Photos by F.A. Formica Reviews

127 | Annapolis, MD

127 Reviews for Photos by F.A. Formica

• Jamie

Jamie · Getting married on 09/06/2020

Frank Formica's work is outstanding!! This is an excerpt from a thank you I sent him:
    Dear Frank,
    "I couldn't believe it when I walked to the mailbox today and found our photo disks! Thank you so much for the fabulous service and of course, our pictures are stunning! We can't sing your praises enough! I wanted to let you know that we received them safe and sound. I was excited to see our album before, but now having seen the images up close, I'm dying to see the finished album and I can hardly wait! Thank you so much for all of your hard work and professionalism. I didn't get a chance to tell you earlier, but when we first came to you, after visiting other photographers in Annapolis, I knew you were the best around and would do a fantastic job for our once in a lifetime Naval Academy wedding. I remember walking out of your house that day and telling my mom, "wow, we're so lucky he wasn't booked already." But at the time, we didn't really have any real experience with professional photographers, and we were just happy knowing we were going to have beautiful photographs to remember our special day. Now, after having been been in quite a few weddings this summer and observing other photographers and their photos, I realized just how lucky we really were! Not one of them could have even held a candle to you and your work. For example, I was a bridesmaid in a wedding where the photographer kept asking us how we wanted our picture taken, took about ten minutes to stage us and set up the picture, and then would only take one picture! This same lady also thought it would be a great idea to use the shawls of our dresses and wave them around our heads like helicopters. Needless to say, we were not impressed. I just wanted you to know that we thoroughly appreciate everything you've done for us. I also thought you should know, as if your brilliant work wasn't enough, your customer service is unparalleled. From our initial meetings, to our wedding day, and throughout this past year. I'm so thankful for your kindness and understanding after my father-in-law passed away so soon after Jon-Michael and I married. You were so patient with us and our circumstances. I just wanted you to know how blessed we were when we walked into your studio, and how blessed we are now with your beautiful photographs that we'll have to cherish for a lifetime."

If you're lucky enough to have the opportunity to have Frank photograph your wedding day, take it. Our pictures are stunning to say the least. His work ethic is incredible. He really knows how to use your time effectively to get everyone organized and take some amazing photos. We only had an hour between our wedding at the Naval Academy chapel and our reception at the Officer's club, but we managed to get all our family pictures taken and take pictures at all the amazing locations on the yard in a such a short amount of time because he's amazing, organized, and he knows exactly what he's doing. He's truly a professional. His customer service can't be beat. Everything is top notch, from his studio office, his samples, the online service he uses to preview your photos and share them with your friends and family, and of course, his photography. Trust me, you will love everything!

Sent on 10/06/2010

Samantha · Married on 10/12/2019

Better than we could have imagined!

There is no way to describe how amazing Frank and Glenn were at capturing our wedding day. The pictures are absolutely stunning, and beyond that they were so much fun to work with. They really got into the party and enjoyed being with our guests and documenting the entire day. Frank and Glenn are experienced, creative, and able to provide comic relief to a stressed out bride on her wedding day. They are honest people who love what they do and work hard to ensure that they exceed all expectations. If you are able to hire them for your big day YOU SHOULD!

Sent on 10/30/2019

Photos by F.A. Formica's reply:

Dear Samantha, Thank you so much. Both Glenn and myself love what we do, and our goal is to provide memories for a lifetime.
  • Ariana

Ariana · Married on 09/21/2019

VERY happy couple

I’m not sure if I have enough space to type all the wonderful things I could say about Frank and his partner, Glenn. Frank is one of a kind to work with and helps you feel very comfortable in front of the camera. HE WILL MAKE YOU LOOK AMAZING and better yet, he will make you FEEL like a star. He knows how to capture the best moments and show case your best assets. On your wedding day or any other precious moment in your life you do not need any more stress then what you can not prevent... however, you can prevent from having a terrible photographer so hire a good one, but if you want an EXCELLENT photographer then you hire Frank!! 100000000 stars!!! ♥️♥️♥️

Sent on 09/26/2019

Annie · Married on 06/22/2019

Breathtaking photographs, excellent service!

Amazing photographs, thoughtfully planned and selected scenery for the wedding photos. As parents of the groom we appreciated the care and thoughtfulness that went into each and every picture, making sure that the bride and groom and both families were able to get all the images they desired. The photographs were executed perfectly and are breathtaking! Frank is easy to work with and enjoyed a fantastic experience! Thank you for the beautiful memories!

