Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling Reviews

Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling 5
Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling 6
Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling 7

Tamara · Married on 06/06/2019

Perfect elopement hair and make up

I booked Kim for hair and make up, for myself and three others, for my destination micro wedding. I could not have been happier! Communication and planning with her was so easy and smooth. Kim and her coworker were so kind and fun, and they did a fantastic job on our hair and make up! Everything held up perfectly at windy Garrapata, thanks Kim!

Sent on 08/06/2019

Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling's reply:

I'm glad to know that working with my coworker and I was a good experience for you. You were a delight to work with and I'm honored to have been a part of your special day.
    Warmest wishes!

Michelle Park · Married on 03/08/2019

Couldn't have asked for better

My gut instinct told me that Kim Larson was the one to style my hair and my mom's hair for my wedding. She specializes in wedding hair styles. I am so glad I trusted my instinct! Kim was wonderful to work with from the beginning. She responded to emails promptly, provided accurate and adequate information, and kept communicating with me along the way. She was prompt, prepared, and was just such a delight to chat with for 2 hours. Kim styled my hair in curls, and one of her associates styled my mom's hair, also in curls. Kim executed my vision so incredibly well, and was willing to make any adjustments to make sure my hair was exactly how I wanted it. It was, it absolutely was!!! And best of all, both my hair and my mom's hair stayed in their curls all night (and even the next day). It was a cold, humid, and windy day in Monterey (but sunny!) and my hair was able to withstand it all. If you are looking for a stylist for your wedding day, do yourself a favor and call Kim--she is a beautiful stylist and a warm gentle soul.

Sent on 03/14/2019
    Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling 8

Claudia · Married on 11/04/2018

Kim is amazing!

Kim is absolutely amazing! First the first time we meet I knew she would take care of me for my special day. She is very sweet and easy to work with. My bridal party and I were beyond pleased with her work, our hair and makeup were just stunning. I highly recommend her services, she is very sweet, professional, and makes sure you are happy with the outcome.

Sent on 01/16/2019
    Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling 9
    Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling 10

Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling's reply:

Thanks Claudia! I’m so glad you were able to feel relaxed and pampered on your big day. You are so gorgeous- inside and out- such a pleasure!

Andrea Hammond · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing, professional, and made my day!

I cannnot say enough wonderful things about Kim! She was the only hair & makeup artist that my venue recommended and now I know why. She is super professional, speedy on email responses, the nicest woman, and made me and my girls feel beautiful on my big day.

I wasn't too sure how I wanted my hair and makeup to look, so when we did the trial Kim kind of just went with it. I loved what she did and only had a few tweaks. On the wedding day she was fully prepared with her notes of what I wanted and made sure to take her time. She focused her attention on me and we had another woman doing the bridesmaids' hair and another woman doing their makeup. I was surprised how quickly everyone got done and how amazing it looked. All of my girls were very happy with the results.

If you are looking for hair & makeup, look no further then Kim! She will make you feel comfortable, confident and beautiful. Thank you for everything, Kim!

Sent on 11/15/2018
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/13/2018

Book Kim for your wedding asap!

Kim and Crystal did my bridesmaids' and my hair and makeup for my Monterey wedding and they were an absolute dream to work with! They showed up on schedule (even a few minutes early!) and did an amazing job. Not only is Kim a talented stylist, but she's also just an overall lovely person who is incredibly easy to talk to, super responsive over email, and accommodating of any hair/makeup needs - she's not satisfied until you're satisfied. I felt beautiful all evening and my hair held up after a night of dancing, thanks to Kim!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Courtney · Married on 10/12/2018

I loved working with Kim!

Kim and her assistant were amazing to work with! This was a destination wedding, so I couldn't meet with her beforehand, but she took my hair and makeup ideas and worked her magic to make me feel beautiful and confident on my special day. I am so very happy that I was able to work with Kim - her calm demeanor and easy going, fun personality was a perfect match for my introverted and anxious self. Every single person in my bridal party looked amazing and I cannot thank Kim enough for helping make my wedding day great.

Sent on 04/04/2019

Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling's reply:

Courtney, thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience. I'm so very glad you felt that my coworker and I were a calm presence for you on your big day. I'm so happy to know you felt beautiful! Warmest wishes to you!

Eliana Saffouri · Married on 09/21/2018

Fabulous!!!

Kim was so wonderful to work with - she was easy to contact via email, which was helpful since we were planning our wedding from overseas. She has such an easy manner and really takes any stress out of the day. I was so happy with my hair and makeup for our special day - I felt like myself, but more glam! Both my hair and makeup turned out exactly as I'd hoped, and I had so many compliments all day! Thank you Kim!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Deborah · Married on 09/08/2018

Kim is great!

Kim and her team are amazing! From my very first contact with Kim she made everything easy! Every bride wants to feel at ease with the person who will make them beautiful on their big day and Kim will put you at ease!

