016

Sarah is AMAZING. Her passion for photography is very obvious when working with her. Photos are very important to us and somehow she was able to catch every single detail and special moment to us. Not only did she get amazing pictures of us, but she was able to capture amazing photos of our friends and family. We have 2 "Sarah" walls in our house where we have nothing but pictures she took. We can't wait to add to our collection. Sarah also went above and beyond any expectations we had. We received 2 packages from her (one after our engagement shoot and one after our wedding) all with additional goodies. She also drove all the way from Virginia Beach to Philly to shoot our engagement pictures. I can't say it enough, AMAZING. We are so thankful that our wedding planner (Jill Brown, from Sunkissed Planning) help connect us with her and we HIGHLY recommend her for any occasion.

Sent on 08/17/2016

Sarah Street Photography's reply:

Jenn + Mike, I can not thank YOU two enough for being so amazing!!! Truly a great couple, so very thoughtful and a joy to be around. Thank you for your kinds words. Love you both!

Krizia · Married on 05/21/2016

Is there a word limit to these reviews?! I could go on and on about Sarah! All good things, of course!

We had the pleasure and honor of having Sarah as our photographer for our wedding. It was the best decision ever! I am so in love with her work. Every wedding she shoots, I swoon over every image and it makes me want to get married all over again! She naturally is able to capture all the details, light, emotions, romance -- everything you want captured on your special day!

I was so impressed with Sarah's professionalism, efficiency, organization, and of course, talent. We had a large wedding, with lots of attendants, and a 12 hour day -- a daunting task, if you ask me! But Sarah handled it so well - she didn't miss a beat! She kept to the timelines that we established prior to the big day and even stayed a bit later when the program went a little longer than expected. I was truly impressed and grateful for Sarah's help on our wedding day! I remember my huband and I talking on the ride back to the hotel and we kept talking about how much of a rockstar Sarah was!

The photos -- WOW! Both my husband and I were a little nervous in front of the camera, but Sarah made us feel so comfortable and beautiful! I remember thinking, "Hey, I could get used to this!" :) The photos of the bridal party are some of my favorites and as soon as we got the prints, I couldn't get them on my wall and around my house fast enough. LOVE LOVE LOVE!

I cannot recommend Sarah enough! Her work not only speaks for itself, but she goes above and beyond. I am so so so grateful for Sarah and that we have her work to remember all the love and joy on our wedding day!

Sent on 02/19/2017

Sarah Street Photography's reply:

Krizia + Brian, you two are an incredible couple. I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to sit down and write such a thoughtful note. Thank you so much! I can't wait to have you two back in front of my camera again this year!

Jaime · Married on 05/07/2016

Sarah's use of light, and natural style are amazing! She is truly talented and such a joy! Her personal touches and way of photographing things give such a special outcome to her photos.

Sent on 06/03/2016

Sarah Street Photography's reply:

Jaime, thank you so much!!!! Loved working with the two of you! A dream wedding!

Kathryn · Married on 10/25/2015

Sarah Street Photography is the BEST!!!

It was quite fortuitous how we found Sarah. We had reached out to a photographer in Frederick, MD where we were planning our wedding but she was booked. However the lady kindly referred us to Sarah who is located in Virginia Beach. I looked over her gallery and fell in love with her style. I especially loved her "detail" pictures (invitations, rings, jewelry)! We were a little concerned about her being located so far from us, but she assured us that she is willing to travel anywhere and we were SOLD!

Our package included an engagement session that we highly recommend to any couple. She was willing to travel up to Maryland however my husband and I decided to make a weekend trip down to Virginia and it was so nice to get away during our engagement and she had some great places in mind for us to have them done! It was a fantastic way to get some face to face time with her and gave us the opportunity to get more comfortable being in front of the camera.

We thought her prices were quite reasonable especially when you see all that is included in the package. It included a second shooter the day of, easy to use online gallery of your photos that you can print from, and the most beautiful wedding album. She threw in a lot of extra goodies and hand written notes to us. She was really able to help with the time line of events on our wedding day which was super helpful too.

If you go with Sarah Street Photography, you can expect superb customer service, excellent photos, a very knowledgeable/talented/experienced photographer, the most beautiful album, and the classiest looking box that holds a glass USB and 100 prints that are so nice to show off to your guests when the come to visit! We highly recommend using her especially if you want romantic, timeless, natural photos that will be cherished for a lifetime!!

Sent on 06/09/2016

Sarah Street Photography's reply:

Kathryn, thank you for taking the time to leave such a sweet and detailed review. Your families were so incredibly warm and welcoming. The two of you were so easy going and open to my creative visions. Love you to pieces!!!

