13813 Fiji Way, Marina del Rey, CA 90292 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Whiskey Red's

Whiskey Red’s in Marina del Rey, California is a waterfront wedding venue that boasts idyllic views and a relaxed atmosphere. This property offers fresh air, sea views, and an abundance of charm. With function spaces both inside and outside, there are beautiful views in almost every direction. What’s more, the presence of friendly and accommodating staff means that couples can unwind and truly enjoy their once-in-a-lifetime celebration.

Facilities and Capacity

Possessing an array of function areas, there are a great deal of choices for hosting ceremonies, receptions, rehearsal dinners, and various other special wedding celebrations. The overall capacity allows for between 20 and 200 people to be seated. The largest space suitable for the soon-to-be-newlyweds to say ‘I do’ is the South Bay Patio. As the name suggests, it offers views of the water, and is often bathed in sunlight. On the red-brick patio area, a gazebo sits for the happy couple to stand under for their big moment. Seats can be arranged here for the wedding party, too. Another ceremony site available is the Marina Patio, and it has a maximum capacity for 50 seated guests. This waterside area would be appropriate for more intimate occasions. Both of these spaces are fitting for saying vows and exchanging rings, but they would also be ideal for cocktail hours or after-dinner conversations.

Elsewhere, there are a couple of reception rooms that provide interior sophistication while also embracing the surrounding views. The South Bay Room is undoubtedly the biggest onsite space. Here, up to 120 people can enjoy a sit-down meal at round tables. Featuring ceiling drapes, tall windows, and inviting decor, it could be the ideal place to raise a toast and make new memories. The Marina Room is also available, and here 60 people can sit down to the wedding-day meal.

The staff at Whiskey Red’s always strive to create unforgettable occasions for their clients. Offering a setting to remember, they also work hard to provide service to match. They can help newlyweds-to-be plan some of the occasion as well as leveraging their expertise for design and layout. Each of these elements combined means that there is less stress for the couple of honor, allowing for a more enjoyable occasion.

Cuisine

Owing to the venue’s location, the cuisine they offer is often infused with seaside favorites and maritime-inspired meals. Harnessing the natural flavors and tastes of fresh and local produce, they create meals to delight. Some of the meals they create include fresh oysters, shrimp scampi, and grilled salmon. What’s more, they also offer brandy, gin, Champagne, wine, beer, and more.

rszimg0791
Offering views of the water
rszimg0791

6 Reviews for Whiskey Red's

Jenn · Married on 10/29/2016

We had both our ceremony and reception at Whiskey Red's and it was the best day of our lives. We planned the entire thing in about 4 months or less. The day was perfect. Our guests loved the food and have been raving about the oyster bar ever since. We were able to customize the look, the feel, the menu and the entire vibe of our wedding as we rented out the whole venue. Our goal was to make sure everyone had fun! And it worked.

The only glitches were in the beginning planning stages when a few key staff members were replaced. So, it was difficult to plan on who was going to actually be around when the big day came. When Sheri took over as head of events, things started to feel more professional. I also brought on Golden Poppy Events to help with wedding day coordination and planning. This helped the transitions go much more smoothly. Over the course of the planning the restaurant itself was getting updated with new floors and new lounge furniture that gave the space an updated look and feel. You cannot beat the view and location at this hidden gem event space. I would go back and do it all over again!

Sent on 01/09/2017

Mary · Married on 07/19/2015

First of all I am very picky. I come from a family of Hospitality professionals. We wanted our Engagement Party at Duke's. They were not flexible and too expensive. So we looked at Whiskey Red's and fell in love with the picturesque location, food, value, options, and they allowed me to come the night before to drop off the decorations. I found the room was set up as we requested with a few minor changes we needed done according to the contract. So they allowed me to set up the center pieces and decorations. The servers offered to help and got me the water to fill the vases. Everything was exactly as I asked for. I now have orders to do other engagements and weddings. I definatly recommend you talk to Jamie at Whiskey Red's.

Sent on 02/20/2015