Orchid Garden Reviews

Orchid Garden 2
Orchid Garden 3

Katherine · Married on 07/27/2019

Superb Establishment!

I would recommend the Orchid Garden ONE BILLION percent! My experience working with Amy, Brittany and the rest of the puff'n'stuff team over last year has been superb! They truly care about producing the best version of your event! I look forward to working with them again for any of my future special events! Thank you so much for caring for about my wedding and always being in my corner. You are the BEST!
    P.S. I am so sadden to hear that the Orchid Garden venue is being demolished. What a miss! This incredible venue should remain for many more couples to use as it is the most awe-inspiring venue in Orlando! I am so happy I was able to have my wedding reception there!

Sent on 08/21/2019

Hello Katherine!!
    Thank you so much for your kind words. It’s compliments like yours that brighten our day.

Brittany, Amy and the Puff ‘n Stuff team works hard alongside of the Orchid Garden to ensure your day is not only magical but as special as your love for one another. Congratulations on finding Happily Ever After.

AnnMarie · Married on 05/04/2019

Loved the venue

The venue was perfect and so easy to decorate- didn’t have to get extra items or decorations! The venue was gorgeous on its own

Sent on 05/13/2019

Hello Karen,

First and Foremost, Thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special day! One of the great features of the Orchid Garden is the staircase and overall architecture of the venue. We are happy you love the Orchid Garden just as much as we do! Until next time, Cheers!
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 04/04/2019

Your dream wedding comes true here

It is the most magical venue ever!!! Our wedding was nothing short of a fairytale. We fell in love with Orchid Garden the moment Amy explained the wedding could take place on the beautiful staircase and the bridal party goes up the steps. Amy was wonderful to work with from the moment we signed our contract to the moment our wedding ended. She was always easy to get ahold of and made sure we were all on the same page. The venue is gorgeous so you don’t need to do too much to it. They offer tables, linens, center pieces, chairs (which we decided to upgrade), and all the stands we needed for our dessert bar. It really helped not having to rent all that. The day of wedding everything was beautiful and the day was flawless. I remember seeing it for the first time and falling in love immediately. We felt very lucky to have such an awesome venue to have our wedding at. All the guests loved it as well. You won’t find anywhere else like it in Orlando.

Sent on 04/14/2019
    Orchid Garden 4
    Orchid Garden 5
    Orchid Garden 6

Hello Danielle,

Thank you for all of your kind words about The Orchid Garden at Church Street and for the wonderful compliments of our staff. It was our goal to not only meet but to exceed your wedding day expectations. Congratulations on Happily Ever After!

Reenie · Married on 02/17/2019

Best Experience Ever

Amy and Brittany were amazing throughout the entire planning process! Thank you for helping to make my day perfect!

Sent on 02/20/2019

Orchid Garden's reply:

Thank you Reenie for taking the time to review your Wedding Planning Process and Big Day with us at the Orchid Garden! We could not be more happy to learn that you had a perfect day as that is what we strive for! Congratulations!

Alexandra Collette · Married on 01/12/2019

Fairy tale wedding

I had my wedding at OG on 1/12/19 and the experience was AMAZING & MAGICAL. Everything went smoothly and I cannot think of one complaint. The venue is absolutely stunning- the moment I walked inside I knew it was "it" and I am so happy with my decision. I had so many guests compliment the venue and said it looked as if it were out of a fairytale and very unique. I worked with Brittany Davis for venue and food catering coordination and she was the best! She was super sweet and prompt to respond to any of my questions and never missed a beat with updating all of my wedding needs. It was honestly the best day of my life and am so happy it was at the OG!

Sent on 01/22/2019

Hello Alexandra!!

The Puff ‘n Stuff team works hard alongside of the Orchid Garden to ensure your day is not only magical but as special as your love for one another. Congratulations on finding Happily Ever After.

Scott · Married on 10/21/2016

This place is so beautiful, everybody was so impressed!

