Historic Walton House Reviews

40 | Homestead, FL

40 Reviews for Historic Walton House

• Stevans

Stevans Lopez-Torres · Married on 11/04/2020

Amazing venue with so many wonderful views

This venue was so beautiful. I can’t believe that there was a venue in South Florida that matched our personality. It was the perfect blend of exotic, rustic, and elegance.

Sent on 11/09/2020

Michael Segarra · Married on 08/26/2020

Killer place!!

Wow just got back from seeing this amazing place. I was born and raised in Florida but this place made me feel like I was in another planet! Also met Frank, Frank is super friendly such a great guy can’t wait to see this spot again!

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Yvonne

Yvonne Leibow · Married on 08/21/2020

Absolutely Magical

Let me start by saying that my husband and I were extremely blessed and actually won an all inclusive micro-wedding in which the Historic Walton House was the chosen venue. And OMG am I lucky that it was!

Frank at The Historic Walton was such a pleasure to work with. Was always asking what he could do to help or just offering us cold refreshments.

Now, the venue itself was out of this world. there isn't a bad angle in the entire place. The nature and beauty of it is so peaceful and serene. And the bridal suite makes for some lovely vintage chic photos. It is big enough to host a large wedding or something intimate and romantic such as my own.
    If I had to do it all over again even without the contest, I would with out a doubt! Highly highly recommend!

Sent on 08/27/2020
  • Aurora

Aurora Tan · Married on 07/24/2020

Perfect wedding thank you frank

Frank IS one of the nicest people I’ve ever encountered to do business with in Miami. I’ve visited a lot of garden style venues around Miami and couldn’t decide which was the best until I visited Historic Walton House. It was love at first sight — I immediately fell in love with this magical place. There are monkeys, flamingos, peacocks, swans, parrots and many many animals here. You can forget anything bad that’s happening in your life once you step your feet into HWH because it’s truly a paradise. And as animal lovers, my husband and I couldn’t appreciate more about how Frank rescued a lot of animals. But what really made me pick HWH was Frank — when he toured us, you just could tell he was not just doing business but he devoted his passion and love to HWH. He loves his place and his animals wholeheartedly and I knew it’s a blessing to do business with such a genuine person. And I was not wrong. Frank has always been helpful, responsive, attentive, and very very sweet. I just can’t seem to find enough good words to describe his attitude towards his business.

We visited HWH in Dec 2019 and our wedding was scheduled in May 2020. Unfortunately COVID-19 happened in March and we were forced to reschedule our wedding. Because of our personal reasons, we still wanted to have our wedding ASAP instead of postponing to next year but there were a lot of uncertainties going on especially in Miami-dade county. The venue had to close and reopen and face another “reclose” as the indoor dining was not allowed by the county. When I almost lost my hope of having my July Wedding, despite all the hardship, Frank tried his hardest to contact local officer and made our wedding happen. He complied with COVID-19 guidance by preparing masks, hand sanitizers and limiting guest counts.

It was during such a hard time that the Frank’s attitude and integrity really shined through — he never refused to help but has always been there to try to help us. The wedding was so beautiful, it was definitely the best memory in my whole life. I just couldn’t appreciate more. Moreover, Frank’s sister Matie was also a very sweet lady. She owns the Airbnb next door, so if you are looking for a place to stay after the wedding, definitely consider her Airbnb. It was so clean, organize and spacious. Frank’s mom makes really good coffee too! His whole family is just so welcoming and sweet.

If you are looking for a tropical garden style venue, look no further, because you won’t regret a tiny bit to do business with Frank and have a unforgettable wedding here.

Sent on 08/29/2020

Tiffany Ellis · Married on 01/18/2020

Magical place with very kind staff

I absolutely love the Historic Walton House. The venue is stunning to say the least and it really does have a magical aspect to it. It feels like you are in a different place and not in Miami and that is just the venue. The owners of this place are beyond nice and extremely helpful. I would always recommend this venue to anyone having a celebration.

