Blush Hair and Makeup Design Reviews

Blush Hair and Makeup Design 5
Blush Hair and Makeup Design 6
Blush Hair and Makeup Design 7

Alexandra · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing, talented makeup and hair artists

I cannot put into words how wonderful Ashley and her team of women are. They are down to earth, kind, easy going, and made everyone in my bridal party feel so incredibly beautiful and confident. I even had girls who were not originally going to get their hair and makeup done opt into getting it done last minute because they loved the work that they saw. They made us feel relaxed and not rushed (they even finished early!). Highly, highly recommend!!!

Sent on 01/28/2019

Megan · Married on 10/13/2018

Stunning hair and makeup

Ashley is incredible! I had a rough idea of what I wanted for hair and makeup, but from my trial on, Ashley helped turn my loose vision into the perfect look! She was so open to feedback and understanding what priorities I had for both myself and my bridesmaids. The morning of the wedding Ashley was such a calming presence! We had a lot of morning-of visitors drop by and she made sure to make time for me to say hello to everyone while still keeping us on schedule. She is absolutely an advocate for the bride if needed, which is so nice to have in your corner on such a busy day. It was a bit crazy but she was so calm and cheerful and helped create a calming and positive atmosphere. Also, the looks she and her team created for both myself, the bride, and my bridesmaids and mother were incredible. Everyone felt beautiful and loved both their hair and makeup and mine was absolutely perfect. It lasted so well throughout the day and was more than I could have asked for. I absolutely recommend Ashley, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Shannon · Married on 09/01/2018

I cannot say enough amazing things about Ashley. Not only did she give me my dream hair for my wedding (seriously my hair never looked so good in my entire life), but she also applied beautiful false lashes for my mom and bridesmaids. The first time I met Ashley was the day of my wedding. I didn’t do a trial since I live in Los Angeles, but Ashley made me few comfortable and confident in her abilities from her very first email. Not only is her work incredible, she also has a very kind, calming presence which is so important during your wedding day. All my bridesmaids and mom loved their false lashes too! Ashley had a variety of different options when it came to the lashes, so each girl could pick a look that best suited her. If you are thinking of hiring Ashley for your wedding, don’t hesitate and book her ASAP. I’ll update the post with pictures as soon I get my photos back. Can’t wait to share her amazing work (and show off my hair)!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Shannon · Married on 08/25/2018

Ashley and her team were the best I could of had to join me on my wedding day! They were on-time, so friendly and did the most amazing hair and makeup! Ashley and team are very talented, we had a variety of up-do's our hair had braids, curls and twists and all looked gorgeous while the makeup made our skin look smooth and flawless! She really made me feel special and calm on such a big day. She even stayed late to hang with my girls and I to touch up the flower girls hair and wait for my mom to arrive to show us where to place the veil. Ash is one of a kind and I hands down without a doubt would highly recommend her for any special occasion to do your hair and make-up! We loved you Ash!!!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Daylight · Married on 08/18/2018

Ashley is incredibly talented! She really listens to your ideas on how you envisioned your look. I am not the most decisive person when it comes to some aspects, especially hair and makeup but she helped me narrow it all down to the perfect look and style. It was beyond my imagination and I am grateful that she helped me feel beautiful, comfortable and myself on my wedding day, despite having skin breakouts. She is so personable, even my mom and bridesmaids loved her! Thank you Ashley!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Katie · Married on 08/11/2018

Ashley was so great to work with and her and her assistant did a beautiful job for me, my bridesmaids, and my mother-in-law at my wedding. I loved my makeup, especially the fake eyelashes! Nothing was too over the top - I still looked like me, but my skin/eyes/lips looked great and the makeup stayed on all night. Ashley was super accommodating and listened to what I really wanted, and was able to adjust as needed. She even brings you nice MAC lipstick day of that you get to keep! Definitely would recommend Ashley for wedding makeup (I had my long-time hair dresser do my hair, otherwise I would have probably used her for hair, too)!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Katie · Married on 08/02/2018

My sister and I had the best experience getting our hair and makeup done by Ashley from Blush Hair & Makeup on my wedding day! She did such an amazing job and was so much fun to work with! We would both definitely recommend her and her business to anyone getting married! :)

Sent on 08/24/2018

K · Married on 07/14/2018

I cannot recommend Ashley and her assistant Tanika enough. Ashley did my makeup and half my bridesmaids while Tanika did my Mother-in-Law and the other half of the bridesmaids for my wedding in Aptos on July 14, 2018.

