Mon Cherie Catering & Events Reviews

50 | Sandy, UT

50 Reviews for Mon Cherie Catering & Events

1 User photo

Tonya · event on: 06/11/2014

Great Food and Great Service! Very easy to work with and willing to accommodate our groups needs.

Sent on 11/20/2014

Coleen · Married on 05/22/2014

We had a big wedding with lots of people that stayed the entire time. Food was excellent but didn't come out as fast as I would have liked. People had to wait in line a little too long. Everything looked beautiful and was fresh and delicious. They were easy to work with and very accommodating to our needs. I would definatley use them again and highly recommending them.

Sent on 06/20/2014

Mon Cherie Catering & Events's reply:

Coleen,

Thank you for taking the time to review our services.

We worked hard to be prepared for your event because we knew there would be a crowd. At most receptions, guests drop in at staggered times throughout the evening. What we were not prepared for was that so many guests would arrive all at once. The beef and chicken sate that were being freshly cooked for your guests in the kitchen took longer than we anticipated, that with the large amount of guests all at once at the beginning left the long lines you mentioned. (We are making adjustments to our planning after this experience)

Your husbands good-natured comments as he would drop in the kitchen throughout the evening seeing us hard at work gave us a good chuckle! Thank you for recognizing us!

Peggy · Married on 05/17/2014

Mon Cherie Catering was terrific! The whole process of planning the menu, scheduling times, and the final presentation was spectacular! Cherie was so nice and her staff was so accomodating and professional. We are so grateful for their expertise and many talents. We were able to enjoy a stress-free wedding thanks to Mon Cherie Catering.

Sent on 05/22/2014

Lindsey · Married on 05/17/2014

Cherie was WONDERFUL! So easy to work with and the food was AMAZING!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Lauren · Married on 08/17/2013

Mon Cherie catering is the best in town. You really couldn't get any better. Cherie was always listening to what I wanted. She really worked hard to make sure she was doing everything to make my wedding day perfect. The thing that I loved about Cherie is she worked hard to understand my vision and was always wiling to do whatever I needed her to do. Everyone loved my wedding and the food. I wanted my wedding to be fun and relaxing. Cherie's food was so good that this happened. I still get complements on how good the food was. She helped make my dreams come true. If it wasn't for her it wouldn't have been the best day of my life. I would recommend her to anyone. Mon Cherie catering is amazing to work with!!! I know you'll love her too!

Sent on 11/28/2013

Stevie · Married on 06/07/2013

Cherie and her staff were absolutely incredible. Starting from the planning process, she did everything she could to accommodate our budget and feed as many people as we needed to. They served over 100 people in no time at all. We had lasagna, macaroni and cheese, salad, breadsticks, green beans, brushetta and meatballs. Everything turned out excellent. We could not have asked for a better catering experience! Cherie even ran the entire event with a torn rotator cuff arm in a sling and was fabulous!

Sent on 11/26/2013

Megan · Married on 10/04/2012

Mon Cherie Catering was absolutely the perfect choice to cater my wedding. Cherie and her staff were professional, flexible, and extremely well priced. I didn't have to lift a finger on my wedding day, and the catering was perfect. We received many compliments after our event about how wonderful the food was! I would recommend Mon Cherie to anyone and everyone! They will be my first choice for any event I need catered from now on.

Sent on 11/23/2013

Andrea · Married on 09/27/2012

Wow! Words cannot express how amazing Mon Cherie Catering and the owner Cherie are. For my wedding Cherie was able to provide me with an amazing atmosphere and even better food! For my special day I wanted to be able to feed my wedding guests that would be spending most of the night celebrating with a nice full meal. Cherie was able to make a great chicken dish with all the delicious sides that I wanted. Something that was important was that the food stays hot because I have been to many weddings where the food is cold and bland. The food was nice and hot! The guests loved it! My wedding guests were also able to enjoy a lemonade slushie to drink. I was able to have 3 different types of lemonade and we put snow cone ice in it. For the reception I wanted hearty finger foods. Cherie was able to deliver with meatballs, bruschetta, veggies, and fruit! The perfect amount of food for guests to eat and snack on! One of my requests for my wedding is that I didn't want to have a wedding cake, Cherie was so great in suggesting to do a peach cobbler as the sweet treat at the end and it was perfect for September. Now for the best and most unique part of my wedding... a caramel apple bar! In Utah it is hard to be different and unique but Cherie helped me accomplish this! The apple bar allowed guests to select an apple and put some delicious toppings on top like caramel, chocolate, cinnamon sugar, peanuts, and sprinkles. Cherie and her staff at Mon Cherie Catering are so fabulous and respectable! I was able to share my vision with her and she was able to execute that and then some. The best part was how reasonable priced Mon Cherie Catering was! On a budget like mine I was unsure of what I could have at my wedding and still be nice, Cherie worked with my budget and it was such an amazing day for my husband and I. Mon Cherie Catering and Cherie was the best caterer in town with the best prices! She made my day not just another wedding but an unforgettable event!

