Larry Lynch and the Mob Reviews

51 | El Cerrito, CA

51 Reviews for Larry Lynch and the Mob

Gwen · Married on 09/29/2012

Larry Lynch and the Mob are AMAZING! We absolutely cannot say enough good about them. They played for ~3 hours at our wedding and the dance floor was packed the entire time. They are very high energy, seem to really enjoy what they do, and that makes a big difference to the atmosphere they create. They can play everything from Sinatra to "Call me maybe" to Flo Rida, and make it sound great. Our guests all raved about what a good time they had dancing, everyone from 5 year old kids to our parents and grandparents. They were also super easy to work with. We were at a venue they had never been to before, but they showed up early, and set up just how we wanted them to.

If you're looking for a band for your wedding, look no further.

Sent on 10/27/2012

Danielle · Married on 09/22/2012

Larry Lynch and the mob are sooo talented! I'm so glad I went with a band instead of a DJ. Everyone loved them! Even my grandparents were up and dancing all night!!

Sent on 10/07/2012

Larry Lynch and the Mob played at our wedding and they truly MADE the party!!! Honestly, from the first song they played, the dance floor was popping and was sooo fun. Dozens of our guests commented that they were the best wedding band they had ever heard (which I couldn't agree with more) and two of my friends who were at our wedding have already talked with Larry Lynch about playing at their wedding! On top of this, Larry is incredibly responsive, accomodating (including learning particular songs that we requested), generous, hard-working and easy to work with. He was my favorite of the vendors we worked with and made the wedding incredibly stress-free. I couldn't recommend them more highly!!!

Sent on 10/21/2012

Larry Lynch and the Mob were fabulous! We had a smallish wedding, only 110 people, and I was afraid due to the small size that no one would dance. Turned out the floor was packed all night and some of our guests never left the dance floor. Larry and the Mob made it a fun night for all and I couldn't imagine any other band could have done a better job. Our guests (of all ages) couldn't stop talking about how great the songs were that they were playing and how easy they were to dance to. If you are in need of a band for any event, you should book Larry Lynch and the Mob...you will be so happy you did!

Sent on 09/01/2012

Melissa · Married on 08/19/2012

Without sounding biased, Larry Lynch and the Mob is the best band I have ever heard at a wedding. I booked them based on the wonderful reviews I read online. I was a bit nervous at first since I did not have a chance to hear them live (as we live across the country). After hearing the first song however, I did not regret my decision! The band had the most amazing energy and kept everyone dancing throughout the night (even during dinner). Our guests kept telling us how awesome our band was and how they nailed each song. We even asked them to learn two songs for us and they played them perfectly!

I did not want the wedding to end so I could keep hearing them play. I would highly recommend!

Sent on 08/25/2012

maureen · Married on 08/04/2012

When we began planning my daughter's wedding I suggested Larry Lynch and the Mob as I had heard them a few months prior at my friend's wedding. My daughter and I went a watched a rehearsal and she was sold. Our wedding was just a few days ago and I have received so many comments about how much everyone enjoyed the music. I feel like it definitely made the wedding. I highly recommend them, you won't regret it.

Maureen Grech

Sent on 08/07/2012

Mike · Married on 07/21/2012

These guys and gal are great. We went through close to two dozen bands before we found Larry Lynch and the Mob. It's hard to find a group these days that just has that natural talent to them and they got it. Listen to their recording, it's awesome. And believe it or not they sound better live!!! Very professional , curtious, flexible, and affordable. They made our wedding very special. The band was the talk of the night. I've never met a harder working band. I can't say enough good things. Thanks again Larry.

Sent on 08/09/2012

Candy · Married on 07/06/2012

I just have to tell everyone that I come in contact with how great Larry Lynch and the Mob was at our daughters Wedding. There were all professional and having a great time entertaining us. Our guest couldn't say enough about the band. They said they were the best band they have danced to at a Wedding. There were also very mellow and went with the flow of our flow during the Wedding. Highly recommend this band! Can't wait for my Son to get married in 10 years!

Sent on 07/26/2012

Catherine · Married on 06/23/2012

We really wanted to have a band at our wedding - but we were on a tight budget. We decided to go check out them out at a rehearsal and we LOVED them. They had a ton of personally and we were so impressed - they could do ACDC and Frank Sinatra! Perfect! They offered to learn our first dance (a country song) and they sang it perfectly - right on target to match our dance. The band was in contact with my fiance about letting a friend of mine who plays the base play a few songs with the band. My friend is 12 and is blind - he plays in a few bands and is a great. But what a surprise for me to see him up there with Larry Lynch and the Mob - and I think it made his night too! Everyone was on the dance floor all night - exactly what we wanted!
    We were so pleased with the band, the price, the songs.....I highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/03/2012

Megan · Married on 03/31/2012

Larry Lynch and the Mob were amazing! They made the entire night enjoyable for all ages and were even flexible in playing recorded music during their band breaks so that the dancing never stopped. They are worth every penny and will make your wedding stand out above the rest! I wish I could get married all over again just to hear them play.

