Our Costa Rica Wedding Reviews

Our Costa Rica Wedding 1
Our Costa Rica Wedding 2
Our Costa Rica Wedding 3

Maria · Married on 06/26/2018

What can I say but amazing! We decided to do a small wedding that included our kids only as we were blending families. Meghan took care of every detail and was so flexible in changing dates when we had to make adjustments. We were married on the beach at the Westin Guanacaste and it was simply breath taking. Even though it was a small group of 6 we always felt as special as a larger wedding. Flowers food officiant photographer the set up on the beach. Everything was perfection. I highly recommend Meghan and her group for your special occasion

Sent on 06/30/2018
    Our Costa Rica Wedding 4
    Our Costa Rica Wedding 5

Our Costa Rica Wedding's reply:

It makes us so happy that your family had a wonderful experience together in Costa Rica! I loved that you kept this celebration to the two of you and the kids- what better way to commemorate beginning as a family than a tropical location filled with adventure and cool animals! Maria, Congratulations to you, Greg & the boys!

Carmen · Married on 03/12/2018

I was totally thrilled when I came across Our Costa Rica Wedding / Mil Besos last year. I am not a planner myself, so I was relieved to find somebody who could plan not only my wedding but my entire wedding getaway, from the legalities to wedding vendors, hotels and excursions. Meghan Cox was super friendly and responsive right from the start, but I guess my touch of inner-pessimism was holding out for some sort of hiccup. Well, I just returned from Costa Rica last weekend and I can tell you that throughout the entire six months of planning, through to my return home, there was not one single hiccup! During the planning stages Meghan was very knowledgeable and insightful. She took into account our wishes but made suggestions and gave lots of good advice. The wedding itself was seamless. The coordinator, hair/makeup artist, and chauffer showed up at our hotel when they were supposed to and each provided excellent service. My bouquet was beautiful and just as I had discussed with Catalina, as was the ceremony space set up next to the waterfall where we were married. Our amazing photographers met us there and followed us back to the beach after the ceremony, and my husband and I had time for a celebratory glass of wine before we made our way to the restaurant where Meghan has made us reservations. Everything just went perfectly to plan. I would highly recommend Meghan and the Mil Besos team to anyone who wants an easy, romantic wedding in beautiful Costa Rica!

Melinda · Married on 04/23/2017

WOW I can't say enough good things about OCRW! We had the most beautiful elopement ceremony last week, and from the beginning of the process all the way til the end everything when smoothly and stress free! Meghan was so amazing and patient with us. We even decided to change the location of our elopement (from La Fortuna to Playa Langosta) 3 days before the planned date due to poor weather (duh, it's a rainforest--but we were hopeful for a sunny day) and she and her team made it happen! We had the most beautiful flowers done by Jamie, who also was able to accommodate the date change and rush the delivery of flowers for us. They made a gorgeous mandala out of flowers for our ceremony in the sand because we opted out of the traditional arch. Marcelo was our officiant who was flexible with our last minute date change and did a great job officiating our marriage, including all the legal paperwork. He made the process easy! We chose Jonathan Yonkers for photo/video and he and his team were wonderful to work with! We can't wait to see the final results! We are so grateful that we found OCRW to give us such a great experience!

Sent on 04/29/2017

Our Costa Rica Wedding's reply:

Melinda!! Thank you so much for this feedback. I LOVED planning with you and I'm so happy the date change went so smoothly :) I can't wait to see the beautiful photos/video from Jonathan - his work never disappoints!!

Jennifer · Married on 04/07/2017

My husband and I decided to elope with Our Costa Rica Wedding after reading awesome reviews! Meghan was outstanding throughout the entire process - prompt, understanding, visionary! While I didn't see her on my wedding day (she had other weddings that same day) her assistant was so great! Everyone just showed up to our room and everything was done for me - hair, make up, cake, photos - all amazing. I highly recommend Our Costa Rica Wedding to anyone looking for a stress-free, unforgettable experience