Sent on 11/09/2016

Scott · Married on 10/21/2016

We loved the venue and so did all of our guest. The place is fantastic and photographs beautifully!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Shelby · Married on 10/16/2016

Megan was a great help and everything about my wedding was perfect from start to finish! The Orchid Garden is absolutely gorgeous and the perfect wedding venue in my book!!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Megan · Married on 04/16/2016

This venue, and Megan and Dana and the folks who run it, deserve every star and more!! I cannot say enough good things about Orchid Garden and Megan Kelley (who will act as your wedding planner, rental guru, confidante, crisis manager, reality check - whatever you need!) Orchid Garden is unlike any other venue. I frequently described it to friends as "beauty and the beast meets new orleans chic" -- and I heard gasps from guests as they walked into the venue when they saw its beauty. This is hands down the most beautiful place a bride can ever hope to get married. We chose to get married on the staircase inside, with the light shining through the venue's heavenly stained glass windows, the light of the floral chandeliers on our faces and the faces of 185 loved ones looking up at us from below. The venue has so much that makes your day perfect: from indoor options, to a brick and fountain courtyard (for weddings or cocktail hour!) to a dramatic couch area, TWO full bars (one that runs the entire length of the dance floor - my guests LOVED that!) to an entire separate room upstairs where we served our buffet dinner. And, as if the venue itself wasn't enough, Megan and the staff are nothing short of phenomenal. My fiance and I were engaged for 15 months and as an OCD, detail oriented bride (read: bossy and overwhelming), Megan kept me sane for all of it. She answered every question I had and more. Any vendor I need to meet at the venue, any measurements I needed, any detail I needed to see again, Megan always opened the door for me. Her staff including the wonderful Enqrique, the bartenders, the set up ... made everything about our day look perfect. Megan made sure our wedding day ran so smoothly. She referred us to other amazing vendors and even secured lighting last minute when our lighting fell through -- in short, she is your wedding fairy godmother and Orchid Garden is your ball. I cannot say it enough!! If you want the wedding of a lifetime, get married here.

Sent on 05/10/2016
  • LC

Laura · Married on 04/14/2016

Megan was such a pleasure to work with. Super easy going, very accommodating, helpful and did everything a planner would do! Anytime I had a request, she was right there to help me with it. Thank you for making our day so special and just all around fun! Great work!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Karen · Married on 01/30/2016

The Orchid Garden was the perfect venue for my daughters Vintage Wedding Reception. Selecting this venue was not a difficult choice, the shear beauty of the building speaks to you. We were in absolute awe when we walked in for the first time. The venue is beautiful with a combination of white iron and chandelier lighting. The long tavern bars on two levels are perfect for dinner upstairs and reception party on the first level with a huge dance floor. Our cocktail hour was on the outdoor brick pavered patio allowing for an impressive grand entrance into the beautifully decorated vestibule prior to entering the nothing less than amazing venue. Megan and the staff of Orchid Garden were absolutely wonderful. Megan fulfilled all of our requests and more. She allowed me to re-visit her and the venue many, many times prior to the event. The venue seems pricey at first, but considering all of the "included options" it works out to be on average with the majority of nicer end venues. The beverage manager worked closely with us to insure he was able to provide exactly what we needed. Everything was perfect and seamless on the day of the reception. It was clear that Megan and her staff worked with our vendors behind the scenes to make this wedding reception unforgettable and perfect. Thank you so much to Megan along with the entire staff at Orchid Garden for a perfect night.

Sent on 02/16/2016

Hello Karen,

First and Foremost, Thank you for all of your kind words about The Orchid Garden at Church Street and for the wonderful compliments of our staff. It was our goal to not only meet but to exceed your daughters wedding day expectations. We are elated that she was able to have just that. Thank you again and Congratulations!

Hallie · Married on 10/10/2015

Megan and the Orchid Garden team were AMAZING! Just one step inside this beautiful venue, and we knew this was where we had to celebrate our big day! The two story ballroom is so grand, and the outdoor space with stained glass windows made for beautiful pics! The grand, long downstairs bar was a huge element that made us fall in love with this place. We were hoping the upstairs balcony would be done in time for our wedding, but that's okay! The "getting ready" room was done and so perfect to accommodate my large bridal party so comfortably. It's not your typical ballroom, it was something different, while still being grand and beautiful! They had linens, chivari chairs, candelabras, chargers, votives, and so much more we could use that matched the venue perfectly! The stocked bar and bartenders were amazing. The real star was Megan, who helped us through the whole wedding planning process and worked wonderfully with my planner and all of my vendors.

