45 Reviews for Sandos Playacar Beach Resort

Aisle Runners (2)
Stations (1)
Parking (1)
44 Sandos Playacar Beach Resort Reviews

We recently had our wedding at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort in Playa del Carmen. We visited 2 years ago and loved the resort so much, we knew it had to get married here.

MARISOL was the wedding coordinator I had dealt with. She always emailed me back quickly and I was never worried that something wasn't going to work out. I didn't know that she would completely plan the timeline for everything as well. That was one thing I was stressed about. But once we had our meeting at Sandos, I knew she had it under control and I was back to relaxing in the pool. We had many last minute additions to the reception but Marisol was always accommodating.

When the wedding ceremony started and I saw the set up for the first time, I was so blown away by how beautiful it looked, It took me a minute to realize i was supposed to be looking at my husband! Once we moved on to the cocktail reception I was even more excited. It was set up so beautifully. The only change I would have made would be to have more lighting at the cocktail reception. After the cocktail reception we moved over to the dinner area. This was GORGEOUS. Again, it was more decorated and beautiful than I thought it would be. As someone who works for weddings, I was worried I might not be very impressed. But I am still in awe of how amazing it all was.

Our cake was DELICIOUS, the DJ was amazing, the bartenders were so nice, the servers were great! Even the random dog that decided to wedding crash made everyone's night.

Thank you so much Marisol and the rest of Sandos wedding team. Everyone is still talking about it and people are sad that they're already married because they wish they could get married there!

See you in a couple years!! 64 of us are already planning a wedding week reunion.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 11/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Marisol helped coordinate the wedding of my dreams with little effort on my part. Hair and make up done by the salon was exactly what I asked for. We had the perfect room to get ready in for photographs and the flowers were beautiful. The cake looked exactly like the picture we sent and was delicious. Lastly, the DJ kept people on the dance floor all night long and played requests immediately. I would highly recommend having your destination wedding at this resort.

Profile Picture Emily, 11/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Photography, Wedding Cake

Where do I begin.. Maria is truly amazing! She was an absolute delight to work with. We had 94 guests at our wedding on July 16, 2017 and it was flawless. We decided not to use a wedding coordinator and plan it directly with the resort staff - we were very worried how everything would all turn out and how easy/hard it would be to communicate with the staff from Canada. From the get go Maria was there every step of the way. She always found a way to make us happy and to give us what we wanted. She took a lot of stress off of us and we are so grateful for that.
We had an Indian destination wedding including: A semi private welcome dinner, Mendhi function, Pithi/Maiyan, Sangeet night, ceremony, and reception. A lot of events with a lot of people! Everything turned out so amazing, it was everything we dreamed of and more.
I'd highly recommend Sandos Playacar. The resort itself is the perfect size, the staff are all so kind and caring and best of all Maria is amazing.
We definitely plan on visiting again!

Profile Picture Azra, 7/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Maria and Marisol both helped me during my wedding on 11/14/2016 and they are both AMAZING. I am not a very stressful type of person but I do like details and organization and these two girls nailed it! We only had communication via email about 3 months prior to the wedding and one short phone call. I appreciate so much their quick replies (they responded within HOURS) to ALL of my emails because I sent so many a week for very minor details and probably 15 questions per email, but as you can imagine planning a destination wedding is not easy. They were so patient and quick to reply without hesitation to all my concerns. I wanted to save money on some decorations so I brought my own (in TWO luggages) and I met with Marisol two days before my wedding day explaining how I wanted my decorations to be set up and she outdid herself. They even helped with my welcome bags for my guests! My ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were all spectacular and even better than imagined it. I couldn’t ask for a more beautiful wedding and most importantly a STRESS-FREE wedding thanks to these two ladies. I can’t thank them enough...I don’t have any complaints. I should also mention the DJ and Mariachi band, photographer (Giuseppe from the resort), and food (including cake) were also great! If you want a wedding in Playa Del Carmen, then Sandos Playacar Beach Resort and Spa is the place for you, no doubt!

