56 Reviews for Jackie Phillips, Officiant

No Denomination (11)
Rehearsal (10)
Agnostic (6)
Earth-Based (1)

My husband and I feel so incredibly lucky to have found Jackie. In the early stages of planning, we wanted a close friend or family member to officiate our wedding because we wanted it to feel personal. I'm so grateful we decided to hire a professional and even more grateful we met Jackie! From the first phone call all the way to the ceremony, we had felt as if we had known her for years, we were just that comfortable! The ceremony she wrote for us was beyond any expectation I could have had and we received so many compliments! For starters, I didn't even know a ceremony could be as interactive as the one she came up with. There were plenty of quotes to personalize it and I was able to add my own touches that Jackie put together flawlessly. Another reason we are over the moon for Jackie is because she is so inclusive. Selfishly, it didn't even come to mind that there might be officiants out there who wouldn't marry us because of who we love. We're "normal" so we didn't have to think about being judged. I've been able to see other weddings Jackie has done through social media and it makes me so happy to see her pure joy with all the couples she officiates for but I get a little extra teary eyed when I see how inclusive she is. We could not have hand picked a better officiant.

Thank you Jackie for feeling like a long time friend and for creating a wonderful ceremony we will never forget!

Profile Picture Lauren, 8/18/18, 7 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jackie vastly exceeded my expectations of what I expected from an officiant. I was expecting a ceremony that was generally written and could apply to any couple. Instead Jackie allows you to craft your ceremony by offering options of readings, passages, types or vows or ceremonies to fit you as a couple. Even though, my wedding was last minute, she arrived early to meet us in person for the first time and made some day of edits based on this that made the ceremony even more special. She helps guide the day (and in my case, even fixed my train after walking down the aisle since my only guests were our mothers). Both of our mothers could not stop commenting on how much they liked the ceremony and its flow. She knew everything necessary for marriage license filing and mailed it off the first business day after the ceremony. She even sent me a reminder list of all the places I needed to change my name :) I feel very fortunate that she was available for my last minute ceremony and will surely recommend her to anyone I come across getting married in the north Tahoe area. Thanks, Jackie!

Profile Picture L, 8/12/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jackie is so sweet and did such an amazing job. From start to finish she was so warm and really got to know my husband and I. I couldn’t ask for a more beautiful ceremony and we had tons of compliments on her ceremony. I would strongly recommend her for your ceremony.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/11/18, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Rehearsal

Jackie was the very first officiant I looked at when searching for one. When we met her for the first meeting to decide if we wanted her to marry us we knew almost instantly upon meeting her. We wanted a ceremony based on love as opposed to religion and she was easily able to give us exactly what we wanted. She was so sweet and kept us comfortable and in the loop with what she was doing throughout the entire process. Jackie is amazing at what she does and is all around an amazing human being. She made our ceremony very personalized and silly and we absolutely loved it! I will be recommending Jackie to everyone I know getting ready to get married.

Profile Picture Ana, 7/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jackie was such a pleasure to work with! From our initial meeting with her, to fine-tuning our ceremony, she was responsive, original, and flexible; our ceremony really felt like it was all about us which is just what we were looking for. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding officiant in the Lake Tahoe area!

Profile Picture Cara, 6/1/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jackie made our day so wonderful. I do not think that our wedding would have been so special if she had not been there. Jackie was accommodating to our religious needs and was an absolute delight to work with. Jackie also put up with our willful flower girl/dog. My husband and I feel so lucky to have been able to book Jackie for our wedding. I highly recommend booking Jackie as your wedding officiant!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/26/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jackie was absolutely amazing! She really outdid herself. Jackie took the time to get to know my husband and I and wrote a beautiful ceremony for us. She is such a genuine person and made us feel like we've known her forever. If you are looking for an officiant, look no further. Thank you so much Jackie, you are amazing!!!

Profile Picture casey, 5/17/18, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows

We had a quick last minute elopement. Jackie was easy to communicate and really sweet and personable! The ceremony was exactly what we were looking for, short and sweet and in the mist of the beauty of Lake Tahoe.

Profile Picture Julianna, 4/1/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jackie was a complete pleasure to work with right from the beginning. Our wedding was a destination wedding which we planned from out of state so we had to do all of the coordination over the phone or through e-mails. Jackie made the entire process not only easy and efficient, but also very personalized. Her experience and knowledge of the Lake Tahoe area was invaluable and critical for helping us chose the beautiful location and wonderful photographers, bakers, and florists. She was extremely flexible and helped us with the final touches - even bringing and arranging a table with elegant white table-clothes for our unity ceremony. The result was a perfect wedding that was exactly what we wanted. You can tell that Jackie is full of passion for officiating weddings; she loves what she does and that reflects in the beauty of the ceremony. We could not have asked for a better interaction. She made our day the best possible. We recommend her wholeheartedly.

Profile Picture Katherine, 3/31/18, 1 Review
Services Used: Non-religious, Agnostic

Jackie was an English major, so if you care about having an officiant who can use the right words to capture the sentiment that best reflect you, she is your person. We eloped, and had about a week and a half to plan and find an officiant. Jackie talked to us for over an hour on the phone to get to know us, then wrote a beautiful and personalized ceremony that captured our story so well. She is awesome!

