Sandos Playacar Beach Resort Reviews

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 6
Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 7

Stephanie H · Getting married on 04/03/2020

Amazing dream wedding

I had my wedding at Sandos Playacar in March and can not say enough wonderful things about the resort and my wedding coordinator, Monserrat! Monserrat was absolutely INCREDIBLE!!! She made my dream destination wedding a reality! Everything from the ceremony itself, gorgeous flowers, mariachi band, photographer, hair and makeup, staff, and f&b exceeded our expectations. The resort was incredible and all of our 40 guests had an amazing time. Would definitely recommend Sandos Playacar to anyone looking to make their dream destination a reality!!

Sent on 05/24/2019
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 8
  • Lindsay

Lindsay Brooks · Married on 04/27/2019

Great Wedding Location! They did an amazing job!

We just got back from our wedding at Sandos Playacar and I can't say enough good things about Diana and the wedding team! WE LOVED DIANA! She worked with me for several months before hand to make sure we had everything planned out and then made sure everything went as planned on the big day. It's even more impressive seeing how many weddings they have over a given weekend. We also had about 90 guests so it was no easy task. We even had a bad thunderstorm the night of the rehearsal dinner and she was able to move everyone inside mid event to keep it going smoothly. I thought everyone's hair and make up looked great from the spa and they helped walk us through the humidity and wind to help us choose the right hair styles. We also use Romanza for the photographs and LOVED Marco. He took great photos, kept the group laughing and made sure we got a good variety of shots to remember the big day.

The resort was also amazing! All of the guests loved it and had a great time at the pools and all the restaurants. It was overall a great value for everyone, allowed kids which we had in attendance and was fantastic for the wedding! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Claudia Guerra · Married on 04/14/2019

April 2019 Wedding

We had an amazing experience at Sandos. I emailed the wedding coordinator several months before the wedding. We scheduled meetings 2 days before the wedding to talk about final details (I recommend arriving 3 days prior) RUTH (our wedding coordinator) showed us around the resort for different cocktail hour options. We had initially decided beach ceremony and Garden reception... but it unfortunately rained the day of my wedding and we had to do the reception at one of the restaurants they have. They always have one restaurant that is closed each day and that is the back up in case of Inclement weather. Our reception was at the Italian restaurant and it was still beautiful. The staff was super nice and very professional. You get several things with your basic wedding package: Romantic dinner, 25 minutes massage (which we upgraded for 100$ to 90 minutes), hair & make up (I recommend the hair but maybe not the make up, I did my own either way because I’m very picky with my make up), free steaming services for your dress & groom’s attire and a special gift from the Wedding team.
    The Romanza photography part of the hotel did a good job as well.
    My wedding was a dream come true and it was all thanks to the hard work of the Sandos Staff and my coordinator RUTH!
    Highly recommend this place!!!

Sent on 04/22/2019
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 20
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 21
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 22

Derrick & Whitney Smith · Married on 02/27/2019

Most Relaxing Amazing Wedding! Loved It!

On February 27th 2019 the best day of my life, my wedding day Sandos & Diana Palomino did an amazing job, planning this wonderful day! Diana took everything we pictured before we came and made it picture perfect! From the flowers, even more gorgeous then the picture. To the set-up of the Arch with matching flowers and the arrangement of the chairs with the bright ribbons on the white chairs in bright colors that I loved! The lady that married us had a wonderful talk about marriage & love that came from her heart, everyone loved it ! Diana had a dinner party set up for us and 12 guest in the Mexican Restaurant! They were ready with shots and drinks and there spectacular food, they even helped with the gorgeous cake with matching flowers and a topper we brought from home. Lots of toasting for the new couple!! This was a wonderful end to a spectacular Wedding Day with family & friends. If anyone is looking for a beach wedding Sandos is a relaxing, fun, exciting place. I would highly recommend Diana Palomino the wedding planner to plan your wedding, she is AWESOME! I would definitely stay at Sandos Resort on another Mexican getaway!! Maybe next year Anniversary! Thanks again Diana & Sandos!

