63 Reviews for Preston Woodall House

Tents (2)
Limited Bar (1)
Tent Accessories (1)
63 Preston Woodall House Reviews

My fiancé and I are getting married in November of 2017 and we honestly can't be happier with our choice. Joel, the owner, honestly sold us on himself (the venue is beautiful enough to speak for itself!!) the first time we met him. Joel and his team (especially Nick & DJ) treat each couple and family like they are the only people that they are working with. They cater so well to everyone's individual wants and needs and will go out of their way to ensure that you vision comes true. I could honestly go on and on but you really won't be able to understand how amazing this venue and staff are until you get to personally work with them. You will not be sorry.

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/25/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

The 1st word that comes to mind when I think or speak of this wonderful like piece of heaven on Earth is unbelievable. I had the pleasure to stand as Maid of Honor as my brother married his beautiful new wife. I have to say the amount of time, care, energy, and passion that came from the management and staff was just unparalleled. There was no need unattended or even unanticipated. Chef DJ made a phenomenal meal fit for royalty, and Nick gave my brother and sister in law a ceremony totally flawless. The staff was the best I have ever seen and I can't imagine a single detail that was missed or would need to be changed. I would recommend this beautiful place to anyone from now til the end of time. Just totally 1st class and 5 stars across the board!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Bella, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

WOW is my first initial reaction when I think back to our wedding day at the Preston Woodall House! My husband and I were married there on October 21st! We rented the venue out for the weekend and it worked out perfectly! Having the bedrooms for our family who came from out of town was so nice! My brother and sister-in-law came all the way from Germany so having the option to have them stay at the venue worked perfectly! We mostly worked with Nick & DJ and they were both so AMAZING and made our wedding better than my wildest dreams! Nick made sure the planning process was painless and made the day go off without a hitch! DJ made the most incredible food and signature drink! Our guests are still telling us how perfect our day was and commenting on how beautiful the venue is! The staff made sure that my husband, our bridal party, our parents, and myself had everything we could ever need on the wedding day! To say they take care of their bride and groom is to say the least! The Preston Woodall House truly makes you feel like royalty on your special day! We have absolutely no regrets about our wedding day and are so thankful we entrusted the Preston Woodall House staff with the most important day of our lives!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/21/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Parking

My wife and I got married at the Preston Woodall House on August 6, 2017. Let me just say, from our initial meeting with the owner, Joel, to the ceremony and reception, we could not have been more pleased with everything. The venue, itself, is absolutely beautiful. We felt very comfortable when we first met Joel and decided to book our wedding/reception. Very friendly and was a pleasure to deal with. The staff, during the entire ceremony and reception was so helpful and truly made us feel that it was OUR day! Nick was very helpful with any details that we needed help with that day and made sure everything went smoothly. The food was AMAZING!!! DJ, the head chef, is a phenomenal cook. We had ribeye steak, salmon, pork BBQ, and a slew of other appetizers and sides. We stayed the night, in one of the rooms, as it is a bed and breakfast as well. The room was very comfortable and we got a great night sleep. We were served a wonderful breakfast, the next morning, prior to our exit. If you are looking for a venue where you are really taken care of from initial meeting to reception, we highly recommend the Preston Woodall House. Thank you very much for making our day such a great day for us!!! Ed & Anita Harris

Profile Picture Ed, 8/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The entire team was wonderful. They pulled all the vendors together amazingly. They made my wife and all our guess feel like royalty.

Profile Picture Russell , 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Parking, Indoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables

I don't even know where to BEGIN raving about the Preston Woodall House crew in Benson, NC. From the minute we stepped into the venue back in November of 2016, we KNEW this was our venue and that it was going to be amazing! What we didn't know was just how easy, stress-free, FUN, and overall fabulous that, not only our wedding would be, but our entire weekend spent there! Before visiting them, we were anticipating spending EASILY $10k-$15k just on the ceremony and reception, let alone photography, catering, flowers, DJ, etc. They helped us book our photographer, florist, DJ, and of course the provide their own catering, so the only work we had to do is let them know what we wanted in order for our day to be “perfect” and they made it happen! We chose the weekend package because a lot of our family was coming in from out of town, and we wanted to make sure we could all spend as much time together as possible. Joel and Nick are by far two of the greatest people on Earth, and definitely made me feel like a Queen the entire weekend. DJ, the "house chef," and his crew gave us INCREDIBLE rehearsal and reception dinners, and the rest of the Preston Woodall staff treated us as if we were family. I could write an entire book about this venue, and it still wouldn't do them justice. If you are in North Carolina and looking for the perfect venue, look no further than the Preston Woodall House in Benson!!!