Melissa · Married on 03/02/2017

Meghan Cox and her team at OCRW made all of our wedding dreams come true. When Meek and I started talking about running away to paradise to get married, we weren't even exactly sure what that meant or where we wanted to go. We stumbled across the reviews for OCRW and decided to email Meghan and find out what they were all about. She responded to me so quickly and with so much detail I knew she was who I wanted to work with. We wanted our wedding to just be about us and our great love for each other and decided to bring 4 friends with us to share in our wedding adventure week. Meghan and her team spent as much time and care planning our tiny wedding as they would if we were 300 people. Not a single detail was overlooked. We got married in another country, site unseen, and never felt anxious even once. The week leading up to the wedding was the most fun we have ever had! Zip lining, white water rafting, jumping off the top of a catamaran into the ocean, beach days! All with transportation!
    We chose our officiant Einar, who had the perfect vows for us. Meghan connected us with Catalina who worked all hours of the day designing the perfect table for us, it brought tears to my eyes when I saw it. She even shopped for the antique glassware I was looking for and shipped them to me in Canada. We chose Diego Solís from Stories Wedding Photography who was a dream to work with. He was young and fun and really captured our playful personalities. Chelsea, our day of coordinator, was like having a personal assistant. She knew everything I needed before I did and instantly made any wedding day jitters disappear. We had a privately catered dinner on the beach and the food was spectacular. Desiree and Juan were the perfect husband and wife catering team. Monica came to my room to do my hair and makeup and really made me look and feel like a movie star. A million thank-you's to Meghan and all the behind the scene people that helped create our dream wedding. I could write a novel.

Sent on 03/23/2017

Our Costa Rica Wedding's reply:

Melissa!! Thank you for these lovely words. So happy your experience was amazing, you two really have the perfect adventurous attitudes for Costa Rica and embraced everything you experienced! I love how much you connected to the people involved in your day and am so glad we got to experience this with you!! All the best!

Jennifer · Married on 02/27/2017

After getting engaged, I became overwhelmed with the idea of planning a wedding. We talked about taking a trip to Costa Rica & were delighted to find out that eloping to CR was particularly easy & the dry season was fast approaching. We hit the jackpot, when we stumbled upon Our Costa Rica Wedding (OCRW). This is when my worrying transformed into pure excitement! Meghan Cox, our personal wedding planner, turned our anxiety into a joyful journey. She guided my fiancée & I every step of the way. Even though we were in 2 different countries, she held my hand throughout the entire process. She arranged transportation; helped us select a tremendous photographer; design a unique bouquet; choose a gorgeous ceremony location; create a personalized yet flexible itinerary; & even write/select our own vows! We had an entire week of pampering, adventure, wonderment & relaxation in one of the most beautiful countries in the world. We saw sloths, coati, iguanas, caiman, monkeys, hummingbirds, toucans, pineapple fields & volcanoes. We soaked in natural hot springs, & refreshing waters off the beautiful Pacific coast. We explored the forest from above while navigating on a private tour of hanging bridges. We ventured to the bottom of La Fortuna Waterfall & waded in the chilly pool below. We rode along the river on a guided safari; & practiced our Spanish! Stylist Paola became a friend & confidant as she assisted with my hair/makeup/nails & gown zipping! Adam & I saw each other for the 1st time in our wedding attire as I walked barefoot down the beach to where he stood waiting for me. The beauty of Playa Conchal at sunset created the perfect backdrop for our ceremony. We ate heartily & sipped tasty beverages. We cut our cake, toasted to Pura Vida & all the planning + legal requirements were handled without having to micromanage ANYTHING! This trip was life-changing in countless ways. The largest thank you goes to OCRW for taking our dreams & making them a reality. THANK YOU

Sent on 03/16/2017

Our Costa Rica Wedding's reply:

Jennifer thank you so much for sharing your experience! You can see just how much you enjoyed the country and everything it has to offer. And like many of our couples, I love how much you connected with the people involved with your wedding. Thank you so much for choosing us to make your dream a reality!! We loved every bit of it!! Congratulations!!

