Wendy Kromer Confections

714 Wayne St., Sandusky, OH 44870 Map · Phone number

About Wendy Kromer Confections

Wendy Kromer Confections is a cake design studio devoted to creating exquisite wedding cakes, decorated cookies and edible wedding favors, using quality ingredients. The Client is my "Art Director", and I work to turn their vision into cake! As a small business owner for the past 20+ years, I understand budgets, and will do my best to help meet your Wedding Cake Budget.

I am co-author of the book "Martha Stewart's Wedding Cakes" , and since 1995, I've produced hundreds of wedding cakes for Martha Stewart Weddings magazine; as well as many of the decorated cookies, cakes & sugar related stories in Martha Stewart Living/TV,/Macy's and past catalogs. Other publications & TV programs I've contributed to: Baking with Julia; Colin Cowie Weddings; Bon Appetit; Birchbox; People; In Style; Woman’s Day; Williams-Sonoma, Oprah.

Although I've done many projects for large corporations, I love making specialty cakes for Weddings, Birthdays, Anniversaries, and small parties.

Small cakes for birthdays, small weddings, anniversaries etc., start at $4.50/serving. Naked Cakes start at $5/serving. Custom Cakes start at $6/serving, with a minimum of $150. I am happy to work "false tiers" into cake presentations, if that helps the client keep their costs down (guests not served from the presentation are then served from "Slicing Tiers" starting at $3.75/serving). For potential orders that will meet a $500 minimum, clients have the option of coming in for a Tasting appointment. Tastings run $35, and are for 2 people. This fee is deducted from final Cake costs if we work together.

During the Holidays I make beautifully decorated gingerbread & sugar cookies, fruitcakes, and specialty shortbreads. All are available for purchase at my "Holiday Shopping Event" or via special order.

A little more info:

-B. A. in Fashion Design & Merchandising

-Paris-based Runway Model (10 years). Worked with designers & choreographers in Europe, Asia and U.S.

-1994 Pastry Arts graduate of the Professional Pastry & Baking program at Peter Kump School of Culinary Art in NYC (now known as the Institute of Culinary Education).

-Contributing Editor for Martha Stewart Weddings since 1995

-Co-Author of Martha Stewart’s Wedding Cakes (Clarkson Potter, 2007)

-Teach Cake Decorating skills worldwide

-Craftsy.com Instructor

A little more info, if you are still reading:

-Hobby: restoring our 1890 Victorian home and B&B, a home which has been in my family since 1961

-Trekked the Himalayas

Naked & ruffles w/fresh floral
Naked & ruffles w/fresh floral
Fondant w/sugar flowers
Fondant w/sugar flowers
Naked, fresh florals &"copper"
Naked, fresh florals &"copper"
Buttercream w/sugar flowers
Buttercream w/sugar flowers

17 Reviews for Wendy Kromer Confections

• Louise

Louise · Married on 10/01/2016

Holy Cake!!! We absolutely loved out wedding cake done by Wendy....Not only did it look beautiful it is the best cake I have ever tasted ( I'm not joking it was amazing)!!! Our cake tasting day was also very pleasant and everything that we had mentioned that we liked or didn't like allowed for Wendy to help us pick out the best cake for both of us. She is extremely talented and personable. Don't let that there isn't a store front to look in stop you from checking her out she is amazing!!!

Sent on 11/13/2016

Wendy Kromer Confections's reply:

Thank you, Louise! It was a pleasure meeting & working with you all! I have to admit, the flavors you picked out are some of my favorites (especially the Chocolate Stout & Almond Cakes)!

Tracy · Married on 07/09/2016

The cake testing with Wendy was fun & informative. She not only designed the wedding cake, which was stunning, she also made a "surprise" University of Dayton cake since the bride & groom were both UD grads. Both cakes were delicious (highly recommend the dense almost cake) and had great detail. The cake was so flavorful and buttercream filings and icing were perfect. She is very professional and easy to work with.

Sent on 08/22/2016

Wendy Kromer Confections's reply:

Thank you Tracy! It was so fun working with you, Stephanie, and the terrific event planning "team" you assembled! I loved your ideas & energy, and most of all your sense of humor! The Wedding was absolutely stunning!

We gave Wendy a picture of a topper cake that we wanted to use for our wedding cake that featured a beach setting. Wendy found the two wooden beach chairs for the top of the cake and made sandals, shells, beach fence, etc out of a sugar mix and colored it to look real. It was an amazing looking cake but the best part was the moist vanilla cake with layers of raspberry frosting !! She also made cupcakes with frosting in Peanut Butter, White Chocolate, and Buttercream Vanilla which everyone loved. She did everything on time and was very responsive with updates. I would highly recommend Wendy.

Sent on 06/29/2016

Wendy Kromer Confections's reply:

Thank you! We had fun making your Wedding cake & cupcakes!

Award

Wendy Kromer Confections FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding cakes with buttercream frosting (per slice, without tax)? $ 6.00
  • What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)? $ 6.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake? Top Tier of the Cake
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)? $ 3.00
  • What services do your prices include? Consultation, Custom Cake Design, Set Up, Tastings - Private
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cake Pops, Cakes, Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake
  • What cake items do you provide? Cake Stands
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Nut Free
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Yes

• Shi Shi Events - Wedding Planning and Design
    Shi Shi Events - Wedding Planning and Design Wedding Planners

I love working with Wendy! The artistry in her cakes is incredible and she is always so accommodating to my clients. She offers a wide range of flavor profiles in her cakes and fillings and I've never tasted one I didn't like. She's absolutely worth the trip to Sandusky!

• Crowning Celebrations
    Crowning Celebrations Wedding Planners

When my clients choose Wendy Kromer confections, I know they are not only choosing great style and design, but taste! Wendy’s design and craftsmanship is top notch! Her cakes are conversation starters and will keep your guests talking for years! Not only are they sweet to look at, but excellent tasting.

• Invite Design
    Invite Design Wedding Invitations

Wendy is not only one of the world's premier cake designers, she is also a wonderful, kind, down-to-earth person who is great to work with. I have had the opportunity to work with her several times over the years, and she has always exceeded my expectations of design and professionalism.

• 714 Wayne St. Sandusky, OH, 44870 See on map