Despite me not living in the area, she was able to squeeze me in for a hair trial on Memorial Day weekend. She even dabbled a little with makeup even though I didn't schedule (or pay for) a makeup trial! So nice!

After my trial I decided on a different hairstyle (only because of my crazy Bridezilla brain, not because I didn't like what Kim did during the trial) and Kim and I talked over the phone to determine if it would work and how to prep the day of. I still felt at ease even though we hadn't tried the style I was going to ultimately wear for my big day!

Fast forward to 9/8/18 my fiance and I got into a decent car accident the morning of the wedding while on our way to Starbucks. The accident wasn't any fault of ours and we were both okay but it was an unfortunate event for anyone on any day but especially my wedding day! Kim and Crystal were scheduled to get started on 4 of us at 11 am and at 10:30 am I was still on the side of the road dealing with the accident. My mom, mother-in-law and maid of honor went to start getting ready without me and let Kim know what happened. Luckily, I made it by 11:30 and Kim got started on me right away! She was so understanding and patient despite the minor scheduling hiccup.

My hair and makeup were amazing! My groom loved every bit of it and so did all of the guests. I can't recommend her enough! Seriously, book with Kim as soon as possible for an amazing experience! Thanks again, Kim and Crystal!!

Sent on 01/11/2019
  • Amanda

Amanda Dennis · Married on 09/02/2018

Exquisite!

I got married at Mission Ranch in Carmel on 9/2/18 and Kim and her assistants helped make my wedding day an all around extraordinary day! I talked with Kim on the phone months before my wedding when I was shopping around for wedding hair/makeup options. There are a ton of options in the Monterey/Carmel area, but I knew after simply speaking with Kim I wanted to hire her. She was so friendly on the phone and made me feel comfortable right off the bat. I did a trial with her before our engagement photo shoot a few months prior to the wedding and I was so, so pleased. Kim strikes a perfect balance of glam and down-to-earth with her makeup and hair styling. I felt pretty and "fancy" but not at all overdone. And the cherry on top is Kim's beautiful personality. She's SO warm, kind, and just has a very comforting way about her.

Kim went above and beyond for me on our actual wedding day. I was a bit high maintenance in the fact that I had a huge bridal party: 8 bridesmaids, a flower girl, and my Mom who wanted her hair done for the wedding. Kim nailed it all! I'd heard so many horror stories from other brides who's hair/makeup girls ran late and caused their entire timeline to be thrown off. No such thing with Kim! Between her and her two assistants (Olivia and Crystal), they had all of our hair and makeup expertly completed in plenty of time for photos.

Other things I loved about Kim: she had some schedule hurdles to work around but made it work in order to do not only my wedding day hair/makeup but my makeup for my rehearsal dinner the night before of the wedding. I really appreciated her efforts to re-arrange her schedule for me. AND...Kim was the only vendor of mine (I had many!) who checked in with me a couple of days after the wedding to wish us well as newlyweds (so sweet!) and to check to see how my hair/makeup held up.

Overall, I LOVED my wedding day hair and makeup and would highly recommend Kim to any bride. You won't be disappointed!

Thank you so much Kim, Olivia, and Crystal!!

Sent on 01/19/2019
    Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling 22
    Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling 23
    Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling 24

Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling's reply:

Thank you, thank you, Amanda, for this detailed review and for posting all the photos. I'm beyond thrilled that you were happy with your decision to have my team and I glam you and your bridal party up on your big day! I'm so glad that I was able to adjust my schedule so that we were able to work together. I hope I get to see you again in the future? Maybe you and Adam will return to Carmel for your anniversary? Best wishes to you both!

ERIN · Married on 07/21/2018

Kim was so wonderful to work with. She is easy to be around (helpful when there are big-day stressors!), calming, and did a gorgeous job on hair and makeup, despite a very windy day! I can't recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 07/26/2018
    Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling 25
    Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling 26
    Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling 27
    Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling 28

Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling's reply:

Erin, you were a dream bride. If I could give reviews for clients, you would be a 5 star! You were so calm and organized. You also had the best music ever! Warmest wishes! Kim

Leanna · Married on 06/09/2018

My bridal party and I all looked gorgeous on the wedding day. Kim and her team were so warm and friendly that it helped us all feel at ease. It was so wonderful to work with Kim!

Sent on 06/30/2018

Karen · Married on 05/23/2018

Kim was just awesome and a pleasure to work with. My daughter Renee's hair and makeup was absolutely beautiful. Being a destination wedding, Kim went out of her way to contact Renee to make sure she knew exactly how my daughter wanted her make up and hair to look like. Kim did not disappoint at all. Kim brought 2 colleagues to handle the moms, grandmas and sister's hair and makeup. And this was all done to everyone's complete satisfaction. All three were very professional, friendly and accommodating to everyone's style and taste. I would highly recommend Kim to anyone.