Sent on 06/29/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa Romana · Married on 11/10/2019

A Dream Venue

From the very beginning, my husband and I knew that we wanted an outdoor wedding. Me being from the Caribbean and him being from Miami, it only made sense to us to celebrate our union in an outdoor atmosphere. We started looking for venues that could accommodate a large wedding and the Walton House was the first that we visited. It was love at first sight! I’m an island girl so I basically grew up in paradise, and it was very important to me that we could find a venue that had a taste of home. The Walton House provided exactly that :) A beautiful and spacious tropical oasis with so much to offer, from their lush and gorgeous gardens, plants and flowers, to the number of exotic animals they shelter all over the estate. As we visited it, we could picture where each part of our big day would take place and we loved the fact that we could host our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception each in a different, charming and unique space! We wanted to provide an amazing experience to our guests, especially since many of them traveled quite far to celebrate with us. The Walton House is an attraction in itself, and we knew that our guests would have a wonderful time just by walking around this vast estate. To top it all, Frank, the owner, is delightful to work with! He was always very accommodating recommended us the best caterer ever :)
    We did our due diligence and visited the other venues we had short listed, but in the end we knew we had found the perfect place. We highly recommend this beautiful venue to any couples out there looking to celebrate their union in paradise!

Sent on 12/02/2019
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 11/02/2019

Couldn’t have imagined our wedding anywhere else!

This place is magical. From the tropical setting to the incredible animals, this is literally a one-of-a-king place. Frank is the absolute sweetest and such a pleasure to work with. It’s hard to even call this a “venue” because it is so much more. We will be coming back to visit as often as we can! Thank you Frank!!

Sent on 11/18/2019

Historic Walton House's reply:

Alyssa, thank you so much for your review. We are grateful that you both chose to spend your special day with us. Thank you for the kind words. We wish you the best!
  • Kristin

Kristin maffeo · Married on 08/23/2019

Responsive

When searching for a venue Historic Walton House sent all of their information over right away!

Sent on 03/19/2019

kait · Married on 04/20/2019

Most Beautiful Place On Earth

Frank made the experience so incredibly enjoyable. We had the wedding of our dreams at the Walton House on 4/20/19. The venue was pristine.. truly magical like something out of a fairytale. The venue was pretty far south from our home base, but worth every second of travel. Our guests could not believe the venue’s beauty. It seems like behind every corner, you find breathtaking nooks and crannies. So many commented that it seemed to be a “hidden gem”. Frank was so helpful every step of the way. He was always available to us. He was so patient and kind. We cannot say enough good things about this place, Frank, his family, his staff.. Bravo! We urge anyone who is thinking about this space for an event to ABSOLUTELY DO IT. The best decision of our entire wedding!! Thank you, Frank!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Sabrina · Married on 12/15/2018

Our Secret Garden

We love the Walton House! The moment we visited the venue my husband and I instantly fell in love. The venue is so charming and whimsical. We really like how lush the property was for the perfect backdrop. The animals are a great touch for your wedding guests. Frank and his team were very helpful leading up to the wedding. They were kind enough to make us coffee the morning of the wedding and gift us champagne to enjoy. They cleaned the venue beforehand and made sure the animals were "party ready!" Everyone could not stop talking about how different the venue was and nothing like they've ever seen. Our little secret garden! I totally recommend the venue for your upcoming event.

Sent on 01/24/2019

Natalie · Married on 01/21/2018

Stunning venue. Our guest were blown away by the animals and uniqueness of the property. Frank and his mom are so welcoming. A wonderful experience from beginning to end. I highly recommend.

Sent on 02/03/2018

Cristina · Married on 01/20/2018

The Walton House is your enchanted, romantic, botanical dream venue. String lights everywhere, beautifully elegant within a rustic setting. Between the beauty of its lush green grounds and the excitement of the various animals to see, there is so much to see that your guests will be surprised behind every corner. Every one of our guests could not stop gushing over the venue. Saying it’s the most beautiful venue they had ever been to. Frank and the rest of the staff are very accommodating and will help you fulfill your dream vision. The bridal suite was absolutely gorgeous with its classic French style and they were kind enough to provide a mimosa treat on the day of. If you want a beautifully romantic Venue that your guests will never forget, the Walton House is the place!

