Rev. Oscar Benavides Reviews

35 | Las Vegas, NV

35 Reviews for Rev. Oscar Benavides

Marina · Married on 11/08/2017

Fue un privilegio para nosotros que el oficiará nuestra boda.

Sent on 04/11/2018

Muchas grasias todo estubo maravilloso

Sent on 01/13/2014

Javier · Married on 05/03/2018

Excelente servicio!!! Lograron hacer de nuestro momento uno muy especial. Estamos muy agradecidos. Javier y Lynette.

Sent on 05/20/2018

Hector · Married on 09/24/2017

Muy agradecidos de como nos trataron El reverendo benavides nos hizo sentir en casa Las fotos quedaron excelente y el servicio fue muy emotivo

Sent on 10/13/2017

Oscar is good. The ceremony was kind of confusing to my guests though

Sent on 04/12/2014

Rev. Oscar Benavides's reply:

Dear Private User: I'm terribly sorry that your guests felt confused during the ceremony. It is of utmost importance to me that your wedding ceremony be the most special part of your day. I’m truly saddened that I did not achieve that in your case, and deeply apologize for any inconvenience. In order to avoid making the same mistake, would you be so kind to tell me what it is that I said (or did) that caused confusion?

Alba · Married on 01/15/2014

2.0

My overall experience was good. The only thing that kept me from giving it a full 5 star is that we had to wait a good hour for service to start. I'd still recommend it. My husband and I were very pleased with the outcome.

Sent on 01/21/2014

David F. · Married on 10/10/2015

3.6
      3.0

Garantizar la capilla que se ofrece en el plan. De resto todo muy bien.

Sent on 12/11/2015

Rev. Oscar Benavides's reply:

Buenas tardes. Siempre tratamos de dar el mejor servicio a todas las parejas que nos dan el privilegio de hacer su ceremonia. Siempre procuramos dar un trato especial y ser lo mas profesional, amable y honestos en nuestro negocio. Hemos leido sus comentarios y nos gustaria saber que pudieramos haber hecho mejor en su ceremonia?

Daniela · Married on 08/14/2017

0.6
      1.5
      0.5

If i had to do my wedding over again I would have chosen a different officiant. He was late to the rehearsal that we paid extra for him to attend. We had a 530 ceremony and I wanted to wait 5 minutes to start and he stated that he had another ceremony at 6 and couldn't wait. I said that I would appreciate his patience and he actually suggested to leave and perform his 6 pm ceremony and return to mine afterwards. He also did not perform the ceremony as rehearsed which defied the purpose of him attending the rehearsal. He did so in order to speed up our ceremony. I would suggest anyone looking for a officiant to continue searching.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Rev. Oscar Benavides's reply:

Dear Daniela, I'm really truly sorry for the misunderstanding that led you to be dissatisfied with my services. First of all, I do apologize for being impatient and unwilling to wait for a few more minutes. I should have been more patient and I’m sorry for my behavior. Regarding the way I performed your ceremony, I believe there was a misunderstanding. While we did rehearse the ceremony, I changed it at your request (if you’d like, you can call me and I can go over what we discussed just before the start of your ceremony). Also, I’m sorry but I was not late to your rehearsal. I can understand the stress and pressure you were under that my presence went unnoticed for a while, but I did arrive on time. Overall, I do hope that you forgive me for adding undue stress on your wedding day. I’m going through some very difficult personal situations; however, this is no excuse for my behavior. I wish you and your husband the best!

Lizzie · Married on 09/23/2017

0.4
      0.5

I contacted this wedding officiant trusting the great reviews I saw here. Everything was in order, the officiant, Oscar was to start our ceremony at 3:30 pm. The confirmation specifically mentioned the location (to ensure they were aware of the drive) and the time. Oscar shows up around 2:30 and at this time my makeup artist is still finishing my makeup and hair. He walks into the changing room and tells me that the ceremony is at 3 pm. I remain calm and collected but he insist that it's at 3pm and that I am wrong and made a mistake.
    I tell him no, it's definitely at 3:30 pm and our guest are still not all there. He says that if the ceremony is not at 3 pm, we would need to reschedule. Yes, that's correct.. he's suggesting that I would need to reschedule my wedding. The makeup artist and the photographer were in shock as to how Oscar was talking to me. My husband changed in our house and was driving down, his plan was to get to the venue at 3 pm.
    Shaking and almost in tears that the officiant was going to leave and the wedding would need to be cancelled. I knew I had emails with back-up information, luckily I saved everything and sure enough.. the confirmation clearly states 3:30 pm. I show it to Oscar, and he says "Okay, but it needs to be on time!". Not even an apology and suggesting we rush the ceremony. He says he scheduled a lot of weddings and was very busy.
    I was very upset but I tried to stay positive. I even told him we could skip vows if necessary. At this point, I felt like I didn't have much of a choice. If I did, I would have asked him to leave. Scheduling too many weddings is not my fault and knowing that you almost made me cry, trying to get me to cancel my wedding? and not even an apology?
    Get this, he even asked us to tip him after everything he did.

Sent on 10/19/2017

Rev. Oscar Benavides's reply:

Lizzie, I want to extend my deepest and most sincere apology for my behavior on one of the most important days of a persons’ life. There are no words that could express how terribly sorry I am that I was impatient and unprofessional. No one should ever be treated unkindly and especially not on their wedding day. I’m going through some very difficult personal situations; however, this is no excuse for my behavior. Unfortunately, I cannot take back the unpleasant moments I put you through. Believe me, I really wish I could take it back and give you the attentive, patient and professional treatment that I am known for. I have officiated hundreds of weddings. My couples are happy with my service. I’m sorry I didn’t do the same for you and your husband. I hope you and your husband will find it in your heart to forgive me.

Denis · Married on 09/23/2017

0.4
      0.5

This officiant is very unprofessional, rude & would not apologize for suggesting us to cancel our wedding.. Because he made an error on the time (tried to tell my wife it was her error, until she had to show him proof) and scheduled too many weddings (not OUR problem). For how he treated us and threatened to leave the wedding if it wasn't at the time HE wanted, we should have been refunded. But he asked for a tip!!!!!!! Very distasteful and I would NEVER recommend him.

Sent on 10/19/2017

Rev. Oscar Benavides's reply:

Denis, I want to extend my deepest and most sincere apology for my behavior on one of the most important days of a persons’ life. There are no words that could express how terribly sorry I am that I was impatient and unprofessional. No one should ever be treated unkindly and especially not on their wedding day. I’m going through some very difficult personal situations; however, this is no excuse for my behavior. Unfortunately, I cannot take back the unpleasant moments I put you through. Believe me, I really wish I could take it back and give you the attentive, patient and professional treatment that I am known for. I have officiated hundreds of weddings. My couples are happy with my service. I’m sorry I didn’t do the same for you and your husband. I hope you and your wife will find it in your heart to forgive me.