Sent on 06/05/2018
    Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling 29
    Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling 30

Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling's reply:

What an absolute delight it was working with Renee, you and your entire family. I'm sure planning a wedding from out of state must be challenging. I'm so glad all went well regarding my hair/makeup services. You all are such natural beauties (inside and out) , you made our job easy. Thanks for the gorgeous photos! Best wishes! :)

Danielle · Married on 05/05/2018

Kim and her team were recommended to us by our wedding venue and we were so pleased with their great work! Our wedding included two brides, five bridesmaids, and two moms – all with different styles, preferred looks, and ideas. Kim, Crystal, and Kaitlyn all did incredible work (both hair and makeup) and everyone felt beautiful and well taken care of. From the hair/makeup trial to the day of the wedding, Kim was responsive to our questions and requests and always made sure we understood what we needed to do to prepare. Kim and her team’s work was flawless and we thoroughly enjoyed working with them. We would absolutely recommend Kim and are so thankful that we got to work with her for our big day.

Sent on 06/11/2018

Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling's reply:

Danielle~ I am SO glad that my coworkers and I got to be a part of your special day. You were very organized, it was great! You and your bridal party were all so fun to work with on the big day. Can't wait to see the pics! Thank you and best wishes. :)

Kate · Married on 03/03/2018

Kim was AMAZING!!! Everything from my trial run to the day of service was flawless! She made me and my bridesmaids feel at ease and pampered. We all LOVED our hair, and my makeup made me feel like a princess!! I would highly recommend Kim for your special day!!

Sent on 03/08/2018
    Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling 31
    Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling 32

Erin · Married on 01/05/2018

Kim was great! She did an amazing job on my hair and make up. Kim responded to me very quickly anytime I had a question. She was on time, professional, and really made sure I was happy with the outcome. I would highly recommend Kim to anyone needing to be glammed up for a big event!

Sent on 01/29/2018

Bridgette · Married on 11/21/2017

Kim did such a wonderful job on me (bride), my mother, and my mother-in-law! I have A LOT of hair and very sensitive eyes so I can be tricky but she did a great job and we all looked beautiful. She was so easy to communicate with and made us feel at easy before the big day even arrived. I hope to be able to work with her in the future!

Sent on 11/28/2017

Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling's reply:

You and your mom/mom-in-law were so fun and relaxed. I really enjoyed glamming you up on the big day. You lucked out with the great weather, especially for Nov! Wishing you all the best!

Kristen · Married on 11/02/2017

Kim did my hair for my Big Sur wedding in November 2017. Many stylists wanted a minimum number of people to work on (that I couldn’t meet), or wouldn’t travel to the site (which I needed). Kim was very flexible on both points. I booked her less than a month away from my wedding, so I was a little nervous when I went to my trial because I didn’t have a lot of time left to work with. My worries were unfounded, though, because Kim is one of the easiest people to work with. As soon as I met her, her friendly, laid-back demeanor helped me relax. She chatted with my mother and I during the whole trial, which made it go by quickly and painlessly.

I was after a style that looked casual and bohemian, but still elegant and polished. Kim was able to take my inspiration pictures – along with pictures of my dress and wedding setting – and create something that felt right. I went into my trial having no idea what I wanted to do with my hair accessory (I just knew I didn’t want a veil). She tried a few different things on me and helped me find something that complemented my hair style and dress. When I asked for adjustments, she was happy to accommodate them.

The day of the wedding, Kim was punctual, prepared, and her usual warm, friendly self. My hair did take a bit longer than I anticipated but a lot of it was probably because we were chatting and having a great time. I did my makeup on my own but she helped me apply some individual false lashes since I didn’t have the skill to do it myself. She even helped me with my final choice of earrings, which I had put off until the wedding day. My hair held up flawlessly all night and looked good into the next day. Kim also did my mother’s hair, and it looked great: still “her,” but extra-polished.

I would definitely recommend Kim to other brides getting married in the area.

Sent on 12/19/2017

CATHERINE · Married on 10/14/2017

I was so so lucky to have Kim taking care of me on the most beautiful day of my life , both for my makeup and my hair styling !From the first day we met , I knew I had made the best choice . Her professionalism is beyond any expectation , not to mention her experience in her field ! We did a trial before the wedding ( only because I was nervous and anxious about the results) . I had brought a picture about what I wanted and Kim made it so perfectly , and even much better the day of the wedding . I highly recommend her ! You cannot be wrong with her , she is amazing !
    Thank you Kim !
    (adding tow pictures to show the styling )

Sent on 06/29/2018
    Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling 33
    Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling 34
    Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling 35
  • Crysta

Crysta · Married on 10/07/2017

I was so lucky that Kim and Crystal were available to wave their magic make up brushes and curling wands over my bridal party and moms! I made the initial booking through Kim who was thorough, informative and genuinely cared about meeting my needs for the big day. A week before the wedding Kim helped me put together a hair and make up schedule and sent detailed instructions regarding skincare and haircare for the wedding party. On the morning of the wedding Kim and Crystal both arrived early. Kim styled hair and Crystal did make up for the ladies and everyone was thrilled with their result. Each of the ladies was given a look completely tailored to their preference. I was so impressed that both Kim and Crystal were able to seamlessly work off of photo references and even just verbal requests to create and deliver perfect results.

