Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Blush Hair and Makeup Design

At Blush Hair and Makeup Design we specialize in wedding hair and makeup. We promise an experience where you can look forward to prompt attention, follow through, and a flawless photo finish. Our goal is simple... to help you feel confident and gorgeous, and achieve the exact look you want for your wedding day! Our beauty team prides themselves in taking time to learn about your ideas for creating the perfect bridal look. From Hollywood Glam to Natural Minimalist, Blush will have you glowing as you walk down the aisle.

Blush's services are tailored to every bride’s needs and include a la carte, or packaged services.  For all inquiries, or to receive a proposal, please contact us at info@blushhmd.com.

We look forward to hearing from you and invite any questions you may have!

**WE HAVE NO AFFILIATION WITH THE BLUSH IN MONTEREY.**

Here is what some of our past brides had to say:

"Ashley did such an amazing job on my hair and makeup for my wedding! My curls were perfect all night, even after dancing. She also picked the perfect shadow and lip colors to complement my skin and eyes. For a makeup minimalist like myself, I thought she did a really good keeping the balance between special occasion makeup, but still being comfortable. She also did my bridesmaids hair and makeup and they looked gorgeous as well. She was able to get us all made up pretty quickly too. I recommend her to all my friends for their weddings." - Kylie S.

“Thank you so much, Blush! Artist Ashley Mendes did an absolutely amazing job on my hair and makeup for my wedding. My now husband is a very simple man and prefers me without any makeup on so I knew I would need the right person to do my makeup so I still looked amazing on my wedding day but not look like I had it “painted” on. Ashley did such a good job. The makeup was very simple but helped enhance all of my features in the perfect way so that I still felt beautiful on my wedding day. And my hair was awesome too! She was able to style my hair in a very elegant way. It looked gorgeous but she didn’t use a ton of products and pins which was awesome because I didn’t get a headache from to much added weight to my head. She was very accommodating and on my trial day she showed me a couple of different options to choose from. I also loved that Ashley was willing to travel to my home on wedding day to do my hair and makeup. It made it that much more easy on me not having to travel all over the place wedding morning and allowing me to remain relaxed. Thank you Blush and Ashley Mendes! You’re amazing! I will definitely be recommending you to everyone!” – Beth M.

Categories: Wedding Hair & Makeup

Licensed (1)
Hair Trial (1)
On-Site Hair (1)
Wedding Party Makeup (1)

Ashley and Tanika did an amazing job that had me smiling from ear to ear on my wedding day. I highly recommend Blush Hair and Makeup Design for your special day!

I arrived at the salon (note I say an actual salon and not someone’s home), and I instantly noted how bright and welcoming it was. It was decorated like something straight out of an Instagram post! My dad was also very happy to get a very lovely cup of tea (or two, or three?) while he waited patiently on the sofa.

The makeup trail was first:

I should note that my skin is incredibly sensitive, and a lot of products break me out like nothing else. I was very pleased that Tanika was prepared with an array of high quality products for me. I also noted how impeccably clean her makeup and equipment was. There wasn’t an eyeshadow dust particle outside of their designated circular containers!!! Very professional. I knew I was in good hands.

I was going for a very natural look, and the whole makeup trial didn’t take more than 45min and the makeup completely covered all of my acne scars without being cakey! Tanika has an absolute magic touch!!!

The hair trial:

Ashley utilized her expertise in guiding me on what would fit my hair type and length best. I was lucky enough in that we had time to try two updos and decide between them as to which worked best.

The whole experience was so much fun!

Ashley made the most marvelous curls and twirls in my hair, and just the right amount of hairspray and bobby pins to keep everything in place, yet still managed to make my hair look touchable. My hair normally can’t hold a curl to save it’s life but Ashely sprinkled some fairy dust and ensured that my hair stayed perfect for the next 10 hours.

On my wedding day, my makeup and hair stayed on through ocean winds and crazy dancing (because hey, I like to dance), from 2PM all the way until midnight when I reluctantly took it all off.

Thank you Blush for making me look and feel so glamorous on my wedding!!

Profile Picture Tatyana, 4/28/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Licensed, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Salon, Blowouts, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Makeup Trial, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

Ashley and her team are absolutely amazing! We had 26 services (13 hair and 13 makeup) for my wedding and not only did every girl look completely gorgeous, the team ran an hour AHEAD of time!! They started right on time but then were so efficient that we ended up having a full extra hour for photos that we otherwise wouldn't have had time to capture. They were fun, incredibly professional, and absolute artists at hair and makeup. I couldn't have asked for anything better. To top it all off, at the last minute as Ashley was about to walk out the door, I suddenly got something in my eye and it started profusely watering. Ashley stayed overtime and completely re-did that half of my eye/face makeup after I got the debris out of my eye. She couldn't have been more sweet and I felt my most beautiful on my big day. All my bridesmaids (plus my mom and my husbands mom) were gushing about how lovely they felt and it made the whole "getting ready" experience so much more fun for me, watching all the girls excitedly showing each other their beautiful hair and makeup. Thank you so much Ashely and all the girls at Blush Hair and Makeup Design!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 9/23/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

Ashley with Blush Hair and Makeup Design was simply the best. We discussed the look I wanted for my wedding day and she was incredibly attentive, even taking time to stop and ask about different hues/looks/ etc. I could not have been happier with the makeup and hair design that she provided for my wedding day! It was exactly what we had accomplished during our trial together. I felt gorgeous all day and received so many compliments.

The best part - Ashley is so kind and fun! We spent the morning of my wedding day together while she did my hair/makeup and she and I had a ball chatting and laughing. Her delightful personality kept me calm and smiling all morning long. She works quickly while filling the room with chill, friendly vibes. Oh, did I mention how much a LOVED the hair and makeup?

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/16/17, 5 Reviews

220x220 sq 1444708861055 16186502985463869371171194871688n
220x220 sq 1444708869268 1780867455469727914017210937163n 1
220x220 sq 1389855749847 open arms photography 3598 x

3 ENDORSEMENTS
Blush Hair & Makeup Design created the most natural, beautiful & elegant make-up recently for a styled photo shoot. The models had a subtle, not over-done, very natural glow about them, which was definitely the make-up and styling by Blush !

Blush Hair and Makeup is the perfect addition to any brides beauty team. We have had many brides partner with them over the years and they are all beyond beautiful. You can count on professionalism and a job well done with Blush. We highly endorse Blush Hair and Makeup.

You must check out Blush Hair and Makeup Design! I have seen Ashley's work for several years and watched her team work at a wedding! I love her work and not only would I recommend her professionally as a wedding professional, I would even recommend her to my family and friends! Ashley and her team are fun and at the same time very professional and talented. They have a strong sense of what is current, and use that to give the bride her own vision of how she'll look on her wedding day!

9250 Soquel Drive, Aptos, CA 95003   See On Map