Blush Hair and Makeup Design Reviews

Blush Hair and Makeup Design 6
Blush Hair and Makeup Design 7

Ruth Gonzalez · Married on 07/27/2019

Amazing Job!

Ashley and her team were amazing! They really listened to all our requests and Ashley made me feel so beautiful on my special day.

Melissa Nunes · Married on 07/13/2019

Ashley and her team were amazing!

Ashley and her team were absolutely wonderful. They did an amazing job on myself as well as all my bridesmaids. I would 100% recommend.

Blush Hair and Makeup Design 8
  • Lili

Lili Gladish · Married on 07/07/2019

Amazing!

Ashley was incredible and did a stunning job on my hair and makeup! I couldn't be more please with how everything turned out. She was also the NICEST person ever - I loved her right away and felt like she fit in with me and my friends. I would recommend Ashley to anyone in a heartbeat!!

Blush Hair and Makeup Design 9
    Blush Hair and Makeup Design 10
    Blush Hair and Makeup Design 11
  • Bryan

Bryan West Ana Kahana · Married on 07/06/2019

Fairy Tale Hair

I was looking for a hairstylist that knew how to work with braids and textured hair. As soon as I saw Ashley's work I knew she will be a perfect fit for me and my bridesmaids.
    We did a test before the wedding day and she was able to show me 2 different options for the hairstyle I was looking for. It took me almost a week to decide because both styles were gorgeous! On the wedding day, my hair was exactly what I envisioned. Even the next day my hair still looked beautiful.

Sent on 09/01/2019
    Blush Hair and Makeup Design 12

Stephanie Tjosvold · Married on 07/06/2019

Compliments were flying

I’m not a girly girl and have low self confidence in myself, but obviously wanted to look amazing in my special day. I had picked out a few hair styles but was extremely concerned about how it would look with my face. Ashley and Tanika were very professional during my trial hair and make up and took notes on what to change on my wedding day. Gotta look the freshest! Day of my event, I and everyone else was blown away by the final results. The compliments were flying like rice being thrown, thank you again!

Sent on 09/11/2019

Lisa Evans · Married on 06/22/2019

Highly recommend!

I hired Blush Hair and Makeup for my wedding and am so happy I did. I wanted a very specific look for my hair and Ashley executed it perfectly. Her and Tanika, her makeup artist, made everyone look amazing!!

I was planning my wedding from another state and Ashley came recommended. She was so easy to communicate with and so sweet! I would hire her anytime and recommend her over and over again!

Sent on 08/31/2019
  • Katherine

Katherine Flynn · Married on 06/01/2019

Ashley is the BEST!

Ashley is the kind of person that you want to be around when your nerves are through the roof on your wedding day. She is not only extremely talented at hair+makeup, but she is calming, funny/silly, and a blast to hang out with. On the day of the wedding, she was almost like a big sister, backing me up and advocating for me! We did a couple hair/makeup trials because I was pretty unsure of my vision and never really get glammed up. Ashley was extremely receptive to my feedback, understood my vision for a “barely makeuped wood nymph,” and executed my wishes perfectly. In looking at her portfolio, it is clear that she can cover the full range of bridal wishes, which truly speaks to her talent. I felt so beautiful (and my husband agreed), and was able to dance my heart out without worrying about my hair and makeup. Shout out to Tanika and Camille, who also helped to make my bridesmaids and mothers look and feel beautiful.

Sent on 07/23/2019
  • Jacklyn

Jacklyn Pender · Married on 05/11/2019

Ashley & the Blush Team - off the charts!

Ashley and the Blush team were absolutely amazing! From start to finish Ashley made me feel so comfortable and the process was smooth and seamless. Most importantly, I felt so beautiful the day of - I couldn't have asked for my hair and makeup to look any better than it did! Not only does Ashley having an amazing talent, but she was also such a joy to work with!

Sent on 07/15/2019
    Blush Hair and Makeup Design 13
    Blush Hair and Makeup Design 14

Alexandra · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing, talented makeup and hair artists

I cannot put into words how wonderful Ashley and her team of women are. They are down to earth, kind, easy going, and made everyone in my bridal party feel so incredibly beautiful and confident. I even had girls who were not originally going to get their hair and makeup done opt into getting it done last minute because they loved the work that they saw. They made us feel relaxed and not rushed (they even finished early!). Highly, highly recommend!!!

