Sandos Playacar Beach Resort Reviews

66 Sandos Playacar Beach Resort Reviews
  • F

Francisca Riveros · Married on 11/01/2018

Best wedding ever!!!!

We got married two weeks ago in Sandos Playacar and It was AMAZING!!! It was everything we dreamt and more... Brenda and her team were super nice, kind, flexible and supportive.
    We truly recommend the hotel and to celebrate your wedding here. Besides the beautiful ceremony and party at the beach, we had an incredible and unforgettable week with 164 people who joined us in our most beautiful and important holidays ever... Thanks to the wedding team and Sandos for everything!!!
    Fran and Angelo

Andrea Romero · Married on 10/18/2018

Super responsable y siempre atenta a nuestras inquietudes

Experiencia única!!!! Cumplieron. Todas nuestras expectativas gracias Montserrat

• Y

Yesenia · Married on 10/06/2018

Nuestro gran Día tal y como lo soñamos todo perfecto cada cosa cada detalle a nosotros nos atendió RUTH QUIRARTE y estoy super contenta me ayudó en todo yo disfruté en todo momento todo me ayudaban para todo siempre estuvo ahí también el resto de las chicas de boda siempre atentas HACEN EL MEJOR EQUIPO . Todo todo de lo mejor yo lo recomiendo altamente. El mejor día de nuestras vidas en las mejores manos de el equipo de weddings Sandos. Un último aparte de la boda el desayuno en la cama riquísimo y todos los días en nuestra habitación avia una sorpresita HICIERON AÚN MÁS LINDO TODO porque hasta el más pequeño detalle nosotros los novios se los agradecemos de corazón

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 9
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 10
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 11
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 12
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 13

Alicyn · Married on 09/02/2018

Amazing and beautiful resort! The entire staff is helpful and attentive, remembering any of your preferences! Major shoutout to Ruth and the wedding crew for your extreme professionalism and perfection for our wedding, it was absolutely perfect!! All of our guests raved! We cannot express enough thanks for working so hard to make everything so beautiful and perfect! God bless!

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 14

Véronique · Married on 08/21/2018

We had an incredible wedding at Sandos Playacar. Our wedding coordinator Ruth was so nice and professional, truly a PEARL. She made sure everything was in to place for us and our guests. From the first meeting we had with her, she was at our service the hole week. My hair was perfect, my bouquet was magnificent and the beach location PERFECT. The entire evening was a dream. The food, the drinks, the music was great. And all the staff on duty were super friendly and professional. We even had a cocktail at our Hacienda on an other night and Ruth made sure we had Champagne on ice for our gattering. My daughter celebrated her 7th birthday 3 days before the wedding and our room was filled with baloons and a towel cake...so nice, she was estatic!!!! Every detail was taken into concideration to ensure the perfect vacation week...not only on the wedding day. The PERFECT place with the PERFECT people.

Thank you Sandos and specially Ruth you are truly and amazing person :)

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 15
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 16
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 17
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 18

Lynsey · Married on 08/20/2018

Absolutely outstanding highly recommended the staff went above and beyond for us our day was so special, the staff in the spa was so professional as well they done my hair and makeup beautiful

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 19
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 20
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 21
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 22
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 23
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 24

Ariana · Married on 08/18/2018

We had such an amazing experience! From the moment we began communicating with DIANA. When we arrived to the resort we sat down with Diana and confirmed Our selections. We were able to taste the cakes (which was amazing especially the strawberry one!) and make any additional changes. She help to coordinate the rehearsal and showed us our back up plans in case of rain. At first we were suppose to have the entire wedding on the beach but ultimately decided to have the reception in the buffet which was beautiful!

I was concerned about our hair and makeup the entire time! The hair ended up coming out gorgeous but I would not recommend the make up service at all (at least the person I had). If you do use the make up service please bring your own lipstick and mascara (they are not sanitary).

We used PhotoPro and they were by far the best photographers ever.

Overall this was the best wedding and it came out beautiful!

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 25
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 26

Laura · Married on 07/28/2018

Our wedding was absolutely perfect!

