Sarah Dickerson Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
    Hailey Married on 04/30/2016
    My fiance and I were both extremely happy with Sarah's photography services. We just did engagement photos, as we are getting married in another state. We love the pictures! Sarah was helpful and easy to schedule with. The day of the session, she was laid back and very easy to get along with. She was in tune with what we wanted out of our photos, and it was a great experience. I definitely recommend!
    Jessica Married on 10/17/2015
    Loved Sarah, great to work with.
  • User2178247 2+ years ago
    Sarah was so amazing. When we first met with her after a few other photographers, I was impressed by her organization and attention to detail as far as the time line and schedule for the day of the wedding. She was great to work with - always super responsive. The day of her second shooter was just as amazing as her and the day was flawless. Would definitely recommend her especially for the value!!
    Anna Married on 08/18/2013
    Sarah is fantastic to work with. She does really amazing things with light, and the photos are just beautiful. Both my sister and I used her for our weddings!
    Rachael Married on 08/10/2013
    Sarah photographed my sisters wedding back in 2010 and did such a great job! When I got engaged I knew I had to have her! She is so wonderful to work with, and her pictures speak for themselves. My husband isn't always thrilled about taking pictures and we were a little nervous going into our engagement shoot that it would be a little awkward. Not at all. It was so much fun and they turned out better than we could have imagined, and the same with our wedding pictures! On your wedding day, those moments only happen once. Sarah caught every single one of them! Book Sarah, she's definitely worth it!
  • User1150597 2+ years ago
    Sarah's photos are, in one word: STUNNING. The cost is definitely worth it. We used her for our engagement & wedding. My husband & I wanted lots of candid photos and pictures that would capture the real us. Sarah captured exactly what we wanted! She was professional the entire time we worked with her. Not only that, but she made us feel completely comfortable on our wedding day. I barely noticed her taking pictures. (I didn't even notice her during the ceremony, but the pictures prove she was there.) Start to finish, Sarah is SO wonderful to work with. She took more pictures than I can imagine; she was always shooting. Best part of all, the wedding pictures were done QUICKLY! I didn't have to wait 6 months like all my other friends. You will NOT be disappointed!
    Allison Married on 03/23/2013
    I can't say enough good things about Sarah! From our very first meeting I felt confident that she would capture our day perfectly. She is always very easy to get in touch with whether it be by phone, e-mail, or text, and she responds promptly. I also found her price to be very reasonable. She was one of the lowest among all of the quotes I got, and I think she takes the best photos out of all of them!! She is friendly, fun to be with on your wedding day, and most importantly...she's calm and organized!! We had a very unexpected late spring snowstorm the day of our wedding, and needless to say I was a little nervous about how it would affect travel, photos, etc. Sarah never seemed stressed or flustered despite the weather and everyone running late. She kept me so calm and was incredibly professional through it all. Her work speaks for itself, and the photos on her blog demonstrate why she's among the very best in Kansas City. If you're looking for not only a fabulous photographer but someone who is a true pleasure to work with from start to finish, Sarah Dickerson is the perfect choice!!
    Megan Married on 10/13/2012
    Sarah is a wonderful photographer! She did an amazing job with a rainy day! She was very flexible because of our rainy wedding day. when it would stop raining she would pull us outside to get pictures outside before it would start raining again. Our pictures are amazing! I'm so excited to share with our friends and family.
    Amanda Married on 09/22/2012
    I can not say enough good things about Sarah. Our experience, top to bottom, was AMAZING - best vendor we worked with. Amazing photographs and we love her packages she offers. She was so fun and easy to work with and was great about incorporating all the things we wanted. We will continue to seek her out for future family photos, etc. (We had engagement photos, wedding photos, and boudoir photos done by her - all SUPERB service, value, and quality!)
    Amy Married on 07/07/2012
    Sarah is great! My pictures could be published in a magazine! Totally worth every $. She was part of the family that day for sure
    Kaitlyn Married on 06/30/2012
    Sarah was very efficient for the formal portraits and found an amazing location for our wedding party shots. The previews look amazing and show her creativity. We can't wait to see the rest of them!
    Lisa Married on 05/19/2012
    Sarah was amazing! Our engagement pictures were so cute and from what I have seen on her blog with our wedding pictures, I know I will love them. She made sure to take the pictures that were important to me, made sure to capture "in the moment", and candid pics. She is extremely creative and very personable. She has a great eye for touching and fun pictures that will help me remember my day for the rest of my life. I actually found out about her through my friend who used her and I am so happy I listened to my friend. Book her and she will not disappoint!
    Carly Married on 05/05/2012
    Sarah is amazing! Her eye for photography is out of this world. I couldn't be more happy with my pictures! If your pictures are REALLY important to you, go with Sarah Dickerson! You will not be disappointed!
    Patty Married on 05/05/2012
    Sarah did a wonderful job! All of the pics we've seen so far have been fantastic! She has a knack for finding all of the right angles and shooting such unique candid shots. She was excellent in working with the pre-wedding locations of the bridal parties.

i've already recommended her to two friends with daughters getting married later this year!

Patty Lang
    Mother of the Bride
    Sara Married on 11/05/2011
    Sarah,

In my work at CitiMortgage, I am a Director for Customer Care with specific focus on “the customer experience”. We work very hard to earn our clients trust, exceed their expectations, and find ways to delight them. We also spend a great deal of time asking for client feedback and work daily to improve client satisfaction.

With that said, I know what it takes to earn top scores from a client..and YOU are a rock solid TEN!

