Riverlight Films Reviews

18 | Washington, DC

18 Reviews for Riverlight Films

• Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/14/2019

Above and beyond all expectations!

I booked Riverlight Films a year before our big day, and it was one of the best decisions I made for my wedding. Josh was thorough, professional, and always available for questions. He was with us for every step of the way, especially on the wedding day - he worked so hard capturing every beautiful moment. Josh took my vision for our wedding trailer, and turned it into a masterpiece beyond anything I ever could have imagined. He made us feel like movie stars, and it's something we're going to cherish for the rest of our lives. We put our faith in him, and it was so worth it. Please do yourself a huge favor, and book Riverlight Films!!

Sent on 02/11/2019
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 07/06/2019

Love our wedding videos

We worked with Josh and his team for our wedding in NY on 7/6/2019. While I was planning my wedding I looked at many other wedding videography companies and was very on the fence about having a wedding videographer. I fell in love in Josh's work when I looked at his previous videos on his website. He is also super responsive and professional. His video packages are also super straightforward and easy to understand. We received our video a week ago and it looks amazing! He managed to capture all the amazing moments and everything looks so natural and romantic. All our friends and family loved our video. We loved working with Josh and it was one of the best decisions we have ever made!

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • W

Wells · Married on 07/05/2019

Highly professional and made us feel comfortable!

I haven't seen the final product from Josh and his team at Riverlight already but I already know it will be done in just the way my wife and I wanted. From our first correspondence we knew that Josh was a professional. He asked us a lot of questions and made us think about the wedding day in ways we hadn't even really thought of yet. The day of, he was there on time, and was able to make us feel super comfortable. The wife and I are definitely not usually comfortable in front of the camera and for us to say that is a big deal.

During the wedding, Josh and his team were always around but we never really noticed them. They were never in the faces of our guests and getting in the way. That's exactly what you want from a videographer; for them to be capturing all of the moments but not being obnoxious about it.

Highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/16/2019
  • Christine

Christine · Married on 06/15/2019

AMAZING. . . Cue the Tears!

Oh. My. Goodness. Riverlight Films is absolutely amazing. Our wedding video brought us right back to the best day of our lives! The quality of the video is impeccable and the emotion that Riverlight Films captured is priceless. We are forever grateful for Riverlight Films, as we get to relive such a special day for years and years to come.

Sent on 09/22/2019
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 05/10/2019

Amazing work and so easy to work with

My review couldn’t do justice to Josh’s work/talent. I found Josh through a friend who used him and loved the video he did for her wedding. From the first set of communication I had with him, I felt very comfortable and he made everything so easy. I am so unbelievably happy with the video he created for us and will cherish it forever. He caught all of the best moments and made it into something better than I could have hoped for. I cannot recommend him enough!

Sent on 08/13/2019
  • Nicole

Nicole Majocha · Married on 02/23/2019

AMAZING! Very talented, highly professional, the BEST!

We hired Josh to film our wedding at The Bowery Hotel in February, and we were blown away by the amazing video he filmed and produced. I have watched our video countless times, and it still makes me tear up! Josh was able to capture the most important moments and weave them into a compelling, beautiful 4-minute montage. We booked the Classic package and added on the raw / unedited footage, which worked perfectly for us. We are so glad that we have videos to watch and relive our wedding day, which flew by so quickly! Additionally, Josh was so easy to work with! We really appreciated his friendly, easygoing personality, and he was so professional during the wedding day and very unobtrusive while filming. THANK YOU Josh for everything!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Mai-Ly · Married on 09/15/2018

Beautiful!

Josh was easy to work with. We last minute decided to hire a videographer for our wedding--we were sold once seeing a video he made for someone else we knew. Best decision ever! We love looking all of the wedding videos - the highlight reel itself gives me chills as it captured all of the magic from our big day. Professional, artistic, and everything you could ask for in a videographer.

Sent on 12/27/2018

Rachel · Married on 06/16/2018

A beautiful creation that we will always treasure!

I could not have imagined a better wedding video portraying our big day! Not only is Josh an incredible artist and super creative, but the quality of our video was incredible! He knew exactly how to highlight the most important parts of our wedding. The service was very organized, response time to any emails with questions was quick and answers were detailed. Josh and his team were a very comfortable and friendly presence at our wedding. Professional, flexible, and outgoing! I would highly recommend Riverlight Films for anyone wanting a video that puts them right back in the moment!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Meghan · Married on 05/19/2018

Riverlight Films was amazing to work with. They provided amazing footage, remained flexible and gave us a cinematic video that I can't stop watching. They highlighted all of my favorite parts of the day in such a beautiful way. Josh was extremely responsive and patient and answered every question that I had. Drew and Bill were our shooters day of and couldn't have been nicer. Sometimes I even forgot they were there and you could tell in the video footage and everything seemed so natural because it was! You will not regret your decision to book Riverlight Films.