Sent on 01/28/2019

Megan · Married on 10/13/2018

Stunning hair and makeup

Ashley is incredible! I had a rough idea of what I wanted for hair and makeup, but from my trial on, Ashley helped turn my loose vision into the perfect look! She was so open to feedback and understanding what priorities I had for both myself and my bridesmaids. The morning of the wedding Ashley was such a calming presence! We had a lot of morning-of visitors drop by and she made sure to make time for me to say hello to everyone while still keeping us on schedule. She is absolutely an advocate for the bride if needed, which is so nice to have in your corner on such a busy day. It was a bit crazy but she was so calm and cheerful and helped create a calming and positive atmosphere. Also, the looks she and her team created for both myself, the bride, and my bridesmaids and mother were incredible. Everyone felt beautiful and loved both their hair and makeup and mine was absolutely perfect. It lasted so well throughout the day and was more than I could have asked for. I absolutely recommend Ashley, you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Shannon · Married on 09/01/2018

I cannot say enough amazing things about Ashley. Not only did she give me my dream hair for my wedding (seriously my hair never looked so good in my entire life), but she also applied beautiful false lashes for my mom and bridesmaids. The first time I met Ashley was the day of my wedding. I didn’t do a trial since I live in Los Angeles, but Ashley made me few comfortable and confident in her abilities from her very first email. Not only is her work incredible, she also has a very kind, calming presence which is so important during your wedding day. All my bridesmaids and mom loved their false lashes too! Ashley had a variety of different options when it came to the lashes, so each girl could pick a look that best suited her. If you are thinking of hiring Ashley for your wedding, don’t hesitate and book her ASAP. I’ll update the post with pictures as soon I get my photos back. Can’t wait to share her amazing work (and show off my hair)!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Shannon · Married on 08/25/2018

Ashley and her team were the best I could of had to join me on my wedding day! They were on-time, so friendly and did the most amazing hair and makeup! Ashley and team are very talented, we had a variety of up-do's our hair had braids, curls and twists and all looked gorgeous while the makeup made our skin look smooth and flawless! She really made me feel special and calm on such a big day. She even stayed late to hang with my girls and I to touch up the flower girls hair and wait for my mom to arrive to show us where to place the veil. Ash is one of a kind and I hands down without a doubt would highly recommend her for any special occasion to do your hair and make-up! We loved you Ash!!!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Daylight · Married on 08/18/2018

Ashley is incredibly talented! She really listens to your ideas on how you envisioned your look. I am not the most decisive person when it comes to some aspects, especially hair and makeup but she helped me narrow it all down to the perfect look and style. It was beyond my imagination and I am grateful that she helped me feel beautiful, comfortable and myself on my wedding day, despite having skin breakouts. She is so personable, even my mom and bridesmaids loved her! Thank you Ashley!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Katie · Married on 08/11/2018

Ashley was so great to work with and her and her assistant did a beautiful job for me, my bridesmaids, and my mother-in-law at my wedding. I loved my makeup, especially the fake eyelashes! Nothing was too over the top - I still looked like me, but my skin/eyes/lips looked great and the makeup stayed on all night. Ashley was super accommodating and listened to what I really wanted, and was able to adjust as needed. She even brings you nice MAC lipstick day of that you get to keep! Definitely would recommend Ashley for wedding makeup (I had my long-time hair dresser do my hair, otherwise I would have probably used her for hair, too)!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Katie · Married on 08/02/2018

My sister and I had the best experience getting our hair and makeup done by Ashley from Blush Hair & Makeup on my wedding day! She did such an amazing job and was so much fun to work with! We would both definitely recommend her and her business to anyone getting married! :)

Sent on 08/24/2018

K · Married on 07/14/2018

I cannot recommend Ashley and her assistant Tanika enough. Ashley did my makeup and half my bridesmaids while Tanika did my Mother-in-Law and the other half of the bridesmaids for my wedding in Aptos on July 14, 2018.

From the very beginning, Ashley was always polite and responsive to my e-mail inquiries and when I met her in person, I knew she was the person I wanted for my makeup! Plus is she never pushed a hard sell on anything; she was genuinely jovial and kind. Excellent customer service.