Jennifer · Married on 07/01/2016

My finance’ and I decided to have a destination wedding in order to focus on us, the vows and our life ahead instead of 300 pieces of chicken. :) We soon found out that finding a location and a competent wedding planner, at a reasonable price, was a tall order too. Nathan found reviews of OCRW and we read about the options for weddings for two, a few and many. At that point, we had no idea how many people would travel with us for the wedding. In emailing Meghan, she quickly answered important questions, showed flexibility in setting up plans and offered great suggestions. I plan events for work, so I was impressed by her organization and thoroughness. Meghan cued into our personalities and was able to suggest locations, photographers, officiants and excursions that could be good matches for us. As far as details, we appreciated having an app to track our conversations, ideas and tasks. OCRW even collected sand from 2 beaches for our ceremony and shopped for favors. When illness sidelined Meghan temporarily at the time of our trip, her team stepped in. Sol from OCRW and Heidy from Westin Playa Conchal kept everything on time. Even when rain moved us from the beach to the gazebo on the wedding day, they were sympathetic, then made the gazebo the most beautiful spot on the resort. They worked in step with the photographer (John Williamson, who was also amazing!) to allow time to get great photos. We were floored when we walked into the reception area! The table was FILLED w/ lilies, palms & candles. Megan even made sure that our idea for a signature cocktail was there. Meghan was very understanding of our many dietary restriction. We also had a couple of guests who are hard to please and she handled them respectfully w/ many ideas & options. Meghan also was very helpful when my parents had to cancel their plans due to health concerns, fully refunding their trip. Documents for each excursion, transportation company & hotel made the honeymoon so easy and enjoyable!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Our Costa Rica Wedding's reply:

Jennifer I know we emailed previously but I saw I had not responded here so wanted to say thank you for sharing your experience! You & Nathan were so genuine, your love shined through even in emails and especially on your wedding day! It was wonderful planning this experience with you and I'm so glad you had such an amazing time! Congratulations!!

Stacie · Married on 05/23/2016

Meghan and her team at OCRW/Mil Besos (they're changing their name!) are absolutely amazing. I was unsure if I wanted to do a destination or local wedding and stumbled across Our Costa Rica Weddings in my initial search. I was hesitant at first, not sure if I was willing to trust the "most important day of my life" to someone who I'd never even met face to face, or to get married in a location that I had never been within 3,000 miles of, but after a few conversations I took the plunge and am SO glad I did. Meghan is everything - a wedding planner, a travel agent, a stress-reliever, and a friend to complain about crazy family members to! Every time I began to worry about a detail, she came back with 10x more information than I even realized I wanted and completely put me at ease.

Meghan paired me with Catalina to work on the design for the ceremony and reception and I honestly wish Catalina could design every aspect of my life. I look at my pictures and can't believe that my wedding was so beautiful. I actually get pangs of heartache that I can't live every day of my life surrounded by the beautiful design Cata came up with and Meghan expertly implemented. They are a match made in wedding heaven. My ten days in Costa Rica were probably the best of my life, and my wedding was more than I ever imagined it could be.

If you want to get married in the most romantic, beautiful, and relaxed setting - enlist the help of OCRW. You won't regret it and will soon begin budgeting for Meghan to plan your 1 year, 2 year, 3 year, etc. anniversary trips back to Costa Rica! Pura vida!

Megan · Married on 04/08/2016

I would not change one single thing about my wedding and honeymoon in Costa Rica. Working with Meghan at Our Costa Rica Wedding was just amazing. She made it so easy and that is exactly what I was looking for. We had a "Just the Two of Us" package and it was perfect for us. Perfect price, perfect weather, perfect location, perfect service, perfect planning. Having never been to Costa Rica I thought I would be nervous, especially getting married there, but the hospitality and organization for everything made us feel at home. It is definitely the way to experience the beautiful country and have an awesome wedding day in an exotic location! If I had to do it over again I wouldn't change a thing- just amazing! I am so happy and can't wait to visit Costa Rica again. I highly recommend Our Costa Rica Wedding for your dream destination wedding, you can trust that everything from your activities to hotels to transportation will be taken care of and you'll leave with incredible memories. Oh!, and get married at the La Fortuna Waterfall - there is nothing like it.