Sent on 01/28/2018

Melissa · Married on 07/07/2017

Thank you so much Frank and his Mother who were so helpful in everything to do with the venue. They were super flexible and very accommodating, and went above and beyond----worth every penny! The venue is so lush and magical, all our guests raved about even 3 months later about how our wedding was the best. The animals add to the entertainment for the guests and the string lights add to the magic.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Mary · Married on 04/29/2017

Frank and his team have been nothing but amazing, from A to Z. They have been very accommodating, professional and kind to us and that made the whole experience wonderful. We had a lot of international guests so we wanted to make sure our location was stunning... And it truly is the most beautiful location in South-Florida! So many wonderful details, everything is so tastefully done. We could not have picked a better location... If you think the pictures you find on google or here on this website are beautiful? Wait until you walk into this beautiful garden yourself... You won't believe your eyes. Frank & team: we cannot thank you enough for everything you have done for us! We will definitely be back for a visit! Lots of love, Andy & Mary

Sent on 05/08/2017

Dina · Married on 04/15/2017

It's hard to describe the Walton House and pictures don't do it justice, which it why we decided to keep our venue a secret until the buses pulled everyone up to the property. This place in absolutely amazing and has a wow factor around every corner! We were told some people at our wedding who where "impossible to impress" where at a loss for words! We are so happy we found this place before we decided on a beach wedding or something in a hotel and made the biggest mistake of our lives. Frank was very nice and accommodating, he made us feel like we where at home at the venue which was an important part of enjoying the Walton House on the day of. Every element of our wedding was amazing but the Walton House made sure this wedding would never be forgotten by and of the guests.

Sent on 04/24/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 03/24/2017

The Historic Walton House was the venue for my wedding on March 24th. When my then-fiance toured this venue for the first time a year ago, we fell in love. It was everything that I could have ever dreamed of, and they are so flexible, and have so much added value than other similarly priced venues. I would go just to see the animals and hang out if that was an option on the weekends. Frank was also so friendly, and helpful. I highly recommend this venue!!! I

Sent on 04/19/2017

Ana · Married on 03/18/2017

We just had our dream wedding last weekend at the Walton House. Frank made sure everything was perfect on our wedding day. We took our engagement photos there as well (included if you rent out venue). There are tons of animals;monkeys, birds, swans, flamingos... As a veterinarian, my husband and I wanted to include our love for animals on our wedding day. All the guests can't stop raving about all the animals and how beautiful the venue is. If you are looking for an outdoor garden venue, this is it! Thank you Frank for making our dream wedding come true!

Sent on 03/26/2017

The Walton house is heaven on earth. It's perfection from the moment you first step foot on the property. I couldn't have imagined our wedding day to be any more perfect. The Blanco family bends over backwards to make sure everything goes as planned or better. It's absolute bliss and we highly recommend it. It's positive energy all throughout the venue. It's a blessing to have been married at The Walton House.

Sent on 03/19/2017

Brianna · Married on 12/03/2016

The Walton House is the dreamiest place I have ever laid eyes on. I was married at the Walton House on Dec. 3, 2016 and it was a fairytale. Frank and his family are kind and accommodating. The best way to describe the property is a “secret garden” with the lush greenery and beautiful birds (and monkeys!). Your guests will love the setting and your photographer will capture the most unreal pictures. I cannot say enough about the natural beauty of this hidden gem in South Florida.

Sent on 01/11/2017

Jan · Married on 05/20/2016

My experience getting married at the Walton house was truly a dream come true. Frank and Magaly did an amazing job making sure that everything ran smoothly. They are the most genuine, kind family. The
    venue is not only the perfect location for a wedding but it's a tropical paradise. If you haven't been there please come and take a look at the venue. Pictures don't do justice. It is breathtaking! From the garden, bridal suite with Victorian decor to the lush tropical pathway to the Koy pond with swans. Parrots and monkeys, rare species of tropical plants surrounding the property feels like you are in a rain forest. Nothing compares to this place. All my guests were blown away at the beauty of the Walton house. Even the barn is magical! My guests danced the night away In the perfect place for my reception. I truly recommend this venue to anyone wanting an exotic, rare beauty of a place to get married. My wedding photos were stunning. We couldn't be happier with the Walton house!