Sent on 03/22/2019
  • Christa

Christa · Married on 01/14/2019

Wedding at Sandos Playacar

If I had to plan my wedding again, I would do it the absolute same way. I was so stressed planning a destination wedding before I arrived. But at the resort my wedding coordinator, DIANA, took over and made not only my day perfect but the entire week perfect. I brought lots of decorations and she literally picked them up from my room and set everything up at the venue the day of the wedding without asking me a single question. I had all these plans to go check to make sure everything was perfect but after meeting Diana, I truly felt like she listened and understood exactly what I wanted and it took so much stress off of me I didn’t have to worry about anything the day of the wedding.

My hair was amazing. It was humid and my updo stayed all night long. I would recommend doing your own make up, I did not like the make up but I was able to redo it before the wedding.

After the reception we went into our room and saw rose petal decorations, champagne, and dessert all over the room set up so beautiful.

My husband and I stayed for 11 nights and Diana (our coordinator) kept in contact with me the whole time even after the wedding to make sure everything was going ok and see if I needed anything. She made me feel like a bride the whole time I was here.

I cannot rave enough about the staff from DIANA, to the the bell hop LUIS, to the servers at all the restaurants. The customer service at this resort is FIVE STARS.

Sent on 05/06/2019
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 35
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 36

Christina · Married on 12/15/2018

We had a great wedding at Sandos Playacar

I just came back from my wedding at Sandos Playacar and I miss the resort so much. I was worried to plan a wedding from Texas, so email was key to make this a success. I was enrolled in graduate school while planning this wedding, so I stressed probably more than I should have.
    Ruth helped me plan my AMAZING wedding and I am SOO GRATEFUL! She had to keep asking me for details, but it was my fault, I would forget to respond but she was always there to help me with a checklist of things I needed to do.
    We got the serenity package which had the reception in the garden and I paid extra for the wedding to be on the beach and IT WAS WORTH EVERY PENNY! We wanted our toes in the sand and that’s what we got, our guests even took of their shoes to get more comfortable.
    The beach is beautiful, the ocean is very clear, and the sand is white just like the pictures. (I live near Galveston, TX so I know what not so pretty water looks like). I was worried about the sound system, but it was great, it had a bit of an echo, but it was fine with me. We used the resort minister and didn’t do any upgrades and it was still beautiful.
    Our guests had a cocktail hour while we took pictures and there was even a “signature drink” which was delicious.
    The reception afterwards was so much fun. We had the Mexican buffet (TOTALLY WORTH IT AND DELICIOUS) and we had the DJ and he wasn’t bad at all, we tried to make requests, some stuff he had others he didn’t. It is possible to get a sound system if you don’t want to pay for a DJ for the ceremony and it was $50 per hour.
    I was afraid we wouldn’t have much dancing at the reception since it was only 24 people, so I asked for giant Jenga and cornhole which they provided! We danced the whole reception and even played cornhole (we could really play Jenga since it was on the ground plus we were having so much fun with cornhole).
    After the reception was over (at 9pm) they had a Michael Jackson show near guests’ services, it was great! Two of my guests are huge Michael Jackson fans and they were impressed with the performance. So my unnecessary fear of us being bored at the reception was for nothing.
    I chose to go with an outside photographer (Mayan Riveria Photography) which was a great decision for me and was well worth the $500 external vendor fee. Silvina did a wonderful job and was super professional, I actually give the credit to her for helping us get the dance party started. I tried to book with the photographers on site (Photo Pro) but they took too long to respond. When I expressed the issue with Brenda Carreno (Groups and Weddings Manager) she was very unprofessional and rude through email. I asked for a partial reduction in external vendor fee since it seemed more like an inconvenience since it was Photo Pro not responding in a timely manner, she responded impatiently with “either pay the fee or have the photographer stay at the resort to avoid the fee”. I was beyond upset and honestly thought about switching to a different resort, however Ruth saved the day with being very professional and patient with me. Ruth is honestly the only reason we stayed at the resort and didn’t go somewhere else.
    I was able to find out about this resort through Destination Weddings (Tracy Espina) and it was not a bad decision by any means, even with Brenda being uncouth and disrespectful. I would recommend staying on the Adults section of the resort to give you and your guests more privacy.
    The alcohol seemed watered down, but the drinks were pretty good.
    The Brazilian steakhouse was not Fogo de chao by any means, but it was a nice idea.
    The spa was incredible, we had a couples 25-minute massage that was included in our wedding package, with the help of Zarya we upgraded to 60-minute massage with a 20-minute romantic bath afterwards for an extra $100 usd. It was totally worth it, I wish the spa people walking around the resort weren’t so pushy and left our guests alone, but they work on commission, so I understand.
    The couples breakfast delivered the morning after the wedding was so good (I still dream about the orange juice).
    Lastly, there is so much to do at the resort, I was planning to go to Coco Bongo but didn’t need to because we always had something to do. During the day we spent most of our time on the beach just enjoying our time together and having some drinks. The next time we go we will stay for a bit longer and maybe do some excursions nearby.
    I can go on for days about the wonderful time I had here and the beauty of the resort, overall, I would (and plan to) definitely come back again. I had a great time and was so relaxed that I didn’t want to come back home. It reminded me of a cruise but on land, definitely book with Sandos Playacar. THANKS SANDOS PLAYCAR FOR AN AMAZING WEDDING WEEKEND!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Jasmin Rogers-Wang · Married on 12/08/2018