Profile Picture Adriana, 11/14/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Band, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, DJ, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Photography, Wedding Cake

Overall they did an amazing job! It was stress free and so beautiful - with out all the work! The resort photographer was amazing I was in LOVE with all of my photos! Maria was so sweet and accommodating best wedding coordinator ever! They baked me my own gluten free cake! The food was amazing so much better than expected! Thank you all for an amazing day we will never forget!

Profile Picture User7452816, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am so happy with the way my wedding went! Maria and Marisol were amazing throughout the whole process. I was planning from the United States which seemed like it would be stressful but it was anything but! I would recommend Sandos Playacar to everyone and anyone trying to plan a destination wedding. They made me feel such at ease. On the day of my wedding, Maria told me that the humidity would be high and allowed me to move our reception to the Palapa behind the wedding ceremony. This conversation happened at 1:30pm and my wedding was a 4pm. They cleaned the entire building and set it perfectly to make my day my dream. That shows incredible flexibility and shows how amazing their staff is!
The only thing I would recommend for future weddings is to move the chairs back at the ceremony. They were incredibly close to the alter and the aisle was slim. But that is such a minor thing that it didn't affect us to much!
Thank you so much for my dream wedding.

Profile Picture Brianna, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Very easy and convenient! They take all the stress of planning a wedding away. And the results are unbelievable!

Profile Picture Kayli, 5/6/16, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Officiant, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Thanks to Maria and her crew, we had a gorgeous, fun and worry - free wedding!

Profile Picture Marie Eve, 4/19/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had the best experience at Sandos Playacar! Would not have changed a thing, everyone was so helpful and freindly! Thank you so much once again for making our day so care free and beautiful!

Profile Picture User6350181, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Aisle Markers, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Tables, Cake, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Outside Alcohol, Signature Drink, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake

Merci énormément pour cette cérémonie tout à fait mémorable ! Vous avez été plus qu'à la hauteur de nos attentes. Nous souhaitons remercier Le Sandos, Maria et Daniela pour toute l'organisation qui fut une vraie réussite. Nous ne pouvons que vous recommander à toute personne désireuse d'avoir un mariage réussi ! Merci grandement !!!

Profile Picture Caroline, 1/7/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Cake, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Uncovered Outdoor

Maria and her team gave us the wedding of our dreams! We had a very traditional ethnic wedding and they went above and beyond to accommodate our needs. The ceremony and reception were better than we could have imagined. They were also very flexible and made sure everything went smoothly the day of. So happy we chose this venue!

Profile Picture Ibi, 11/27/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, China, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Aisle Markers, Aisle Runners, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Server(s), Tastings

Maria at sandos playacar was amazing and made our wedding perfect. She went above and beyond to accomodate our wedding party and she exceeded any and all expectations! I highly recommend Maria for anybody planning a destination wedding in Mexico!

Profile Picture Steve, 11/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, Flowers, Photography, Wedding Planning

Everything is juste perfect !! :)

Profile Picture Lolita , 11/10/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Maria is amazing!!! She is wonderful at her job and is such a kind person!

Profile Picture Chloe, 11/6/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Barware, China, Glassware, Linens, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Aisle Markers, Aisle Runners, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar

Maria and the staff were amazing! The wedding was beautiful and stress free. Even when it rained, they took great care of the entire party and it was still wonderful! This our third family wedding at this resort and they keep getting better and better. LOVE them!

Profile Picture Gwen, 10/14/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Cake, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Centerpieces, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables, Barware, China, Glassware, Linens

Maria was amazing, from responding to e-mails months before arriving to a lovely meeting a week before the vowel renewal , lovely lady !

Profile Picture JULIE, 8/3/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Cake, Event Planning, Cocktail Reception, Outside Cake, Champagne Toast, Altar/Arches, Audio Equipment, Chair Covers, Chairs, Drapery

Our wedding with Sandos Playacar was amazing, was more than we expected and couldn't of wished for it to go any better! Maria the wedding co-ordinator was fantastic and is a credit to Sandos! Would recommend this location and hotel to anyone getting married! 5* and more! Thank you!

