LUKIN PHOTOGRAPHY Reviews

LUKIN PHOTOGRAPHY 6
LUKIN PHOTOGRAPHY 7
  • Valerie

Valerie Hickey · Married on 10/08/2019

Thrilled with wedding photos!

Mike is the best! We couldn't be happier with the pictures from my daughter's wedding! Mike's eye for detail and getting the right angle is impressive. His camera equipment is excellent, because the pictures are vibrant, full of detail, and so clear! I also love the pictures he took where he blurred the background. They are so cool! He took all the pictures we requested, and even some we didn't think of asking for (ie: a distant shot of our reception at night, with the moon in the background). Before the wedding, he asked us to send him pictures of the look that we were going for. (We wanted a rustic, outdoor look). Somehow, the pictures he took were even better than the examples we sent him. How is that possible? My daughter is thrilled with the pictures, which is the most important thing. We would definitely recommend Mike Lukin Photography!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle Van Allen · Married on 04/27/2019

A Great Photographer That Will Fit Your Budget

Mike is a true pleasure to work with. He has a unique eye for beauty and settings. He does all he can to capture what makes your day special to you from big-picture moments to small candid shots. Mike loves love, and it shows in his work. He spent extra time on our day and our pictures are exactly what we wanted. The best part is that his prices are very competitive and will fit both large and small budgets.

Sent on 08/13/2019
    LUKIN PHOTOGRAPHY 8
    LUKIN PHOTOGRAPHY 9
    LUKIN PHOTOGRAPHY 10
  • Sam

Sam Reinhardt · Married on 03/30/2019

Best choice I made for my wedding was hiring Mike Lukin :)

Best decision I ever made was hiring Mike for my wedding. He goes way above and beyond to get the perfect shot every time. He never stops moving/shooting and knows how to work the positions, lighting and people to make every picture the best it could be. Look no further for the best wedding photographer you could find!! He is patient and accommodating with all the different pictures wanted. I don't have enough kind words to thank Mike for what an amazing job he did with my wedding.

Sent on 05/29/2019

Heather Bartow · Married on 03/02/2019

Phenomenal Photographer

I am so very happy that we went with Mike for our wedding photographer. He is such a joy to work with and took the most amazing photos. He is very responsive and upfront from the get go. He hides nothing and is very honest about his style and what is included. The day of he was great about getting the two page of photos I sent him ahead of time ( I know I know) as well as photos I wouldn't even have thought of. He drove all the way from the Sacramento area to Berkeley for our wedding. I also had a crazy bride dream to hike and climb a tree.....in the rain on my wedding day and he was totally supportive and amazing about it all! After the wedding he also sent us our whole album of photos ahead of schedule! It took so much research to find him but I'm so happy I did and would not have chosen anyone else. As a side note he is also way more affordable then the quality of his photos would suggest.

Sent on 03/31/2019
    LUKIN PHOTOGRAPHY 11
    LUKIN PHOTOGRAPHY 12

John P · Married on 03/02/2019

Simply Art

I love the photos Mike comes up with. When we were searching for a photographer I told my wife to pick out some vendors and show me some of their work. I had done wedding videography in a previous life. When she showed me Mike's photos I knew he was the one. The framing, the contrast, the dark blacks and intense use of depth of field to only have what matters in focus. These pictures don't happen with a point and shoot. Isn't that what you are after, photos that look professional. So we picked Mike and we asked if he would be willing to go to the tree I proposed at for some pictures after the ceremony. He said yes and when it started to rain he didn't hesitate, instead he smiled and began taking these awesome photos of us with our umbrella. When we got to the tree he became giddy with the photographic opportunities. By the end we were ready to leave and he wanted to keep his creative juices flowing lol. That's what you want, a photographer with professional photos and is eager and talented to get the awesome shots. Just take a look at his body of work. Here’s Lukin at you.

Sent on 04/01/2019
  • Raechel

Raechel · Married on 08/18/2018

Highly Recommend Mike!!!

First, Mike takes amazing photos and we were so in awe to receive the many amazing images he captured of our day. But most importantly, Mike was friendly and flexible. Could my Dad drive him to the hotel across the way for the toast they were planning--yes, no problem. Could he wait for a moment because we were having a snafu with my dress--yes, no problem. My friends were amazed that Mike got the photographs he did at our wedding ceremony because they could not recall him even being there! Lastly, Mike is a talented photographer for the price he offers. He came from Sacramento to Lake Tahoe to photograph our wedding at the Edgewood, without extra cost to me. He also will be sending us a USB of all our images-- several more than I even expected! I highly recommend Lukin Photography!

