Hollywood Bridal Reviews

Hollywood Bridal 3
Hollywood Bridal 4
Hollywood Bridal 5

Jessica · Married on 06/12/2015

this family owned business is amazing. Finding the perfect dress is important to any bride- but can be costly. At Hollywood Bridal they work with your budget to help you find your dress. They also give you free alterations on your dress (which is amazing!) I got my dress, my mothers dress, and my bridesmaid dresses there and they were so accommodating. They made me feel beautiful in a dress that was perfect for me!!! Thank you ladies!!!!

Sent on 07/05/2015

Ashley · Married on 06/21/2014

I used Hollywood Bridal for my wedding dress and my bridesmaid dresses based on reviews about the quality of the alteration and the fact they are a family run business. I couldn't be happier with the results of that choice! When I went for my first appointment looking for my dress, we were in a private room with all the dresses they have and the ability to look through the racks - which is better than only seeing what an attendant brings out to you. They were amazing with helping me try different styles to make sure I found what worked best for me, and I ended up buying a style I originally thought I wouldn't like! Maria and her team were on top of everything from the beginning! They were so organized with ordering the bridesmaid dresses, calling as soon as my dress was in, calling when the girls' dresses were in, setting up fitting appointments, etc. They did an amazing job with the alterations to my dress, I was so comfortable all day without having to pull up my strapless dress while I danced like crazy! My bridesmaids all said they were extremely happy with the alterations on their dresses, and they also didn't have to keep pulling up their strapless dresses all night! Everyone looked amazing and the process with Hollywood Bridal was completely stress free, and the entire team there was amazing and always welcoming and helpful!

Sent on 07/26/2014
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 05/24/2014

Maria and her team were wonderful. I was referred to them by a co-worker and even though I live in NYC, I ordered my dress from them to support their business. They are a personal and family run shop with many years of bridal experience. The first trial was really nice and fun. They only take 1 bride at a time, so it does feel special with all mirrors and eyes on you. Alteration costs are included, and Jersey is tax free, so definitely some perks for NYC brides. I found my Casablanca gown at a different big store in the city, but Hollywood had no problem ordering it for me even though they didn't carry that exact design. The next two fittings were great. Everything was expertly done, and the gown was ready on time as promised.

Sent on 06/07/2014

Sarah · Married on 05/17/2014

I found Hollywood Bridal through reviews on this and other sites. I initially went for my own bridal gown and had a wonderful experience. The ladies listened very well to my requests, ideas, and concerns. I got a dress that I never would have expected, but loved it for exactly that reason. They even bore with me while I went back and forth between the expected and the unexpected. I'm so happy with my choice. The fact that alterations (except for my bustle) were included was a total bonus! Alterations (even when I showed up in a snow storm for my first fitting) went flawlessly, and they allayed any fears or concerns I had.
    I also had my bridesmaids purchase their dresses here and they came with plenty of time to spare. Even more so because miraculously they fit like a glove! One of the bridesmaids wasn't local and was able to pick up her dress when she was in town and took in home that very day of her fitting because of the flawlessnes of the size. Both of the girls raved about their experiences and loved their dresses.
    One thing I can say for sure is these ladies know how to measure and fit people so well! I crossed a few sizes and had a dress that needed to be ordered to the correct length there was no way to hem it because of the lace edging and it came in perfectly! Something that never happens especially for me being on the short side. I was so shocked and happy!
    All of the guests at the wedding complimented us all on our dress choices and I learned that my choice totally paid off, everyone loved it and I felt absolutely beautiful and special on such a wonderful day.
    I can't thank the ladies at Hollywood Bridal enough for all they did to help make my dress and my day special. Totally recommend checking this place out!

Sent on 05/29/2014
  • Tara

Tara · Married on 05/03/2014

Hollywood Bridal was great. Their service is friendly, warm & supportive. My bridesmaids and mom got their dress here and they helped me with the alterations on my gown. When I wanted a veil, they picked out the perfect one! Their appointment times for fittings worked well with my full time job and the quality of alternations were perfect. My bustle stayed up all night.
    11 years ago my sister & her wedding party (including me) got our dresses here. Their service and warm service hasn't changed one bit while their selection has kept up with the times!

Sent on 05/22/2014

Hollywood Bridal was amazing in every way. I went there already having a different dress in mind and luckily it was from a vendor they had a contract with and they were able to get me the dress i had seen some where else for $800 cheaper. --They also had a very nice selection of bridal gowns, veils, tiaras and shoes.

They also had the bridesmaid dress I had selected so we ended up ordering the bridesmaid dresses from them too--again for much cheaper.

All the while the staff was kind and patient and really made us feel welcome. They never rushed us and even stayed late to work with us a few times.

