33 Reviews for Peculiar Culinary Company

Southwestern (1)
Nut Free (1)
Vegan (1)
33 Peculiar Culinary Company Reviews

I would get married again if it meant using PCC as the caterer. Everything was delicious, service was impeccable and we couldn't have asked for easier people to work with.

Profile Picture Kim, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I am so happy we chose PCC for our wedding! Miranda was great to work with leading up to the event. The food was out of this world (as always) and the staff was top notch. People are are still talking about how awesome the food was! Thanks again Gene and Miranda!

Profile Picture Reagan, 10/14/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), Clean Up, American, Local, Seafood, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations

They were a pleasure to work with and accommodated me and my husband with our wedding day requests. Everyone raves about the food. We are so glad we chose them for our special day. Wouldn’t change a thing!

Profile Picture Jenn, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Working with Gene and Miranda was amazing, and we can't imagine our day without them! They worked with us every step of the way, no matter how crazy of ideas or suggestions we had. We had a rock and roll carnival wedding, so they came prepared with their food truck, and provided us with amazing buffets...I mean, hello, french fry bar! It also helps that they are both someone who once you sit down with them, you will feel like you've been friends forever! And on our day, their staff was also amazing, and kept checking to make sure me and my husband were happy, or if we needed anything. Everyone who attended kept saying how delicious and different the food was. They really brought to life our visions! -Krystal and Jeff!

Photos
Profile Picture krystal, 7/8/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

OMG - WOW - YUM! Peculiar is seriously THE BEST! Not only did they create the perfect menu for us, but they executed it magnificently and made every bite mouthwatering and leaving us wanting more! Our guests raved about the food AND the service and everyone had more than enough to eat. Their staff is incredible - top notch. They were super courteous and professional and were so attentive to everyone's needs. We are definitely food people and I can honestly say that they blew us away! Thank you so much Peculiar Peeps! We love you!

Profile Picture Lisa, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Miranda and all of the people we worked with at Peculiar Culinary Company were incredibly friendly and professional. Miranda was able to completely translate my culinary wedding dreams into reality. They delivered on what they promised and more! The food was more delicious than I ever could've imagined. I was thrilled, and so were all of our guests! I would highly recommend PCC for any event, large or small. Amazing company for sure!

Profile Picture Natalia, 5/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Our experience with Peculiar has been amazing from the start. From our initial tasting to our wedding night, we could not have asked for anything more. Not only is the food out of this world, but Miranda and Gene are a dream to work with. They are professional but laid back and make you feel relaxed through the whole process. The service at our wedding was spectacular. Helen makes the absolute best dessert!! Our cake and cupcakes were the best I have ever had. We also follow the Peculiar food truck every chance we get! We can't get enough of their food!!

Profile Picture Caitlyn, 10/22/16, 1 Review
3.3

We used Peculiar for our wedding. I will say that the food is very good and everyone enjoyed it. Other than that, we did not have a very good experience with Peculiar and found them to be unprofessional in their business practices. There were two instances when they made a change to our contractual agreement, but never bothered to inform us of it in writing until we asked them to fulfill it. By the way, their contract states all changes must be submitted in writing, but it’s clearly something they just put in the contract because they have to and don’t actually adhere to it. The first instance, we asked them for bartending services for 6 hours, which was the max listed in our contract. They said they “no longer do 6 hours” and would not honor our signed contractual agreement. Also double check your final invoice and compare it against your original quote. Although the amount wasn’t much, the price for coffee service had mysteriously changed and when I asked about it they said they had changed the price for that service, but would honor what they originally quoted – made me feel like they were doing me a favor by sticking to what we had originally agreed to. I couldn’t believe they were just going to change the price and hope I didn’t notice since they had never communicated it to us prior. You can still get great good for your event, but I would warn you to be prepared for these types of issues if you choose them.