From the very beginning, Ashley was always polite and responsive to my e-mail inquiries and when I met her in person, I knew she was the person I wanted for my makeup! Plus is she never pushed a hard sell on anything; she was genuinely jovial and kind. Excellent customer service.

I was a bad bride and did not prepare many examples when I went in for my trial. She knew I did not want a soft glam sort of look and wanted to channel my inner fae queen, and boy did she nail it! My dress had a teal bodice with purple flower accents, so she chose to use purples in my bridal look. It was amazing! My personal aesthetic can result in going a touch overboard so she perfectly managed the line between just enough color without going nuts (which I would do if I were left to my own devices). There were very few tweaks that she happily adjusted and she was patient with my waffling on lip color.

Day of the wedding - once again, I looked stunning. My bridal party looked phenomenal. Ashley is a makeup magician and did my bright colorful look and soft glam for the bridal party; all very tastefully done. Tanika worked wonders as well for my other members. They are a great pair that work in concert with one another. My makeup was completed by 14:45 and it was still perfect by 23:00. I'm sure it would have lasted longer if I needed it to.

Edited to add: I didn't see all of this, but one of my bridesmaid's opted to do her makeup herself (totally fine, since they were paying for it). Ashley took the time to help her with her false lashes and calmed her down when she was freaking out about her makeup. She wasn't paid by this bridesmaid and she was still so sweet and amazing to help out my person!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Devan · Married on 07/06/2018

Wow - Ashley & her team did an amazing job on the bridal party hair & makeup for our wedding! She was so sweet and easy to get along with during my trial and was a big part of a relaxed and fun day on our wedding morning. She is great and taking apart example photos to capture what you really like in the photo to give you the perfect look. She wanted me to be happy and was open to feedback throughout the process. See for yourself - our hair & makeup looked great! https://rachelblackwell.com/matt-devan-oceano/

Sent on 07/15/2018

Stephanie · Married on 07/05/2018

Ashley and her team were fantastic! Our photographer recommended that I reach out to her, and I'm so glad I did. She is fun and keeps things light while being extremely professional. I knew after my trial (about five months before) that I was in good hands. She carefully explained and documented what she was doing and was great about providing suggestions as I was still figuring out exactly what I wanted. I love that she took clear pictures that she shared with me so that I had some time to modify things slightly before the big day (after figuring out accessories, etc.). Originally, I had planned for just my mother and me to have our hair and makeup done, but decided a few months before to request her services for my bridesmaids, as well. She was really great about adding this on and quickly secured two more stylists. I especially appreciated her energy on the morning of the wedding. Her calm, easygoing nature helped me and my ladies feel relaxed and confident. We started right on time and had plenty of time to spare before pictures and the ceremony. I truly felt beautiful and excited to see my groom after she got me all prepped. I highly recommend Ashley and Blush Hair and Makeup Design. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Ruth · Married on 06/23/2018

I used Blush Hair and Makeup Design for my wedding and had an wonderful experience! Starting with the trial, Ashley was attentive to what I had in mind for my hair/makeup and made sure I was able to voice any ideas so that we could make it perfect. On the days leading up to my wedding, Ashley remained in contact with me for us to review any changes. Then on the day of the wedding, she executed our ideas flawlessly and I could not have been happier. My makeup remained on for the entire day and I received endless compliments on my hair throughout the day as well. Ashley and her team also did my bridesmaids hair, which all turned out perfect. I highly recommend this company!!!

