Home Studios Inc. Reviews

4 | New York, NY

4 Reviews for Home Studios Inc.

1 User photo

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 07/20/2019

Absolutely a hidden gem!

Home Studios isn't yet well-known as a wedding venue, and that was one of the main reasons we chose it. Part of me hesitates to extol its virtues so that it can remain a well-kept secret in the wedding world, but the better part of me needs you to know how awesome this venue is. Home Studios is exceptionally well-located especially if you have a lot of out-of-town guests, because the neighborhood is clearly safe and lovely. We rented both Studio 1 and 2, and enjoyed the beauty of both spaces -- particularly and the high ceilings, exposed brick, and large windows that provide tons of natural light during the day. We were also allowed to take sunset photos on the roof featuring the nearby skyline, which I very much look forward to seeing in our wedding album! My favorite thing about this venue, however, is how easy the managers are to work with. At all times they were quick to respond to emails, got right to business answering my questions instead of responding with form messages, were forthright about pricing and policies, and were generally easygoing and pleasant. Our experience with Home Studios was zero-fuss -- which is absolutely something you should look for in any vendor, given how many other potential sources of stress there are in making a wedding happen!

Sent on 07/24/2019

J · Married on 09/23/2017

Home Studios is a beautiful venue!! I just had my wedding here and it was such a cool space to have it. My fiancé had looked at a few places and as soon as we walked into Studio 1, we knew that this was where we wanted to get married. The big windows with the backdrop of the city/buildings in the area was cool, and the light was awesome. The team here, studio manager was very responsive and easy to work with. Both he and studio assistants were fantastic and lovely and nice and very accommodating.

Sent on 09/30/2017

Anita · Married on 04/22/2017

I love this place. Like the other review, I cannot say enough good things. We used the loft on the fourth floor. It is a classic old New York building with floor to ceiling windows, beautiful archways, white columns and they have made it so beautiful with rolling barn doors, vintage furniture options. It is just a beautiful space that you can use as is or add decor to.
    My main contact was Travis, and he was great. Incredibly responsive, and very accommodating of site visits and emails with all kinds of questions. All of the folks we encountered were great, including the owner and our day-of-event coordinator Eric.

We had 84 people at long tables and it was a great size for that providing lots of room for mingling and a dance floor. The kitchen is a great space for caterers to work from and really require minimal rentals as far as kitchen equipment. The entire space is beautifully kept up, the foyer entrance, restrooms, main space, kitchen, etc.

There is a built in sound system that worked great for our needs, so that too was one less thing we needed to worry about. The entrance area was great for table cards and a guest book table and main space could be set up in a variety of ways.

The location is also great, easy to get to via public transportation and tons of parking garages around.
    We honestly could not have been happier with this space. After endlessly looking at places that weren't quite right or foolishly overpriced, we stumbled upon this place and it was fate. It truly was perfect for all of our needs.

Sent on 05/25/2017
  • Patricia Bellantoni

Patricia · Married on 11/12/2011

I can't say enough good things about this space and its manager Carlos!

After searching all over for a perfect place for our 70-person wedding, we knew this was perfect. Gorgeous and elegant, yet has a comfortable feeling. Refreshingly and fairly priced. And dealing with Carlos is a pleasure.

Carlos put us at ease from the start and is one of the reasons we chose this space. He's so patient, helpful, and - I must say - kind. Never pushy like other rental managers. Always quick with a complete answer, no matter how many questions we emailed! He answered our vendors' emails and arranged for them to preview the space. He was there to quietly help during the wedding and with cleanup.

The loft's incredibly convenient location and "non-scary" neighborhood were appreciated by our small-town guests. They said they loved the "quintessential New York" experience of being in a high-ceiling loft.

Neutral in a great way; you can do anything with it (or leave it as-is and it doesn't feel naked). The paper globe ceiling lanterns can be dimmed for just the right atmosphere. There are well-placed hookups into the BOSE speakers tactically placed in the ceiling, so we could connect an iPod and get fabulous sound.

(Their site has more event photos and a layout diagram.)

Highly, highly recommended.