Profile Picture Lindsey, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

When we started looking for a wedding venue we were not sure where to even begin. My husband and I knew we wanted a full wedding weekend full of accommodations for friends and family. Once we met with Joel Hurley and his staff at the PWH we knew this was the place for us. The lavish ballroom with built in dance floor, and windows for natural light along with their build your own packages made for our wedding weekend to be nothing short of amazing. From the minute we started planning with Joel we knew we were in good hands, his team took great care of our friends and family and paid attention to our every with and followed ever instruction down to the most minuscule details. When we decided to do nails on site Sean and his team even came to meet our girls to get them done. Throughout the process of wedding planning I was expecting it to become stressful however knowing I had Joel and his team on my side made this entire year long planning process simple, left me and my husband confident and finally made for the most spectacular wedding of the century.

Profile Picture Amanda, 11/19/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents

I can't say enough about Preston Woodall House. We booked our wedding about 15 months early and I felt supported throughout the entire engagement. The all-inclusive package was AMAZING. I hardly had to do anything and yet when I got to my own wedding I was blown away by how spot-on they were with everything I wanted. My family and bridal party loved staying in the cottages and we had a blast. It's so nice to be able to have everyone on the property and our rooms in the house were beautiful. Joel was so helpful in planning and taking care of everything financial and just being there to answer my questions. DJ is one of my new favorite people. His food is incredible and he made sure everything was perfect for us. My family, bridal party, and my husband and I felt completely comfortable and relaxed the whole weekend. This was the first and only venue we looked at and I couldn't be happier.

Profile Picture Tina, 11/5/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Limited Bar, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine

When it came time to scope the perfect venue for our wedding, we saw several places prior to the Preston Woodall House, but not one seemed to capture the warmth, charm or vibe we were going for. We drove out to Benson, NC and feasted our eyes on this gorgeous 1910 Queen Anne mansion. We both fell instantly in love with it, and knew that it would more than provide the perfect backdrop to our special day. Joel and his staff went above and beyond their call of duty for us. Joel went out of his way to make sure we had the perfect linens, chairs, cuisine, and on site accommodations. Joel was our day of wedding coordinator as well. The venue speaks for itself but the warmth and charm of the Preston Woodall House is Joel and his amazing staff. We truly felt like a king and queen that weekend.

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/29/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Tastings, Parking, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Liquor License, Open Bar, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables

They are really nice and will accommodate you in any way they can! They even made the price afordable for me! Would defiantly check it out if you haven't already!

Profile Picture User6525398, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Words cannot even express how much we loved having our wedding at the Preston Woodall House! The staff were amazing and SO accommodating. We had the wedding of our dreams thanks to the wonderful staff at PWH! Our guests were all raving over the beautiful venue and were so impressed with the ballroom. The food was amazing and they really "got" our vision for our wedding day and really went with it-I think the wedding planning would have been much more stressful if I hadn't had Joel to help guide me through! We can't thank them enough for helping us create our dream wedding!!

Profile Picture Angela, 7/16/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

You will not be sorry. They are so flexible and catered to my every wish. I did not worry about anything on their end. Kim was attached to my leg the day of, I felt catered to for the first time of my life. Chef David knows his stuff! He gave my Grandmother's macaroni and cheese a run for the money. I loved breakfast the next day, the wait staff for just the two of us! This was an experience! We will come back for some pampering.

Profile Picture Brandiesha, 7/3/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Love love love this venue! We had our reception here and the staff was great and food was heavenly. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for a venue! Joel really works with you to make your day special.

Profile Picture Kristin , 4/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I could go on and on and on about how much I love this venue, the staff, and Joel (the owner). We mostly worked with Joel who was absolutely amazing. He made us feel like family and went above and beyond on everything. For example, there were issues with my tablecloths a few days before the wedding, and Joel booked an appointment to have me pick out new ones a few days before the wedding. Joel also served as out wedding coordinator which was the best decision we ever made. We got to relax on the day of as the staff took care of all the details. There is absolutely no way that any other venue compares to this one--beautiful with stellar service. It would be a mistake not to book at the Preston Woodall House!