Profile Picture Melyssa, 10/8/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, Clean Up

Peculiar was absolutely INCREDIBLE catering our wedding. The food was amazing and the staff could not have been nicer!

Profile Picture Kim , 9/9/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Gene and Miranda were a dream to work with. We were planning a wedding in NEPA all the way from North Carolina, which would have been challenging, but they quickly responded to emails and were available by phone whenever we had a question. The Peculiar Culinary team was responsive, kind, and really fun to work with. Gene worked with us to create a perfect menu and we felt like he immediately got out "wedding vibe."

AND THE FOOD WAS AMAZING. We had barbecue chicken and ribs, mac and cheese, grilled corn, and a beautiful salad for 100 guests, and everyone was raving about the food. The Peculiar Culinary team showed up early and put in extra effort to make our night special. We highly recommend them.

Profile Picture User7195173, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Peculiar culinary was great! They were able to come with a menu that was perfectly us and within our budget. When I mentioned how much I loved ice cream they came up with the idea to do an ice cream bar with homemade ice cream! It was awesome. We also had the best mac and cheese I've ever had! You guys made our day even more perfect with awesome food and a professional and friendly staff!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Gluten Free, Vegan, Vegetarian, Bartender(s)

Peculiar Culinary did a great job with our wedding! The food was great and everyone said the same, but they have other amazing qualities to boot! They were very responsive with our many questions and inquiries, which was important to us, since we always thought of random questions that we forgot to add to our original list of questions. Also, the staff was awesome! Tim knew we would have trouble eating since we had guests to entertain, so he made an appetizer dish for us! And the bartenders kept me up to speed when things were running low, so I was able to coordinate and get some more soda, ice or beer.

What a great company!!! Would recommend to anyone and will use again if I require this type of service.

Profile Picture David, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Peculiar catering is absolutely the best I have ever worked with. They catered my wedding on August 20, 2016. The food, the staff, everything was amazing! I would recommended them to anyone and will be recommending them to everyone I know.

Profile Picture Kari, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Great staff, great food with family service. Honest pricing. No hesitations, choose peculiar.

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We decided to have PCC create our wedding buffet menu on August 13, 2016. We are so thrilled to say how amazing the staff was, not to mention the food. There are no words for how enjoyable the food was. Gene and Miranda treated us like family and they are truly the reason we choose PCC. When you are planning a wedding you don't always deal with the most pleasant people. I even got hung up on while talking to a local vendor. PCC gave us everything we wanted, every step of the way. There was never any pressure at all. For us food is not something you just eat to get full. We have a passion and true love affair with food. Gene and Miranda share this same passion. We had an outdoor wedding and that was a challenge for some caterers. PCC didn't even flinch when we told them about our outdoor plans. In the end our goal when hiring PCC was to WOW our guests. Our goal was achieved! Everyone was buzzing about the food during our party. In my experience weddings are not know for great food. We wanted to break that mold and PCC shattered it pieces ! Thank you so much all of the staff at PCC for all of your hard work! WE LOVE PECULIAR CULINARY COMPANY!

Profile Picture Jason, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Gene, Miranda and the entire Peculiar Culinary staff went above and beyond to make our wedding absolutely amazing. Our guests couldn't stop raving about how delicious everything was and how fabulous the staff members were! The food was A++ and there was plenty of of it. The staff was right on top of keeping stations filled and passed appetizers coming. Bartenders were very friendly and made our drinks perfectly.

Everything was exactly as we had hoped for and our expectations were definitely exceeded. I recommend Peculiar to everyone that I know because they are THE BEST!!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 7/23/16, 1 Review
4.7

Peculiar delivered hands down the best wedding food my wife or I have ever had. If you want your guests to have a delicious, memorable, and unique meal Peculiar is the way to go. Gene, Miranda, and the rest of the Peculiar team were amazing. Can not recommend them enough.

Profile Picture Peter, 7/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Try the food and you'll be sold!!