Paige · Married on 02/19/2016

If you are getting married in Costa Rica and need the assistance of a wedding planner, look NO FURTHER and hire Megan and her team immediately. It is hard for me to put into words how grateful I am for Megan because of how unbelievably special she made our wedding day/week and overall experience...it still brings me to tears!
    I was SO stressed out before I found OCW (our Costa Rica wedding) as I had been through 3 wedding planners that didn't understand what I was looking for in a destination wedding and simply wanted a paycheck. Even getting them to respond was a battle! My Mom and I just happened to stumble upon Megan in a google search; We emailed her and she got back to us within MINUTES with an extensive email of suggestions, questions, and truly wanting to understand what was important to me. We immediately knew we wanted to work with her, and from there all the magic began.
    Again, from the very first email, Megan and her team didn't miss a beat. She worked with us extensively on budget and was very sensitive to our needs; she helped with the room and board of our guests, our ENTIRE week itinerary and activities, transportation to and from the airport & activities (we had 65 guest so it was a big group to manage) and most importantly, she made our wedding day the best and most beautiful day of our lives. Every single detail of our wedding day was planned perfectly; From the location (we had it at Pangas), to the food & drink, to the photographer, DJ & officiant, and the decorations; She and her team captured everything we wanted the day to be and more. We had a joint Pinterest board along the way so she could understand what type of decor and setting I was looking for and we had many conference calls to discuss....let me tell you, it paid off! Our friends & family had the time of their lives. OCW fulfilled any expectations we ever had and then some for our destination wedding...thank you for making our wedding week such a dream....we love you!

Lauren · Married on 11/27/2015

My fiance and I decided to do away with all of the stress that a typical wedding entails and go with a fun and intimate destination elopement. After some Google searches, I stumbled upon Our Costa Rica Wedding. Once I inquired about information, I received an immediate and pleasant response from Meghan Cox. After our initial conversations, I knew this was the perfect fit to help plan our special day. Meghan was so incredibly helpful and assisted in customizing the perfect elopement package to fit our needs. My fiance was a little hesitant at the thought of sending money and planning this trip without ever meeting someone in person. Meghan gave me every bit of assurance that she was a trustworthy, professional wedding planner and to not worry about a thing. It was a year of constant change and indecisiveness on my part which she handled with the utmost patience and grace. The whole experience leading up to our elopement was nothing short of simple and hasslefree as a bride. Every email, communication, question, change, etc was addressed professionally and promptly.

Our entire trip was simply magical- from the vendors, tours, accommodations, wedding day, etc!!! We couldn't have asked for a more perfect way to share our special moment in becoming husband and wife in paradise. Meghan's attention to detail and trusted vendors made this experience more than we could have ever hoped for. I could write a book on how amazing Meghan and her team were to help us create our dream elopement. I have and will continue to speak her praises and refer Our Costa Rica Wedding to anyone looking for the perfect wedding/elopement/honeymoon. Kudos to the Meghan and her team for making me the happiest bride from start to finish!!!

Sent on 12/10/2015

Our Costa Rica Wedding's reply:

Lauren! You are too sweet! Thank you for sharing your experience. And you weren't indecisive at all, I had a great time planning with you :)

Ashley · Married on 10/04/2015

Meghan was outstanding- super quick with her responses, very informative, and helpful through the entire process, which lasted about a year. If you are looking for someone to entrust with helping you plan your special day, you are in good hands!

Sent on 12/08/2015

Our Costa Rica Wedding's reply:

Thanks Ashley! Since you are rafting guides, I knew from the start that Costa Rica would be perfect for you! So glad you loved it! Congrats :)
  • F

Felicia · Married on 08/08/2015

Meghan and her team at Our Costa Rica Wedding did an AMAZING job in every aspect of planning our wedding!!! We can't stop talking about it!!! (And we're really sad that it's over) We highly recommend any couple who would like to get married in Costa Rica to use them. No details were overlooked! From planning the wedding(all aspects of it) to a vacation for our guests, activities, our honeymoon, and transportation - they do it all! I thought planning a wedding in a different country would be impossible but Meghan and her team made it so simple!!!!! And there minimum stress on us! The only thing we had to worry about was booking our own flights! :)

We had the most amazing experience, and our wedding was everything we imagined it would be... Plus more. We loved how Meghan was so organized and was able to do separate itineraries for each of our guests, and they had the options to customize their trips however they would like. Our wedding was about a month ago and I'm still getting comments from all of our guests on how AMAZING it was and how it was the best wedding they have been to! Thank you for making our destination wedding a dream come true!!!! You guys are amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent on 09/22/2015

Our Costa Rica Wedding's reply:

Felicia, I just noticed I hadn't responded on here but thank you so much for these lovely words. You have no idea how wonderful it feels to play a role in creating lifetime memories with you! Love seeing your photos on Facebook, you two have something special!!

