Melissa Mercado Photography Reviews

57 | Cancun, MX

57 Reviews for Melissa Mercado Photography

Leticia · Married on 02/23/2017

Melissa was the best photographer and I am so happy I went with her for our special day. From the first time I emailed her about interest in using her she was quick to respond and always so wonderful to coordinate the day with. Once our wedding day arrived she ensured that I felt relaxed and smiled. She captured all the right moments. The coloring in the photos was amazing. You can't go wrong using her.

Paul · Married on 04/15/2016

Planning a wedding is stressful, picking Melissa as our photographer was the best and easiest decision we have ever made. She made the our wedding day so much fun and playful, which is EXACTLY what you want with a photographer. She cares so much about you as a couple that she makes sure your personality is shown through your pictures. She is absolutely amazing!!!

ashley · Married on 02/26/2016

Melissa goes above and beyond to help you prepare for your wedding and her photos are stunning! Her enthusiasm and passion are contagious! We used her for both engagement photos and wedding photos and would highly recommend her!

Allie · Married on 12/12/2015

Melissa made the process of selecting a photographer from a far a piece of cake! I was struggling to find the perfect photographer for my destination wedding in Rivera Maya, Mexico until I emailed Melissa. After the first correspondence she made me feel at ease and was quick to respond with all of the questions I had. She also gave me amazing tips to help me prepare for my big day. When she arrived on my wedding day I felt like I had known her for 20 years, I gave her a big hug and she got to work! The entire day she floated around us capturing the day perfectly. She covered all of the important wedding shots and left the rest to her amazing creativity. The photos turned out better than I could have ever dreamed of! All of my friends and family always make comments on how amazing the photos are. She was truly a dream to work with and I would recommend her to any bride or really anyone looking for amazing photos a hundred times over.

Marc · Married on 12/05/2015

Melissa is the best!! Not only did our wedding photos turn out incredible, but she is one of the most wonderful and warm people I have ever met. Despite a missing shuttle bus (which she helped track down), torrential rain, and resulting delays she kept the day positive, fun, and moving. She really adapts to the couple she is shooting to ensure that you have the experience and images you want. Our whole family was so impressed that my sister partially chose to also have her wedding in Playa so she could work with Melissa! We cannot wait to see her again in Fall.

I cannot recommend her or her work highly enough. We initially booked a different photographer and after an awfuk engagement photo shoot which resulted in hilariously bad photos we were lucky to be referred to her. Her portfolio impressed us and as soon as we met on skype we knew she would make our wedding a better day-- and she did. Hire her immediately to ensure not only beautiful photographs of your wedding, but a wonderful experience overall.

Marissa · Married on 11/12/2015

Absolutely AMAZING!!! It is to hard to put into words how incredible Melissa is! She is the best you can get on so many levels. Melissa is so talented!! Her pictures are STUNNING!!! Aside from being an incredible photographer she is awesome to work with! Leading up to the wedding she was always available to answer any questions by phone or email (even when I was annoying and asking questions unrelated to photography). The day of our wedding she was so cool and sweet and fun to have around. My friends LOVED her and her team. I had a very large traditional Jewish wedding with over 200 people. This was all new to Melissa and she was amazing. It was very crowded and hectic and she was always there getting amazing shots. I can't stop looking at the pictures since she sent them, they are just so great! Everyone keeps telling me how amazing Melissa was and how great the pictures came out. Pictures were one of the only things I really cared about and Melissa's pictures were better than I could have imagined!!

I wish I could say enough about Melissa!! I had asked my wedding coordinator who would be the most fun photographer, and she instantly said Melissa! At that point, it was a no brainier to hire Melissa. From our first conversation, to every email, to finally meeting her, she was FUN!!! I cannot tell you how at ease I felt when Melissa came to our hotel room where we were getting ready, and simply walked in, and gave me a HUGE hug! I knew right then, that she was going to capture our day perfectly! She was so great to work with, and listened to all wants/needs we had. Her eye for great shots is so amazing! Thank you Melissa for adding so much to our day!!