Most easygoing wedding experience!

Sandos! They throw the most amazing weddings. They have an amazing team of coordinators who literally bend over backwards to make your experience everything you want it to be. I cannot say enough great things about Monserrat! She was our wedding coordinator, who came to us just 3 months before our big day, and completely took away all of the issues we were facing. I just wanted to say thank you again to her. She made our wedding such a breeze. No stress at all, just a ton of fun and love. When it started raining heavily the morning of the wedding she gave me other options for the wedding, even though I insisted on the beach. She afforded me every opportunity and option a bride could want when it came to colors, linings, decor, food, flowers, and cake. We even had to ship a few items from the USA, to Playacar, and the coordinators went to the border to pay and pick up our package (we totally paid them back by the way haha). Our romantic dinner that was included with our package was beautiful, as well as the breakfast in bed and massage.bottom line the wedding team, specifically Monserrat, who is so lovely, and kind, made our wedding so so special. We Hope for her a very long and fruitful career here! She’s amazing a deserves so much!!! Thank you!!!!

Sent on 12/18/2018
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 37
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 38
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 39

Trish & Danny · Married on 11/18/2018

Couldnt have laid it out better myself!!

Sandos Playacar was magnificent in handling our special day!! We had a party of 30 there to attend our wedding with us and the entire 10 days as far as the wedding planner, ceremony, preparedness, and organization this was hands down our best choice. Monserrat Miranda was our planner and she paid such close attention to all the details that meant the most to us!! We couldn't be happier! Thank you Sandos Playacar!!

Sent on 11/26/2018

Vanessa James · Married on 11/08/2018

Stunning and stress free

This was our 4th visit and we decided to get married this trip. The whole process was stress free and absolutely amazing. Ruth our wedding coordinator was outstanding we had given her details before we arrived and met with her 2 days before the wedding. We had a legal ceremony on the beach and it was stunning and then went off on a yacht for the afternoon. There was 17 of us staying at the hotel and nothing was too much to ask. Would highly recommend getting married here!! We will be back soon!!

Sent on 11/23/2018
  • F

Francisca Riveros · Married on 11/01/2018

Best wedding ever!!!!