Sent on 04/01/2017

Gio · Married on 04/16/2016

There are simply no words to describe the magic we felt we walked onto the stunning grounds of The Walton House. Funny enough, I found it by mistake, listed on a wedding planner's website. I reached out to The Walton House and made an appointment. Living in New York, we could only do this on a weekend and Frank Blanco was incredibly accommodating. It was the last venue we visited and it truly felt like we were walking into Jurassic Park (without the scary dinosaurs chasing you!). Our guests all agree: this was the most spectacular wedding venue they've ever seen. It's the kind of place that can bring you to tears -- something I've only experienced in Hawaii and Bali. And wait until you meet the family behind the enchanting location. They have now become our friends, and it is a spot we hope to visit again and again for many years to come.

Sent on 05/17/2016
  • Melissa Ordonez (Schnell)

Melissa · Married on 03/04/2016

If you are looking for a dream venue, look no further. Frank, his family and his entire team is beyond amazing. During our planning process, Frank was flexible with allowing us to visit the venue whenever needed if possible and when it came time to our wedding day, we couldn't have been happier. The girl's and I got ready at the house and there was champagne, coffee, bagels and orange juice waiting for us and we were served fresh espresso in fine china while we got our hair and make up done. The flowers were in full bloom in March and the whole venue was lit to perfection with soft candles and lights strung from the trees. All the guests were commenting on the wild life, the beauty of the property and experience they were having. Our wedding day was truly magical and I would recommend any couple to choose the Walton House.

Sent on 05/26/2016
  • I

Israel · Married on 02/14/2016

From the very first day we walked into The Walton House, we fell in love with the Venue. Frank made us feel welcome and at home every single time we called or visited. The beauty and diversity of the place made our wedding a special and unforgettable night not only for us but for our guests as well. They catered to all our needs, and were very flexible every time we needed to schedule a visit, photo shoot, walk through, or anything else. The most consistent remark we have heard from our guests was " I've never seen anything like this before, this place is amazing!"
    I would recommend The Walton House to anyone looking for a unique setting for their wedding. And my thanks to Frank for making us feel like family throughout the entire process!

Sent on 02/25/2016

Liza · Married on 01/23/2016

The Walton House is exquisite! It is a magical estate that captures one’s heart and imagination from the moment you drive up to this tropical paradise. Aside from the inherent beauty of The Walton House, Frank and Magaly Blanco, a dynamic son and mother duo, go out of their way to make you feel welcome and at home. Frank’s charming personality and sharp wit will help ease any nerves you may have about your special day. He poured over every last detail with me, answered all of my questions and worked beautifully with all of our vendors. I cannot express how important this was to us and how much we appreciated his hard work and input. The Walton House has soul to spare! It is a breathing, living testament to the Blanco family, whose love, passion, dedication and joie de vivre are evident in every corner of this unique and breathtakingly beautiful property. Our guests were overcome by the beauty, warmth and charm of our wedding venue and The Walton House will forever be a part of the narrative of our love story. Thank you, Frank!

Sent on 04/05/2017

Laura · Married on 01/17/2016

We had both our ceremony and reception at The Walton house and it was an absolute dream. We loved being able to do everything in one place and move around this beautiful property throughout the day for each part of the wedding. It is a unique location and the landscape and lighting make for a magical experience. We received so many compliments from our guests about what a beautiful location it was. The animals were a bonus, and our guests loved interacting with them during the cocktail hour (we had little bags of fish food for kids to feed the koi during the cocktail hour which was especially fun). Frank and his team were very easy to work with. They made sure every detail was perfect and they work hard to keep the area clean and ready for the big day. Our wedding day was so amazing and I am so happy that we chose this venue.

Sent on 02/06/2016