Sent on 11/15/2015

Janice · Married on 11/08/2014

I was going to book a different venue for my wedding until I saw a flyer posted online that the Orchid Garden was being renovated and would be wedding ready by this year! I went to look at the venue and I fell in love with it immediately! I booked it right away and it was the best decision I have ever made! I didn't have any floral centerpieces other than what was provided from the package they offered and that was enough because the architecture of the venue was already gorgeous! We had 260 guests and the venue was absolutely perfect for it! The wedding coordinator, Megan, was more than accommodating to me! If I could relive the whole experience, I'd do it all over again!

Sent on 11/10/2014

Rebeka · Married on 09/24/2016

Beautiful venue and excellent service.

Sent on 11/21/2016

Nathan · Married on 09/03/2016

I cannot begin to gush enough over the Orchid Garden. They were absolutely wonderful to us. The venue was just stunning, the staff was fantastic and everything went smoothly.
    Anytime I needed anything someone was there to help fix it instantly. Everything I asked of them they did happily.
    They even let me borrow a cart to wheel out the food and gifts afterwords.
    I wish I could express enough just how magical an evening we had at the Orchid Garden but my words don't do it justice.
    I will remember our wedding there as one of the best experiences of my life.

Sent on 09/22/2016

Trisha · Married on 07/12/2014

Orchid Garden is a fabulous venue. There is nothing else quite like it in the area. It perfectly captured our vision of wanting our guests to mingle with each other. The beauty of the venue required very little decorating on our part. A few table centerpieces and we were done. Megan was very helpful and allowed us to see other wedding set ups before our big day. It was very helpful to be familiar with the space before our event. There was plenty of room for our 150 guests. It was pricey and response time was often slow during the planning process, but we loved having our wedding reception at Orchid Garden.

Sent on 10/19/2014

Erika · Married on 10/13/2017

2.5

Orchid Garden was literally the most breathtaking venue my husband and I visited when we were looking for our perfect "destination" wedding location. We wanted a venue that was different, but still incredibly elegant and would make for some gorgeous photos, Orchid Garden met and exceeded that. I hate having to give them less of a rating on responsiveness, because bottom line Megan is amazing, but unfortunately she is understaffed and it takes her a bit to get back to emails. I think it's incredibly important to be honest in my review on that, but I do beg any couple wanting to have their wedding there to be patient, when she is able to respond, she will give you what you need and then some. Megan was flexible for all of our DIY decor, every time I had to swing by the venue to measure something or make a decision on a linen or just because I wanted to brainstorm something else for the wedding, she greeted me with open arms and a huge smile, and she always felt like a friend throughout the planning process. She and her staff were friendly all night at the wedding, all of our guests raved at the service and Megan will do everything she can to make the wedding run smoothly. I loved my experience with Orchid Garden and I cannot wait to update this review and share professional photos for other couples to see how stunning this venue is.

Sent on 10/24/2017

Colleen · Married on 09/06/2015

2.0

Just got married over Labor Day Weekend and had the most amazing time! Our guests can't stop talking about the venue. Megan and the OG staff were very accommodating to our needs especially when it came down to setting up for rain alternatives. Overall, my husband and I were extremely pleased with everything and would like to thank Orchid Garden for an unforgettable experience.

Sent on 09/11/2015

Michelle · Married on 05/02/2015

3.0

We were so happy to have our wedding at the Orchid Garden! The venue is absolutely breathtaking. We had about 100 guests and there was plenty of space for everyone to be comfortable. The stained glass is gorgeous and looked awesome in pictures. I loved that we could have our ceremony outside in the beautiful courtyard but then bring it inside for the reception. Megan is super sweet and was very helpful in the weeks leading up to the wedding and on the day of. My only complaint is that she would take forever to get back to me prior to that. Sometimes I'd send an email or a text, follow up a week or so later, and still not receive a response. I believe she is the only coordinator there, so it might be helpful if they hire a second wedding coordinator so there is someone else to contact when she gets too busy. Otherwise, she was very flexible and willing to help out. The venue is super pricey, but worth it because of how amazing it is and the location right on Church Street. Beware that there are a bunch of hidden fees that aren't included in the original package price that will be revealed to you when you're signing the contract (coordinator fee, building security fee, cleaning fee, etc). That added up quickly. Overall, we are extremely happy with our experience there and everyone had a blast at our wedding!!