I was a bad bride and did not prepare many examples when I went in for my trial. She knew I did not want a soft glam sort of look and wanted to channel my inner fae queen, and boy did she nail it! My dress had a teal bodice with purple flower accents, so she chose to use purples in my bridal look. It was amazing! My personal aesthetic can result in going a touch overboard so she perfectly managed the line between just enough color without going nuts (which I would do if I were left to my own devices). There were very few tweaks that she happily adjusted and she was patient with my waffling on lip color.

Day of the wedding - once again, I looked stunning. My bridal party looked phenomenal. Ashley is a makeup magician and did my bright colorful look and soft glam for the bridal party; all very tastefully done. Tanika worked wonders as well for my other members. They are a great pair that work in concert with one another. My makeup was completed by 14:45 and it was still perfect by 23:00. I'm sure it would have lasted longer if I needed it to.

Edited to add: I didn't see all of this, but one of my bridesmaid's opted to do her makeup herself (totally fine, since they were paying for it). Ashley took the time to help her with her false lashes and calmed her down when she was freaking out about her makeup. She wasn't paid by this bridesmaid and she was still so sweet and amazing to help out my person!

Sent on 09/12/2018

Devan · Married on 07/06/2018

Wow - Ashley & her team did an amazing job on the bridal party hair & makeup for our wedding! She was so sweet and easy to get along with during my trial and was a big part of a relaxed and fun day on our wedding morning. She is great and taking apart example photos to capture what you really like in the photo to give you the perfect look. She wanted me to be happy and was open to feedback throughout the process. See for yourself - our hair & makeup looked great! https://rachelblackwell.com/matt-devan-oceano/

Sent on 07/15/2018

Stephanie · Married on 07/05/2018

Ashley and her team were fantastic! Our photographer recommended that I reach out to her, and I'm so glad I did. She is fun and keeps things light while being extremely professional. I knew after my trial (about five months before) that I was in good hands. She carefully explained and documented what she was doing and was great about providing suggestions as I was still figuring out exactly what I wanted. I love that she took clear pictures that she shared with me so that I had some time to modify things slightly before the big day (after figuring out accessories, etc.). Originally, I had planned for just my mother and me to have our hair and makeup done, but decided a few months before to request her services for my bridesmaids, as well. She was really great about adding this on and quickly secured two more stylists. I especially appreciated her energy on the morning of the wedding. Her calm, easygoing nature helped me and my ladies feel relaxed and confident. We started right on time and had plenty of time to spare before pictures and the ceremony. I truly felt beautiful and excited to see my groom after she got me all prepped. I highly recommend Ashley and Blush Hair and Makeup Design. I couldn’t have asked for a better experience!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Ruth · Married on 06/23/2018

I used Blush Hair and Makeup Design for my wedding and had an wonderful experience! Starting with the trial, Ashley was attentive to what I had in mind for my hair/makeup and made sure I was able to voice any ideas so that we could make it perfect. On the days leading up to my wedding, Ashley remained in contact with me for us to review any changes. Then on the day of the wedding, she executed our ideas flawlessly and I could not have been happier. My makeup remained on for the entire day and I received endless compliments on my hair throughout the day as well. Ashley and her team also did my bridesmaids hair, which all turned out perfect. I highly recommend this company!!!

Sent on 07/14/2018
    Blush Hair and Makeup Design 15
    Blush Hair and Makeup Design 16
    Blush Hair and Makeup Design 17

Cheryl · Married on 06/15/2018

Ashley is so awesome and I would 100% recommend her! I did a hair and makeup trial with her first before my wedding - she took notes and pictures to make sure it was perfect on my wedding day. She was patient and we worked through a couple options until it was right. Then on the wedding day it was so easy since she had her notes/pictures to just go. My wedding day was crazy windy and my hair stayed through it all. Honestly one of the easiest people to work with and with great style and a great eye to get your hair and makeup exactly how you envision. Ashley (and Malina who came to do the bridesmaids) were so fun and down to earth to hang out with before my wedding and I feel very lucky for finding her!

Sent on 06/28/2018

Tatyana · Married on 04/28/2018

Ashley and Tanika did an amazing job that had me smiling from ear to ear on my wedding day. I highly recommend Blush Hair and Makeup Design for your special day!