From our very first correspondence to the delivery of our photos, you have presented yourself as the ultimate professional. Everything you do has such a personal touch that makes your clients feel special. From your newsy Facebook updates to the lovely comments you write in every single blog post, you convey that you care about the people you work with and the memories you create for them.

Sara and Rick were not sure how they felt about having a lot of pictures taken of them, but you were able to make them comfortable and to capture the real joy and love they share between them.

Your beautiful pictures have turned out to be one of the most important parts of a very special day – you captured it perfectly for us.

Thank you!

Stephanie
    Christine Married on 10/08/2011
    Sarah did an amazing job on our wedding day photos. She was extremely professional and fun to work with. We really wanted outdoor, country-feeling photos, and she made it happen.
  • vc10um
    Victoria Married on 06/26/2011
    I wish I could give Sarah 50 stars...but I guess I will have to settle for 5! She is amazingly wonderful to work with, especially since I was a long-distance bride. We scheduled our engagement session without even meeting in person, but we knew the moment we met her at Starbucks in the Plaza, we had found our photographer. Nearly 180 images later, we had our first bit of evidence we were correct! We booked Sarah's services for our wedding, her "e-bride" package: unlimited coverage, with all files on DVD, printing rights, and an online gallery of images (plus the engagement session with DVD and printing rights). We also added on a second photographer. Fortunately, Mike Tsai was available to second shoot for her...he's an amazing right-hand man, so if you book Sarah, see if he's available to second! Sarah has a knack for making you feel at ease in front of the camera. She effortlessly blends into the background and you forget she's there during the candid moments, and she gives just the right amount of suggestion or posing help for those important portraits. We ended up with over 1500 images from our wedding over an 11 hour duration. She is incredibly prompt with delivery of the images as well! While friends of mine have languished for MONTHS without so much as a peep from their photographer, Sarah had posted a blog entry with teaser pictures from our wedding 4 days after the event, and we had our DVDs in hand 4 weeks after the wedding. She is incredible at using light and capturing emotion, and I can't wait to use her services again in the future!
    Susan Married on 06/18/2011
    Sarah is amazing!! We met with a lot of photographers and we're SO happy we went with Sarah. She's knows great places around KC to get fun shots and can do them quickly (always a plus!). We loved that we have full rights to our pictures and that she worked with us to customize our package to include a bridal portrait (a MOB request). She's super professional and even brought along a second shooter as a bonus! We love our pictures and have gotten so many complements.
    Jennifer Married on 06/05/2011
    Trying to find the perfect photographer was my biggest obstacle in planning the wedding . . . until I met Sarah. She is wonderful! Very professional, fun, personable, and best of all I love her work!! I was looking for someone who we would be comfortable around, an upbeat personality and a talent for good angles and poses, Sarah was it! She did a fabulous job shooting and documenting my wedding day, she captured not only the events of the day, but the emotion that was there too. She was the first to arrive and was the last to leave, fun to be around the entire day, and more than patient with me when it came to the different poses the amount of pictures that I wanted, she even stayed later to make sure I was happy with what we had . . . . bless her! Exceptional customer service and talent! The photo booth that her co-worker set up was a total hit! She took very clear, crisp, bright photos; I love them!! I have received many complements of the beautiful and creative pictures she took. Having Sarah as my wedding photographer was the best decision I made for my wedding!!
    Danyelle Married on 04/30/2011
    We fell in love with Sarah's work on Facebook before we ever knew anything about her. Lucky for us, she was available for our wedding day! Sarah is extremely talented and has a great eye and spontaneity that will ensure your pictures will be unique from any other photographer. She captured the emotions, little moments and candids that we will always treasure- all without us ever even noticing she was there. We would hire Sarah again in a heartbeat!
    Heather Married on 03/04/2011
    She has been amazing and professional from the beginning. We have gotten so many compliments on our engagement and wedding photos. She has a way of making everyone look good and really capturing the moment, and is so talented even in difficult, low-light situations. She is great at everything from detail, traditional and candid shots, as well as capturing the emotions in the room. Sarah was so cool from start to finish, even helping us carry stuff to the limo when we were running late! Always very quick to respond to my questions too! When I first started looking at photographers, I thought prices were outrageous- now I think we got a steal on her. Plus she gives you co-copyright on your pictures so you can print more any time you want. A++++
    If you can get her you should- she's the best photographer and a great person!!!
    Rachel Married on 09/05/2010
    Sarah gave us AMAZING photos!!!! She was so professional and punctual for everything. She made it all so easy, but above all the quality of her work is unbelievable.
    April Married on 06/25/2010
    She was absolutely awesome. I loved meeting with her, working with her and love the pictures we have seen so far. All of my wedding guests commented on how professional she was and they have all loved our pictures that we have seen so far. I am a big picture person so to me it was the thing I wanted to make sure I got the best for and I think we achieved that I thought the pricing was fair. I would definitely recommend her to others.
    Emily Married on 05/01/2010
    Sarah is AMAZING! She is fun and easy to work with and her pictures are stunning! She did both our engagement shoot and wedding photography and we couldn't be happier with the pictures she took. She really captured the moment! I would recommend Sarah for ANYTHING you want beautiful memories of!
    Tammy Married on 02/13/2010
    Sarah did a fantastic job!!! We were really lucky that she was able to fit us into her busy schedule!! Anyone wanting out-of-this-world wedding pictures should definitely consider her!! Her work speaks for itself.