714 Wayne St., Sandusky, OH 44870 Map · Phone number

About Wendy Kromer Confections

Wendy Kromer Confections is a cake design studio devoted to creating exquisite wedding cakes, decorated cookies and edible wedding favors, using quality ingredients. The Client is my "Art Director", and I work to turn their vision into cake! As a small business owner for the past 20+ years, I understand budgets, and will do my best to help meet your Wedding Cake Budget.

I am co-author of the book "Martha Stewart's Wedding Cakes" , and since 1995, I've produced hundreds of wedding cakes for Martha Stewart Weddings magazine; as well as many of the decorated cookies, cakes & sugar related stories in Martha Stewart Living/TV,/Macy's and past catalogs. Other publications & TV programs I've contributed to: Baking with Julia; Colin Cowie Weddings; Bon Appetit; Birchbox; People; In Style; Woman’s Day; Williams-Sonoma, Oprah.

Although I've done many projects for large corporations, I love making specialty cakes for Weddings, Birthdays, Anniversaries, and small parties.

Small cakes for birthdays, small weddings, anniversaries etc., start at $4.50/serving. Naked Cakes start at $5/serving. Custom Cakes start at $6/serving, with a minimum of $150. I am happy to work "false tiers" into cake presentations, if that helps the client keep their costs down (guests not served from the presentation are then served from "Slicing Tiers" starting at $3.75/serving). For potential orders that will meet a $500 minimum, clients have the option of coming in for a Tasting appointment. Tastings run $35, and are for 2 people. This fee is deducted from final Cake costs if we work together.

During the Holidays I make beautifully decorated gingerbread & sugar cookies, fruitcakes, and specialty shortbreads. All are available for purchase at my "Holiday Shopping Event" or via special order.

A little more info:

-B. A. in Fashion Design & Merchandising

-Paris-based Runway Model (10 years). Worked with designers & choreographers in Europe, Asia and U.S.

-1994 Pastry Arts graduate of the Professional Pastry & Baking program at Peter Kump School of Culinary Art in NYC (now known as the Institute of Culinary Education).

-Contributing Editor for Martha Stewart Weddings since 1995

-Co-Author of Martha Stewart’s Wedding Cakes (Clarkson Potter, 2007)

-Teach Cake Decorating skills worldwide

-Craftsy.com Instructor

A little more info, if you are still reading:

-Hobby: restoring our 1890 Victorian home and B&B, a home which has been in my family since 1961

-Trekked the Himalayas

Naked & ruffles w/fresh floral
Naked & ruffles w/fresh floral
Fondant w/sugar flowers
Fondant w/sugar flowers
Naked, fresh florals &"copper"
Naked, fresh florals &"copper"
Buttercream w/sugar flowers
Buttercream w/sugar flowers
dsci3251 51 33094

19 Reviews for Wendy Kromer Confections

1 User photo

• Madison

Madison Monheim · Married on 09/14/2019

Best Wedding Cake!

Bottom line upfront: You would be doing yourself a favor by choosing to work with Wendy for your event!

We worked with Wendy for our wedding and she did nothing but exceed our expectations. We met with Wendy in January for our taste testing and she had all of her butter creams, fillings, and cake options available for us to try. I am gluten free and Wendy was able to provide GF cake options not only for the wedding cake, but also for the tasting. About a month or two before the wedding I threw Wendy a curve-ball, asking if she would be able to not only make the wedding cake gluten free, but also dairy free AND soy free. Without hesitation she stepped right into this challenge, delivering THE BEST gluten free, dairy free, and soy free wedding cake I may have ever had. Although I did not have the regular (gluten-filled) cake, our guests were raving! Wendy also made a small GF, DF, SF anniversary cake for my parents.

Wendy was a joy to work with! She is incredibly wise and knows what she is doing. My husband is in the Army and there was a point in our wedding planning where we 90% sure we had to change our wedding date. Wendy shifted gears quickly and ensured us that this was not going to be an issue. Low and behold, we did not have to change our date, but Wendy supported us along the entire journey!