We got married two weeks ago in Sandos Playacar and It was AMAZING!!! It was everything we dreamt and more... Brenda and her team were super nice, kind, flexible and supportive.
    We truly recommend the hotel and to celebrate your wedding here. Besides the beautiful ceremony and party at the beach, we had an incredible and unforgettable week with 164 people who joined us in our most beautiful and important holidays ever... Thanks to the wedding team and Sandos for everything!!!
    Fran and Angelo

Sent on 11/15/2018

Andrea Romero · Married on 10/18/2018

Super responsable y siempre atenta a nuestras inquietudes

Experiencia única!!!! Cumplieron. Todas nuestras expectativas gracias Montserrat

Sent on 11/12/2018
  • Y

Yesenia · Married on 10/06/2018

Nuestro gran Día tal y como lo soñamos todo perfecto cada cosa cada detalle a nosotros nos atendió RUTH QUIRARTE y estoy super contenta me ayudó en todo yo disfruté en todo momento todo me ayudaban para todo siempre estuvo ahí también el resto de las chicas de boda siempre atentas HACEN EL MEJOR EQUIPO . Todo todo de lo mejor yo lo recomiendo altamente. El mejor día de nuestras vidas en las mejores manos de el equipo de weddings Sandos. Un último aparte de la boda el desayuno en la cama riquísimo y todos los días en nuestra habitación avia una sorpresita HICIERON AÚN MÁS LINDO TODO porque hasta el más pequeño detalle nosotros los novios se los agradecemos de corazón

Sent on 10/10/2018
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 40
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 41
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 42
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 43
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 44

Alicyn · Married on 09/02/2018

Amazing and beautiful resort! The entire staff is helpful and attentive, remembering any of your preferences! Major shoutout to Ruth and the wedding crew for your extreme professionalism and perfection for our wedding, it was absolutely perfect!! All of our guests raved! We cannot express enough thanks for working so hard to make everything so beautiful and perfect! God bless!

Sent on 09/07/2018
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 45

Véronique · Married on 08/21/2018

We had an incredible wedding at Sandos Playacar. Our wedding coordinator Ruth was so nice and professional, truly a PEARL. She made sure everything was in to place for us and our guests. From the first meeting we had with her, she was at our service the hole week. My hair was perfect, my bouquet was magnificent and the beach location PERFECT. The entire evening was a dream. The food, the drinks, the music was great. And all the staff on duty were super friendly and professional. We even had a cocktail at our Hacienda on an other night and Ruth made sure we had Champagne on ice for our gattering. My daughter celebrated her 7th birthday 3 days before the wedding and our room was filled with baloons and a towel cake...so nice, she was estatic!!!! Every detail was taken into concideration to ensure the perfect vacation week...not only on the wedding day. The PERFECT place with the PERFECT people.

Thank you Sandos and specially Ruth you are truly and amazing person :)

Sent on 08/29/2018
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 46
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 47
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 48
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 49

Lynsey · Married on 08/20/2018

Absolutely outstanding highly recommended the staff went above and beyond for us our day was so special, the staff in the spa was so professional as well they done my hair and makeup beautiful

Sent on 08/29/2018
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 50
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 51
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 52
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 53
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 54
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 55

Ariana · Married on 08/18/2018

We had such an amazing experience! From the moment we began communicating with DIANA. When we arrived to the resort we sat down with Diana and confirmed Our selections. We were able to taste the cakes (which was amazing especially the strawberry one!) and make any additional changes. She help to coordinate the rehearsal and showed us our back up plans in case of rain. At first we were suppose to have the entire wedding on the beach but ultimately decided to have the reception in the buffet which was beautiful!

I was concerned about our hair and makeup the entire time! The hair ended up coming out gorgeous but I would not recommend the make up service at all (at least the person I had). If you do use the make up service please bring your own lipstick and mascara (they are not sanitary).

We used PhotoPro and they were by far the best photographers ever.

Overall this was the best wedding and it came out beautiful!

Sent on 08/23/2018
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 56
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 57

Laura · Married on 07/28/2018

Our wedding was absolutely perfect!

