Nestled in the heart of Oʻahu’s renowned North Shore, Waimea Valley’s world class botanical gardens and wide variety of indoor and outdoor spaces is an ideal setting for a truly memorable occasion. Found nowhere else on Oʻahu, our natural backdrops and surroundings are unique to the Valley, attracting elaborate Hollywood blockbusters and weddings, to intimate, candlelit gatherings. From our breathtaking waterfall to lush, green meadows, Waimea Valley is a location unlike any other.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org (808)638-5858.
Other couples have also viewed
10 Reviews for Waimea Valley
Recommended by 96% of couples
14 User photos
Caprice P. · Married on 05/01/2021
Gorgeous Venue, but check on the fine details
Pros:Sent on 05/10/2021
- OMG SUCH A GORGEOUS VENUE! We barely needed any decorations at all, and or guests were so stunned when they arrived!
- Breathtaking options for various types of ceremonies and receptions. We chose the Main Lawn with the giant monkey pod tree as our ceremony site, and the Pikake Pavilion as our reception site. Due to COVID, we didn't have an option to tour the venue before we flew out for our wedding (we did a quick walkthrough a few days before), and I was surprised to learn that the sites we chose are literally connected to the welcome center. However, since the grounds closed to the public at 4PM, our wedding was very private and quiet.
- The split level Pikake Pavilion was perfect in allowing all our guests, no matter where they were seated, a great view of our sweetheart table and the dancefloor.
- Take advantage of that photo tour! They offer an incredible golf cart tour so you can capture all the photo/video in various locations. This was the most worthwhile splurge, and we had the best time enjoying the gardens and waterfall, and appreciating the beauty and spiritual energy the valley has to offer - all while getting some seriously magazine-worthy photos and videos!
- Bridal Suite was very close to our ceremony and reception site - right above the main welcome center. It was such a convenient location for our wedding party! They also split the room for us so the grooms party could "get ready" in the same place as the bridal party without seeing each other! So sweet!
- The grounds are home to three adult male peacocks, two of which are very social and made frequent appearances to say hello to our guests. Luckily they stayed pretty quiet during our event. :)
- Light mountain breezes, tropical foliage, sounds of nature were so calming and serene.
- Ample parking for guests, even though we did opt for a party/tour bus to shuttle our guests from Waikiki/Kapolei. This extra trip really provided a fun aspect for our guests, making our big-day a huge fully planned event for them too!
- Very friendly and professional staff. The events manager, Kim, was super helpful and so patient with us trying to lock own our wedding not even two months before our date! (Our initial venue fell through rather late... and we were scrambling to pull this off!) Also our golf cart driver, Kealohi, was so incredibly kind and awesome too!
- The Bridal Suite doesn't have adequate AC. We ended up opening the doors and allowing the mountain breeze to cool us down - then curtaining off the small AC booth for only when we needed to change.
- Not enough seating for all our guests! For some reason, they didn't put out enough ceremony benches to seat all of our guests, and we had a row on either side standing. We would've run into a similar seating issue with our reception tables, but we luckily caught that a few days before when we did our on-site tasting... (5 foot round tables fit 8 adults at MOST.)
- "Projector" wasn't as advertised, they only have a projection screen but no projector or hookups. We made a cute slideshow but ended up throwing that out at the last minute...
- WIFI is good for texts, but not much else. We also had to cancel our livestream at the last minute because the connectivity would not allow for video/audio streaming.
- You have to use the on site catering: Ke Nui Kitchen. Their food was incredible, but their beer options were incredibly lackluster (we're big beer nerds) and obscenely overpriced.
Overall, I would highly recommend this venue. The exclusiveness and natural beauty really enhances the romantic atmosphere of your wedding day, and your guests will be raving for quite a while afterwards! :)
Waimea Valley's reply:Aloha Caprice,
Kristen P. · Married on 04/10/2021
The Most Beautiful Hawaiian Wedding
Waimea Valley is an incredibly special place to get married. From the moment you enter the valley, you feel the “mana,” or power, of the place. Even though the valley is located on the busy North Shore of Oahu, it is tucked away nestled between the mountains, and when you are there you feel a sense of serenity and peace. Everywhere you look you see lush, tropical gardens and greenery, which makes for a stunning backdrop for photos. We had our ceremony and reception at the Upper Meadow, which is about a 5-minute shuttle ride from the visitor center. Since it’s located deeper in the valley, this spot felt very private and intimate, even though the lawn is quite large with a lot of room to spread out. Our entire event took place outside, and except for the dinner under an open-air tent, we spent the whole night under the stars. With everything outdoors and the large amount of space to work with, this is an excellent place to have a “socially distant” wedding. We planned for and expected to have some rain during our event, but the weather ended up being perfect – a dry and cool afternoon and evening with temperature in the mid-70’s. The venue’s exclusive caterer, Ke Nui Kitchen, is also located in the valley and provided the most delicious, farm-to-table fresh food for our wedding, and the craft cocktails we selected from Ke Nui Kitchen’s bar menu were a huge hit with our guests. Most importantly, all of the staff at Waimea Valley Events and Ke Nui Kitchen were incredible to work with. Kimberly, the Events Manager, was so accommodating, helpful, and understanding as we planned our wedding at Waimea, even when the constantly changing Covid-related restrictions and orders made planning especially complicated. In the end, we couldn’t have been happier with our wedding venue, and every single one of our guests shared with us how beautiful our venue was.Sent on 04/28/2021
Waimea Valley's reply:Aloha Kristen and Alex,
Kathleen S. · Married on 12/07/2019
Best venue ever!
Working with Waimea Valley was easy and seamless! They were attentive and responded to all inquiries in a timely manner. The rental fee was affordable and included chairs and tables. They do require that you cater your food through Ke Nui Kitchen, which was actually fine because they are great and it removes the hassle from working with a caterer who doesn’t know the area and staff. Other than that, the valley is so gorgeous and provided the perfect backdrop, and the staff was amazing to work with.Sent on 12/12/2019
Waimea Valley's reply:Mahalo nui Kathleen! Congratulations again to you and Marcos. We cannot wait to see the pictures to your bride and groom portraits throughout the Valley. We loved your style! Sending you both lots of aloha.
Waimea Valley Price Rates