Alterations were included.--the alterations lady is amazing. I was so worried about all the stylistic changes I wanted to my dress but she figured out how to give me what I wanted and to make it look professional. I'm extreme picky but she listened to everything time after time and made sure I felt 100%comfortable with my dress.

Some of the bridesmaids also had more complicated alterations. She executed everything flawlessly and they were all very happy with their dresses.

They carry a really cool selection of bridesmaid dresses too.

**This place also carries flower girl dresses, mother of the bride dresses and tuxes

Sent on 01/18/2014

Christina · Married on 10/12/2013

Hollywood Bridal was the 3rd bridal store that I went to, and they could not have been more pleasant to work with. When you make a Bridal appointment, you have your own private section of the store for an hour so you're not sharing dressing rooms/dresses with other brides. They have a wide range of dresses and brands at a range of prices, and offer free alterations (huge savings!!). I went to Jefre's Bridal in Green Brook and they could not have been more rude, overbooked and disrespectful. With a similar selection of brands and dresses, pick Hollywood over any other salon in the area!!

Sent on 11/14/2013

Lucy · Married on 10/11/2013

I loved my dress!! Hollywood Bridal was so accommodating and did an amazing job with the alterations. I was nervous because my dress had to be taken in, but it turned out great! You could not even tell anything had been done to it.

Sent on 10/17/2013

Hollywood bridal is such an amazing bridal shop. I love that there are no sales tax and free alterations on the wedding gowns so I was able to save money on a tight budget. I called many bridal shops in NYC and around NJ and they all gave me a late arrival date for my gown. When I almost gave up, Hollywood bridal reassured me it would arrive 2 months before my wedding and it did!! The seamstress was so good that I only needed one fitting and it fit like a glove. I recommend this place to all brides that are looking for great service!!

Sent on 09/04/2013

It's no surprise to me that Hollywood Bridal has 5/5 from everyone. They are simply the best. Their selection of wedding gowns is wonderful and they are fairly priced. In addition to that, alterations (except for the bustle) are included, so they are the best priced dress shop around. My dress came in on time and was simply gorgeous. They altered it so it fit me like a glove- it was just absolutely STUNNING!! I got my veil and a beaded belt there too, and I could not be more pleased with their quality or service. The bustle held up all night (I know some bustles break, I did not have this problem) and was easy to do with a hook and eye system.
    My husband bought his tux there, too, and the rest of the men rented. They offered slim fit, which my husband definitely wanted and we struggled to find. The tuxes are SO nice and excellent quality for a fair price. My husband had his tux altered there (included in the price) and they also did a phenomenal job on this. I would not hesitate to go there for anything else needed. Go there today & you will not regret it!!

Sent on 08/01/2013
  • Tanya

Tanya · Married on 07/03/2013

I got my wedding dress here and it was the best experience. They make you feel so comfortable here. I was recommended to go here from a friend and I am so happy I went. My dress was everything I pictured and they were so accommodating. I would definitely recommend all my friends getting married to go here.

Sent on 07/20/2013

This shop has quality dresses at a variety of price points. The family owned shopped has a relaxed atmosphere and a private room where they have the bridal gowns. Only one bride per appointment so you have their full attention. Unlike some of the shops I went to there was no pressure to buy or decide that they. They encouraged me to sleep on it! I bought a beautiful Casa Blanca gown at a competitive price. Huge bonus to me was that the shop includes alterations in the price so you know going to into it exactly what it will cost. They charge extra to add a bustle or built in bra – however, length and taking in/letting out was included. I have recommended this shop to all of my engaged friends.

Sent on 07/26/2013

Alexandra · Married on 05/19/2013

I used Hollywood bridal for my wedding, and I could not be happier with the level of service they provided. I found my dream gown here and my bridesmaid gowns as well. All alterations for me and my bridal party were free, and everything came out beautifully. Maria, the owner, created a gorgeous bustle for my gown, and everyone commented on how beautifully it was done. They also kept the gown there until a few days before the wedding, which was very helpful. I will recommend Hollywood Bridal to everyone I know involved in a wedding.

Sent on 05/20/2013

Jill · Married on 05/04/2013

Everyone at Hollywood was so nice. I got my dress, the bridesmaids, the flower girl, the grooms men's tuxes , and my moms dress. They were very accommodating to my time needs, which was great. All the dresses were altered great.

Sent on 05/31/2013

Rachel · Married on 05/04/2013

I was searching for a specific dress but couldn't find it anywhere and then I called Hollywood Bridal and they actually had it! They managed to squeeze me in that night so I could try the dress on and I bought it on the spot. I had 3 rounds of alterations (included in the price of the dress, plus bustle) and my dress fit me perfectly! I will recommend Hollywood to anyone I know that is getting married. They were wonderful!

Sent on 08/29/2013

The staff here is wonderful and so very helpful. Definitely recommend!!!