Sent on 07/28/2019

Photos by F.A. Formica's reply:

Thank you so much, I will email you the PDF once again. Confirm that you have received the files. It will come with 2 emails. The first is the cover...the right is the front cover and the left is the back
    Frank
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 03/16/2019

Naval Academy Wedding

Frank and Glenn are amazing! My original photographer fell through less than 2 months before the wedding and I emailed Frank in the evening in a near panic attack and Frank came to the rescue (within like 10 minutes). I learned of Frank through the Naval Academy because he is an approved vendor (which worked extremely well in my favor), he was so calm on the phone and went right into details about the "perfect" photo ops at the Naval Academy Chapel (which my original photographer knew none!) and then shared stories of his family and I really felt like I had a new friend once I got off the phone. We continued to follow-up via email and phone, he would call and check in on me and then we met him at his studio a couple days before where we looked at his photos and paintings (which are amazing) and picked our brains on what special moments we wanted to make sure to get. The day of, Frank and Glenn were there waiting for us with cameras and lighting already set up. The groom (who is not a photo fan) said that Frank and Glenn had him laughing and that the photo session was fun. Frank and Glenn work well together and their energy pumps up whoever is being photographed. They knew their stuff … knew how to light the specific spaces to really make us pop off the page. I am extremely happy with the service each of them provided, it was great not having a time limit, that really saved on stress and the pricing was extremely reasonable … OH - I totally had photos via electronic delivery the day after the wedding!! Granted our wedding was in March so right before wedding season, but still I never expected photos that quick! If you are looking for a photographer in Annapolis, MD - Frank and Glenn are your men!!

Sent on 05/22/2019

Kwabena Agyeman-Budu · Married on 12/22/2018

Frank is simply the best!

Sent on 01/13/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah Yang · Married on 09/22/2018

Good communication and even better photographs

We had a great experience working with Formica Studios. Everything from pre-wedding planning to receiving our images was done very efficiently. Frank's associate, Glenn photographed our wedding day and we were not disappointed - He was professional and fun to work with. We highly recommend Formica Studios especially if you are getting married at the Naval Academy.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Rachel · Married on 09/02/2018

Flexible, relaxed, responsive and easy to work with. Plus Frank and Galen made us laugh throughout our pre wedding photography session and spent quality time to take tons of photos.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Shannon · Married on 07/13/2018

Mr. Frank and Mr. Glenn were fantastic at our wedding on July 14th. They kept us in line, while we were so distracted by all our friends and family. They made us feel special and helped to capture the essence of our wedding day! Mr. Frank is so artistic with his shots, while Mr. Glenn caught the party atmosphere. We have over 1000 photos to choose from to decorate our home and add to our album. We love the shots that he made into painterly prints; we even purchased two more to give our parents! Thank you, Mr. Frank and Mr. Glenn for sharing our favorite day with us. We appreciate all your help!

Shannon & Stephen Hawkins

Sent on 07/24/2018

Stephanie · Married on 06/21/2018

This is actually the second wedding Frank Formica has done for a family member.Two completely different venues... two equally MAGNIFICENT results. One at naval academy, indoor and another garden outdoor in historic Annapolis. At each, he captured beauty,humor, traditional poses, family moments, wedding attire, unique perspectives, and absolutely glorious timeless shots of the bride and the couple together. Many look like they should be in a magazine, let alone hanging in a frame on a wall. I only wish he was around when I married!!! I think I ordered more of my step daughter and brother-in-laws wedding photos done by Frank, than my own!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Hannah · Married on 06/08/2018

Frank and Glen were fantastic photographers. They both were professional and creative. It is obvious that they more than enjoy what they do! Their focus is on people, which is what we wanted. We love how our day was captured.

Sent on 06/28/2018

Richard · Married on 10/07/2017

Frank was so professional and thorough. He made suggestions that we used throughout the event and our photos came out beautiful. He came to our house prior to the ceremony, and he and his partner took photos of the bride, groom, parents and wedding party. We received such positive feedback from our guests about the photographers. We will have so many wonderful memories in photos thanks to Frank!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Laura · Married on 10/07/2017

I had such a wonderful experience working with Frank. He truly capture all of the moments in our photos on our wedding day. We live out of state so he was extremely flexible and understanding through the entire planning process. Plus we love our painting and wedding album he provided for us!

Sent on 01/02/2018

Linda · Married on 08/28/2017

Frank did a wonderful job on the wedding day as well as afterwards in getting the albums and extra prints/portraits done. The photographs are absolutely stunning and there were so many great pictures to choose from that it was easy to find the ones in which "everyone" looked great. Many thanks to Frank for capturing memories that will last a lifetime. We highly recommend his work. Ken and Linda Kelly, parents of the groom

Sent on 07/08/2018

James · Married on 08/26/2017

We were completely blown away by both the quality of Frank's work and his professionalism! He captured the most amazing photographs, finished them beautifully and was fantastic to work with! I highly recommend him to anyone getting married in the area!!