Profile Picture Madison, 12/31/15, 12 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Parking, Wheelchair Access, Indoor, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Bartender(s), House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

We selected the Preston Woodall House for its incredible staff. Yes, the house is historically stunning and it has a fantastic outdoor setting but the people of Preston Woodall is what made our wedding the event of the year. The owner, Joel Hurley, walked us through step by step of the wedding process to make our wedding a symbolic representation of both of us. Chief Brian and his staff displayed their art in the decadent food that they presented at every meal of our stay at the PWH. It was a pleasure and joy to watch Stephanie, event manager, in her element. She conducted a symphony with her irreplaceable staff that treated our guest like family and anticipated their every need. When 30 more people arrived than planned at our wedding and guest had taken over the table for my family, the PWH staff sprang into action rolling out and decorated an additional table before our grand entrance. My father-in-law is a retired, decorated military officer and in his own words “I felt like royalty”. He was thanked and shown the utmost respect for his dedication and service. A request we did not have to ask for. Our wedding was filled with untraditional surprises, personal touches and lots and lots of partying; we could not have done it without the amazing staff and venue at Preston Woodall. After the wedding our guests were surprised to find out how much we spent on the event, imagining it cost much more than it did. Thank you, Preston Woodall House, for giving my bride the wedding of her dreams and in the budget I fought so hard to keep. We love you!!

LIst of reasons why we love PHW
Beautiful ballroom
Elegant outdoor setting
Impeccable staff
Delicious food
On-site lodging for 26 of our guests
and reasons words are unable to describe

Happy wives,
Kristin & Emily Moler

Profile Picture Kristin, 11/14/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Uncovered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

I only wish I could give more stars! The owners and staff of the Preston Woodall House are the definition of wedding professionals. My husband and I just got married this past weekend, and we couldn't wait to review the venue! The staff is super friendly and helpful, Stephanie was an absolute rock star helping our coordinator, and the food was to die for! The house is absolutely gorgeous and everyone was flexible and really worked with my husband and I. The staff really made us feel like family during our stay. They genuinely want you to enjoy your big day here. We felt taken care of from the moment we signed our contract until the moment we drove home yhe day after the wedding. If you want a beautiful wedding with no worries at all, do yourself a favor and call Joel Hurley to book your wedding! Thank you so much Preston Woodall staff!

Profile Picture Mia, 10/24/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

We booked a whole weekend (Friday through Sunday) at Preston Woodall House, and everything was just amazing!! Brian is a wonderful chef, and I cannot say enough about the delicious rehearsal dinner, and the duck that was served for our reception. All of the guests were very impressed with the food (and food display), and cannot stop talking about it. The bar is also stocked with very nice beer/wine/liquors, and our guests were very happy. Joel and Stephanie coordinated everything meticulously, and our event went exactly how I imagined it! Our wedding party and family stayed in the cottages and main house on Friday and Saturday nights, which made the event even better! I really cannot recommend this venue enough! Everyone was so helpful in the planning process, before, and after the wedding! It was definitely a day to remember! Thank you, Joel, Stephanie, Brian, and Kim!

Profile Picture Barbara, 10/17/15, 12 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Tastings, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Specialty Beer, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up

The Preston Woodall house was the first venue that me and my now wife visited and we immediately stopped all of our searching as this place is THE best. We met with Joel Hurley, the owner, who is amazing. We purchased a package that included catering and all of the rooms in the house for a few nights and the ballroom. All of our guests had nothing but good things to say about the accommodations and the wait staff. My wife and I really enjoyed the wait staff and how courteous they were. They made sure we had everything that we needed or wanted during the event. For example- We had bacon wrapped shrimp as our hors d'oeuvres. Guests complimented them greatly, but I did not get to have one. During dinner, I asked one of the wait staff if there were any left. She disappeared for about five minutes and came back with a WHOLE PLATE of them just for me and the bride. How cool is that? Our wedding was amazing and I truly do not feel it would have been as great if we had not chosen the Preston Woodall House. If you're planning your own wedding, you should visit this venue and meet the staff (Stephanie, Brian, Joel, Amy, Kim and Dustin are amazing!)