Sent on 11/30/2013

Andrea · Married on 09/27/2012

Cherie with Mon Cherie catering made my wedding day the most spectacular day! The food that was served was amazing! I wanted to feed my wedding ceremony guests a full meal because I knew they would be the ones to stay the longest. Cherie was extremely helpful in choosing a entree that my guests could choose between chicken or beef. With that she was also instrumental in helping choose the side dishes that would excite my guests and allow them to enjoy their hot food while enjoying other people around them. Next we decided that we should have food for the reception guests to snack on during the reception. We had a live singer/performer at our reception and it was important for me to have my guests stay a while at my reception and enjoy the evening with us. Cherie helped me in discovering that food is KEY when wanting guests to stay a while and not just grab a treat and go. We had a whole variety of grazing items such as little sandwiches, meatballs, cheese plates, fruits and veggies, and bruschetta! It was an amazing sight to see so much delicious food! For dessert I did not want to have the traditional cake so Cherie helped me decide that since it was September that we should do a peach cobbler! It was so delicious and I know my guests liked having something different for dessert at a wedding. The BEST part of all of this delicious food was the interactive caramel apple bar! Cherie had thought that since it was September that doing a caramel apple bar would be a great way to highlight the season and also be a tasty treat for my guests to either enjoy at the wedding or take home for later. Guests got a precut apple and they were able to select any type of topping to put on top like caramel, chocolate, peanuts and coconut! It was the statement piece of the whole day and my guests are still talking about it! Cherie was able to make my day so unique and wonderful! Cherie helped me make my day perfect and she was so easy to work with that it was like working with family!

Sent on 12/01/2015

Natalie · Married on 09/22/2012

The buffet displays were professionally done and fit the theme of the wedding beautifully. We quickly feed hundreds of people thanks to the thoughtful way the food was arranged. Cherie's experience helped guide us through the whole process, and took a lot of our stress away!

Sent on 11/26/2013

Cynthia · Married on 11/11/2017

You will not be disappointed with Mon Cherie. Food was terrific, staff was professional and friendly. I would go with them again in a heartbeat! Had a fantastic wedding experience. Thank you so much!

Sent on 12/09/2017

Julie · Married on 11/22/2014

My daughter had a beautiful boutique wedding, in a cabin, up in the mountains during a snow storm! Mon Cherie Catering made special accomodations and not only arrived on time but were with us the whole day and created the most beautiful food presentation and served a wonderful dinner! We HIGHLY recommend the Hot Chocolate bar and specialty desserts...YUM! Their service is awesome and by the end of the day they were like family.

Sent on 12/23/2014

Debbie · Married on 08/17/2013

Mon Cherie catering did a spectacular job at my daughters wedding. The food was wonderful. The presentation of the food fit the theme of our event. She spent time with my daughter to develop a menu that best met her vision of the reception. She did a great job of making dishes to fit the theme of the reception. She really cared about helping to make this day as special as it could be. We are still getting complements on the food at the reception. The guest loved how unique the food was and that it was served warm and so fresh. She even make a plate for the bride and groom to take with them as the parted the venue. I would use Mon Cherie again and have referred her to others.

Sent on 11/25/2013

Tracy · Married on 11/15/2016

The food was great. This was the first time I used Mon Cherie and would again. This was for a company event, not a wedding

Sent on 12/13/2016

Kylie · Married on 09/14/2015

I spent over a year looking for who I wanted to cater my wedding. Mon Cherie was the first caterer I tried. I thought I could find someone just as good for a better price. To put it simply, I was wrong.

Mon Cherie helped me customize my menu until I was completely happy with it. I could not be happier with the service. Even my DJ said it was the best reception food he had ever tasted!