Throughout the planning months, we had quite a few hiccups (all with the original company we started with - destinationweddings.com). However, once our Destination Weddings rep turned us over to Diana at Sandos Playacar, our service became perfect. Diana was very responsive to the MANY questions I asked. She was always super nice and professional.

When we arrived at Sandos for our wedding vacation, Diana and the whole wedding office staff were welcoming and went out of their way to make sure everything went smoothly. On the day of the wedding, neither my husband or I had to stress about anything as it was all taken care of. We felt the love even after the ceremony was over with our breakfast in bed surprise, t-shirts, photo on the wall, and all the "hello's" and "congratulations" we received from all of the wedding office staff.

To anyone looking for a destination wedding resort, I would certainly recommend Diana and Sandos Playacar.

Jared · Married on 07/28/2018

Having a destination wedding was a little stressful because we had to do a lot of planning through email and we didn't have time to actually go to the resort and scope the place out. Fortunately, Ruth our wedding coordinator was awesome and patient and made sure everything went smoothly. We had a 5pm ocean view ceremony with cocktail hour, dinner, and the reception (with the infinity dance floor) right on the beach until 10pm. I was worried it would be too hot but the weather turned out perfect and all 50 guests seemed to have a great time.

The resort was very beautiful... lots of animals running around (agoutis, iguanas, coatis, cats, a donkey, goats, a peacock, sea turtles, etc.), food and drinks available everywhere, great service, and a large beach with very blue water and even some waves. Oh and you can check out bikes for free and it's only about a 10 minute ride to 5th Avenue.

I would definitely recommend Sandos Playacar for a wedding or just to visit. Loved it!

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 27

Amber · Married on 06/25/2018

Our wedding coordinator, Brenda, was extremely helpful throughout the planning and execution of the wedding. She was available via email and phone to answer questions before we arrived at the resort. When we arrived to the resort, we sat down for a meeting where the entire day of our wedding and rehearsal was planned out for us. She was flexible with the changes that we wanted to make and made suggestions. The day of our wedding was stress-free as a result of Brenda's communication between us and our guests.
    Overall, we are very pleased with the wedding department at Sandos and would suggest this resort to other couples looking to do a destination wedding. We will remember the day of our wedding and the service provided by the wedding department for the rest of our lives! Can't wait to share the pictures with our friends and family to continue telling about our special day!

Cori · Married on 06/23/2018

We had 94 guests for our beach wedding and it was absolutely amazing. Ruth Quirarte was our wedding planner and she did an amazing job! Ruth went above and beyond to make us happy. She was very responsive to our millions of questions, helpful, polite, and fun! I could not imagine a better wedding. The rest of the staff, including the DJ and servers, were wonderful as well. The food was amazing with such a large selection! My mom, bridesmaids, and myself had our hair and make up done at the resort spa as well and it was wonderful--everybody was happy with the service! My husband and I received a lot of complements for the hotel, their food, drinks, and staff. We highly recommend Sandos Playacar for your destination wedding—best bang for your buck :)

• W

Wendy · Married on 06/15/2018

We just stayed mid June and celebrated our wedding with 46 guests (5 kids). We had originally planned a beach wedding but the rain decided to change our plans which we actually think ended up for the better. Our wedding coordinator, Diana, went above and beyond and took pride in her work which made for a flawless event from start to finish. We ended up having our wedding on the lobby terrace and reception in the Gourmex restaurant which ended up being perfect. The backgrounds for all our pictures were stunning (shout out to Filemon the photographer who gave us photos we are still obsessing over). The reception was amazing (especially loved our LED dance floor) and the DJ did a great job of playing songs we requested as well as songs from his playlist. Everyone from the bartenders to the girls at the spa who did our hair and makeup (especially Ylse (sp?) who did the most gorgeous hair and makeup for my wedding day) was better than we could have ever imagined and were all soo personable. We went into the wedding not really knowing how it would turn out since we hadn’t been to the resort to visit, but I would highly recommend everyone to this resort and knowing that if you do choose to plan your wedding here, the wedding team will make it seamless in planning and make sure to make it the best day of your life.
    Thank you again to the entire staff. Although it rained almost every day, there was never a dull moment and all our guests always had something to do. The hospitality was amazing and all the workers seemed to really be enjoying being there and making the guests feel welcomed.
    Our entire party is already asking if we can have another wedding next year :)
    Thank you sooo much again to Diana and the whole wedding team!!