Throughout the planning months, we had quite a few hiccups (all with the original company we started with - destinationweddings.com). However, once our Destination Weddings rep turned us over to Diana at Sandos Playacar, our service became perfect. Diana was very responsive to the MANY questions I asked. She was always super nice and professional.

When we arrived at Sandos for our wedding vacation, Diana and the whole wedding office staff were welcoming and went out of their way to make sure everything went smoothly. On the day of the wedding, neither my husband or I had to stress about anything as it was all taken care of. We felt the love even after the ceremony was over with our breakfast in bed surprise, t-shirts, photo on the wall, and all the "hello's" and "congratulations" we received from all of the wedding office staff.

To anyone looking for a destination wedding resort, I would certainly recommend Diana and Sandos Playacar.

Sent on 07/19/2018

Jared · Married on 07/28/2018

Having a destination wedding was a little stressful because we had to do a lot of planning through email and we didn't have time to actually go to the resort and scope the place out. Fortunately, Ruth our wedding coordinator was awesome and patient and made sure everything went smoothly. We had a 5pm ocean view ceremony with cocktail hour, dinner, and the reception (with the infinity dance floor) right on the beach until 10pm. I was worried it would be too hot but the weather turned out perfect and all 50 guests seemed to have a great time.

The resort was very beautiful... lots of animals running around (agoutis, iguanas, coatis, cats, a donkey, goats, a peacock, sea turtles, etc.), food and drinks available everywhere, great service, and a large beach with very blue water and even some waves. Oh and you can check out bikes for free and it's only about a 10 minute ride to 5th Avenue.

I would definitely recommend Sandos Playacar for a wedding or just to visit. Loved it!

Sent on 08/08/2018
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 58
  • I

IVON · Married on 07/27/2018

Our wedding was absolutely everything we wanted and dreamed of, it was PERFECT and BEAUTIFUL beach wedding. I can not say enough AMAZING things about Diana our wedding coordinator, The sweet staff and the heartfelt help we have received during this wedding process. I was very nervous as the day got closer as we didn't have a rehearsal dinner but Diana and her staff kept us on schedule and directed us the entire way. They went all out to ensure the planning process was hustle free, keeping us updated on every step and our day was beyond beautiful, and accommodated the fun craziness of my family and friends. I wish they had more pictures online to show the amazing work they do but once you contact them they will forwarded you pictures and all the information needed to start planning your wedding. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding experience and wedding coordinator. Having a wedding on the beach under the dark sky is very romantic and beautiful we would of never been able to afford a beautiful beach wedding in CA. Save your money and go with Sandos Playacar its a fun resort we love it. I also took my own center pieces and lanterns and a couple of things I wanted to add to my scheme colors used. A lot of the things in the pictures were not included in the package but still VERY affordable. Feel free to see our wedding pictures here https://www.instagram.com/_ivonnefiorillo/ Thank you Diana all of Guests couldn't stop talking how beautiful everything turned out you did an amazing job. We love you and your staff. See you soon..... :) xoxo

Sent on 08/15/2018
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 64
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 65
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 66

Amber · Married on 06/25/2018

Our wedding coordinator, Brenda, was extremely helpful throughout the planning and execution of the wedding. She was available via email and phone to answer questions before we arrived at the resort. When we arrived to the resort, we sat down for a meeting where the entire day of our wedding and rehearsal was planned out for us. She was flexible with the changes that we wanted to make and made suggestions. The day of our wedding was stress-free as a result of Brenda's communication between us and our guests.
    Overall, we are very pleased with the wedding department at Sandos and would suggest this resort to other couples looking to do a destination wedding. We will remember the day of our wedding and the service provided by the wedding department for the rest of our lives! Can't wait to share the pictures with our friends and family to continue telling about our special day!