Sent on 11/09/2017

Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling's reply:

Dear Crysta~ Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with me. It was so special to be a part of your big day. We enjoyed glamming up your bridal party. Everyone was so sweet and fun. You were so organized and responsive. I can't believe you've been married a month already!
    Warmest wishes,Kim

Sydney · Married on 09/16/2017

Amazing Wedding Hairstylist

Kim was so nice to work with! I was planning my California wedding from Iowa and Kim was so easy to work with. She was very quick at responding to me and made me feel secure with booking with her for my wedding (even without having a trial). Day of, she was onsite for me and my wedding party right on time and was a pleasure to work with. All of my bridesmaids were thrilled with their hair, as was I. I would highly recommend Kim to any brides who are looking for a hairstylist.

Sent on 01/11/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 07/26/2017

Kim was very easy to work with, she worked with me to make sure my hair and makeup was exactly how I wanted it. Not only does she do makeup, but she does hairstyling as well and made my hair look more beautiful than the picture I brought in as an example. Her studio was so peaceful and I felt like I was getting my money's worth. I would defiantly recommend her to anyone looking for hair and makeup at an affordable price.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Keilla · Married on 07/08/2017

Kim is the absolute best person for hair and make-up! Everything from my trial to my day of hair and make up was perfect. She understood my style so well. Her make-up makes any bride look beautiful but still natural. You won't get heavy make-up with her. She makes you feel like the most beautiful version of yourself. My hair was also perfect. It was loose and romantic but boy did my style hold all day. When I took it out at about 1 am it was still perfect and probably had quite a few hours left but it was never crunchy or uncomfortable. My bridesmaid also loved Kim and her assistant, Krystal. They were both on time and so professional.

Sent on 07/26/2017

Karen · Married on 06/25/2017

Kim exceeded my expectations! As I now reside on the east coast, my wedding hair/makeup strategy was conducted via phone. Kim's ability to learn my hair/makeup vision along with providing excellent suggestions was outstanding. During our initial phone call, I was confident Kim was the perfect hair/makeup artist for my wedding day. Upon arrival at the bridal suite, Kim made me feel like a princess. As she did my hair and makeup, she asked for my input along the way to ensure I was happy. I loved my hair and makeup which held up during the ceremony and beyond! Several of my guests reside in Monterey Bay area and also admired my hair/makeup so much they asked for Kim's contact info for when their daughters get married. Thank you Kim!

Sent on 07/06/2017

Paige · Married on 06/21/2017

I truly enjoyed working with Kim! My husband and I do not live in California, so Kim and I planned hair and makeup for my elopement by phone and email. Kim was always responsive and provided great suggestions. On the day of, she was timely, professional, and super kind. She even helped me track down a vase for my flowers! She really took her time to make sure I was happy with the outcome. She did a fantastic job and made me feel beautiful and natural!

Sent on 07/23/2017

Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling's reply:

Paige, it was great connecting with you. I really enjoyed glamming you up in your intimate cottage rental. I'm especially pleased that you were happy with your hair/makeup and that you felt comfortable working with me, even without a trial run. Thanks so much for letting me share a part of your big day! Best wishes!

Elise · Married on 07/23/2016

Kim is wonderful. She is incredibly versatile, very attentive, and is great at incorporating feedback. I reflected after my initial trial and sent her some thoughts - she carefully held onto my feedback and incorporated all my notes perfectly for my big day! Kim is also incredibly flexible. On my wedding day, my mom had an issue with her makeup after Kim had left - Kim came all the way back to the venue to fix my mom's makeup, and she even did a hair and makeup touch-up for me after my first look photos! Finally, Kim holds herself to incredibly high standards and is a perfectionist - she'll keep working until she gets it right. It made my wedding so relaxing to know that my bridesmaids, mother and mother-in-law, and I were in such good hands!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Kim Larson Bridal Makeup and Hairstyling's reply:

It was wonderdul working with you and your bridal group. I'm delighted to know that you were pleased with my services. I'm especially happy that you felt that I respected your vision for your hair/makeup style and that you still felt like yourself. I take pride in my work and always strive for 100% customer satisfaction.
    I'm so glad I was able to achieve that with you. You were such a stunning bride-inside and out!