Maggie (Murphy) Resech

Desiree · Married on 05/27/2015

My love and I rented a private villa for our immediate family and close friends. We wanted our wedding photos to be honest and intimate, a true record of our day. Melissa, along with Santi, went far beyond providing just that. In fact, their absolute kindness and cheer contributed to the overall vibe of the entire day. Having them there was like having an extra couple of guests who constantly keep the party going. Our photos turned out absolutely stunning. Having seen her photos of other couples’ weddings, and knowing what it is we asked for, it is absolutely clear that Melissa has an uncanny ability to listen to her clients and deliver photos that illustrate their occasion in a manner that is uniquely tailored to tell the story of each individual couple. My husband and I could not be more satisfied with Melissa’s work and even hope to return to PdC again for babymoon or anniversary photos in the future.

Melissa · Married on 05/23/2015

Words cannot begin to describe the amount of gratitude that I have for Melissa Mercado. I was planning a destination wedding in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico and I found myself disappointed by the quality of the photographers that I came across until I found Melissa. I loved how her photos seemed to capture he true essence of her clients wedding day experience. I love that the photos captured were true moments, instead of ultra-staged and expected images. When we first spoke she wanted to get to know my husband and I as a couple, which was so refreshing. You could really tell that understanding her clients was important to her and that connection with her clients is apparent in her photos.

We knew that we had found a photographer, but what we didn't realize was that we found a gem. Melissa not only helped with all our photography needs, but she became our wedding consultant as well. Helping refer many venues to host the wedding in Mexico as well as referring other vendors for us to work with. She helped ease the anxiety that comes with planning a destination wedding.

Lastly, when my husband and I decided to cancel our destination wedding due to personal reasons, Melissa was extremely gracious and agreed to travel and photograph our wedding in Chicago. She came to Chicago a few days before the wedding, familiarized herself with the city and captured the city as well as she does any beach in Mexico. We were so pleased with her work, and the work of her second shooter Santiago. We really do wish her nothing but success and look forward to the opportunity to work together again in the future.

If you're looking for a passionate photographer with a knack for detail and an eye for capturing the right moment, Melissa is your gal!

• Andrea

Andrea · Married on 05/20/2015

Melissa was AMAZING! Her pictures are fabulous. I can't say enough about how fantastic the experience with her was. As a plus-sized bride I was very worried about how the pictures would turn out, and these are amazing! I look fantastic in the pictures and she really captured my family too.
    Melissa is worth every penny I spent and I would hire her again in a second.
    Santiago was also an amazing photographer on his own and as a team they were great.
    It was a pleasure to have them and everyone had a fabulous time

Dawn · Married on 05/14/2015

This review is long overdue, but I wanted to make sure Melissa gets the credit she deserves. My husband (then fiancé) and I booked Melissa for our engagement pictures in Akumal, Mexico in 2014... Best. Decision. Ever. I really don't even know where to start... from the moment I first emailed Melissa, I knew I would like her. She was responsive, personable, and answered all of my annoying questions in a timely manner. She was even better in person. She really took the time to get to know me and my fiancé and did amazing job capturing our vibe on camera. When we got our pictures back, we were beyond happy; Melissa's talent and creative vision are second to none. Had we decided to get married in Mexico, we would have undoubtedly used Melissa as our photographer. I cannot recommend her enough! Thanks again Melissa... love from Minnesota!

Maya · Married on 05/10/2015

Really enjoyed working with Melissa and her assistant. The photos are full of emotion and character! We love them! I felt they did a great job capturing those unique moments and they were very easy and flexible to work with.

Vanessa · Married on 03/18/2015

My husband and I found Melissa online and decided to contact her after seeing her photos and wedding packages. We eloped in Mexico and really wanted to have someone document our special day and help coordinate an officiant. We had a wonderful experience and NO stress leading up to or wedding and on our wedding day. We decided to go with the cosmic ceremony, which I highly recommend! It was such a beautiful ceremony and such a wonderful experience. If we had to do it all over, we would not change anything. Thank you so much Melissa for arranging and capturing our special day PERFECTLY!!!!