Sent on 07/14/2018
    Blush Hair and Makeup Design 8
    Blush Hair and Makeup Design 9
    Blush Hair and Makeup Design 10

Cheryl · Married on 06/15/2018

Ashley is so awesome and I would 100% recommend her! I did a hair and makeup trial with her first before my wedding - she took notes and pictures to make sure it was perfect on my wedding day. She was patient and we worked through a couple options until it was right. Then on the wedding day it was so easy since she had her notes/pictures to just go. My wedding day was crazy windy and my hair stayed through it all. Honestly one of the easiest people to work with and with great style and a great eye to get your hair and makeup exactly how you envision. Ashley (and Malina who came to do the bridesmaids) were so fun and down to earth to hang out with before my wedding and I feel very lucky for finding her!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Tatyana · Married on 04/28/2018

Ashley and Tanika did an amazing job that had me smiling from ear to ear on my wedding day. I highly recommend Blush Hair and Makeup Design for your special day!

I arrived at the salon (note I say an actual salon and not someone’s home), and I instantly noted how bright and welcoming it was. It was decorated like something straight out of an Instagram post! My dad was also very happy to get a very lovely cup of tea (or two, or three?) while he waited patiently on the sofa.

The makeup trail was first:

I should note that my skin is incredibly sensitive, and a lot of products break me out like nothing else. I was very pleased that Tanika was prepared with an array of high quality products for me. I also noted how impeccably clean her makeup and equipment was. There wasn’t an eyeshadow dust particle outside of their designated circular containers!!! Very professional. I knew I was in good hands.

I was going for a very natural look, and the whole makeup trial didn’t take more than 45min and the makeup completely covered all of my acne scars without being cakey! Tanika has an absolute magic touch!!!

The hair trial:

Ashley utilized her expertise in guiding me on what would fit my hair type and length best. I was lucky enough in that we had time to try two updos and decide between them as to which worked best.

The whole experience was so much fun!

Ashley made the most marvelous curls and twirls in my hair, and just the right amount of hairspray and bobby pins to keep everything in place, yet still managed to make my hair look touchable. My hair normally can’t hold a curl to save it’s life but Ashely sprinkled some fairy dust and ensured that my hair stayed perfect for the next 10 hours.

On my wedding day, my makeup and hair stayed on through ocean winds and crazy dancing (because hey, I like to dance), from 2PM all the way until midnight when I reluctantly took it all off.

Thank you Blush for making me look and feel so glamorous on my wedding!!

Sent on 05/10/2018
    Blush Hair and Makeup Design 11
    Blush Hair and Makeup Design 12
    Blush Hair and Makeup Design 13
    Blush Hair and Makeup Design 14
    Blush Hair and Makeup Design 15
    Blush Hair and Makeup Design 16

Jessica · Married on 09/23/2017

Ashley and her team are absolutely amazing! We had 26 services (13 hair and 13 makeup) for my wedding and not only did every girl look completely gorgeous, the team ran an hour AHEAD of time!! They started right on time but then were so efficient that we ended up having a full extra hour for photos that we otherwise wouldn't have had time to capture. They were fun, incredibly professional, and absolute artists at hair and makeup. I couldn't have asked for anything better. To top it all off, at the last minute as Ashley was about to walk out the door, I suddenly got something in my eye and it started profusely watering. Ashley stayed overtime and completely re-did that half of my eye/face makeup after I got the debris out of my eye. She couldn't have been more sweet and I felt my most beautiful on my big day. All my bridesmaids (plus my mom and my husbands mom) were gushing about how lovely they felt and it made the whole "getting ready" experience so much more fun for me, watching all the girls excitedly showing each other their beautiful hair and makeup. Thank you so much Ashely and all the girls at Blush Hair and Makeup Design!!!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/16/2017

Ashley with Blush Hair and Makeup Design was simply the best. We discussed the look I wanted for my wedding day and she was incredibly attentive, even taking time to stop and ask about different hues/looks/ etc. I could not have been happier with the makeup and hair design that she provided for my wedding day! It was exactly what we had accomplished during our trial together. I felt gorgeous all day and received so many compliments.

