Photos by Ruthe Reviews

Photos by Ruthe 5
Photos by Ruthe 6
Photos by Ruthe 7

Kelley · Married on 03/23/2019

March 2019 wedding. Amazing!!!

Ruthe and Mike are absolutely amazing!!! We could not imagine our day without them. They knew exactly where to take photos so we weren't waiting around forever afterwards trying to find good spots or figure out where the best lighting would be. Ruthe sent me the album in about a week so the turn around time is quick! I cried when I first looked at the album because of how much they were able to capture. There were lots of candid photos showing everyone having fun and laughing which I loved to see. I definitely know everyone had a good time! Even the pictures of everyone getting ready beforehand were candid which was a great touch since I obviously wasn't with the groom/groomsmen before the wedding. Our wedding was at The Port Royal Clubhouse and Ruthe had the idea of taking pictures of my husband and I on the golf course- so Hilton Head! The sun was setting in the background so the pictures were perfect! Thank you so much Ruthe and Mike for making our wedding so special!

Sent on 04/11/2019

Danielle · Married on 10/13/2018

great experience!

Ruthe was calm and confident the whole night! She made taking pictures fun and relaxing while making sure that both myself and my groom had all of the pictures we wanted plus more wonderful shots that captured our day perfectly!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Kelley · Married on 09/22/2018

A picture's worth a thousand words..

Ruthe and Mike are the absolute BEST! My husband, Nick and I got married on September 22, 2018 and they made our memories last a life time! Our photos are amazing and we couldn't be happier! We met Ruthe over a year ago when we were visiting the island to plan our special day! She was so professional, friendly and answered any questions or concerns we had! She made sure we were happy with the pictures we were capturing and came up with great ideas! We couldn't have thanked them enough for their hard work and we are so lucky to have had them for our wedding day! :)

Sent on 10/26/2018
    Photos by Ruthe 8
    Photos by Ruthe 9
    Photos by Ruthe 10
    Photos by Ruthe 11
    Photos by Ruthe 12
    Photos by Ruthe 13

Molly · Married on 06/10/2018

Ruthe and Mike Ritterbeck are amazing! They not only captured our day perfectly, they were a huge part in making sure everything during the ceremony and reception went beautifully. Our wedding was a destination wedding and I didn't have the opportunity to meet Ruthe or Mike before hand. We chose them based solely off of their reviews and recommendation from our venue. We had so much fun with them on our big day. Both the pictures and the editing is so beautiful. Ruthe responded to my e-mails same day (usually the same hour) and even let us upgrade our package choice just a few days prior to our wedding. Turn around time for the sneak peek and full gallery was super quick! Everything was so easy! If you are in need of a wedding photographer, you won't be disappointed! Mike and Ruthe went above and beyond and we couldn't be more in love with our photos!

Sent on 07/13/2018

Brianna · Married on 06/02/2018

Ruthe and Mike were fabulous! Ruthe was wonderful to work with and was quick to respond with any questions we had. Our photos are beautiful! Ruthe made everyone feel comfortable, and felt like family!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Lottie · Married on 05/26/2018

Oh my goodness; could not imagine having a more professional, talented, and personable photographer for my daughter’s wedding! Ruthe captured do many creative as well as classic images. 40 years experience and an eye for what the modern bride likes combine to make the perfect collection of wedding photos. Thank you, Ruthe, for CAPTURING our magical evening!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Mary Elizabeth · Married on 05/26/2018

Everything was perfect! I personally hate having my photo taken, but my experience with Ruthe was great. She made the process fast and painless. I got all the photos important to me at an amazing quality.

Sent on 06/15/2018

Jenny · Married on 05/19/2018

Ruthe is fabulous and captures incredible moments for any of your special occasions. My only suggestion is have a list of the photos you want taken if you want something specific. I forgot my list and looking back missed out on some photos I really wanted but slipped my mind with it being such a busy day. Wonderful photographer!!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Photos by Ruthe's reply:

Thanks Jenny, I am so happy you love your photos!
    I am so sorry we missed some that you would have like to have. :-(. My apologies!!

Pamela · Married on 04/24/2018

Ruthe was awesome! Had helpful ideas, and took amazing candids!

Sent on 05/23/2018

Photos by Ruthe's reply:

Thank you Pamela! It was an honor to be your photographer!!

cindy · Married on 02/17/2018

Ruthie was fantastic - she came right over and explained everything with us. I didn't have to worry about anything - tell Ruthie what you'd like and she will do it!

Sent on 06/03/2018
    Photos by Ruthe 14

Photos by Ruthe's reply:

Thank you Cindy, making my clients’ experience perfect is my ultimate goal :-)

James · Married on 10/14/2017

Ruthe was an absolute blast, and she acted as much more than just a photographer for both myself and my wife. We could NOT have gotten through the ceremony without her helping us along the way! We did not have a rehearsal dinner (well, we DID but the rehearsing part sort of went out the window as the evening progressed) and Ruthe was there during the ceremony and reception to make sure we knew where to go and prevented us from screwing everything up. Her photos were absolutely perfect; moreover, she has a way of bringing out the best in people which leads to great photography! Even the DRUNKEN DANCING photos were wonderful. If that doesn't sell you on her than nothing will.

Trust me, use Ruthe as your wedding photographer. You cannot do any better.

