Sarah Nelson Photography

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,750 Most Popular Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,750 Most Popular Price

Sarah Nelson Photography is a wedding photographer based on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Owner and artist Sarah delights in documenting love stories. Using natural light techniques, she strives to catch small details and spontaneous moments to produce images that are candid and creative.

Sarah offers a number of packages to suit weddings large and small. The Whole Shebang comprises a complimentary engagement session, consultations, and nine hours of coverage. The Perfect Fit includes six hours of footage, edits, and retouches. The Short and Sweet plan consists of four hours with a photographer and high-resolution images. All plans come with digital files via an online gallery with exclusive rights for downloading, printing, and sharing. An additional photographer can accompany Sarah and she is happy to extend her hours for special events.

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?

$1,800

Which of the following are included in the starting price?

Add'l Hours
One Event / Day
Digital Files

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$2,750

Add'l Hours
Engagement Shoot
One Event / Day
Digital Files

What primary photographic style do you identify with?

Natural

What photography services do you offer?

Additional Hours
Destination / Travel
Engagement Shoot
Hand-Coloring
Wedding Portraits

What photography items do you offer?

• Elise
    Elise S. Getting married on 03/03/2023

Above and Beyond

Alright, I got engaged during the Corona Pandemic and had a lot of free time on my hands to start planning my wedding. The most important things to me are the venue and photographer, you want a great place and memories captured beautifully. My father was just as excited and found Sarah Nelson on the Wedding Wire. We creeped through her pictures from a wedding close to our venue and fell in love with how she captured the day. There were candids and staged photos and both were amazing.

I reached out to Sarah and she got back to me within minutes! We planned a phone call later that day so she could get a vibe of what I was looking for. Like I said, venue and photographer were at the top, I had certain needs that I wanted for pictures and I was hoping we could come up with my own personal package.

Needless to say, we were on the phone for over an hour! Sarah is SO bubbly and easy to work with, NEVER did I feel awkward about asking for what I wanted. My dreams fit in with the 'whole shebang' package and we started on the next process, "The Engagement Photoshoot."

I love my fiancé, he is wonderful in many ways, but I was DREADING this photoshoot. He was not about posing and kissing especially in nice clothes. He is a 'jeans and cut off' kinda guy. I knew he was going to be miserable. Sarah arrived at our photoshoot location and was AMAZING! Her personality is ABOVE and BEYOND! She is talkative and very easy going. We had music playing and cold beers in our hands the whole time to loosen up. She staged us in some shots and got to know us in person before our big day, which made my fiancé EXTREMELY comfortable! It also put me at ease, to know who was showing up the day of our wedding and what she was like!

If you are looking for a RELIABLE, PERSONABLE photographer, Sarah Nelson is your gal! The way she captures the moment and backgrounds is absolutely stunning. She focuses on certain points and it makes the pictures perfect. Her editing time is awesome! i had a sneak peek within two days (16 photos) and my whole album digitally in less than two weeks.

I am so pleased with my engagement photos that I cannot wait to get married and have her capture my special day. I highly recommend her "Whole Shebang" package as it is definitely worth every single cent! You will not regret hiring Sarah Nelson.

Sarah Nelson Photography's reply:

Elise you’re so kind!! I’ve have loved getting to know you and be a part of your love story! Can’t wait to party it up next spring!
    Heather T. Married on 05/09/2022

Best Decision We Made! LOVE Sarah!

When my, at the time fiancé, now husband and I discussed what the most important items were for our wedding, photography was at the top of our list! Everyone warns the day goes by so fast, and we wanted to make sure we had the BEST pictures to look back when we want to relive our big day and cherish the moments.

We spent an extensive amount of time researching, combing through photographers portfolios and it always led us back to Sarah Nelson! Her reviews were incredible, photos were timeless and beautiful!

We also did our research and read brides reviews anywhere and everywhere we could find them and everyone had nothing but great things to say…

Well here I am, sharing the same praises! Sarah is genuinely & truly the most beautiful person inside and out! I cannot imagine having anyone other than her to capture our day or to have spent the day with (you will spend a ton of time with your photographer) haha

We are not local, and Sarah was phenomenal in communicating. We never ever felt worried or that the distance was a problem. She was extremely thorough in understanding what we wanted, what pictures were important, our style, etc.

Outside of her actual photographs, did I mention how wonderful she is as a person? She came prepared for everrrry single thing! She took the time to coach us all on how to pose so our pictures were natural, she was absolutely amazing with our little ones (flower girl) so she was comfortable, Sarah never missed the opportunity for great lighting (dang some of these pictures are incredible), she was calm when things got stressful (as a bride on wedding day- cannot say how thankful I was for this) and she was just a joy to everyone throughout the day! I cannot tell you how many notes / texts I got from wedding guests saying how great Sarah was!

As I reflect back on my wedding day, I can say 100% that choosing Sarah was the second best decision I ever made (only second to choosing my husband 🤪).

If you are reading this and deciding if you should choose Sarah, stop immediately, and BOOK HER!! You will not regret it!

Sarah- I’ve said it a hundred times, but I’ll say it again, THANK YOU! I have never been more certain that having you as our photographer made our day as special and perfect as it was! I will forever be grateful for YOU!
  • Meshella
    Meshella D. Married on 05/07/2022

Engagement Photos

Sarah is absolutely amazing at her craft! My fiance and I had a great time while taking pictures and we LOVE the pictures that were taken! Thanks Sarah for being awesome!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

• Jared & Helain
    19 photos · 06/11/2016

William Hilton Parkway Bluffton, SC, 29926
214-912-2054
Location of (Sarah Nelson Photography)

Sarah Nelson Photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does Sarah Nelson Photography include in the starting price?

Sarah Nelson Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:
  • Add'l Hours
  • One Event / Day
  • Digital Files

What photography services does Sarah Nelson Photography include in their most popular wedding package?

Sarah Nelson Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:
  • Add'l Hours
  • Engagement Shoot
  • One Event / Day
  • Digital Files

What photography styles does Sarah Nelson Photography offer?

Sarah Nelson Photography offers the following photography styles:
  • Natural

What photography services does Sarah Nelson Photography offer?

Sarah Nelson Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:
  • Additional Hours
  • Destination / Travel
  • Engagement Shoot
  • Hand-Coloring
  • Liability Insurance
  • Wedding Portraits

What photography materials does Sarah Nelson Photography offer for wedding events?

Sarah Nelson Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:
  • Digital Files

What percentage of users recommend Sarah Nelson Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Sarah Nelson Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Hilton Head for your wedding