Sent on 04/17/2012

Lindsey · Married on 02/19/2012

I booked Larry and the Mob for my wedding based on a recommendation from a family friend and I could not be happier with the outcome. Larry and his band absolutely rocked the faces of everyone in attendance! The band has a great mix of energy that kept the dance floor moving the entire night. Larry's playlist is very comprehensive and we went with a mix of classic rock and soul with some fun covers and everything was executed perfectly.

From the start, Larry was incredibly easy to work with and extremely professional on the wedding day. I highly recommend Larry for anyone looking to liven up their wedding without breaking the budget.

Sent on 04/11/2012

A lot of girls have a great deal of vision of what their wedding day should be like, I only had one, I wanted to dance the night away with my family and friends. My Mother did most of the planning for the wedding, but the one item I was in charge of was picking the band. After listening to each, going through song lists and asking my questions, I chose Larry Lynch & the Mob and all my dreams were exceeded by you and your band. I want to thank you for the time it took to learn our first song, being so flexible when I called the day before to let you know the last song, "Bless The Broken Road" when you told me that it couldn't happen since you hadn't played in it a little while, but you willingly said you would practice it just before the reception and you made it happen. The night was made because of you and the talent of your band. My guests had such a wonderful time on the dance floor and it made my night when they chanted "One more song" at the end of the night....which Larry Lynch & the Mob deserve a lot of credit. Thank you and the band for starting the new chapter in my life with dancing the night away! The diversity of your songs, energy of your band and willingness to learn new songs made it such a pleasure to work with you. I am already getting requests for renewal of our vows, I will be sure to look up Larry Lynch & the Mob for that celebration.

Thank you! I can not say that enough for making my wedding night so special and the wonderful memories I will have for a lifetime!

Sent on 11/01/2012

Doug · Married on 09/17/2011

Larry does all my weddings (1985 and 2011)! He and his band are awesome--versatile first class musicians, good people and they'll play all night. I'm done getting married (right honey?), so you need to hire these guys for your event now!

Sent on 02/13/2013

Michelle · Married on 08/27/2011

Larry Lynch and the Mob played at our wedding on August 27th at Healdsburg Country Gardens and we could of not made a better choice. The band was enthusiastic, accomodating and brought their A game. They had everyone on the dance floor from parents, to friends and even my 86 year old grandmother and her friends. The band played the largest variety of music from pop, to 80's, to motown and Sinatra. I have never been to a wedding where the dance floor was more crowded and the everyone said to my parents and I "where did you find them. They are awesome!" I absolutely want to throw a party just to have the band play again. Thank you to Larry Lynch and the Mob for making our wedding day extra special and for keeping the party going all night long.

Sent on 09/14/2011

Diane · Married on 08/06/2011

We had a wonderful time at our daughter's wedding dancing to Larry Lynch and the Mob. They played a variety of songs from all eras and everyone was dancing! Our guests loved the band as well. We highly recommend them.

Sent on 08/09/2011

Sarah · Married on 08/06/2011

Larry Lynch and the Mob were wonderful to work with for our wedding. Not only did they help customize the day for exactly what we were looking for, but they absolutely rocked! We got more compliments on the music than nearly any other feature of the night. People loved it and danced until the very end. They also learned two new songs - one for our first dance and one for the final song of the night. The final song was a bit quirky and they completely nailed it. It was the perfect ending to the evening and we couldn't have done it without them. Larry was really easy to work with and very responsive to all our calls and emails. Would love to use them again for another event!

Sent on 08/20/2011

Dave · Married on 07/30/2011

Larry Lynch and the Mob made our wedding at Auberge AMAZING! What a phenomenal band! We had so many compliments throughout the night, everyone kept saying how they were the best wedding band they have ever heard. There were people on the dance floor the ENTIRE night, young and old. They truly exceeded our expectations and made our event one of the most memorable for everyone in attendance.
    I would highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/17/2011

Elena · Married on 09/25/2010

Larry and his team were a super-pleasure to work with prior to our wedding, and the night of. We actually went on hearsay that the band would do a great job, and we received multiple compliments during the night and afterwards for the FUN time the band provided.