Os and Penny

Sent on 01/10/2018
    Photos by Ruthe 15

Rachel · Married on 10/07/2017

Ruthe was a great photographer and captured the best photos from our special day! She handled last minute changes or requests very easily and at the same time reminded us to breathe and take it all in! Having both her and Mike as well on site ensured we got pictures and moments from every angle! We received the photos back in a very timely manner and felt the package we booked was well worth it! We can't thank you Ruthe and Mike enough for being a huge part of our day! -Rachel and Tyler Meyerkord

Sent on 12/08/2017

Paul · Married on 09/17/2017

Our wedding was 5 days after Hurricane Irma and the island only had been open for a few days. This didn't deter Ruthe, she was prepared to move forward as long as the venue was open. She was great equipment and got some really cool shots of the wedding. Also, the ceremony was on a public beach so we had some strangers in the area. Not a problem, Ruthe was able to take them out so we didn't have any photo bombs! Can't say enough nice things, highly recommended.

Sent on 11/10/2017

Photos by Ruthe's reply:

Thank you! It was a honor to be your photog :-)

Best wishes for a fabulous life together!!!
    xoxo,
    Ruthe

Rachael · Married on 06/24/2017

Ruthe is outstanding! We love her! The whole day was captured perfectly! The photos are beautiful and fun. We feel like she is part of the family now! Can't wait to see her again!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Photos by Ruthe's reply:

Thank you so much! I feel the same about y'all!! So happy you love your photos!!

Kristi · Married on 05/27/2017

Ruthe is an awesome photographer to work with. She responded to all my calls and emails very quickly which is part of the reason why I picked her. This was a destination wedding for me so It put my mind at ease to hear back so quickly. My wedding pictures turned out amazing. The day was very hectic and Ruthe just went right with the flow snapping pictures. A lot of action shots were captured that I wouldn't even thought of to take that I absolutely loved. Every small detail was paid attention to such as trash cans in the backgrounds and placement of trees. she also had her husband taking pictures at the venue while we were getting ready. It was so nice to have them both there capturing memories the day flys by so fast so looking back through the pictures reminded me of how great of a day it was. I'm so happy I picked Ruthe!!

Sent on 06/20/2017

Photos by Ruthe's reply:

Thank you so much Kristi!
    I am so happy you love your photos :-) It was my pleasure!

Barbara · Married on 05/13/2017

We met Ruthe in the day of our daughters wedding. We live in the UK and our daughter in St Louis. Ruthe has an amazing approach and no matter what the age being photographed she makes you feel at ease. She has such a calming and professional approach and obviously is so very talented and experienced as a photographer. We could not have chosen better. Thank you Ruthe. The gallery is wonderful!

Sent on 07/07/2017

Alesia · Married on 04/28/2017

I absolutely loved working with Ruthe! She was very easy going and structured, but not TOO structured. She is a very caring person who wants to catch the perfect moments. We wanted the EMOTION of our wedding to be captured in the photos via candids and she did just that! She is a wonderful and talented photographer. The quality of the photos is excellent! I highly recommend her!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Alesia,
    Thank you, thank you! It was an awesome wedding and you and Nils are a spectacular couple :-)
    Best wishes for a long and happy life together!

Derrick · Married on 04/08/2017

Ruthe was amazing, we felt so lucky and blessed to have found her. She was on time took as many photos as we wanted and also has a great ideas. She picked more places for us to take pictures that came out better than we could have ever dreamed. She didn't rush, she wasn't in a hurry to leave she actually stayed over the agreed time. She is a wonderful person and made our special day even more special.

Sent on 06/20/2017

Thank you Derrick!
    It was an honor to be your photographer :-)
    Happy Life!!

annelise · Married on 12/17/2016

Working with Ruthe and Mike couldn't have been easier! They were incredibly professional and took the time to ask about every detail of what we wanted in wedding photos. They captured each photo we wanted as well as our personalities and the spirit of our wedding day flawlessly. Even when we had some problems with our pre-ceremony photo location Ruthe took charge to make sure we got the photos we needed. She was very efficient and managed our wedding party--which was helpful because the rest of us were too excited/jittery to think about directing the group.
    We could not have hoped for a better team!! Ruthe and Mike are family friends of the groom but they would make anyone feel as important as family. We truly felt we could trust them and they made us feel at ease through the entire process.

Sent on 02/15/2017

Leah · Married on 12/03/2016

Ruthe did an amazing job! She was kind, easy to work with, and had an eye for awesome photos. Ruthe went above and beyond expectations. The quality of the photos I received are excellent and are now priceless treasures. Ruthe truly has an eye for detail, flair of creativity, and is a master of her craft! I highly recommend Ruthe to capture your life's precious moments.

Sent on 02/08/2017

Photos by Ruthe's reply:

Thanks Leah! It was such a joy to be a part of your special day, I am so very happy for you and Bobby!

Kelsey · Married on 11/11/2016

Ruthy and Mike are the absolute best. They are flexible, professional, fun, and take beautiful photos. I could not have found better people to capture my wedding day.

Sent on 11/16/2016

Carla · Married on 11/11/2016

Ruthe was fabulous!
    She was organized and friendly. She made sure they had all family members in the pictures. Wedding pictures were absolutely beautiful. Such a lovely person to work with and really took all the stress of the pictures off my shoulders so I could just enjoy the wedding and reception.

Sent on 11/18/2016

Meagan · Married on 10/22/2016

Ruthe made everything about our day go very smoothly. She did the photos for our engagement session, wedding ceremony, and reception and worked closely with our day-of coordinator and DJ to make sure that everything was on schedule. Ruthe (and her awesome photographer partner/husband) kept us laughing the whole time and still made sure that we were able to get all of the shots that we wanted. We're so happy that Ruthe was able to be part of our big day!

Sent on 10/23/2016

Michael · Married on 09/03/2016

Just show them the Top 10 photos from Griff & Jenna's album. If that doesn't convince them, they're not someone you want as a customer anyway!

Sent on 02/15/2017