Sent on 07/06/2018

Cori · Married on 06/23/2018

We had 94 guests for our beach wedding and it was absolutely amazing. Ruth Quirarte was our wedding planner and she did an amazing job! Ruth went above and beyond to make us happy. She was very responsive to our millions of questions, helpful, polite, and fun! I could not imagine a better wedding. The rest of the staff, including the DJ and servers, were wonderful as well. The food was amazing with such a large selection! My mom, bridesmaids, and myself had our hair and make up done at the resort spa as well and it was wonderful--everybody was happy with the service! My husband and I received a lot of complements for the hotel, their food, drinks, and staff. We highly recommend Sandos Playacar for your destination wedding—best bang for your buck :)

Sent on 07/01/2018
  • W

Wendy · Married on 06/15/2018

We just stayed mid June and celebrated our wedding with 46 guests (5 kids). We had originally planned a beach wedding but the rain decided to change our plans which we actually think ended up for the better. Our wedding coordinator, Diana, went above and beyond and took pride in her work which made for a flawless event from start to finish. We ended up having our wedding on the lobby terrace and reception in the Gourmex restaurant which ended up being perfect. The backgrounds for all our pictures were stunning (shout out to Filemon the photographer who gave us photos we are still obsessing over). The reception was amazing (especially loved our LED dance floor) and the DJ did a great job of playing songs we requested as well as songs from his playlist. Everyone from the bartenders to the girls at the spa who did our hair and makeup (especially Ylse (sp?) who did the most gorgeous hair and makeup for my wedding day) was better than we could have ever imagined and were all soo personable. We went into the wedding not really knowing how it would turn out since we hadn’t been to the resort to visit, but I would highly recommend everyone to this resort and knowing that if you do choose to plan your wedding here, the wedding team will make it seamless in planning and make sure to make it the best day of your life.
    Thank you again to the entire staff. Although it rained almost every day, there was never a dull moment and all our guests always had something to do. The hospitality was amazing and all the workers seemed to really be enjoying being there and making the guests feel welcomed.
    Our entire party is already asking if we can have another wedding next year :)
    Thank you sooo much again to Diana and the whole wedding team!!

Sent on 06/21/2018
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 67

Jeanina · Married on 06/08/2018

Our wedding coordinator (Ruth Quirarte) went above and beyond to satisfy our requests. She exceeded our expectations. She's very organized, friendly, kind, and very approachable. She pretty much spoiled us :)
    *We miss her already :(

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 73
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 74
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 75

Kate · Married on 06/07/2018

The Wedding Team at Sandos is incredible. I had the tremendous joy of working with Diana Palomino and she was an absolute blessing. She handled every detail of the wedding, as well as the list of to-do's in the days leading up to it. The included spa service (hair and makeup) was beyond my expectations; they made me feel and look gorgeous. The food at the wedding also did not disappoint in the slightest; my guests said it was actually very good! (We had the International Buffet that had a little bit of everything to suit various preferences.) We chose the Turquoise Breeze wedding package, which was the most expensive of 3 options. Our ceremony was at 4:00 p.m. on the beach (HOT), followed by a cocktail hour from 5-6:00 p.m. in a grassy, shaded area next to the beach, and finally an awesome reception back on the beach from 6-9:00 p.m. It was worth every penny and then some, we would do the wedding over in a heartbeat. The music was awesome, the set-up and backdrop (the ocean!) was gorgeous, and our guests said it was the best wedding they've ever been to. After the sun went down, there was no holding back!

Sent on 06/20/2018

mollie · Married on 05/31/2018

Brenda Carreno was my wedding coordinator for my wedding in May! She was absolutely amazing! Everything was done very professionally and she planned everything to the last detail. When we had problems with our room Brenda fixed it immediately. The beach wedding and reception were more gorgeous than I could have ever imaged. The food, music, and drinks were all great. The girl who did my hair and makeup was also fantastic. Brenda was very professional and communicated clearly to me throughout the whole process. Every worry of mine was taken care of! I would highly reccomend sandos playacar to anyone for their wedding!

Sent on 06/14/2018