Profile Picture Katie, 5/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could not be any Happier with the services provided for my Daughter's wedding on May 18th. Sandos Playacar has long been a favorite destination of my entire Family and I was thrilled when my daughter chose to be married on their beautiful Beach. The wedding co-ordinator, Maria(& Guadalope) were extremely helpful from the first minute we contacted them. We met with Maria on the evening we arrived and she co-ordinated EVERYTHING perfectly. Beach set up, Flowers, Cake, Music, Officiator, Reception Dinner arrangements in Le Gourmet Restaurant(our Favorite)...It was all PERFECT :) after our meeting...all that was left for "US" to do was have the wedding party ready and our Bride beautiful :) Maria came and picked Us up and drove us to the Beach where the Guest awaited the ceremony at a stunning beach setting. The ceremony itself was so beautiful and our guest were met w champagne for a toast as we exited the beach. The entire ceremony and reception was fabulous and sooooooo easy, because Maria was there to arrange it all :) Sandos Playacar is BY FAR the BEST All Inclusive Resort I have ever stayed at(& I travel ALOT) and Maria is definitely an Asset to their great staff. Thank you all so much for making my daughter's wedding a beautiful memory that we will all cherish :)

Profile Picture Rhonda, 5/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Transportation, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

The Sandos Playa Car was an absolutely beautiful location for our wedding! Not only was it the perfect location, but the staff was wonderful, extremely professional and yet like family! Maria and Lissett, the wedding coordinators were on point and so helpful with EVERYTHING! I had brought items to put in 'Welcome bags' for our 45 guests and they both (along with some other staff), helped assemble and even deliver to each guests' room! Communication in regards to each decision was very easy and thoroughly explained. We had the Turquois Breeze package and were married right on the beach...it was gorgeous! The cocktail hour afterwards was great too as our guests could relax and enjoy while my new husband and I could have our pictures taken. The reception was so fun...the food was delicious and the DJ/music/dancing was awesome! Many of our guests were very impressed with not only the location and beauty but just how nice all the staff were! They are all very hard workers because they truly do want you to have the best time! I continue to stay in touch with Maria as we really enjoyed working with her! Everyone was great! We will definitely be going back!

Profile Picture Gail, 2/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are so happy we choose the sandos playa are for our wedding destination. Maria our wedding coordinator was amazing. She was very helpful and attentive. I really appreciate everything she did to make our day so special and fun. Our guests were all happy with the resort and the layout of everything. We will defiantly recommend this resort to our family and friends.

Profile Picture Jodie, 2/18/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There are not enough good words to say about Maria and our wedding at Sandos Playacar. We were terrified at the thought of having a beach wedding in Mexico, and placing all our trust in Maria to get everything right, but she exceeded all our expectations. Everything was perfect, and exactly what we asked for. We even gave her pictures of 2 wedding cakes and asked Maria to combine parts of each into our unique cake and it came out perfect. For the moment we arrived at Sandos and met Maria, we relaxed and knew that we were in good hands.
Maria coordinated everything, including our wedding, decorations, reception, flowers, cocktail hour, steaming services, and hair and make-up. Every detail was exactly as we requested, and every expectation was exceeded. We were absolutely amazed at how perfect everything turned out!
The location on the beach was beautiful, the ceremony was very nice, the canapés and cocktail hour were great (we heard – I was taking pictures the entire time), the dinner at the reception was delicious, and the reception was a blast! Everyone agreed that this was one of the best weddings they have ever been to.
I am not the best at writing reviews, but am very happy to answer any questions you have. Please feel free to contact me at mgd470@yahoo with any questions you have. After the absolutely wonderful wedding Sandos gave us, I want to let everyone know how great it was. Lastly – the price was unbelievable for everything Sandos offered!

Profile Picture Mark, 1/24/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Officiant, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Our wedding was perfect and the staff made sure it went smoothly, a great experience!

Profile Picture Loretta and ken, 11/26/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

maria santabarbara was the wedding planner onsite (included with your package) and she is AMAZING!! great deal for the site and she was very helpful and flexible. i needed to switch my time and it worked perfectly! would get married there again and again!

Profile Picture fiorella, 1/15/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Transportation, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning

Maria & Marisol were so amazing!! They did everything to make my wedding perfect. It was beyond a dream. The venue is BEAUTIFUL. If I could relive it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. Absolutely perfect.

Profile Picture Jill, 6/10/16, 1 Review