Profile Picture Haley, 7/9/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

Miranda and Gene and all of the Peculiar Staff were absolutely amazing. We got so many compliments on the food, I can't even begin to describe. Their food is unparalleled in northeastern PA. Miranda is so easy to work with and made sure every little detail was perfect for our day.

Profile Picture Tia, 7/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I would advise any couple I know planning a wedding to check out Peculiar Culinary. The food was excellent (many guests said it was the best wedding food they'd ever had), the staff was extraordinary, both the day of the wedding and beforehand during the planning process. Miranda was so easy to work with, quickly responding to all my inquiries, and very flexible the day of the event during set up when we ran into some space issues. I can't recommend this company highly enough.

Profile Picture Karen, 7/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We cannot say enough positive things about peculiar culinary. Gene, Miranda, and their amazing staff provided catering and bar tending for our fall wedding at Friedman Farms in Dallas, PA. They also provided venue, rentals, catering, and bar tending for our rehearsal dinner.

Rehearsal Dinner - We had our rehearsal dinner at PCCs event location in Hughestown. The space was decorated simply and beautifully to fit our desires. We had a buffet dinner and open bar that we supplied alcohol for. The food was amazing and the space was very comfortable for our guests (~45). PCC worked with us to develop a custom menu that fit our style and budget.

Wedding - We had our wedding at Friedman Farms in Dallas, PA. This venue does not have a working kitchen and the caterer must prepare all the food outside in a tent. It was ~45 deg the day of our wedding and all the food was warm when served and tasted amazing! It says a lot about a caterer when they can prepare an amazing meal in any condition. One of the best things abuot PCC is that they are very flexible in designing a menu. Gene and Miranda have a very unique style and are willing to try anything. This allowed our appetizers and selections to be very unique and "local". Our guests raved about it all! At the end of the night we also had PCC serve late night snacks from their food truck. This was a last minute add-on and totally worth it. Again our guests raved about this and thought it was so cool! Gene and Miranda worked with us on our budget and selections so that we were able to get everything we wanted. I cannot say enough good things!

Profile Picture Kelly, 11/14/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: American, Italian, Local, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Set Up, Bartender(s)

Amazing food and service - Peculiar is such an excellent caterer.

Peculiar is a great caterer because they are great people. We found Miranda and Gene through a referral from another vendor and we are so happy that we were introduced to them. From my first conversation with Gene to our tasting and eventual wedding day, working with Peculiar was an absolute delight. Gene worked with me to create a menu tailored to what we wanted and demonstrated his cooking and passion and prowess by preparing incredibly delicious food. Throughout the night of our wedding, guests were approaching me to tell me how great the food was and kept asking who our caterer was.

In addition to the amazing food, Peculiar also provides amazing service. Miranda was amazing at answering our questions and helping advise us on various decisions. Because our venue didn't have an on-site kitchen, she suggested that we might want to rent high-end disposables instead of traditional silverware. This was a great suggestion and it also lowered our total cost. On the day of our wedding, Miranda, Gene, and the Peculiar team executed perfectly and helped make our day perfect!

Profile Picture Dave, 11/7/15, 1 Review
Category: Catering
Services Used: Vegetarian, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Set Up, Bartender(s), American, Southern, Southwestern

Gene, Miranda and the Peculiar team seriously made our wedding day. First off, they are AWESOME people, super friendly and easy to work with. I made a lot of menu changes and they were always accommodating and helpful in setting the final wedding menu and signature cocktails. On the day of our wedding, they set up the station tables BEAUTIFULLY and also helped set up (and later clean up) our place settings, lighting candles, etc. They made my wedding day so much less stressful because they were on top of everything -- even remembering things I've forgotten (like food labels). Most importantly, the FOOD! When my husband and I were finally seated at our table to eat, a lot of our guests came over to tell us how amazing all the food was. We had so many people comment afterwards that Peculiar's chicken and waffles were the best they ever had and our friends were still talking about our wedding food even weeks after our wedding. Bartenders also did an amazing job making our signature cocktails on top of being super friendly and fun. The team seriously went above and beyond. We are so glad we chose Peculiar and we recommend that you don't hesitate and just book them now! Also check out their food truck!

