Lanikuhonua Cultural Institute Reviews

36 | Kapolei, HI

36 Reviews for Lanikuhonua Cultural Institute

• Kesley

Kesley · Married on 06/29/2019

Definitely "Where Heaven Meets Earth"

Lanikuhonua was the perfect place for our wedding reception. It lives up to its name, “Where Heaven Meets Earth.” The site is very well-maintained, clean, and just beautiful.

Communication was easy with Marie Wong, who took great care of us. She was very responsive and patient with us since this was a destination wedding and we had so many questions.

We were able to schedule a site tour with Auntie Nettie when we were in Hawaii a year out from our wedding and we knew we had made the right choice for venue.

We had our reception in Phase 2 and it was the perfect size for our layout. We were scared because the week leading up to our wedding, it was raining every day on the island and we had no idea how wet/muddy the grounds would be. The day of our reception, it wasn’t muddy or wet at all. Auntie Nettie, who runs Lanikuhonua, told us 2 days before that it had rained hard and it was still muddy. Thankfully, for our reception, it wasn’t.

The weather was beautiful and the sunset was gorgeous. Everyone’s jaws dropped when they saw the views! We didn’t have big floral arrangements or a Photo Booth for our reception because if you hold your reception here, you don’t need those. You have the beautiful trees and ocean for your floral arrangements and Photo Booth!

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • Laila Ireland

Laila · Married on 05/17/2016

Lanikuhonua is the most beautiful venue we looked for our destination wedding! Our Spring evening wedding was breezy with some light, and was absolutely gorgeous all day! If you've always wanted a beach wedding, you'll have to go with Phase II for the ceremony. The lawn is expansive and meticulously kept, and it's the perfect canvas limited only by your imagination (and budget, haha)! All your other vendors will have to be brought in, but this just allows for more creativity. Being from the island of Oahu, it was enriched with culture and serenity. To say the very least - it is very picturesque, beautiful property, and the staff was really easy to work with. *I'd also recommend staying at the Ihilani Resort right next door the night before and the night of. It's amazing gorgeous property, and super convenient to get to the wedding! Wake up to the sound of the waves and the sun kissing your skin to help calm your wedding day jitters. :)

Sent on 09/27/2016

Kaori& · Married on 10/02/2013

The venue was absolutely amazing! Words cannot express how beautiful everything came together. The lush greenery, the stunning trees and private beach make this venue a total gem. We are so happy that we went with Lanikuhonua Phase II despite it being located quite a ways out from Waikiki (perhaps a 40 minute car ride) and the somewhat hefty price tag but all in all, it was definitely worth it. All correspondence was handled promptly and courteously as well.

Sent on 10/21/2013

Stephanie · Married on 07/27/2013

What a beautiful place to get married. I was in a wedding here for one of my friends back in 2005. Then my best friend got married here in 2012, and finally it was my turn! There are two phases and we got married on Phase II. There was a wedding going on at the same time at Phase I, but we did not hear anything so if you are getting married and hear the other side also got booked there really is nothing to worry about (each phase also has it's own parking lot and entrance). The best part for me with booking this site was I had the ability to bring in all my own vendors. Because of this you do need a wedding coordinator to book the site since there is so much that has to be coordinator between different parties as opposed to having a wedding a hotel where a lot is already taken care of for you. But I loved that I was able to customize our wedding exactly how we wanted it.

Sent on 08/08/2013

Amber · Married on 07/18/2013

Such a beautiful venue! EVERY person I spoke with planning this wedding said how amazing this place was and they were absolutely right. I was a bit worried having not seen the venue and picking it online from pictures, but when my fiancée and I were finally able to visit, my jaw dropped. The pictures don't do it justice. Hoku was very helpful and super friendly in booking this site and I was very happy with everything. Even with another wedding going on the same time as us....we didn't see or hear anyone. It was very private but easy to get to. This site was more than I could've asked for.

Sent on 07/30/2013

Jasmin · Married on 09/23/2012

There is absolutely no other place in the world I would ever have dreamt of having our wedding then at lanikuhonua! It is 1 million per cent where heaven meets the earth. The surrounds are breath taking.. We where so sad when it ended.. All the staff there are so friendly and loving. The warmest group of people. So lovely! Amazing place... 100% there is no other choice for your Hawaiian wedding!