Sent on 11/19/2018
  • Giuliana

Giuliana and Brian Clark · Married on 08/11/2018

Outstanding Work

His work is superb. He is creative and very accommodating to our needs. I had a hard time looking for a photographer for our wedding but he makes it easier for us. I highly recommend his work. Thank you.

Sent on 12/14/2018

Jaimee · Married on 06/16/2018

Mike has such an amazing perspective!

I can't say enough amazing things about Michael Lukin! Michael is an extremely talented photographer. He was super responsive from the get-go, is so talented, friendly, super organized and was very flexible. He is extremely professional and has a beautiful artistic eye. He truly cares about capturing every special moment, and providing memories that will last a lifetime. He did such a great job, was totally open for opinions on what kind of photos i wanted to take. He took our wedding photos on what felt like the hottest day of the season and worked his butt off without a single complaint. We ended up with dozens of great photos to choose from! So grateful to have him with us on our big day!

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Dinielle

Dinielle Lysak · Married on 06/10/2018

Amazing Photographer to capture our special day

Mike photographed us for our Engagement photos as well as our wedding photos. Mike was easy to contact and very organized. His password protected online gallery makes it so easy to for you and your guests to access the photos. We are beyond happy with his work and talent! His photography style is so unique yet we felt very comfortable being photographed. His photos tell a story and really captured the moment and our emotions. He also does amazing editing that really makes the photos stunning.
    Our engagement photos were taken in Old Sacramento. We walked around the area finding beautiful backdrops in the most ordinary and hidden places. My husband and I have quite the height difference and Mike knew all the poses, angles, and tricks to make our pictures look balanced and beautiful. We used those photos for our save the date and invitations.
    Our wedding photos are also so gorgeous, we are so in love with them! Mike photographed our entire wedding, from the morning getting ready, first look, ceremony, reception, to the last dance. He was a champ working long hours and didn’t miss a moment! He took wonderful candid shots really capturing our most special moments throughout the day as well as group photos and photos at each table (we had 29 tables!) making sure we had pictures with every guest! He also took artistic and detailed shots of our rings, accessories, table settings, ceremony décor, and cake which we are so happy to have.
    We highly recommend Mike for all the special moments in your life.

Sent on 12/13/2018
    LUKIN PHOTOGRAPHY 13
    LUKIN PHOTOGRAPHY 14
    LUKIN PHOTOGRAPHY 15
    LUKIN PHOTOGRAPHY 16
    LUKIN PHOTOGRAPHY 17

Nelya · Married on 01/06/2018

Great Photographer for a great price! We got married in January and had Mike Lukin take our photos and they turned out amazing! He is very professional and does a phenomenal job! Mike is easy going and I loved all the insight he gave us based on his personal experience. We are very pleased with his work and are recommending him to all our family and friends! Give him a try, you won't regret it.

Sent on 03/29/2018

Alanna Oaks · Married on 01/06/2018

Simply the best!

This review is far overdue, but still fresh in my mind. At first I didn’t write a review because there is just no way to explain in words how great Mike Lukin is at what he does. But, it’s time to try because his talent should not be kept a secret.

I have had the pleasure of Mike being the photographer at two weddings I’ve been in—one was mine, and the other was my best friend’s. (He was also the photographer for my best friend’s sister’s wedding—we really love him!)

I had a low budget DIY Lake Tahoe wedding, that I planned from North Carolina. I do not recall how I came across Mike Lukin, but as soon as I saw the photos on his website I wanted him as our photographer. We didn’t talk until the day before my wedding. I remember this conversation because we connected immediately and he told me about how he wanted to do photos the next day as well, because, as he said, he “wanted to continue to capture our story.” I was overwhelmed getting ready for the wedding day, but after meeting Mike in person on the day of my wedding I knew he only cared about “capturing our story” and he was the perfect person to do it!

On the day of the wedding, Mike Lukin was the perfect sidekick to our family and friends, so much that he felt like a family friend. You can tell just by looking at his photos that Mike cares about capturing your big moment, from the smallest detail to the whole event. He made sure we were enjoying our big day, reminding us to take a breath, smile, be in the moment, and let our guard down so we could experience it all fully. He was supportive to stress of a wedding, but his attitude is so light and jovial you can’t help follow his suggestions and feel more at ease. He has a way with people, making the wallflowers laugh and dance and finding a way to bring out the happiness in everyone. At the same time, Mike is invisible. He was careful to let us enjoy our family and friends uninterrupted, but caught all of the tender hugs and dances in photo.