Sent on 06/08/2013

Brie · Married on 11/17/2012

I bought my bridal gown at a sample sale, but I used the alteration service at Hollywood Bridal. Everyone there was wonderful! They were very accommodating and did a beautiful job with my alterations - including a bustle. Also, the pricing was very reasonable.

Sent on 12/30/2012

Heather & Stephen · Married on 10/20/2012

My best friend got her wedding dress there, we got our bridesmaid dresses there & her mom's got theirs there... So when I got married I did all of the above as well and it was simply the best dress shop around! All of the ladies are SO helpful and nice. They are not pushy or eager to sell... they are there to really help make the most important dress decision of your life very a great experience. They are really the only place around that I know of, that still includes alterations with your dress purchase! They also do not make you pay in full like some other bridal shops do which is helpful considering all of the many other payments that come along with a wedding. I received so many compliments on my dress and I was 110% confident in my choice! I can go on and on, but to sum it up in a nut shell... Hollywood Bridal is the best!

Sent on 11/12/2012
  • Nicole

Nicole · Married on 10/05/2012

These ladies are fantastic. When I walked in and told them my budget rather than frown a whirlwind of beautiful gowns surrounded me. Once I'd picked my dress, SO gorgeous, the fun really started. You can pay the dress of a little at a time, alterations for me and the bridesmaids were FREE!! Also, I had 2 bridesmaids coming in from out of state. These women did alterations that they turned around in 5 hours 2 days before the wedding. Just amazing! Kind, caring, friendly people. Would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 11/01/2012
  • Mrs.

Mrs. · Married on 09/21/2012

My entire wedding gown/bridesmaids dress selection was an absolute joy at Hollywood Bridal. Every single person in the shop are helpful, friendly and kind. I was actually sad when I picked up my gown before the wedding because I had such a wonderful experience with every visit I made to the shop that I didn't want to "say goodbye". Gorgeous gown selections and a wonderful staff!!

Sent on 10/01/2012

Sasha · Married on 09/08/2012

Special Thank you to the entire Hollywood Bridal crew!!!
    Angela and John thanks a million for all your help
    The bridesmaid and groomsmen looked gorgeous

Sent on 09/20/2012

Malerie · Married on 09/08/2012

Hollywood Bridal was the perfect place to get my gown. I actually wasn't planning on going to their shop, but I was in the area and had been searching for a specific dress and the shops did not have it. So after having no luck I search on my phone to see the nearest shop that would have it and they popped up! I called, on a Saturday, and they said that they had it but they were all booked. They heard the disappointment in my voice and asked the situation. I explained and they allowed me to come in and try it on. As soon as I put in on I knew it was the one. I ordered it that day and the rest was history. The women that work there are so sweet and amazing. They felt like family by the time I was done working with them! They don't charge for alterations and they did an amazing job. I was so pleased with them and couldn't have been happier with my dress and accessories. Thank you Hollywood Bridal!!

Sent on 09/25/2012
  • jrey84

J · Married on 08/04/2012

I adore everyone at Hollywood. Gloria, Cynthia, Angela, John, and the whole crew are so warm and inviting. We were originally going to Kleinfeld's in the city but decided not to after walking in to Hollywood. On my second visit, I was greeted with warm smiles and hugs. Gloria and her crew KNOW what they are doing and will immediately make you feel like family and will not steer you wrong. If you are looking for a mom & pop shop where you want to be greeted as a person and not a number, this is your place. Enjoy!!

Sent on 10/28/2012

Danielle · Married on 08/03/2012

I got my dress, my bridesmaids dresses, my mother's dress and the tuxedos for the groom, groomsmen and my father all at Hollywood. Everyone there is so kind, helpful and extremely professional. They have a wonderful selection of wedding gowns, bridesmaids dresses, mother-of-the-bride dresses, and tuxedos. The service is wonderful, I would HIGHLY recommend Hollywood Bridal to anyone getting married!

Sent on 08/25/2012

Leyna · Married on 06/30/2012

I absolutely LOVED working with everyone at Hollywood! After being a bridesmaid in several of my girlfriend's weddings and dealing with the complete lack of customer service in other dress shops, I was worried about finding my perfect dress while receiving the perfect experience. Hollywood Bridal delivers it all! I bought my wedding dress from them, and my bridesmaids and mother-in-law purchased their dresses their too. My husband and groomsmen also rented their tuxedos from Hollywood. From beginning to end we always felt welcomed when we walked through the door. Someone was always there to greet us with a smile on their face. We were never told no, and they never gave us any reason to feel stressed or upset. Alterations were free on all of our gowns and they did an amazing job on each one of them! My best friend is getting married next summer and after attending my fittings and her own she agrees that Hollywood Bridal is absolutely outstanding and she will be purchasing her wedding dress from them as well! I am greatly looking forward to going back to work with them as a bridesmaid this time! Absolutely outstanding experience!

Sent on 07/15/2012