Kelly's Wedding Garden & Banquet Reviews

8 | Newhall, CA

8 Reviews for Kelly's Wedding Garden & Banquet

8 Kelly's Wedding Garden & Banquet Reviews

Nicole · Married on 12/09/2016

Best value and service. Mike and Kelly went above and beyond to keep things under control when my officiant was an hour and a half late! They were accommodating and let me come check things out as much as I needed during the planning process. The day of, they took care of everything. Whenever I asked for something it was happily handled immediately. It's the perfect place that can be dressed up for formal or dressed down for casual and anywhere in between. My day was perfect even with the hiccups with my outside vendors. I was catered to like a princess. Best day ever.

Melissa · Married on 11/09/2013

We had our ceremony and reception at Kelly's Garden and had the time of our lives! I have been dreaming about my wedding since I was little and although in a weird location, it was perfect! Mike at Kelly's was so sweet and let me do whatever we needed to make it what we wanted. I'm couldn't of imaged it going any better!

Donald · Married on 06/01/2013

Mike treated us like family. Everything was perfect and exactly as we requested. We absolutely loved having the entire facility to ourselves for the wedding and the reception. The food was fantastic, and the wait staff was first class. We looked far and wide for the perfect wedding venue, and found it right in our back yard. All of our guests commented on how pleasant the facility was, how comfortable they were, and how beautifully everything was decorated at Kelly's Wedding Garden.
    We can't thank Mike enough for his care, hospitality, and kindness during all stages of planning and execution of our wedding.
    Everything was absolutely perfect.
    Thank you Mike.

cliff · Married on 08/04/2012

kellys is a fine venue the main man mike is very good at what he does he delivers excelent service his staff is very professional and accomodating his bar is well stoked the food is excelent we had two delicious entrees of chicken and tri tip is a nice sauce the garden was well and freshly manicured and trimmed up the place is always clean ive visited three other times getting prepared and visiting the gardens there is also a small steak and seafood restarauntwhich after checking with a reference is also excellent i would recommend Kellys for any type of large gaathering who would enjoy a well run business good service friendly staff

Alexis · Married on 05/01/2004

Absolutely beautiful place to hold my wedding and reception. It was so nice to have an entire location to myself. Safe and secure for all of our guests and children attending the wedding. The room was decorated to our exact expectations. The owner made sure everything ran smoothly. The bartender and wait staff were very courteous and accommodating. I was married in the gazebo and my sister-in-law loved it so much she was married by the waterfall the following summer. Just perfect.

Kayla · Married on 01/14/2012

3.6
      2.0

We had our wedding on 1/14/2012. we had a great time at Kelly's. The only negative thin I would say is that you kind of have to bug the owner over and over again to make sure you get everything that you want. The food was great and all my friends had a great time at the bar. We also decorated the gazebo a little more just to give it a more personal look. They were also very flexible with when and how we paid them.

Joshua · Married on 07/14/2018

2.8
      2.0

They double booked the original date and did not realize this until days later when all the other dates had been set and deposits paid. The owner turned the air conditioning during the event making most of the guests hot and uncomfortable. The staff was told this and made excuses and ultimately turned the air conditioning on near the end of the wedding reception. During the open bar the owner would go behind the bar and refuse people drinks even though all of it was paid for in advance. Prior to the start of the wedding the owner came into the bridal suit demanding an extra $500 for "opening" an hour earlier, even though that was not requested by any members of the wedding party.

deb · Married on 07/14/2018

0.4
      0.5

In “pay it forward” effort to help from this day forward.. Mike and Kelly are M and K (for space). K DOUBLE BOOKED for June 2018 so our wedding had to be changed to JULY 2018. EVERYTHING was already scheduled! My son had to argue terms with Mike and Kelly to avoid wedding disaster. It was awful. M and K did not remember special requests. Do not trust, CONTRACT. K forgets things that are not contracted, and MIKE is clearly the boss of her (sad). The AC was NOT turned on for the rehearsal, another wedding was scheduled in two hours, so this makes no sense! M bumped up the AC to 80* constantly through everything! It was so hot! (sad). There was no AC in the restrooms AT ALL. Bridesmaids are not allowed in the bridal room. The brides room was not clean or air conditioned in time! Bring a fan, and contract the temp, it was over 100* outside. Have someone wave a bug zapper around before the garden ceremony because of gnats. Have someone check outside before your wedding. We had Sticky melting GUM on the brides’ shoe, quickly approaching the brides DRESS (not good!). The open bar - BAD. When someone ordered a specific brand, they got charged. Someone was charged $100.00 for a specific in our case. Gma of the groom asked for a Mai-Tai and was told by Mike, "NO WAY!". OMG Mike, why would you be mean to a Gma? If you don't want a grumpy man at the bar, contract that he has to stay away! When M wasn’t behind the bar, or heating up the AC, he was sitting at the table outside the front door being mean to guests. BEWARE that the bride ready room was not locked! Bride’s ready rooms should be locked so valuables aren’t stolen during the wedding. Mike was awful. CONTRACT important details so you don’t have a mad Mike and controlled Kelly situation wherever you go. Best wishes to you all and be good humans while having fun every day!