Larry was very responsive to all questions and requests, and had everything perfectly organized prior to the wedding. I had no fear that he was going to do exactly what we asked. The night of the wedding, he told us that if we had any other special requests that they would happily honor them. We simply let them play: we had given them a guide of songs/styles and they read the crowd and the energy perfectly. The band played or first dance, and then my dance with my dad, but they were happy to allow a recorded song for my husband and his mother, who wanted a special Italian tune. They played just enough of all eras to keep the wide-range of ages groups and tastes (from Grandmother to parents to friends) totally happy and on their feet. I'll never forget my dad running into me on the dance floor, pumping his hands in the air (this is how he dances) and saying, "I'm TOTALLY pleased!! Great party!!"

Larry Lynch and the Mob are a great value. They overexceeded our expectations and were reasonably priced for what they provide. I always wanted to have a live band for my wedding, but the venue limited us to no more than 6 people. Larry's team lacks no energy or sound found with a larger band. They were appropriately dressed, they dont MC or say goofy things, and they are respectful that it is YOUR night. AND, best of all, they looked like they were having fun!

Sent on 12/29/2010

Kris · Married on 09/04/2010

Larry and the crew were absolutely fantastic! We were able to listen to them perform live for us even before deciding to go with them. During wedding preparation, we picked our first dance song and Larry provided us their version of the song to which we were able to practice. They were absolutely professional prior and during the event. The music was great and always appropriately in sync with the events during the evening (intro, dinner, dance). It was fantastic entertainment for us and the guests. We can highly recommend Larry Lynch and the Mob. Thanks again, Larry!

Sent on 10/01/2010

elena · Married on 08/07/2010

It was clear to us that Larry Lynch and the Mob was going to give a wonderful performance at our wedding reception after we went to their rehearsal to check them out. The band has a happy and engaging vibe and it was enjoyable to listen to them playing. They were so into performing, every member was a plus to the band. They are passionate about what they are doing.

Larry Lynch and the Mob made our reception a wonderful party. Many of our guests later on shared w/ us that they've had so much fun. The music played by Larry Lynch and the Mob got our guests on their feet on the dance floor and the evening was just too short. We were so happy on our wedding evening for Larry Lynch and the Mob created an absolutely fun evening for us and for our guests.

Larry also did something very special for our wedding. He did the narrative of the Chinese Tea Ceremony accompanied by Chinese traditional music while we did this tradition at our reception. The vocal narrative helped our guests to learn more about this traditional Chinese ceremony thus made the ceremony more informative and enjoyable to all guests. Larry was flexible, accommodating and supportive when I brought to him such an above-and-beyond request.

Overall, we loved our band for their exceptional performance on our wedding day and we recommend this band for your special occasions.

Sent on 08/16/2010

Susan · Married on 05/16/2009

Larry Lynch and the Mob were fantastic! They kept the crowd very entertained and I loved every minute of our reception because of their music. I only wish we could have had them play longer!

Sent on 09/12/2009

Charlene · Married on 04/12/2008

My husband and I were really pleased with the band we chose to play at our wedding. Larry Lynch and the Mob did a wonderful job. The dance floor was busy most of the night. Post-wedding, a lot of people told us how good they thought the band was and commented on the wide range of music they played. One friend emailed me and wrote, "That drummer had the best voice."

We had a great time and having Larry Lynch and his band as part of our celebration was a big part of it. Not to mention, Larry is just a genuinely nice guy, which we always like.

Our feet were so sore from all the dancing we did!

Sent on 04/18/2008

Corinne · Married on 10/05/2007

They were the best part of my wedding. Everyone was on their feet and dancing the entire time. They even learned a song for My husband and I to dance to. I loved Larry Lynch he took such good care of me and my guests.

Sent on 10/18/2007

Kevin · Married on 10/18/2014

Larry Lynch and the Mob rocked the house! The entire wedding was up dancing the entire night and everyone I spoke to told me they were one of the better bands they have heard at a wedding. They also learned our first dance song for us! They were a great value as a lot of the other bands we looked at were up to 2x as much. The wedding classics are especially in their wheelhouse - newer songs may be a little hit or miss. They were very nice and welcoming when my grandpa wanted to get up on stage and play a song on his accordion. Overall an awesome experience.

Sent on 12/03/2014

a · Married on 08/25/2012

How can I thank you enough! Your GREAT music made our wedding tip-top in fun! Your music is wonderful - AND you kept on playing! I loved that you only took a break for the cake cutting and played all the rest of the night. Our guests kept dancing and that was just what we hoped for.

Your band is the very best! They are all happy people and their attitude comes through in their music. I can't tell you how pleased I am that you were available and could be our band. You MADE our party! Every single person who has called me to say "thank you" has made mention of how much they LOVED your music. We THANK YOU!!! With sincere appreciation,

Sent on 09/04/2012