Robin · Married on 01/24/2015

Melissa Mercado went above and beyond our expectations. I have been part of many weddings, and I have to boast that our photographer had the best personality of anyone's! Her wonderful personality is matched by a dedication to professionalism and making sure her client has what she wants and needs. Melissa quickly understood what we were looking for and seemed to "get" us (this is probably due to years of experience and having "seen it all!"). In addition to providing wonderful service on our wedding day, she acted as a liaison with our other vendors, including our videographer and site staff, was on top of timing, and generally made our day care-free. Having a destination wedding is not without its complications, and I was very grateful to be able to rely on her for thoughts and advice leading up to the wedding. She was consistently quick to respond to e-mails, which put me at ease as we got closer to the wedding. After the wedding, she kept in contact with us to let us know when to expect delivery of the photographs. I could not be more pleased with how our photographs turned out. I'd highly recommend Melissa Mercado. I also have to mention Santiago Gabay, her second shooter on our day. He was equally professional and had exactly the warm and kind vibe you want to be near on such a special day.

Sent on 05/29/2015

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Robin + Thomas were my dream clients. So comfortable int heir own skin, so plugged into their day, and so full of love. They visioned having fun, they did and we captured it!!! Thank you from the bottom of Santiago + My's heart for asking us to be along for this part of your ride. Check out Robin + Thomas' wedding here: http://bit.ly/RobinThomasWedding

Coburn · Married on 12/12/2014

Photography was one of a few things that were important to me when it came down to planning details. We loved Melissa and would book her again! She was professional, fun, & sassy. She was able to capture some great photos of our family in a creative yet natural way. If you are getting married in the Riviera Maya/ Cancun area you should definitely consider her as an option.

Barbara · Married on 12/06/2014

Hiring Melissa was probably the single best decision we made when planning our wedding. She made us feel so comfortable and relaxed. She is positive, gracious, caring and intuitive. Her photos are to die for. She made us look AMAZING. She is so talented and creative and she caught such natural, beautiful moments. When we return to the Riviera Maya we plan on having her take more photos. Our guests even raved about how wonderful she and her team were. She is extremely professional and her website and billing process was a breeze. I loved the fact that she tried to get to know us as much as possible before going down to Mexico. Ultimately, she took gorgeous photos and was extremely kind and easy to be around. What more do you want in a wedding photographer?

• Y

Yinka · Married on 12/05/2014

Melissa was such a great fun to work with. She puts so much enthusiasm and passion into her work! She captured out 3 day wedding celebration story so beautifully. I will go back and do it all over again(thankfully I have the wonderful pictures so I can!). Looking forward to anniversary photo shoots with Miss Mercado!

Cathy · Married on 11/28/2014

Melissa is such a great and artistic photographer! We will def be hiring again for our 5 yr wedding renewel!!

Amy · Married on 11/19/2014

Melissa's photography is truly Amazing! Our wedding photos were so unique and natural - none of the typical tired posed shots. Every shot was easy and natural. Her playful easy energy was infectious - We loved spending our special day with her. Our photos are truly gorgeous! I seriously can't say enough! We get loads of compliments every time someone sees our pictures. She did a Perfect job of capturing our love, friendship, our style and energy in our photos. Our story really comes across. We absolutely loved her work and were blown away by our photos! For my bouquet I sent her a photo I found on Pintrest having no idea if she could even find anything close - she presented me with a near exact replica of the bouquet image I sent her. The only difference was hers looked even better than the photo! Thank you Melissa!

Sent on 04/06/2015

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

I am so blessed that Amy + Ian trusted to me to pull off their day. Not only did they trust me to capture the moment, but also to bring the details of the how, when and where. It's such a dream to understand people on this level and give them the space to unite. I thank you guys for this much trust and love. Happy to give it right back!!! http://bit.ly/AmyIan

Alison · Married on 11/01/2014

Melissa is absolutely amazing! We got married in November 2014, and the pictures are ao incredible you almost feel like you're back in Mexico as you look at them. They made us relive one of the most magical nights we will ever have.