Cake Flavors:
    1) White Butter Cake with Buffalo Trace Bourbon Buttercream, Dulce de Leche, and Vanilla Buttercream
    2) Chocolate Porter Cake with Raspberry Buttercream, Raspberry Preserves, and Raspberry-infused Ganache

GF, DF, SF Cake:
    Vanilla Cake with Buffalo Trace Bourbon Buttercream and Caramel Buttercream

Suprise GF, DF, SF Anniversary Cake:

We love you Wendy!!

Sent on 10/18/2019

Wendy Kromer Confections's reply:

Madison, it was a pleasure to make your & Dean's Wedding Cake! Thank you so much for asking me, and for your lovely review! My Best Wishes to you and Dean... and a big "Thank You" to Dean for his service to our country.

Courtney Cobb · Married on 04/27/2019

Great Experience, Great Cake!

We went to Wendy with just a rough idea of what we wanted and she helped us perfect our vision and think through things we never considered. The cake fit perfectly with our vision and the entire wedding. Plus, it tasted AMAZING! We received so many compliments from guests and couldn't wait to eat our pieces and the leftovers.

Sent on 05/30/2019

Wendy Kromer Confections's reply:

Thank you Courtney! I enjoyed meeting you, and working with you on the design your Wedding Cake was a great pleasure. So happy you and your guests enjoyed the cake! Best Wishes to you & Greg!
  • Louise

Louise · Married on 10/01/2016

Holy Cake!!! We absolutely loved out wedding cake done by Wendy....Not only did it look beautiful it is the best cake I have ever tasted ( I'm not joking it was amazing)!!! Our cake tasting day was also very pleasant and everything that we had mentioned that we liked or didn't like allowed for Wendy to help us pick out the best cake for both of us. She is extremely talented and personable. Don't let that there isn't a store front to look in stop you from checking her out she is amazing!!!

Sent on 11/13/2016

Wendy Kromer Confections's reply:

Thank you, Louise! It was a pleasure meeting & working with you all! I have to admit, the flavors you picked out are some of my favorites (especially the Chocolate Stout & Almond Cakes)!

Award

Wendy Kromer Confections FAQ

$ 6.00
    $ 6.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake?
    Top Tier of the Cake
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?
    $ 2.85
  • What services do your prices include?
    Consultation
    Custom Cake Design
    Set Up
    Tastings - Private
  • What types of desserts do you provide?
    Cake Pops
    Cakes
    Cookies
    Cupcakes
    Dessert Buffet
    Groom's Cake
  • What services do you provide?
    Consultations
    Custom Design
    Delivery
    Setup
    Tastings - Private
  • What cake items do you provide?
    Cake Stands
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate?
    Gluten Free
    Lactose Free
    Nut Free
  • What special ingredients do you use?
    Local
    Organic
  • Are you licensed by the state health department?

• Shi Shi Events - Wedding Planning and Design Wedding Planners

I love working with Wendy! The artistry in her cakes is incredible and she is always so accommodating to my clients. She offers a wide range of flavor profiles in her cakes and fillings and I've never tasted one I didn't like. She's absolutely worth the trip to Sandusky!

• Crowning Celebrations Wedding Planners

When my clients choose Wendy Kromer confections, I know they are not only choosing great style and design, but taste! Wendy’s design and craftsmanship is top notch! Her cakes are conversation starters and will keep your guests talking for years! Not only are they sweet to look at, but excellent tasting.

• Invite Design Wedding Invitations

Wendy is not only one of the world's premier cake designers, she is also a wonderful, kind, down-to-earth person who is great to work with. I have had the opportunity to work with her several times over the years, and she has always exceeded my expectations of design and professionalism.

• 714 Wayne St. Sandusky, OH, 44870 See on map
    (Phone number)
    Location of (Wendy Kromer Confections)