Sent on 10/28/2012

Cindy · Married on 06/29/2012

I did my research before I got engaged and with all the good things I read online, I thought that this could be the place where I wanted to get married. Was I right! I went to Hawaii about 10 months before the wedding AFTER I booked Lanikuhonua - 14 months to the day in advance - and it was worth the long wait! I love the site from first sight. This piece of land is in the most gorgeous spot, right on the ocean. I used Phase II and it was just perfect. The only drawback to this place is that you have to book it so far in advance, it made for a long engagement. But again...SO worth it. Just gorgeous with the most amazing sunset!!!!

Sent on 07/11/2012

Michelle · Married on 08/11/2011

Lanikuhonua...where heaven meets the earth was an absolutely gorgeous place to get married. The susets amazing. It's nestled in between Paradise Cove and Marriott Ilhilani in KO Olina. We were a little concerned about the noise next door because Paradise Cove has nightly luaus but we could hardly hear the music.

Sent on 08/26/2011

marianne · Married on 06/01/2011

Lanikuhonua is a beautiful venue! Our wedding was in the summer, and it was uncommonly windy with some light, scattered showers on the southside of the island in Waikiki where most guests were staying.. It was even sprinkling the morning of our wedding! But the west side @ Lanikuhonua was gorgeous all day! If you've always wanted a beach wedding, you'll have to go with Phase II for the ceremony. The lawn is expansive and meticulously kept, and it's the perfect canvas limited only by your imagination (and budget, haha)! All your other vendors will have to be brought in, but this just allows for more creativity. That also means you'll have to rent everything from the tables, to the ceremony seating, to the dancefloor, etc. The only other downside - you have to wrap up by 10pm. We could've partied a lot longer! But overall - very picturesque, beautiful property, and the staff was really easy to work with. *If your budget allows, stay at the Ihilani Resort right next door the night before and the night of. It's a gorgeous property, and super convenient to get to the wedding! You can walk!

Sent on 06/21/2011

CARYNN · Married on 03/25/2011

Lani is BEAUTIFUL!!!! I am so happy we were able to have our wedding here. The family loved the outdoor setting. The kids could run around to their hearts content and the ladies could kick off those uncomfortable heels and walk around barefoot! :) We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day... as long as you have good weather on your side, you'll love this place. and even if you don't, you'll have a blast anyway... the scenery is just breathtaking.
    Aunty Nettie, Annette, Bo-Bo, and everyone else at Lani were so helpful! They made it so easy for us to do site visits prior to the big day and were so flexible on wedding day! Bo-Bo was so helpful!

Sent on 04/12/2011

Jaylene · Married on 03/20/2011

Although the process to rent Lanikuhonua is quite involved, it is probably the best place on the island to celebrate a wedding. The area is absolutely beautiful and accommodating for large weddings or parties. It The wonderful spiritual feeling about the area just added to the sacredness of our ceremony!

Sent on 01/31/2012
  • prlady

Margo · Married on 10/12/2010

Even though I was hesitant at first because you are basically renting a "blank canvas"..I am soooo glad we booked Lani for our wedding. Not only did we love working with Annette but Auntie Nettie (a Kahu) and a keeper of story in the Hawaiian culture only added to our experience. The grounds are what everyone says...breathtaking and gorgeous. As one of my guests said to me "how can it be any more perfect than this". Honestly..it simply can't. You are basically getting the 'million dollar view' without the million dollar price tag. On the day we were married..the sun was shining, the trees were swaying in the tradewinds and the dolphins were playing in the surf...it was stunning. We had a small ceremony by the rock wall oceanfront and then set up our reception under the trees of Phase II. With Japanese lanterns strung across the dance floor and guest tables...tiki torches lining the pathways and perimeter areas...ocean colored lights uplighting some of the trees...magical would be a word Id use to describe it.

Sent on 10/16/2011

malia · Married on 06/12/2010

We had our ceremony and reception here and it was BEAUTIFUL.. So worth the $$$.

Sent on 08/07/2010

Jade · Married on 11/21/2009

I chose this location because it was simple but beautiful. You don't need to add a whole lot for your ceremony or reception. The views are truly breathtaking. It is along the water and the JW Marriott Ihilani is within walking distance for your guests.