Sent on 05/16/2015

Natali · Married on 08/11/2017

4.2
      2.5
      3.5

Such a beautiful and unique venue, my guests are still talking about it a month later. I loved the convenience of not having to add hardly any decorations since the venue itself is beautiful on its own and already provides beautiful centerpieces, linens, elegant gold tablecloth overlays and candles.

Sent on 09/20/2017

Samantha · Married on 10/08/2016

4.2

As soon as we saw Orchid Garden, we knew it was the place we needed to get married, even though it was a little over budget. The fact that tables, chairs, linens, candles, candelabras are included is what made it OK for us that it was over budget. It is absolutely breathtaking in photographs and requires very little decoration. Megan is very nice, but busy making her not very quick to respond to emails. Only negative was that we were told there would be parking for our vendors, but because of a concert across the street, there wasn't enough spaces saved. If I were to do-over, I would have bought spots elsewhere for the vendors. The ceremony on the stairs was gorgeous. The long marble bar is so cool, and such a hit! It was a beautiful night and I would highly recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Lynn · Married on 02/26/2016

1.6
      2.0
      1.0
      1.0
      1.5
      3.0

We used Orchid Gardens for my daughters wedding. The venue is beautiful and we loved it. The problem is with the wedding coordinator services. They were very unorganized and only responsive to emails/texts the week of the wedding. Prior to that I had to wait 2 weeks for responses in addition they lost emails. They did give us a refund for the wedding coordinator costs because of the many issues we had however I would have preferred to have paid and had the services that we requested. They were very big on the promises and flexibility however on the day of the wedding many of the things we were told we would receive were not delivered. The flowers were never put on the tables in addition to the handmade reserve signs not being put on the chairs. The groom forgot the marriage license and the wedding coordinator was responsible for making sure everything was delivered the day before the ceremony including the license. The wedding coordinator never mentioned to me that this was missing and the photographer had to come to me during the reception to tell me the pastor had been sitting waiting for 2 hours to sign the license. When it was time to walk down the aisle the flower girl basket had to be hunted down by the photographer, the wedding coordinator was no where in sight. I am clearly disappointed in the services provided by Megan Kelley the coordinator however the staff that worked for her seemed to be trying to help and went out of there way to compensate for the disorganization.

Sent on 04/05/2016

Pam · Married on 07/14/2018

0.4
      0.5

The venue itself is absolutely beautiful!!! Our problems came with Puff n Stuff. When we originally booked the Orchid Garden it was owned by RTP. While we were in the planning stages it was sold to Puff N Stuff. Under the RTP contract we were able to contract out all of our vendors including the food. Puff N Stuff was responsible for the bar, setting up tables, placing small items around that the bride and groom brought in, and a Day of Coordinator.
    Here is a list of some of the blunders:
    -I could never got a correct contract from Puff N Stuff.
    -Payments were not made on schedule and they over charged our acccount.
    -The wedding coordinator NO SHOWED!
    -Bridemades bouquets were taken when they arrived and were suppose to be put at the head table. When everyone sat down the vases were empty and the bride had to ask another vender to please help her find her flowers.
    -The elevator didn’t work! We found this out the next day when we heard that our elderly grandparents had to walk upstairs!
    -Stairs weren’t roped off as promised for cocktail hour.
    -We paid for a premium bar. They poured a lower grade and told guest they were out of vodka (There were only 133 alcohol drinkers)
    -600 personalize beverage napkins were never even unboxed and were given back to me at the end of the night.
    -250 personalized koozies were purchased as favors and the bartenders were suppose to give them out. 30 min before the evening was over the bride asked where the favors were and they threw them on the bar.
    Getting things resolved has been a headache:
    -After waiting 10 days for our minimal refund check the VP promised it had been mailed.It arrived the next day with a tracking number showing the post office received it 30 min AFTER her email!
    -Deposit check per contract was to be returned 20 days after the event. Today, 7 weeks later, I am told that it’s been shredded.
    Sad they would do all of this to a bride and groom! Thankfully we had other venders for the food and set up.

Sent on 09/04/2018