Matt Shumate Photography Reviews

11 | Spokane, WA

11 Reviews for Matt Shumate Photography

• Ali

Ali Norena · Married on 09/14/2019

Booking matt = best decision!

Matt was hands down one of the best decisions my husband and I made for our wedding. Matt was so easy to work with and captured the most beautiful moments of our wedding day. Matt was never intrusive and  we didn't even notice him taking photos. Many guests commented on how professional and out of the way he was. Matt made us feel at ease throughout the day and we can not think of anyone we would rather have with us for such intimate and special moments.

By the end of the night Matt truly felt like a friend and guest at our wedding. When we received all of our wedding photos Matt had already gone through and selected the best photos for us. It was so nice to not have to go through that overwhelming process of trying to decide which picture is the best. It was amazing to see all that Matt was able to photograph and it was very impressive that one person was able to capture so much. I truly do not think you could find a nicer person or better photographer. We cannot recommend him enough or thank him enough for the moments and memories he was able to preserve for us on our wedding day.

Sent on 10/30/2019

Misty · Married on 12/18/2015

Matt is not only a very talented photorapher, he is very entertaining! He has a way with communication that makes you forget you are taking pictures so he gets beautiful natural photos. He also uses his baseball skills to get some very unqiue pictures! You'll have to ask as I don't want to ruin the surprise!

He was great at rounding up family members and getting the shy kids to interact with and smile at the camera.

Matt also went above and beyond the call of duty to actually drive my husband and i to the venue after some location shots and then helped me with a project I had for a brunch after the wedding. His package deals are very competitive and a great value.

To wrap up, Matt has a great understanding of composition and lighting. In a world of blown out photos, he captures rich and beautiful light and color. We highly recommend him!

Sent on 12/23/2015

Matt was incredible. From our first engagement session through our entire wedding day. We are thrilled to have hired a photographer with such talent and great dancing skills!

Sent on 10/18/2015

Photography was a big one for us when planning our wedding, and both my now husband and I absolutely adored Matt from the moment we met him. I am not sure words do him justice, simply looking at his photos do. Matt is the most dedicated, fun, creative and skilled photographer!

In addition to being an amazing photog, Matt breezed us through family photos, took detail shots without even being asked and kept us at ease (read: me, the bride) the whole day. We just got our photos back and as we flipped through them realized that he is like a photography ninja -- there is a shot from the back of the ceremony, then there is one from the front -- he moved around the whole time, capturing our wedding from all views. His photos tell our wedding day story so beautifully (I'm tearing up just thinking about it).

There was no set time limit, which meant he came for getting ready and stayed through our party. While some photographers might tell you, "your friends have iPhones, they can take party pictures for you!" We had such a great time through the night and the professional party pics are some of the best! Knowing he was there to capture it from beginning to end put us at ease.

I would also say, that while our opinion is the most important, we have had so many compliments on our photos that it's unbelievable.

Sent on 05/04/2015

tifany · Married on 02/20/2014

BRIDES, LOOK NO FURTHER. MATT IS YOUR GUY TO CAPTURE YOUR SPECIAL DAY! We were lucky enough to have the honor of having Matt Shumate shoot our engagement and wedding photos. GOOD PROFESSIONAL photographer will recommend spending time with the bride and groom prior to the wedding day to establish a relationship and getting used to getting pictures taken. He did that and It worked!!
    He put everyone at ease and joined in on the jokes and fun. He's funny and still very professional and responsive. He was there to capture every moment but somehow stayed in the background so we forgot he was there! Not to mention he can cut a rug on the dance floor! Even though his computer crashed, we got our images back to us earlier than promised.
    He did an amazing job in capturing our week long celebration leading up to the wedding day, the wedding, and the day after in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Our family and friends are still admiring the pictures he took and commenting on how AMAZING our wedding pictures looks.
    We can’t stop looking at all our wedding pictures. We knew he would do a wonderful job, but was blown away by the shots he got. He truly love what he does because we saw the excitement he had while taking pictures. He made us feel very comfortable with trusting him as our photographer, made himself available to us for meetings, and offered suggestions for day-of coordination. Thank you soo much Matt, for creating images we will enjoy and cherish for a lifetime!

Sent on 03/28/2014

Alyssa · Married on 09/06/2013

Matt was our favorite vendor on our wedding day! He kept everything running smoothly, he had fun with us, he was the the life of the party on the dance floor, and his work is so artistic and beautiful! Matt Shumate goes above and beyond the duties of a wedding photographer! We are so grateful and blessed that we were able to have Matt shoot both our engagement photos and wedding day and look forward to using him in the future!

Sent on 09/21/2013

Rebecca · Married on 08/03/2013

Matt was AMAZING!! I wasn't sure what to think with a photographer following us around for a day but he was entertaining, put everyone at ease and made the whole day fun. He had all the kids in the wedding laughing and more than happy to pose for pictures. When other vendors fell short he would pick up the slack and made the day run smooth. I am so glad that he was able to be the photographer for our wedding, the day would not have been the same without him!

Sent on 08/19/2013

Lisa · Married on 02/22/2013

Matt is so talented and very professional. He was there to capture every moment but somehow stayed in the background so you didn't even notice he was there. I can't say enough great things about him!

Sent on 03/13/2013

Can not go wrong!! We loved him! He is a little more expensive, but you definitely get what you pay for. He is so nice, patient and professional all while still having fun. We were very fortunate to have him as a photographer and will use him in the future if possible.

Sent on 09/09/2012

AMAZING. We were lucky enough to have the honor of having Matt shoot our engagement and wedding photos. He is absolutely incredible, not only as a photographer, but as a person as well. Matt has such a great style of photography and comes up with poses and ideas I would never have thought of. I never felt rushed or uncomfortable. Matt was absolutely amazing on the day of the wedding, arriving on time (even before me!) and staying all day, making sure to capture every moment perfectly of the entire day, extremely thoughtful and complimentary it was truly a blessing to have him there, he helped keep me calm and reassured. We Got our images back to us earlier than promised. There is not a negative thing to say, except my husband and I were honestly sad that we won't be seeing him again since our wedding is over, perhaps when we have kids we will meet again with him for a family shoot! If you are debating on a photographer, look no further, Matt Shumate is your guy! I only hope you are searching far enough in advance that he will be available for your special day.

Sent on 10/30/2012

Catherine · Married on 07/02/2016

Matt went above and beyond for is. Flexible, smart and our pictures were unique and beautiful. Worth the money for an amazing photographer.

Sent on 01/22/2017