Sent on 12/20/2017

Julie · Married on 07/22/2017

Frank Formica and his associate Glenn were absolutely WONDERFUL! They were fun to work with, and the pictures are absolutely amazing! I would highly recommend Frank to anyone! Frank also does paintings of photographs which are truly a work of art! I am currently having two framed for our home.

Sent on 08/21/2017

Rebecca · Married on 07/17/2017

Frank's work is absolutely second to none. We were very lucky he was available on short notice after our photographer cancelled. Frank is very easy to work with and flexible. We are amazed at how beautiful the pictures are and it's a joy to know we will always have them to look at. Thank you for being part of our very big day and capturing all our special moments, you really made the experience fun and as relaxed as possible.

Sent on 07/25/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/28/2017

My daughter was married at the Naval Academy Chapel Memorial Day weekend and it rained! Being out of state, we had to rely on the local vendors to provide their expertise. Frank was not only congenial, accessible and reliable, but his talents captured a beautiful and memorable wedding day. We were so pleased with his photography, making choices to limit our parent album has been challenging. The rain did not hamper his photography and any request were kindly received. He gets 5 stars, but deserves 6.

Sent on 06/01/2017

Brandy · Married on 12/17/2016

Frank was an absolute professional, a joy and a delight to work with. His website is easy to understand and all of our pre and post wedding meetings ran on time and stayed on topic. As a military couple my husband and I were limited to our time in the Chapel at USNA. Frank made every moment count. His photos are absolutely beautiful and classic. I asked for several specific photos and Frank made sure to capture those moments. His prices are very reasonable and his turn around time for us was amazing. We were able to see our photos online in 2 days !!! We had a winter wedding so I'm sure this time could be extended during busy summer wedding months . Book with Frank, he is the best in Annapolis.

Sent on 12/22/2016

Marlise · Married on 11/05/2016

We had the best time taking photos with both photographers! They are a true team! I cant believe how quickly the pictures were up on our wedding link site, and how absolutely breathtaking they were! It is going to be so hard to decide which ones are our favorite.
    If you are reading this to help you decide who to choose for your photographer..... this one is worth every single penny we spent and more!

Sent on 11/08/2016

Ciera · Married on 11/05/2016

Frank and team captured our wedding day perfectly. They created photo opportunities we would have never thought of. When you're tired of smiling for what feels like hours they were able to make us laugh and look natural. They were easy going and patient with the people they photographed. When random family or friends pulled out their phones to snap photos Frank waited patiently and even helped them capture the best photos by telling them where to stand or how to hold the phone according to the lighting. After the wedding we expected not to see any photos for weeks/ months. Two days after on our honeymoon we saw all of the photos and they were edited. We ordered a photo album. That process was great. He listened to what changes we wanted and paired it perfect with his idea of photo layouts and edits. The flow of our album is better than expected and was done in excellent time. I couldn't imagine going with anyone else as our wedding photographer.

Sent on 01/17/2017

Mary · Married on 10/15/2016

Formica Studios (Formica Photo) is an amazing photographer! Our daughter and husband are USNA grads and planned their destination wedding in Annapolis from half way around the world - Guam. What a magnificent experience we had with our photographers. Frank was amazing to work with before, during and after the wedding. He knew how to capture each moment of the day from the beginning through the end of the reception. His knowledge of those "special places" and how to incorporate the natural lighting, architecture, and surrounding grounds of the USNA campus was incredibly artistic. He and Glenn were fabulous at the chapel service and reception. Their enthusiasm and creativity was so much fun to work with all day long. They were familiar with the venue and had wonderful ideas of how to photograph our family and friends enjoying the day. They also took special family photos that incorporated very meaningful and personal (tender) moments that both families will cherish over the years. It was evident that they paid attention to detail and went above and beyond to capture each special moment. We were very please with our experience and encourage anyone looking for a photographer to definitely consider Formica Studio. You will not be disappointed. We are thrilled with our pictures!!!!

Sent on 10/19/2016

Joanna · Married on 10/01/2016

Frank and his assistant did an amazing job photographing my wedding. I went with Frank because of his experience and expertise in photographing weddings at the USNA. I could not be happier with how the pictures turned out. Unfortunately, it rained and we were unable to take photographs outdoors but Frank was able to get great photographs indoors. He knew exactly where to go on base and got great shots. He also stayed late into to reception to make sure I got all the group photos I wanted. I was also impressed with how quickly he got my photos online.

Sent on 10/14/2016

Susan · Married on 10/01/2016

Your photos of my daughter's wedding were fabulous,Every picture was beautiful. The rain disappointed us since we couldn't photograph outside. You more than made it for it with alternate sites.

Sent on 10/14/2016

Frank and his coworker were a joy to work with. They provided my husband and I with one of a kind pictures that will allow us to reflect on this day for many years to come. Thank you so much.

Sent on 08/19/2016