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 28

Jeanina · Married on 06/08/2018

Our wedding coordinator (Ruth Quirarte) went above and beyond to satisfy our requests. She exceeded our expectations. She's very organized, friendly, kind, and very approachable. She pretty much spoiled us :)
    *We miss her already :(

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 34
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 35
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 36

Kate · Married on 06/07/2018

The Wedding Team at Sandos is incredible. I had the tremendous joy of working with Diana Palomino and she was an absolute blessing. She handled every detail of the wedding, as well as the list of to-do's in the days leading up to it. The included spa service (hair and makeup) was beyond my expectations; they made me feel and look gorgeous. The food at the wedding also did not disappoint in the slightest; my guests said it was actually very good! (We had the International Buffet that had a little bit of everything to suit various preferences.) We chose the Turquoise Breeze wedding package, which was the most expensive of 3 options. Our ceremony was at 4:00 p.m. on the beach (HOT), followed by a cocktail hour from 5-6:00 p.m. in a grassy, shaded area next to the beach, and finally an awesome reception back on the beach from 6-9:00 p.m. It was worth every penny and then some, we would do the wedding over in a heartbeat. The music was awesome, the set-up and backdrop (the ocean!) was gorgeous, and our guests said it was the best wedding they've ever been to. After the sun went down, there was no holding back!

mollie · Married on 05/31/2018

Brenda Carreno was my wedding coordinator for my wedding in May! She was absolutely amazing! Everything was done very professionally and she planned everything to the last detail. When we had problems with our room Brenda fixed it immediately. The beach wedding and reception were more gorgeous than I could have ever imaged. The food, music, and drinks were all great. The girl who did my hair and makeup was also fantastic. Brenda was very professional and communicated clearly to me throughout the whole process. Every worry of mine was taken care of! I would highly reccomend sandos playacar to anyone for their wedding!

emily · Married on 12/09/2017

Had my wedding here last month and Marisol was amazing the whole entire time, they spoil you and catered to your every little need. She and her team did such a good job I recommend them to everyone!

Rebecca · Married on 11/09/2017

We recently had our wedding at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort in Playa del Carmen. We visited 2 years ago and loved the resort so much, we knew it had to get married here.

MARISOL was the wedding coordinator I had dealt with. She always emailed me back quickly and I was never worried that something wasn't going to work out. I didn't know that she would completely plan the timeline for everything as well. That was one thing I was stressed about. But once we had our meeting at Sandos, I knew she had it under control and I was back to relaxing in the pool. We had many last minute additions to the reception but Marisol was always accommodating.

When the wedding ceremony started and I saw the set up for the first time, I was so blown away by how beautiful it looked, It took me a minute to realize i was supposed to be looking at my husband! Once we moved on to the cocktail reception I was even more excited. It was set up so beautifully. The only change I would have made would be to have more lighting at the cocktail reception. After the cocktail reception we moved over to the dinner area. This was GORGEOUS. Again, it was more decorated and beautiful than I thought it would be. As someone who works for weddings, I was worried I might not be very impressed. But I am still in awe of how amazing it all was.

Our cake was DELICIOUS, the DJ was amazing, the bartenders were so nice, the servers were great! Even the random dog that decided to wedding crash made everyone's night.

Thank you so much Marisol and the rest of Sandos wedding team. Everyone is still talking about it and people are sad that they're already married because they wish they could get married there!

See you in a couple years!! 64 of us are already planning a wedding week reunion.

Emily · Married on 11/04/2017

Marisol helped coordinate the wedding of my dreams with little effort on my part. Hair and make up done by the salon was exactly what I asked for. We had the perfect room to get ready in for photographs and the flowers were beautiful. The cake looked exactly like the picture we sent and was delicious. Lastly, the DJ kept people on the dance floor all night long and played requests immediately. I would highly recommend having your destination wedding at this resort.