I arrived at the salon (note I say an actual salon and not someone’s home), and I instantly noted how bright and welcoming it was. It was decorated like something straight out of an Instagram post! My dad was also very happy to get a very lovely cup of tea (or two, or three?) while he waited patiently on the sofa.

The makeup trail was first:

I should note that my skin is incredibly sensitive, and a lot of products break me out like nothing else. I was very pleased that Tanika was prepared with an array of high quality products for me. I also noted how impeccably clean her makeup and equipment was. There wasn’t an eyeshadow dust particle outside of their designated circular containers!!! Very professional. I knew I was in good hands.

I was going for a very natural look, and the whole makeup trial didn’t take more than 45min and the makeup completely covered all of my acne scars without being cakey! Tanika has an absolute magic touch!!!

The hair trial:

Ashley utilized her expertise in guiding me on what would fit my hair type and length best. I was lucky enough in that we had time to try two updos and decide between them as to which worked best.

The whole experience was so much fun!

Ashley made the most marvelous curls and twirls in my hair, and just the right amount of hairspray and bobby pins to keep everything in place, yet still managed to make my hair look touchable. My hair normally can’t hold a curl to save it’s life but Ashely sprinkled some fairy dust and ensured that my hair stayed perfect for the next 10 hours.

On my wedding day, my makeup and hair stayed on through ocean winds and crazy dancing (because hey, I like to dance), from 2PM all the way until midnight when I reluctantly took it all off.

Thank you Blush for making me look and feel so glamorous on my wedding!!

Sent on 05/10/2018
    Blush Hair and Makeup Design 18
    Blush Hair and Makeup Design 19
    Blush Hair and Makeup Design 20
    Blush Hair and Makeup Design 21
    Blush Hair and Makeup Design 22
    Blush Hair and Makeup Design 23

Jessica · Married on 09/23/2017

Ashley and her team are absolutely amazing! We had 26 services (13 hair and 13 makeup) for my wedding and not only did every girl look completely gorgeous, the team ran an hour AHEAD of time!! They started right on time but then were so efficient that we ended up having a full extra hour for photos that we otherwise wouldn't have had time to capture. They were fun, incredibly professional, and absolute artists at hair and makeup. I couldn't have asked for anything better. To top it all off, at the last minute as Ashley was about to walk out the door, I suddenly got something in my eye and it started profusely watering. Ashley stayed overtime and completely re-did that half of my eye/face makeup after I got the debris out of my eye. She couldn't have been more sweet and I felt my most beautiful on my big day. All my bridesmaids (plus my mom and my husbands mom) were gushing about how lovely they felt and it made the whole "getting ready" experience so much more fun for me, watching all the girls excitedly showing each other their beautiful hair and makeup. Thank you so much Ashely and all the girls at Blush Hair and Makeup Design!!!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Amanda · Married on 09/16/2017

Ashley with Blush Hair and Makeup Design was simply the best. We discussed the look I wanted for my wedding day and she was incredibly attentive, even taking time to stop and ask about different hues/looks/ etc. I could not have been happier with the makeup and hair design that she provided for my wedding day! It was exactly what we had accomplished during our trial together. I felt gorgeous all day and received so many compliments.

The best part - Ashley is so kind and fun! We spent the morning of my wedding day together while she did my hair/makeup and she and I had a ball chatting and laughing. Her delightful personality kept me calm and smiling all morning long. She works quickly while filling the room with chill, friendly vibes. Oh, did I mention how much a LOVED the hair and makeup? <3

Sent on 10/05/2017

Meghan · Married on 08/12/2017

Ashley was amazing! We had such a good time while getting ready for my wedding...really calmed my nerves! She was up for anything, even me changing my hairstyle day of! I have nothing but GREAT things to say about Ashley and Blush HMD.

Sent on 10/07/2017

Megan · Married on 06/03/2017

Ashley and her team were absolutely fantastic to work with! They were professional, efficient and easy to work with. Myself and the bridal party looked beautiful and our hair and makeup lasted all night. Ashley is incredibly organized and an excellent communicator making the planning process easy! I would HIGHLY recommend Blush Hair and Makeup for any wedding.

Sent on 06/13/2017