Profile Picture Chad, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

I could not have imagined a better venue or staff than that of the PWH. I searched high and low for a place that offered everything I wanted......an outdoor ceremony, the option to stay overnight, and a place where my precious little pup could be included. PWH had all of that, and much more. From the moment we arrived on Fri, our event manager Stephanie and my wedding planner/owner Joel made me feel at ease, and that is not easy! They assured me everything was in order. The day of went so smooth and not a thing was out of order! I felt like a princess with all the staff catering to my every need. I was never thirsty nor hungry nor worried. And even checking out was too easy. They had everything neatly organized ready for packing. Our wedding day was more perfect than I could've ever imagined!

We will certainly be back to celebrate our 1 year anniversary and many more after! The benefits of the best B&B!!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 8/22/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

My wife and I were married at the Preston Woodall House on August 1, 2015. The accommodations were fantastic and the staff did an amazing job taking care of everyone. It was so nice having the cottages for family. We basically made the wedding into a weekend extravaganza. Joel did a wonderful job helping us plan and coordinate and the food Brian prepared for us all was top notch. The venue ending up being even better than we could have hoped for. Thank you Joel!

Profile Picture Jacob, 8/1/15, 3 Reviews

We were married and had our reception at the Preston Woodall House on August 1, 2015. I couldn't have imagined a better place to get married. We also had our rehearsal and dinner at PWH. The food was outrageously good and everyone agreed. We were picky and had some food allergies to deal with and it was handled with style, grace and some seriously delicious meals - thank you so much Brian! Everyone was very impressed. Stephanie did an excellent job with coordinating. Every question we asked, she answered calmly and directly. Joel handled all of our meetings and addressed questions and coordinated the rehearsal and wedding. We've been to and in other weddings and ours was by far the most organized! I couldn't have imagined a more organized staff and weekend. The staff at the PWH can't be beat, period! We had compliment after compliment of the staff, food, and gorgeous location of the PWH. We loved having the housing as well so that our families could spend the weekend on the premises with us! I couldn't imagine spending our big day (and honestly the whole weekend) anywhere else. Thank you all for making our wedding exactly what we wanted it to be!

Profile Picture Danielle, 8/1/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Tents, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Parking

I cannot say enough good things about the Preston Woodhall House. My daughter and her husband were married there this past weekend and I've heard so many people say that it was the best wedding they have ever been to. Joel Hurley and his team have this wedding business perfected down to the wire. Thank you so much Joel, Stephanie, and Brian!!! The guests lacked for nothing, and the service was top notch!! PWH team anticipated every single need and were on top of it before you could even think of it. I was totally amazed at how well everything was run. And the food...WOW!!! Chef Brian made the best food and every guest I've heard back from commented on how excellent the food was. And although I didn't get one of the meatballs, they sure were a hit with everyone. I had happened to comment on a photo I saw posted of a fruit display about how much I liked the initial carved into the watermelon. So, of course Joel made that happen for us!! I could go on and on about how wonderful everything went, but bottom line is- if you need a venue- you will be so glad you chose The Preston Woodall House!!

Profile Picture Tammie, 6/13/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Could not say enough good things about this place and its staff. They have truly thought of it all. Initially picked the place because of its ability to be an all inclusive venue, however getting to know the staff made me fall in love even more. During our big day there was always someone close by I felt no stress at all. We enjoyed every second, as well as did our guests. Food is absolutely phenomenal and they cater to all taste. Our bridal suite was romantically prepared for our wedding night, as well as the perfect next morning breakfast! We will be planning anniversaries here to follow!

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 6/6/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I am so thankful for the team at PWH. Bryan the chef is absolutely incredible...everyone at our wedding mentioned how delicious it was. Joel (the owner) and his daughter Kaitlyn answered my TEN MILLION questions and never once made me feel like I was a nuisance. They gave me so much insight to how things should be. I worked with Stephanie the weekend of my wedding... I have never met such a beautiful and welcoming person inside and out. She was OUTSTANDING. The bartender Donnie was a pro...he knew any drink requested. My go to staff member Kim was basically family by the end of the day. Every staff member truly made me feel like they were there just for us. It was amazing. If you are looking for a venue...THIS IS IT! You will have no regrets. I could n

Profile Picture Ashley, 5/2/15, 4 Reviews