Azra · Married on 07/16/2017

Where do I begin.. Maria is truly amazing! She was an absolute delight to work with. We had 94 guests at our wedding on July 16, 2017 and it was flawless. We decided not to use a wedding coordinator and plan it directly with the resort staff - we were very worried how everything would all turn out and how easy/hard it would be to communicate with the staff from Canada. From the get go Maria was there every step of the way. She always found a way to make us happy and to give us what we wanted. She took a lot of stress off of us and we are so grateful for that.
    We had an Indian destination wedding including: A semi private welcome dinner, Mendhi function, Pithi/Maiyan, Sangeet night, ceremony, and reception. A lot of events with a lot of people! Everything turned out so amazing, it was everything we dreamed of and more.
    I'd highly recommend Sandos Playacar. The resort itself is the perfect size, the staff are all so kind and caring and best of all Maria is amazing.
    We definitely plan on visiting again!

Morgan · Married on 04/26/2017

Our experience at sandos playacar was amazing. Brenda and all of the wedding staff were incredible. They went above and beyond to give us the wedding that we had been dreaming about. The beach was absolutely beautiful and the property is great. The wedding packages are very reasonably priced and you get so much with what you pay for. Another thing we loved about this resort is that we could have our own photographer take pictures as long as they were staying at the resort. That was huge for us because I really cared about our pictures. I would 100% recommend this resort to everyone who is having a destination wedding.

Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 37
    Sandos Playacar Beach Resort 38

Adriana · Married on 11/14/2016

Maria and Marisol both helped me during my wedding on 11/14/2016 and they are both AMAZING. I am not a very stressful type of person but I do like details and organization and these two girls nailed it! We only had communication via email about 3 months prior to the wedding and one short phone call. I appreciate so much their quick replies (they responded within HOURS) to ALL of my emails because I sent so many a week for very minor details and probably 15 questions per email, but as you can imagine planning a destination wedding is not easy. They were so patient and quick to reply without hesitation to all my concerns. I wanted to save money on some decorations so I brought my own (in TWO luggages) and I met with Marisol two days before my wedding day explaining how I wanted my decorations to be set up and she outdid herself. They even helped with my welcome bags for my guests! My ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception were all spectacular and even better than imagined it. I couldn’t ask for a more beautiful wedding and most importantly a STRESS-FREE wedding thanks to these two ladies. I can’t thank them enough...I don’t have any complaints. I should also mention the DJ and Mariachi band, photographer (Giuseppe from the resort), and food (including cake) were also great! If you want a wedding in Playa Del Carmen, then Sandos Playacar Beach Resort and Spa is the place for you, no doubt!

Lynn · Married on 11/11/2016

Overall they did an amazing job! It was stress free and so beautiful - with out all the work! The resort photographer was amazing I was in LOVE with all of my photos! Maria was so sweet and accommodating best wedding coordinator ever! They baked me my own gluten free cake! The food was amazing so much better than expected! Thank you all for an amazing day we will never forget!

Brianna · Married on 09/24/2016

I am so happy with the way my wedding went! Maria and Marisol were amazing throughout the whole process. I was planning from the United States which seemed like it would be stressful but it was anything but! I would recommend Sandos Playacar to everyone and anyone trying to plan a destination wedding. They made me feel such at ease. On the day of my wedding, Maria told me that the humidity would be high and allowed me to move our reception to the Palapa behind the wedding ceremony. This conversation happened at 1:30pm and my wedding was a 4pm. They cleaned the entire building and set it perfectly to make my day my dream. That shows incredible flexibility and shows how amazing their staff is!
    The only thing I would recommend for future weddings is to move the chairs back at the ceremony. They were incredibly close to the alter and the aisle was slim. But that is such a minor thing that it didn't affect us to much!
    Thank you so much for my dream wedding.

Kayli · Married on 05/06/2016

Very easy and convenient! They take all the stress of planning a wedding away. And the results are unbelievable!