We are in awe of how perfect Meghan and Our Costa Rica Wedding made our wedding celebration and our entire trip to CR. No detail was overlooked and the only thing we had to do ourselves after we shared our vision with Meghan was book our flights! Meghan managed all of the wedding vendors (florist, spa services, photographer) – not to mention those at the site – and picked the best of them to work with us. We were particularly thrilled with the photographer she suggested – Carlos Charpentier. Not only did Meghan give us the gorgeous wedding experience of our dreams but she also gave us the trip of a lifetime. She suggested and reserved top notch resorts, helped us with meal planning and matched and booked us with the best activities – including private transportation. She was also extremely accessible while we were in CR and even made last minute changes to our itinerary, at our request, as we learned about new things we wanted to experience. We highly recommend Meghan and Our Costa Rica Wedding for any event or trip planning in Costa Rica. Meghan far exceeded our expectations. Her business overall and her great attention to making each experience unique and individualized for her clients is absolutely wonderful.

Sherry · Married on 02/07/2015

I don't know where to begin!!! The wedding was beyond my expectations or dreams for my daughter. Everyone kept complimenting me as the mother of the bride, but I honestly did not do a thing. Meghan Cox at Our Costa Rica Wedding handled every detail during the whole year of planning and the wonderful weekend of festivities and the wedding. Every question was answered promptly. Every detail was taken care of. Meghan's style and creativity were a bonus - she truly is an artist and that combined with her expertise in wedding planning and coordination created a beautiful dream wedding in Costa Rica. She planned activities for the guest during their 4 day stay and also planned extended vacations for some guest and the perfect honeymoon in Costa Rica for my daughter and new son-in-law. Meghan was available at all times during the planning and wedding. Her staff is completely professional and worked perfectly toge

Gabrielle · Married on 02/07/2015

Every detail of our wedding was perfect. Meghan and her team were incredibly professional and went the extra yard to ensure we had the wedding of our dreams. We couldn’t imagine a better experience, the stress was taken off of us and we were able to enjoy the entire experience. I could not recommend Our Costa Rica Wedding more, they are amazing.

Our Costa Rica Wedding 6

Annie · Married on 01/19/2015

Our Costa Rica Wedding made our wedding/honeymoon trip so easy to plan, book and experience. Every detail was set for us, so we were able to enjoy every part of our trip stress free. Email correspondence was quick and efficient, and we even received a response via a phone call to a question in our room in Costa Rica! I would have been happy with the essentials, but Meghan and the staff went above an beyond to insure out special day was perfect. Both of our resorts were wonderful and exactly what we wanted! I would recommend their services a million times over.

Sent on 01/27/2015

Our Costa Rica Wedding's reply:

Aw Annie! I'm so glad you had a wonderful experience! It was so nice working with you and I can't wait to see the photos!

alice · Married on 12/03/2014

Our Costa Rica Wedding provided us with the utmost wedding and honeymoon experience. We had a fantastic photographer, excellent planned out activities, and wonderful hotel stays all through Our Costa Rica Wedding. I would not have changed one thing about our trip and wedding. Thank you to them!

Sent on 12/19/2014

Our Costa Rica Wedding's reply:

Thank you Alice! So glad you had a wonderful experience!

Lauren · Married on 11/23/2014

My husband and I just returned from our wedding and honeymoon in Costa Rica, I would just like to say that Meghan and her team made everything perfect. We did the 11 day "Just the Two of Us" elopement package, and Meghan planned almost every detail of our trip. She was very flexible in allowing me to make changes to the wedding venue and date, and in letting us upgrade rooms. Although I was a pretty "low maintenance" bride, I was still impressed in how quick she was to respond to e-mails. If you are nervous about booking a wedding planner online, let me assure you that this vendor is 100% trustworthy, and they will make your wedding and honeymoon something that you will never forget!