Profile Picture Angela, 10/31/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Southern, Clean Up, Set Up, Hors d'oeuvres, Stations, Bartender(s)

We heard about Peculiar Culinary Company from a fellow food lover who recommended checking their website out. We were immediately impressed with both their appetizer and entree menu options. My husband and I can be quite adventurous with dining, whether we are out enjoying someone else's cooking, or trying out our own new recipes. We KNEW we wanted someone special to cater our wedding. After speaking with Gene, and Miranda, we were very pleased with how much they cared about what our food tastes were and what we would like to serve at our wedding.
When we went to our first tasting, they not only wowed us with the food, but with their amazing personalities, and service as well. I felt like we were friends of their that they were having over for dinner, not clients. Their warm, welcoming demeanor made the decision to choose them very easy. Not to mention the food- OH.MY.GOD. I turned to my husband after the first course, and we said in unison, "It has to be them." We actually changed the date of our wedding, because they already had an event planned for our original date!
The day of our wedding was no different. Our wedding was at a newer venue in the area, with a working, but small kitchen. We had around 200 guests at our wedding and they did both catering and bartending. We had both passed hors d'oeuvres, and an antipasto station. I didn't get a chance to sample all the appetizers while greeting guests, so it was such a wonderful surprise when I sat down, and Miranda immediately brought a full plate of appetizers over to us. We had a sit down dinner with a salad as a course, and everything came out in a timely manner, and everything was SO delicious!! I couldn't get over how many people commented on how delicious everything was and how friendly the servers were! We ended the night with a late night taco station that was out of this world. I really can not say enough about this team of culinary professionals. I would use them over and over again!!

Profile Picture Jacqueline , 10/17/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Wedding Cake
Services Used: Gluten Free, Vegetarian, American, Italian, Bartender(s), Cake Cutting, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Clean Up, Set Up

There is something special to be said about your caterer when their backs are literally against a wall in an outdoor kitchen with temps in the high 30's to low 40's and two months later you still have guests talking about the FOOD! Gene and Miranda are hands down two of the best people I have ever dealt with for ANY type of service.
Gene put a menu together and we set a tasting date at our venue, Fiddle Lake Farm in Thompson, Pa with Gene and Miranda since they had never been there before and give them the opportunity to check out the equipment and the kitchen space before any of us made a final decision on anything. Every single dish they put in front of us for our tasting got better and better! My mom for example is a fish hater, but immediately exclaimed that they were the ones we were hiring and she would be ordering salmon after just one bite!
So, just like that Peculiar would be feeding 230 of our hungry families and friends for both our rehearsal dinner and our reception in just about a year from that time! Throughout the year to come, we took every opportunity to taste as much Peculiar cuisine as we could at their pop-ups and events. We fell more in love with each bite!
The wedding rolled around and it was PERFECT! We can't thank the Peculiar team enough for bringing their exceptional talent to the dinner table! The staff was incredible and didn't hesitate when I grabbed any of them with a request!
Miranda was ALWAYS available to answer any questions we had along the way and certainly calmed all of our fears and accommodated our every want and need. She has an exceptionally easy way about which means everything when planning your wedding!
Gene truly has a special gift and endless talent! If you are lucky enough to get the opportunity to taste the magic, do yourself a favor and EAT UP! Now, if only we can find a way to get Peculiar treats in our bellies after we've moved from PA to Colorado, we would be in culinary heaven for the rest of our lives!

Profile Picture Ashley, 10/3/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Bartender(s), American, Local, Clean Up, Cocktail Reception, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Gluten Free, Nut Free, Vegetarian