Luna Bakery & Cafe Reviews

33 | Cleveland, OH

33 Reviews for Luna Bakery & Cafe

2.5

Our wedding cake was AMAZING! It tasted great and was beautiful. The only negative about this vendor is that the response time was a little delayed in my opinion but otherwise everything was perfect!

Sent on 01/03/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/18/2011

3.5

Bridget was great to work with. The tasting was so fun, and she was very professional. She had pictures and even example cakes to help us with ideas as we did not know what we wanted. We ended up getting both a cake and cupcakes, which were delicious.

The cake ended up looking a little plain, but the cupcakes looked terrific and elaborate, so maybe it just looked a little boring in comparison.

The only negative thing I would say was that Flour Girl was late in setting up on the day of my wedding. Guests had already arrived and it was our start time and they had not yet set up the cake and cupcakes.

Sent on 07/05/2011

Lauren · Married on 07/21/2017

they are really understanding to what you want.

Sent on 03/03/2017
  • Ana

Ana · Married on 06/30/2012

3.5

Our original wedding cake and dessert bar vendor decided to close up her business and returned our deposit 5 months before our wedding. I love love loved our original vendor, so it was hard to find a vendor to live up to those expectations. For 2 months, I met with at least 4 different wedding cake vendors. None were quite what I wanted. I was prepared to settle for one of those vendors, when I discovered Luna while doing some random last chance googling.
    My fiance ended up being out of town for our appointment with Bridget, so it was just me. However, Birdget had made up a box for me to take home so that he could try it. A whole another tasting to go! Such a change from other vendors, who want to charge money for even one person to do a tasting. The tasting was arranged in a way I really liked. There were multiple types of unfrosted cakes and little scoops of differnt frostings, so that you can mix and match flavors. We ended up having the almond cake with mocha buttercream filling and lemon cake with strawberry filling at the wedding. We would not have chosen those combos if not for the way the tasting was set up.
    Because I was also having a dessert display, Bridget brought out a tray of various pastries and cookies for me to try. She even brough out 2 full cupcakes. She wanted to make up an extra box of these for my fiance, but I wouldn't let her. There was already do much. She was extremely generous at the tasting.
    We ordered a cake for 100 and a dessert display for 200. At the initial meeting and in email afterward, I made it clear that I wanted a pink buttercream cake with white piping. My cake was gorgeous and beautiful, but it was all white. The white piping became lost on the white backdrop. I was disappointed about that. However, both the cake and the dessert bar items were amazingly delicious, which is the most important thing to me. So yummy.
    I must say that sometimes Bridget was slow to respond to emails. Also, it seemed that at times Bridget and her assistant were not in communication with each other. The right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing. I also asked for a detailed invoice twice in the weeks leading up to the wedding, but never received one.

Sent on 07/27/2012

Ronald · Married on 05/25/2014

3.4
      3.5

We initially really liked Luna. Our tasting was amazing all the flavors were excellent. We chose a cake style and color my wife particularly wanted fondant and some silver in the flowers. When our wedding day came the cake showed up all white with some green and yellow in the flowers and no fondant. My wife about had a conniption. When we finally got a hold of the baker (which took 1 week after the wedding), she refunded us a portion of our cake cost and made us a free cake (which was nice since we got only 2 bites at the wedding). All of this being said the cake itself tasted good and guest liked it.

Sent on 06/04/2014
  • User2208789 · 2+ years ago

3.4
      3.0

We originally chose a different bakery for our cake, but it closed during our engagement and luckily we were able to get our deposit back. We then met with two other bakeries and chose to go with Luna because we loved the almond cake even though it was the most expensive choice. We worked with Libby and had some difficulty getting the contract done because she was slow to respond to emails and was never available when we called. We had this issue a few days before the wedding as well when the invoice emailed to us was wrong and had trouble getting a response to fix the invoice before we made the final payment. It made the days leading up to the wedding more stressful than necessary. Once it was finally worked out, things went smoothly. As far as I know the delivery went as planned. Unfortunately, we didn't get any cake at the wedding because it was served at the tables, but after the caterer removed our table to open the dance floor. We were really looking forward to having our top tier of almond cake when we returned from our honeymoon. It was disappointing to cut into it and find it wasn't almond cake, but another flavor. I hope we will be able to enjoy our favorite cake flavor for our anniversary cake.

Sent on 07/17/2013

Kayla · Married on 05/30/2015

1.5

Our cake tasting and communication with Brynn and Anna before our wedding was amazing. We loved the flavors and the fact that we were buying from a locally-based business owned by women. The theme for our wedding was vintage travel. We had given the designer, Anna, a number of pictures and settled on having our middle tier be decorated as a map. I was SHOCKED at how horrible the cake turned out. The middle tier looked like it was filled with a bunch of blobs; it was impossible to discern that the blobs were in fact countries. Overall the cake looked like it was better suited for a Sweet 16 birthday party, than an expensive wedding cake. I was extremely disappointed by the look. Luckily, we cut it early and had beautiful dessert bar, so I don't think many people noticed. The one upside, was the cake tasted good. We haven't heard anything from them since the wedding.

Sent on 07/14/2015

Alix · Married on 07/21/2018

1.6
      3.0
      0.5

Great product, terrible customer service. Used them for my wedding cake, and while the cake was amazing, dealing with Brynn -- company's employee responsible for event orders -- was nothing short of a headache. For example, she scheduled the consultation meeting for us, and when we arrived at the store, she was nowhere to be found. She had completely forgotten about the meeting, and we wanted over an hour for her to get to the store. She then had a lame excuse as to why she was late, rather than just fess up and admit she has forgotten about the meeting -- terrible way to start off the process. Brynn was then almost completely unresponsive to our emails -- we would have to follow-up numerous times to get any response from her. The icing on the cake was when she tried to overcharge us and we had to bring the issue to her attention. Luna is lucky that it makes great cakes, otherwise I would have gone somewhere else due solely to Brynn's extreme incompetence.

Sent on 08/05/2018