Sent on 08/18/2018

Jordan · Married on 04/14/2018

Josh was great. The video that we got was better than some of my friends who spent thousands more. He was flexible and calm. We absolutely love our wedding video and it is something that we will be able to cherish for a lifetime. After posting on social media, many, many people, even those who were not there, said they couldn't help but cry because it was so beautiful. We couldn't be happier.

Sent on 06/12/2018

Lauren · Married on 10/06/2017

Riverlight Films was a great vendor to work with! They were flexible when a dress emergency had to alter our projected timeline and helped to keep us calm once we were able to move on from "crisis" mode. The quality of the footage we received is incredible as are the moments that were captured. Our highlight reel is magical and truly captured the essence of the day!

Sent on 02/04/2018

Erica · Married on 09/23/2017

I don't know where to begin this review because I don't think there is enough space or time for everything I want to say about how amazing our experience - from start to finish- was with Riverlight Films. From the time Josh took to talk to us about our day leading up to it (going over timeline, logistics, tone, etc.), to the time he clearly took putting our videos together, we were blown away. Our highlight video has not only allowed us to relive our wedding day and brought tears to our eyes as well as our loved ones', but captured the feel of the day in a way we could never have imagined. Two members of our bridal party already plan to use Riverlight Films for their weddings next Spring and I couldn't be more thrilled- Riverlight Films is not only run by good people, but is a great business with incredibly talented individuals behind it. Thank you to Josh and Drew again for everything!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Alexandra · Married on 09/09/2017

Best decision we made for our wedding day

From the very first email I knew Josh was going to be one of my favorite vendors to work with. He was so warm and you could tell really cared about his clients and his craft. Throughout the booking process he was professional and flexible, allowing us to add on a few hours of shooting to the contract, after we had figured out a more set timeline with our coordinator. He and his assistant traveled across town to two different "getting ready" locations to get footage of both the bride and groom, and then to a 3rd location for the ceremony/reception. I can’t say enough kind things about Josh and his beautiful work speaks volumes. Our highlight reel still brings our friends and family to tears!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Caitlin · Married on 08/26/2017

Josh exceeded my expectations for my wedding videos! I would highly recommend using him. When he was at my wedding, he blended in very well and was not one of those annoying videographers that you felt like was in the way. He was prompt and did a bunch of drone shots before the “getting ready” videography began. The highlight video, ceremony, and reception videos came out so perfectly! I have gotten countless compliments from friends and family for our highlight video... compliments from people that usually wouldn’t even say anything. The highlight video really told a story and the emotion of the day. Whenever I am in a bad mood, I watch my highlight video. It makes me sooo happy! I would say that the videographer was one of the wedding expenses that was most worth every penny. Now I can relive my wedding over and over! Thank you Josh!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Joli · Married on 06/03/2017

From the very beginning, Josh was very professional, flexible and responsive. We only met him once before the wedding but he was always available to chat on Facebook or talk on the phone.

On the actual day of the wedding, Josh and his team really worked above and beyond for us. Our wedding location was in Pennsylvania but they were still happy to do the drive to cover our event. They covered our wedding from start to finish – from our getting ready photos to the after-party. They just captured our day perfectly! All of our family and friends raved about the video.

After the wedding, he also worked with us to be able to get a handful of photos a few days in advance so that our dying grandfather could see them a few days before he passed away.

Initially, we were hesitant about getting a videographer at first but now, we are so glad we made the investment! Worth every penny -- highly recommended!

Sent on 12/02/2017

Melissa · Married on 05/27/2017

Our videographer was puntual and very responsiveness to our needs. He was willing to move times around and work with us to accomodate our needs. It was an excellent price package for all that we got. Video quality was great! Highly recomend their services, my family and friends have love the video.

Sent on 12/09/2017

Jamie · Married on 04/29/2017

Josh was absolutely AMAZING! He was so easy to work with, VERY responsive to emails/facebook/text messages, etc, which is great for a busy bride who wants fast responses. Josh was so organized, and took everything I wanted and put it together into a beautiful video. He worked with me on my budget, which was a HUGE life saver. I loved how I literally NEVER saw him the day of the wedding, yet he captured every moment perfectly. I look back at my videos and I say to myself "Wow, I didn't even know he was there for that!" and yet, he was. Josh was FANTASTIC! I would highly recommend him to anyone. (ps: I trusted him to pick a song for my video, and he picked the PERFECT one! )

Sent on 09/22/2017

Josh and team are amazing! I was nervous to have a videographer bc it felt like I was doing too much and I’d be uncomfortable with the “press” but not only did I barely notice they were there, they caught everything about our day!! Having a video is well worth the money spent, I’ve already watched our video dozens of times since we got it 3 days ago and I am SO happy we have that, the ceremony & reception to review for years to come!!

Sent on 06/29/2018