We had a private photoshoot the day after our wedding, with just Mike. It was such a wonderful, sweet experience, being newlyweds in a quiet space in Lake Tahoe. Some of my favorite photos are from that shoot, and we even have them framed. Mike did an excellent job capturing the laughter and commotion of our wedding celebration, but he was also able to immortalize our first day as Mr. and Mrs. with such expertise. Whatever your photography needs, I am sure Mike is the one you want.

I cannot say enough that I am thrilled we had Mike at our wedding. He went to great lengths to make sure we a) enjoyed the day and b) had the best photos of our best day. He was fun to be around. He’s hidden when necessary, but if you spot him you’ll surely see him with a big smile, making everyone else around laugh or dance. Mike is so much more than just a wedding photographer. I wouldn’t want a wedding without him!

Sent on 05/27/2019

Kathryn · Married on 12/29/2017

I am so happy that we hired Mike to be our wedding photographer. He was very accommodating of our requests and worked incredibly hard throughout the entire day to capture every detail and moment. We just got our photos and there are so many good ones its nearly impossible to choose a favorite. It is clear that Mike loves what he does and he will do his very best to give you the wedding photos of your dreams!

Sent on 03/23/2018

Stephanie · Married on 10/01/2017

If I could give 10 stars I would. Mike blew my expectations out of the water. He was with us our entire wedding day but he was behind the scenes.

He knew what photos he wanted to take and was incredibly professional. He rangled the family for photos and was just amazing. Simply amazing.

I booked Mike because I loved the style of his photos in his portfolio. I never imagined having photos like those for our memory book. I was literally in tears looking through our online album. I cannot wait to have them printed!

I could go on and on about these photos and their beauty.

TEN stars for Lukin Photography

LUKIN PHOTOGRAPHY 22
    LUKIN PHOTOGRAPHY 23
    LUKIN PHOTOGRAPHY 24

LUKIN PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

Stephanie, thank you so much for your testimonial! I'm still in awe of your beautiful wedding!! You and Joe are such a gorgeous couple! It was my pleasure to take pictures and celebrate your wonderful wedding with you and your amazing guests!!! So much fun and joy! And Vizcaya location was just a great addition to the whole picture. Absolutely Stunning Wedding!!!

Stephanie Culton · Married on 07/17/2017

Amazing Wedding Photographer!!

I absolutely love my wedding photographs taken by Mike Lukin on July 17, 2017. We had a family emergency the morning of the wedding and Mike was totally flexible and put my mind at ease. He captured the essence of our day just beautifully and I will cherish these pictures for years to come. Thank you Mike!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Diana · Married on 07/07/2017

Mike was my photographer for my wedding day. He is truly amazing and knows exactly what he is doing. He is professional and I recommend to listen to him while taking pictures you will love every single shot you'll get back. He captures, the most special moments and he makes sure to give you perfect work! Book him , his rates are amazing and his work is truly art ! Thank you Mike !!!

Sent on 11/01/2017

LUKIN PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

Hi Diana! I can’t thank you enough for your kind review of Lukin Photography! It was such a pleasure to capture your beautiful and fun wedding. You and Michael are such a gorgeous couple! Thank you again for sharing such a positive experience. It means the world to me. Enjoy those beautiful pictures! - Mike

Cat · Married on 06/30/2017

What an amazing wonderful day, Mike was so awesome and totally worked with our crazy awesome ideas and family , he truly captured the happiness, love, and joy we all had!!! 5 months later and I still can't help going through all the pictures... having some fun ideas, Mike knew right away how to capture the fun amazing pictures we were looking for, we had too much fun and these memories will last forever!

Sent on 11/11/2017

LUKIN PHOTOGRAPHY's reply:

Hi Cat! Thank you for your review of LUKIN PHOTOGRAPHY service. Everything was so great and beautiful on your wedding day and the day before, I'm happy that I was a part of your event! You guys were Amazing!! Your family and the guests were super fun to work with! Lake Tahoe Bleu Wave boat tour and Heavenly Mountain Resort wedding location just added more fun and excitement to your unique wedding day!! Thank you, Cat and Brad!!!

Roselle · Married on 03/14/2017

I had the most amazing wedding photos. All thanks to Mike! He was very good and knows what he is doing!

Sent on 03/12/2018

Justine Salamy · Married on 11/21/2018

Wedding pictures

He did an amazing job. The pictures came out awesome. We could not be more happy. We got the pictures fairly quickly.

Sent on 02/28/2019