Sent on 12/08/2009

Janine · Married on 11/15/2009

We literally had 5 weeks to plan our wedding and was able to book Lanikuhonua for a Sunday afternoon. Because there were no other events for the day at either of the phases, they were kind enough to let us choose our time frame (instead of just morning or afternoon). We were able choose 2-8pm for the venue...beautiful for sunset weddings!

Sent on 11/23/2009

Jessica · Married on 08/14/2009

Beautiful location!

Sent on 06/01/2010

Tiffany · Married on 07/09/2009

The name means "Where Heaven Meets Earth." It lives up to its name so well! The site is prestine and gorgeous. The breeze off the beach is soothing. If we had to do it again, we would get married there again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 02/05/2010

This venue was stunning! It was a bit expensive but if you are on Phase II of the property during the sunset it is absolutely breathtaking. I couldn't imagine doing my wedding on any other grounds than this one in Hawaii. We got to experience the clean green feel of the grass and the beautiful trees and palm tress while being just feet away from a beautiful beach.

Sent on 05/18/2015

Holly · Married on 01/26/2012

We got married at Lanikuhonua in January, 2012. We are from Canada so we never had seen the place prior to our wedding day. We were Blown away by how beautiful it is!! It's quiet, isolated, and GORGEOUS! The only draw back is you have to bring in absolutely every vendor, so I Definitely recommend hiring a wedding coordinator. I would not have been able to plan our wedding there without one! It isn't the cheapest place to get married at, costs do definitely add up, but it is so worth it! We can't imagine getting married anywhere else! It was everything we had ever dreamed of but better!! We were told that Lanikuhonua is a usually a fairly "dry" place to get married, unfortunately during our reception we got a 20 min. "hawaiian blessing"- strong winds and rain. We all got a little wet, but thankfully we had rented a tent! Although I'm told that kind of rain was very rare for this venue, I don't know if I'd ever risk having a wedding there without a tent. It would not have been fun! haha. Do I recommend this venue? WITHOUT A DOUBT!!!!

Sent on 03/07/2012

Crystal · Married on 03/27/2011

Excellent place to have my dream wedding and the weather with sunset couldn't have been anymore perfect. My number one spot for a memorable wedding. Only thing that I didn't like was that our cousins, who are related to the family who owns property, got it for more than 50% cheaper than what I had paid for for their family function.

Sent on 04/08/2011

Kaiu · Married on 10/01/2010

Lanikuhonua was our chosen venue because it had special meaning to us. The location is beautiful, one of the most beautiful on the island, and it is also very exclusive. The downside is that it is very expensive and they do not provide anything except the grass, electricity, and parking. Therefore, you need to bring in your own equipment, caterer, and the rest. Overall, we had a wonderful time and have no regrets.

Sent on 10/20/2010

Asami · Married on 09/03/2010

As it is translated to "Where heaven meets earth", you can not go wrong with this location if you are planning a very private, beautiful Hawaii beach side wedding! The sunset was so beautiful that all our guest couldn't stop talking about how beautiful location was. I didn't get to check out the site until my wedding day, but when I got there, it was jaw dropping! I highly recommend here for your dream Hawaiian wedding!

Sent on 09/21/2010

Rachel · Married on 09/04/2010

Lani is an AMAZING venue, and was absolutely perfect for our wedding. Because it is so naturally gorgeous, there is no need for alot of added decorations, which saves some $$. Only issue I had with them was at the beginning of the planning process, where they were difficult to get ahold of to reserve and book the day. After that, it was pretty smooth sailing.

Sent on 09/28/2010

Jennifer · Married on 08/02/2010

Lanikuhonua is such an amazing place. I am so happy we decided to have our wedding there. I definitely recommend getting a wedding planner if you are having a destination wedding. Although you have to provide everything (tables, chairs, lighting, etc.), it is definitely worth it. We had about 50 people and decided to have our wedding under the trees in Phase II. It was perfect. I loved being surrounded by all the trees. You can also take some beautiful beach pictures, especially on the rocks. Make sure you check it out.

Sent on 09/01/2010

3.5

Amazing venue. You do not have to do anything to make sure you have a gorgeous wedding at this location. Only down side is that you have to bring in all of your own items, so you definitely need the assistance of a coordinator to ensure everything comes together. It is worth it!

Sent on 10/18/2014