Sent on 12/04/2014

Our Costa Rica Wedding's reply:

Lauren, thank you so much! I'm so glad you had a great experience, but from working with you, I knew you would (and yes, you are definitely in the running for the most laid-back, relaxed bride of the year award!) I find that experiences are totally what you make of it, but we do our best to give you a great base with amazing accommodations, reliable drivers, professional vendors, and incredible adventures :) With your attitudes I'm sure the two of you have an amazing life with many, many years of happiness ahead of you!

Jackie · Married on 11/16/2014

I cannot say enough amazing things about the team at Our Costa Rica Wedding, and I couldn't have asked for a better wedding planner than Meghan. She truly went above and beyond for my now-husband and I, and the wedding in La Fortuna, Costa Rica turned out even better than we ever could have imagined.

Planning our destination wedding was made simple. Meghan showed us options for every aspect of the wedding, including tips and guidelines, suggestions, who/what was in our budget, and also offering options if we wanted to splurge in certain areas. She was easy to get a hold of, and patient while we made decisions and/or wanted additional suggestions.

The travel aspect of the trip was also made so much more simple. She dealt with all of our traveling family/friends for us, also answering their questions individually and assisting them in all of their travel needs, which took a huge load off our shoulders.

The day of the wedding, everything ran so smoothly, we had plenty of time to relax and just enjoy ourselves, which is truly what each bride & groom should have a chance to do on their wedding day. People say they are sometimes too busy on their day to really enjoy what is going on around them, and we did not feel that way AT ALL. We savored every moment, and we know a HUGE reason for that is all of the time and effort Meghan and the OCRW team put in to planning the event.

Sent on 12/03/2014

Our Costa Rica Wedding's reply:

I'm so glad to hear you say you enjoyed and were fully "present" for your wedding day! I hear that frequently and think it's a huge perk of a destination wedding, because you have the entire long weekend or week with your guests you don't feel so rushed on the day of the wedding. You are truly connecting and making memories with your friends and family that will last a lifetime, and having met you and your guests I am sure that was the case. You two did a wonderful job crafting your guests experience and your wedding day turned out beautifully. Congratulations!!

Asha · Married on 11/07/2014

We decided a small destination wedding would fit our needs best and found Our Costa Rica Wedding online. Together with the Tamarindo Diria, both our trip and big day were flawless. Our entire group of 24 traveled for a week seeing some of the best Costa Rica had to offer. Everyone in my party, myself included, were very impressed with the time and energy Meghan put in. She was above and beyond helpful to everyone's individual needs and made my destination wedding effortless, affording my husband and I the rare ability to just sit back and enjoy our trip/big day.

Jenna · Married on 07/17/2014

What can I say? Meghan and the team at OCRW are AMAZING. Not only did we get the wedding of our dreams but they helped us plan the best trip with our family and friends to Costa Rica. From the very first email, I knew that I was in good hands and any apprehension I had about planning a wedding with someone I had never met was gone. Meghan and her team took fantastic care of me and all of my guests- answering emails quickly, answering any questions we had and taking care of every little detail. We were given a variety of options for every detail of our wedding and I can't believe how perfect and beautiful it all turned out. I had several guests tell me how great the trip and wedding were and how easy it was to deal with OCRW to plan their trip. We began our trip in the Arenal area and then moved to the coast (Tamarindo) for the wedding and the remainder of our stay. It was everything we wanted and we can't wait to go back someday. When we do- I will definitely be calling Meghan for advice! Thanks again to Meghan and everyone at Our Costa Rica Wedding. We are so thankful to have worked with such a great company.

Sent on 09/06/2014

Our Costa Rica Wedding's reply:

Aw thank you Jenna! You & Jay were clearly right for Costa Rica. I swear you already had the Pura Vida in you before you even arrived. Truly wonderful working with you and I am so happy everything went so beautifully. All the best! Meghan