Sent on 10/21/2016

Cherie is just lovely to work with. She is friendly and accommodating. She knows how to work well with a stressed out bride! Her food was great, her crew was terrific....I just can't say enough good things about this company and its owner.

Sent on 01/29/2016

Mon Cherie catering provided great service for our reception. The food was SO delicious- and she did a great job of making unique dishes to fit the theme of our reception perfectly. She was very accommodating as far as helping us get the most for our money and the best value- she really cares about helping to make your special day as great as it can be- because lets face it, most everyone that goes to a wedding reception really remembers it for the atmosphere and the food that was served. Cherie served up a great menu- and all our guests loved it! We even took leftovers with us to enjoy on our honeymoon!

Sent on 05/16/2013

Andrea · Married on 12/12/2017

We used Mon Cherie Catering for a company holiday party for IKEA. Cherie and her team were extremely flexible. We had to make changes to our menu multiple times and to our headcount and they were so easy to deal with and accommodating. Cherie suggested many items to help us get the most out of our budget. The food tasted really fresh and our co-workers couldn't stop talking about how delicious it was. All the food was set up beautifully and it was easy to have our team work with theirs to create a great display.

Thank you Mon Cherie catering for the delicious and beautiful food that made our party a hit! There were quite a few staff members of hers there and it seemed like we could have done with less staff but we would still use them again.

Sent on 04/13/2018

Cherie was wonderful throughout the wedding planning process. She frequently gave us advice and suggestions (which were sorely needed) and worked around our limited budget. She built a menu around our specifications and when she couldn't make a specific ethnic dish she worked out a deal with a local restaurant even though she could not profit from the transaction. I would recommend her to anyone who needs an event catered... no exceptions.

Sent on 11/30/2015

Peter · Married on 02/17/2018

Mon Cherie was great to work with, but not for a wedding. They were able to come up with a plan to serve appetizers at a family function on a relatively short notice. All three items (meatballs, mushrooms and bruschetta) were delicious and plentiful. They were professional and helpful. I'd be happy to use them again in the future.

Sent on 04/17/2018

Haylen · Married on 07/27/2014

They were great! Food was delicious and plentiful, Cherie is a great person to work with and her staff worked really hard. Our venue wasn't the easiest place to work in but they did a great job. Thanks!

Sent on 08/07/2014

Claire · Married on 06/04/2016

3.0

Cherie is great! I was a little nervous along the way because she can seam a bit scatter minded but in the end everything was just as planned! She really worked with my budget (we just did desserts and salad) and made the wedding day stress free.

Sent on 06/22/2016

Anne M. · Married on 02/28/2014

3.8
      3.5

I absolutely loved working with Cherie. She was delightful and very attentive to my questions and wishes.
    The service and presentation was a 10. However, I would give the food a 6. We loved the pork Cherie served us at our tasting. But the pork at our wedding was different. Instead of having the brown sugar crusted taste, it was dry and looked like it was basted in mustard. I really thought it was a different recipe. But the salad was wonderful!

Sent on 07/16/2014

Mon Cherie Catering & Events's reply:

Anne Marie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and bring your concern to our attention. I also appreciate the kind comments.

I want to apologize that the pork that was served was not what was promised. You had conveyed to me in our meetings how important the quality of food was to you. I understood this and worked very hard to make this a top priority.

Typically, I am completely in charge of the cooking for all events. Your event of 300 guests for a sit down buffet dinner required experienced oversight and I thought it best to hire an experienced person to oversee the cooking so I could focus on the entire event. We had taken ample time prior to that evening to train this individual for this particular event, and provided specific direction on how important the quality of the food was to all of us. I agree that the pork dish that was served did not meet your expectations... or ours. Unfortunately, this individuals performance on a few events, including yours, was not been at the level we would expect of ourselves for our clients and is not longer with us. I am truly sorry.

I greatly appreciate the warm and sincere thank you phone call you made to me the day following your reception as well as the thoughtful thank you and gratuity that you sent to all the servers that worked that evening. You are a class act and I would sincerely like the opportunity to work with you professionally again in the future.

Randi · Married on 09/23/2017

2.5
      3.0

It was a bit hard to get ahold of her. My guests seemed to enjoy the food.

Sent on 10/21/2017
  • User5525186 · event on: 07/20/2014

1.0

Mon Cherie has a wide variety of item selections. They are willing to spend the time to work with clients to get the best value for their money.

Sent on 10/14/2015