Profile Picture Amy, 1/18/18, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

She was more then amazing! We talked with her prior to the wedding so she could get to know who we were as individuals and as a couple. All of her writing was so beautiful and personal, it really shows she loves doing what she does! She welcomed our families (dogs too) with open arms. She waited for myself (the bride) who runs a little late, with no problem. And put up with our handful of a best man that enjoyed giving her a hard time :) ! She made everything fall into place and answered all our questions. Our day wouldn't of been as special without her

Profile Picture shanna, 10/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jackie was amazing to work with. She made us feel comfortable right from the start, and managed to take our vision and turn it into reality. She was the perfect fit for our touches of spirituality that were not mainstream, and brought them to life in such a beautiful way. We had a small pseudo-elopement and between her and our photographer, they were the best two places we invested in our wedding. Well worth every penny. Not only was our ceremony everything and more, she was always super helpful when we had questions about our marriage license, and the rest of the pulling things together process. Plus! She has a beautiful smile and is easy to laugh with and enjoy being around. We would highly recommend her to everyone!

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Customized Vows, Agnostic, Earth-Based, No Denomination, Rehearsal, Non-religious

If you want an amazing ceremony and heart felt personal vows for your wedding then Jackie Philips is the only officiant for you! Jackie was our gift to having a perfect wedding. She not only wrote the full ceremony but also suggested personal touches that we would have never had thought of our selves. We still have people stopping us to share how our ceremony was unforgettable, perfectly unique, and customized to fit the both of us. Jackie wrote vows that helped our love for each other be expressed in such a passionate and meaning full way that we ourselves cried 3 times just reading over them before the ceremony. Jackie is very personable, easy to work with and communicate with. Jackie also has great professionalism. She was always on time and dressed respectful business attire. Our marriage license was sent to the records office the very next business day with a tracking link. She also was a big help with resources for changing our names. Our wedding was wonderful and amazing thanks to Jackie. Her creativity and ability to capture emotion and express them in actions or words will make your wedding memorable to all! Our day was unforgettable and our friendship we gained with Jackie is priceless.

Profile Picture Barbara, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Finding Jackie Phillips to officiate at our elopement was a tremendous gift. Although we began as strangers, her warmth and care soon won our trust... we felt like friends in record time. I can't imagine a better experience, or a kinder, more professional, calmer person to entrust with our marriage ceremony.

Profile Picture Susan, 9/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant

The best experience with any vendor. She really made our entire ceremony the most perfect thing. Definitely worth the money to make our wedding so perfect.

Profile Picture Alexandria, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Agnostic, Customized Vows, Rehearsal, Non-religious

Our experience with Jackie could not have been better! She wrote the most beautiful ceremony for us. We planned the wedding from Australia so couldn't meet her before the big day, but she went out of her way to chat with us and get to know us as a couple so that she could craft a personal and perfect ceremony. Many of my wedding guests commented that it was like Jackie had known us our whole lives, the ceremony was so perfectly tailored to us. It was a beautiful day that had everyone in tears, thanks to Jackie's touching words. She also was great with all the little details too and made everyone feel at ease on the big day! I highly highly recommend Jackie to anyone looking for a beautiful and personal ceremony that you will remember fondly for the rest of your life!

Profile Picture Kari, 8/27/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Agnostic

Jackie was amazing! My husband and I received so many compliments of how our ceremony was so "us." She simply nailed it! Jackie really took time and energy to create a personalized ceremony that fitted us to a T. We totally felt comfortable and calm with Jackie being our officiant. She was professional, thorough, organized, and so full of love and brightness!

Profile Picture Briana, 8/18/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, No Denomination, Rehearsal, Non-religious

Jackie was a game changer. She is so organized and helped us with so much more than just the ceremony. She honestly loves weddings and truly cares for the couples she works with. We met over coffee and she asked us questions to get to know us and our story. She uses all this info to really personalize your ceremony. She made everything so memorable and we had multiple comments from our family and friends with how heartfelt and sincere the ceremony was. The ceremony was something that was really important to us and she nailed it.

Wedding Date: 8/11/17

Profile Picture Lindsey, 8/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Jackie is the best. The ceremony was very touching and personal. She is also extremely organized and did everything to make us feel comfortable. I highly recommend Jackie!

Profile Picture Morgane, 8/5/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

We were so very pleased with Jackie and the ceremony she performed. We even had friends come up to us afterwards to ask how long we had been friends with her because the ceremony seemed so personal. She did such a wonderful job of tying in our personalities into the ceremony. It was beautiful and Jackie was a delight to work with. Our ceremony was just perfect and I highly recommend her!!

Profile Picture Danielle, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant

Jackie was amazing in every way possible. Jackie took the time to get to know us, and treated us as if she was part of the family. My wife and I would absolutely recommend her to anyone getting married. I couldn't of asked for a better officiant for my wedding.

Profile Picture Stephen, 7/25/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Customized Vows, Rehearsal, No Denomination

Jackie was so creative and easy to work with! She took time to get to know us and made a beautiful ceremony that fit us as a couple. If you need an officiant, she is the best!

Profile Picture Jillian, 7/13/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Customized Vows, Rehearsal, Non-religious, No Denomination

I am not sure how to even begin with expressing how incredible it was to work with Jackie for our intimate elopement. It was the most perfect, magical day of my life... The ceremony that Jackie built for our day was above and beyond anything we could have ever imagined. It encompassed us as a couple & as individuals, as well as our intense, unique love for each other and for adventure. Jackie's passion for what she does shows in the details she includes in the ceremonies she writes. I will forever recommend Jackie to anyone looking for something incredibly special to be brought to their wedding day. She will blow you away with her passion & love for what she does! Thank you Jackie, our wedding day would not have been the same without you & your beautiful words!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 7/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Officiant

Amazing!! Very helpful. Soft spoken. Reliable, Trustworthy. Passionate about her job. Strives for excellence. Always was reachable even when she was on vacation.

Profile Picture Nicole, 7/7/17, 3 Reviews