Sara · Married on 02/15/2014

Megan & her team at Our Costa Rica Weddings truly went above & beyond to make our day absolute perfection. I've always wanted a destination wedding but was nervous about getting the 'package deal' I've seen time and time again. I had a tight budget, huge dreams and a destination I’d never even visited before but Meghan helped me achieve everything & then some!
    From the beginning, Megan spent countless hours emailing, corresponding via Pinterest & chatting with me on the phone to make sure our 'visions' were aligned. Never once did she make me feel as though she had anything but time for me. In fact, when our 1 ½ years of planning came to a halt I not only felt like her #1 bride & priority but also her friend 
    Megan offered suggestions & enthusiasm about every detail imaginable! She sent ideas, references, maps, critiques, and even went to a specific location at a specific time of day in order to take pictures of the tides so we could better plan! From proofreading invitations and assisting with our wedding website to coordinating flight times and transportation for all 50 guests, her creativity and attentiveness helped ensure every detail was spectacular and seamless.
    Something special I hadn't planned on was Megan’s heartfelt investment in my wedding day. My mother passed away a few years ago and while there were numerous times throughout the planning process I lay awake thinking about the advice and excitement she should be sharing with me, when I needed advice Megan stepped in. If you have ever considered a planner for your destination wedding I would strongly encourage you to take the leap. I have absolutely NO doubt that hiring Megan and her team at OCRW not only saved me not money but also my sanity! There’s not a day that has passed since our wedding 4 months ago that someone hasn't told me it was the best & most beautiful wedding they have ever been to & I absolutely owe that to Megan!

Sent on 06/05/2014

Our Costa Rica Wedding's reply:

So sweet! Really, it was an absolute joy working with you. Not all brides have your clear vision and I knew from the start it would be a beautiful event. I loved your huge dreams and finding a friend in an amazingly sweet spunky bride!

Martha · Married on 02/14/2014

I am reviewing this wedding as the mother of the groom. Our son, Bryan, and his new wife, Jami decided that they wanted a destination wedding. Neither of them had ever been to Costa Rica so they researched wedding planners in CR and found this gem, OCRW. With the help of Meghan they were able to plan every detail of the wedding as well as make arrangements for all of the guests. Meghan thought of every detail: reserving rooms for all of us, arranging transportation to and from the airport and the various resorts/hotels. She planned excertions for us including ziplines, white water rafting, hiking near the volcano, a visit to the hot springs and a visit to a vintage Plantation. The highlight of the trip was the wedding. Every detail was thought of and carried out from the beautiful flowers, the officiate, live music, food, drink and a wedding cake. I know how much work goes into a wedding as I helped my daughter plan her wedding for over a year. This one was much more enjoyable as everyone just got to sit back and relax and everything was taken care of for us.
    I would also like to add that besides taking care of the bride and groom she also made each one of us feel special. She was in contact with us on a regular basis and made it clear that we could contact her at any time with questions or concerns. She was able to costumize the trip to fit our needs as some of us extended our stay. We were sent schedules and vouchers for every day of the trip. We even recieved tags for our luggage with emergency info on it in case we needed to contact OCRW or our bags were lost. It gave us such peace of mind to know we were in such good hands.
    Thank you so much Meghan and staff for making this such a stress free and memorable wedding and vacation.
    Pura Vida!

Sent on 02/26/2014

Our Costa Rica Wedding's reply:

Thank you Martha! Bryan & Jami are such a sweet couple, and surrounded with wonderful family and friends. It was a pleasure working with all of you in creating this adventure and I am so glad you enjoyed everything! Please keep in touch! All the best, Meghan

Ashley · Married on 01/07/2014

As I tried to determine what really deemed a 5-star rating from a 4-star and so on, I realized this would be an easy call. In the beginning stages of our planning, we had no idea where to even start. Meghan at Our Costa Weddings literally helped us plan the perfect elopement. OCW planned our entire trip to Costa Rica. We told her what we wanted to do and didn't have to worry about a thing. Food, transportation, everything was worry-free. Her team is incredibly responsive as we never had to wait more than a day for an email response. Infact, we missed our first flight out and after emailing the team, I received a call within 30 minutes assuring me that the transportation from the airport had all been adjusted. I can't say enough good things about OCW.

Sent on 07/01/2014

Our Costa Rica Wedding's reply:

Thank you Ashley! I am so happy your waterfall wedding went so beautifully, along with all of the other surrounding details. We find that those extra details are just as important in making the getaway truly memorable and once in a lifetime - simple things like on-time drivers and friendly guides contribute to the wedding itself being so memorable and stress-free :)