Melissa has such an infectious personality and you totally feed off her energy. As she was rolling around in sand, climbing on lifeguard towers trying to get the best shot, I thought "the chick is the real freaking deal!" We could not be more pleased with how everything came out. She is incredible!

After seeing our pictures, there are so many moments that Melissa caught that we're absolutely priceless! Thus, making Melissa worth every penny!

Sent on 02/14/2015

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

My sweet darling Alison! Thank you from the bottom of my heart for trusting me with your day. I send you and that hunky man of yours all the hugs Mexico can muster. http://bit.ly/AlisonIanWedding http://bit.ly/AlisonIanTTD

Morgan · Married on 10/26/2014

We were very pleased with her work! She made the whole process easy!

Sent on 02/24/2015

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

I wish you and Chris a lifetime of the sweetness you shared with us on your weddign day! http://bit.ly/MorganChris

Linsey · Married on 10/17/2014

Melissa was absolutely wonderful. I would not hesitate to recommend her to anyone. She does beautiful work.

Sent on 02/24/2015

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Linsay - thank you for shraing your love with everyone you encounter. You are a lively group and so much fun! http://bit.ly/LinseyChris

Jyoti · Married on 10/12/2014

My husband and I got married in Riviera Maya in October 2014. We found Melissa through a friend and we are SO thankful that we did! She is extremely talented and catered to my individual needs. Her photographs are gorgeous and artistic and her energy is contagious. She engaged the crowd, she made recommendations, and was even able to recommend other vendors that we needed such as a videographer, and AV company. She was flexible and extremely easy to work with. Getting married in a foreign country was made easier with the help of Melissa. I am so thankful to have found her to photograph my special wedding day. If anyone is getting married in Mexico, you shouldn't choose any other photographer other than her! I wish she lived in Atlanta so she could be my photographer as my family continues to grow.

Sent on 01/16/2015

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Thank you Jyoti for sharing such a wonderful moment in your life with me. i'm honored to have been a part of your fun and couldn't be more tickled-pink with all of the love you have in your life!!! Can't wait to see the new additions come in and help make sure those moments are recorded too! Check out Jyoti + Dustin's Wedding Here: http://melissa-mercado.com/gallery/jyoti-dustin-azul-sensatori-wedding/

Tamra · Married on 07/02/2014

Melissa is a one in a million photographer!!! She was super accommodating and has a wonderful vibrant & fun personality. We hope to go back to Mexico next year and have more pictures taken with her. The boudoir session we did to surprise my husband turned out so much better than I had anticipated (given my lack of complete self-confidence) she was able to pull it out of me despite my total nervousness. Let's just say is was more than a little "surprised".

Sent on 11/10/2014

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

Bless your heart Tamra! Thank you for trusting me with your Boudie Session and even more so far asking me to help coordinate your Elopement. I loved getting to know you and that handsome man of yours and hope you'll come adventure again. Check out Tamra + Jason's Sweet Elopement Ceremony here: http://melissa-mercado.com/gallery/tamra-jason-playa-del-carmen-elopement-wedding

NIcole · Married on 06/28/2014

I had an excellent time working with Melissa Mercado for my wedding in Cozumel, Mexico. Although I am from NJ, it was very easy to communicate things I wanted for my special day. I would highly recommend her and her team for any photography events. Super fun, helpful and has a lot of great ideas. My wedding pictures came out fantastic and just as I had imagined. Very professional and has a creative eye for details.

Sent on 11/04/2014

Melissa Mercado Photography's reply:

To my Fabulous Fashion Diva + her Handsome Photographer - Thank you thank you thank you! Thank you for such a wonderful weekend of creativity, beauty and wonderful laughter. I can't wait to see you Playa-side for your anniversary next year! Check out Nicole+Der'rells wonderful wedding weekend here: http://bit.ly/NikyluvsRell http://bit.ly/NikyRellTTD