Jenny · Married on 08/29/2015

Sarah is a wonderful photographer and I could not have asked for someone better to capture our day. Her prices were reasonable and she was so easy to work with. I love, love, love, the pictures that came out of our engagement session and wedding day. I would definitely recommend Sarah for engagement/wedding photography!

Sent on 06/03/2016

Sarah Street Photography's reply:

Thank you, Jenny, for taking the time to leave a review! It was such an honor to document your wedding day!

Cara · Married on 05/23/2015

Sarah was recommended to us by another professional in the industry- and we couldn't be happier with our engagement and wedding photos! She took the time to get to know my (now) husband and I and what kind of shots we wanted on our special day. Our pictures are even better than we ever could have imagined- you only have to look at her website and blog to see that she has so much talent. Many thanks to Sarah for making our wedding day a dream and giving us priceless memories captured on film!

Sent on 07/29/2015

Sarah Street Photography's reply:

Thank you, Cara + Jeff! I truly had such a great time getting to know the two of you. What a great couple! You two made it so easy to do my job!

Ashley · Married on 05/16/2015

It's been almost a whole year since Sarah photographed our wedding! I honestly can't believe that. Going through our photo album now brings me right back to the day. Every detail is photographed in such a breathtaking way!! my husband hates having his photo taken and she made everyone feel so comfortable. She also knows how to make you pose for the best picture. It feels so awkward but looks so good. She is beautiful inside and out!! I'm hoping to have a lifestyle shoot with her soon. She has these adorable pictures or her cats that I need her to capture with mine :)

Sent on 06/02/2016

Sarah Street Photography's reply:

Ashley, thank you! Such an AMAZING wedding it was!! Ahh! The details! All the hearts! Love you two!

Though we are both from Virginia Beach, we planned our entire wedding from across the country. Finding and working with Sarah made the process of coordinating our wedding details that much easier.

Sarah worked within our budget and was accommodating to our schedule for engagement pictures when we were in town for a short weekend before our wedding. She captured our day perfectly, including all the important photos and details that were meaningful to us. She wrangled together our large, family photos and did not grow discouraged when a brief rain storm appeared during our bridal party portraits. Most of all, I admired Sarah's professionalism. As a military couple, we had specific requests regarding privacy with aspects of our wedding, and Sarah obliged each one without hesitation. She worked seamlessly with our other vendors making everything that much easier!

I would recommend Sarah's work to other couples who are looking for the right person to capture all of their day's important memories!

Sent on 12/10/2014

Sarah Street Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words!!! I am lucky to have been the one chosen to capture your wedding day. I hope you are able to cherish those images for a lifetime. I wish you two all the best!!!

Sarah was an absolute dream. At the time I was taking a chance - she was just getting her business started and I wasn't that familiar with her work. Well look - she was the BEST vendor at my wedding. And my family & friends went nuts over the pictures. There are so many frame-worthy shots that we basically could have closed our eyes and pointed to a picture at random. The candid ones, especially, were top notch. She's very professional, organized, and kind to boot.

Sent on 01/13/2015

Sarah Street Photography's reply:

Thank you for your believing in me!!!! 100x over!

Shannon · Married on 09/12/2015

My wedding planner, Jill of Sunkissed Events, referred her and I'm so glad she did. I wanted that beautiful, soft, romantic, almost ethereal look to my wedding photos and that is what she delivered. She was also able to capture some hilarious moments at our reception and the sweetness of our grandparents at the reception. She was able to drive up to Northern VA where we live for our engagement session and that was great to save on our travelling (we got married in VA Beach).

It rained on our wedding day so we didn't get all the bridal portraits we wanted but we had already booked a second bridal shoot so I'm looking forward to seeing more of her gorgeousness! There was about a 10 minute window to shoot 15 different family portraits and somehow she got them all in and they all look great! Also our reception had to be moved inside to a room that clashed with my colors, but in the photos she was able to soften it up and you can hardly tell that the walls were orange.

I think the icing on the cake was our post wedding special delivery we got from her. I was only expecting a USB drive with our photos and an online gallery, but we got a ton of prints and even 1 8x10 print and 2 5x7 ( think) prints. While I would have chosen different photos for the larger prints, that was a nice surprise.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Sarah Street Photography's reply:

Shannon, thank you so much for your thoughtful and kind words! You and Brian were wonderful to work with and am looking forward to seeing the two of you again this spring! <3, Sarah