Reno, Reno, NV 89523 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 36

About Wedding Day Vows

The journey begins with your Wedding Day Vows!

I am an ordained minister living in Northern Nevada and certified to perform wedding ceremonies in all fifty states. I have been called a “gifted orator” and “talented wordsmith” who loves to script moving ceremonies that are rich in personalization and customization.

I work with each couple to detail a program that is unique, original and will fit your personality. Some couples want it simple, while others have a clear vision and discriminating tastes. Likewise, I will take the time to understand you (and the family dynamic) so the perfect ceremony is scripted to your satisfaction. We will discuss things like the use, or non use, of religious overtones spoken within the ceremony. Some couples enjoy spiritual references, while other couples wish to have few, if any.

Each consultation is an exploration to discover your sensitivity regarding this and expectations of the overall structure of the ceremony. While I consider myself non-denominational - I am most willing to include any number of traditions, ideas and cultural expressions that are important to you and your family.

I deliver a speaking style that is rich with experience while being warm and welcoming to all of your guests. On the day of the event, I will arrive approximately a half hour before your start time and coordinate with your wedding team. I will manage your wedding license, secure all on-site signatures and file all documents to make your marriage official and legal.

Note: Larry Williams is also the President of the Northern Nevada Bridal Association (www.TheNNBA.com)

The Love Story Presentation & Parents Tribute

The hallmark of my ceremonies are The Love Story Presentation and Parents Tribute. These optional features have become my signature pieces. The Love Story is a beautiful walk down memory lane that shares the story of how the two of you met and fell in love. As a graduate of the Marbecca Method Love Story Workshop training program - I am the only area officiant qualified to craft and deliver this amazing feature. It will have every guest falling in love with the story that brought you both together. The Parents Tribute is another one-of-a-kind original feature. It pays tribute to the parents in a moving and unique way that honors their dedicated years of raising the two amazing people that stand before us. It’s a generational tribute that also mentions grandparents and other important people in your life both present and past. This original tribute honors parents in the most amazing way possible and rarely leaves a dry eye anywhere in the front row.

Officiant Ceremony Music Ceremony Rehearsal Rehearsal Dinner Package

I am a twenty-eight year veteran of the wedding industry and the only certified Wedding Entertainment Director in the entire state of Nevada. I have personally directed dozens of ceremony rehearsals when a wedding coordinator has not been hired. In addition, I am the only officiant in the entire Reno / Lake Tahoe area who can expertly present your pre-ceremony music, marches, microphones and recessional music. I have literally presented music for hundreds of wedding ceremonies in my twenty-eight years. If you want it done right, ask me about either of these two important add-ons.

Note: I would like to take a moment and address the topic of "family friends" who are asked to officiate a wedding ceremony. These well-intended efforts are not as smooth as you might think. As of late, this type of thing has become a fad or trend. More often than not, family friends do not possess the depth of knowledge, smooth delivery and etiquette that a dedicated life-long wedding professional will have. Basically, it's much harder than it looks! Generic ceremonies (often "copied and pasted" from the internet) are less than memorable, especially when delivered by an amateur. Sadly, by the time this has been figured out - it is too late and the moment can never be redone. The bottom line is simple . . . "Friends don't let friends officiate their wedding!"

• Carol Criddle Non-Denominational Wedding Officiant

Videos 1 Video

33 Reviews for Wedding Day Vows

Kashmir Martin · Getting married on 01/09/2022

Perfect Blend of Elegant and Extravagant

After the reality of 2020 set in and the original plan to have friend marry us became impossible my husband (fiancé at the time) needed to find an officiant that would be available for a small ceremony at a private residence in Reno. I honestly had no idea where to begin, so I just started reading bios of random local officiants. I was initially intrigued by Larry’s website and description of his services—specifically, the Love Story Presentation. I immediately showed my fiancé for his input, and he was all in. Interestingly enough, my fiancé had worked with Larry at Harrah’s which is a sentimental place for the beginnings of our relationship. Larry also has several gigs around town, so it was a cool that our paths will most likely cross again. We both knew Larry had the right background to perform a ceremony that would have the perfect blend of elegant and extravagant (exactly what we were looking for).

Prior to the wedding we had a phone interview with Larry where he talked through the general outline for the ceremony. This even included the smallest details such as where everyone would be standing. He actually brought up a great point when it comes to the officiant being in all of the photos. The fix? Larry mentioned that he could perform the ceremony while standing to the side to create a more intimate experience for the couple. Yes, please! Next, he asked us lots of questions to get a good understanding of how we met and fell in love, how the proposal happened, and the details about “us” and our world. Even though the interview was over the phone I felt like the three of us bonded and got to a great place of familiarity. After the interview portion Larry also talked to us about various “rituals” that he could incorporate into the ceremony. I was relieved that he had so many suggestions, because I had given up even thinking about an additional ritual after the fifth Pinterest post that suggested a “sand ceremony.” Finally, Larry also gave us some guidance for writing your own vows.

On the day of I did not even think about the officiant, because he had such confidence and compassion during the pre-marital consultation I knew everything would go smoothly. The Love Story Presentation that Larry crafted was so beautiful and took me back to all of our wonderful experiences. I would highly recommend every couple include the Love Story for any size ceremony. Larry delivered the lovely ceremony, got signatures from our witnesses, and was promptly on his way. He also filed the paperwork! Larry helped make our wedding day memorable and worry free.

Sent on 10/09/2020

Amber · Getting married on 12/10/2021

Special Ceremony

Larry was very professional, easy to work with, and created such a personalized ceremony. The script he put together was unforgettable! I would highly recommend. Thank you, Larry!!

Sent on 11/02/2020

Sarah · Getting married on 05/12/2021

Created a beautiful ceremony

Larry worked with my husband and I to help us create a beautiful, personalized ceremony. He is very responsive, professional, and has a warm personality. I could not ask for a better officiant. He helped to make our day perfect by working with us to create exactly what we wanted. Thank you, Larry!!

Sent on 01/06/2020

Wedding Day Vows FAQ

• Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Single Religion
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Agnostic
    Methodist
    No Denomination
    Orthodox Christian
    Presbyterian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
    30-60 mins.
    60+ mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    AL
    WV
    WI
    WY

• Reno Reno, Nevada, 89523 See on map
    Location of (Wedding Day Vows)