The best part - Ashley is so kind and fun! We spent the morning of my wedding day together while she did my hair/makeup and she and I had a ball chatting and laughing. Her delightful personality kept me calm and smiling all morning long. She works quickly while filling the room with chill, friendly vibes. Oh, did I mention how much a LOVED the hair and makeup? <3

Sent on 10/05/2017

Meghan · Married on 08/12/2017

Ashley was amazing! We had such a good time while getting ready for my wedding...really calmed my nerves! She was up for anything, even me changing my hairstyle day of! I have nothing but GREAT things to say about Ashley and Blush HMD.

Sent on 10/07/2017

Megan · Married on 06/03/2017

Ashley and her team were absolutely fantastic to work with! They were professional, efficient and easy to work with. Myself and the bridal party looked beautiful and our hair and makeup lasted all night. Ashley is incredibly organized and an excellent communicator making the planning process easy! I would HIGHLY recommend Blush Hair and Makeup for any wedding.

Sent on 06/13/2017

Lorena · Married on 05/20/2017

I felt beautiful on my wedding day! My makeup and my moms makeup looked natural and lasted the entire day.

Sent on 12/27/2017

Emily · Married on 04/29/2017

Ashley and her team were absolutely amazing on all fronts -- flexible, talented, professional, and just a joy to spend my wedding day with! I'm not someone who usually enjoys getting my hair and makeup done. I've never been happy with the unfamiliar face I see looking back in the mirror, but Ashley made me feel like my very best self on my special day and I can't thank her enough! I had minor tweaks from our hair trial and she absolutely nailed it day of. Everything was natural and me, but also held up all day long without even needing a touchup. Pure magic :) Thank you, Ashley!!!

Sent on 05/31/2017

Katherine · Married on 04/22/2017

Can't imagine that anyone could have done a better job than Ashley! She is incredibly talented and after my first consultation I knew that my hair worries were over. Ashley is simply the best!!

Sent on 05/09/2017

Kristie · Married on 03/21/2017

We decided to elope to Big Sur to get married. I didn’t know any hair & make up people in Big Sur, and I found out about Ashley through the lodge we stayed at. Ashley was an absolute joy to work with and very professional. She arrived on time, and we laughed and giggled as she did my hair and make up, on my wedding day. I was thrilled with the end results of my make up and my pretty curls she added to my hair. I would recommend her in a heartbeat. She does beautiful work.

Sent on 05/15/2017

Kendal · Married on 10/01/2016

Ashley is a DREAM to work with; she did hair for me and my 6 bridemaids and my mother in law--everyone felt SO beautiful and loved their hair--they also just loved Ashley's wonderful, kind, fun and awesome personality! I would HIGHLY recommend hiring her; I am super picky about my hair and she did the most beautiful job on both my wedding and at the hair trial!!!!

OHHHH and my curls stayed in ALL night :) Literally my hair just kept getting more and more amazing as the night went on instead of having it fall out and look like a mess!!

SHE IS A GODSEND :)

Sent on 10/12/2016

Ashley put my hair in a long braid using extensions and it was absolutely gorgeous (think of the princess from Aladdin)! She was incredibly easy to work with, and helped bring my bridal vision to reality. My makeup was natural and outstanding. Her helpers were great and were flexible in moving girl's times around when girls didn't show up on time. I would use her again and recommend her for your wedding. I didn't do any price shopping prior to booking, so I don't know what typical wedding prices are, my hair and makeup was around $500 which seems reasonable considering the amount of work. Hair for my girls was around $500 for 4 or 5 girls, and makeup was about the same. I went in for 2 trials as the first hairstyle was too formal for my dress (but still beautiful). Reserve Ashley. She's wonderful!

Sent on 10/06/2016
  • User7198026 · 2+ years ago

Ashley and her team were absolutely fabulous. They were so helpful and did a wonderful job on all of our hair and makeup including my niece who was a flower girl. Everyone looked amazing. Not overdone, just natural beauty. I highly recommend Ashley and her team. Samantha was also so great and did such an amazing job with the hair flowers and boho chic look.

Sent on 09/13/2016

My bridemaids and I loved our hair and makeup! The fact that Ashley and Samantha were so professional and such lovely company was the icing on the cake. I would highly recommend Blush Hair and Makeup Design.

Sent on 08/10/2016