The Historic Maxwell Room

$11k - $14k For 100 Guests
Up to 200 guests

$11k - $14k For 100 Guests
Up to 200 guests

The Historic Maxwell Room is a vintage garden and banquet hall-style wedding venue in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Originally built in 1925, it is an example of the Boom period’s Mediterranean Revival architecture, and features elegant European-inspired design throughout. An ideal choice for an upscale celebration with plenty of historical charm, wedding parties can expect support from a team of events specialists.

Facilities and Capacity

The Historic Maxwell Room can host a maximum of 120 guests in one of three available spaces. The courtyard is located in front of the Maxwell Room entrance and features a blend of hanging bistro lights and plant life. It is a charming setting for ceremonies or receptions bathed in the natural light of the Sunshine State. The New River Seawall sits on the south side of New River and is an open environment that proposes couples exchange vows in a distinctly urban setting. The Historic Den exudes 1920s charm with its arches and colonnades built from rugged industrial bricks. The room is adaptable and can be set up to suit both ceremonies and receptions with plenty of space on offer. Furniture rental, including chairs, comes as standard when booking the venue. There is parking on-site for guests.

The Historic Maxwell Room’s staff offers venue packages that include everything couples need for an unforgettable celebration. They can provide customized packages that include event coordination, setup, cleanup, and a range of event items. Audiovisual equipment such as a sound system is also available upon request.

Cuisine

The kitchen staff serves American cuisine and can accommodate gluten-free, lactose-free, no pork, vegan, and vegetarian dietary restrictions. They offer brunch menus, luncheons, dinner entrees, and desserts. They also offer bar services, with bartenders and a range of services. These include a cash bar, open bar, and signature drinks that are created especially for the event at hand. Guests will adore dishes such as Chicken Skewers and Stuffed Mushrooms, washed down with a glass of champagne.

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Chairs
Clean Up
Parking
Set Up

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Server(s)

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
House Wine

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

Describe your venue:

Banquet Hall
Garden
Historic Building

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

Bar Services
Catering Services
Clean Up
Event Planner
Event Rentals
Outside Vendors
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Open Bar
Premium Liquor
Signature Drink
Specialty Wine

What event items are available?

Aisle Runners
Audio Equipment
Chairs
Chair Covers
Dance Floor
Lighting
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

January
February
March
April
May
October
November
December

What months are included in your off-peak season?

June

4.7 out of 5 rating

• Hailee
    Hailee Y. Married on 06/25/2022

Beautifully perfect!

My gosh did I love having my wedding here! Not only is this venue beautiful and the perfect size for an intimate wedding, but it is just ran so well! Libby is just so fantastic to work with and truly knows what she’s doing when it comes to wedding and events! We were so lucky to be able to work with her and have our wedding here! I couldn’t have imagined a better day!

The Historic Maxwell Room's reply:

Thank you Hailey for the wonderful review.
    We absolutely love our work here at the Maxwell Room. You were a stunning bride.
    Allisha J. Married on 07/10/2020

Love the Maxwell Room!

Where do I start? Libby is a dream to work with. Her and her staff made our wedding day stress-free! When our officiant couldn’t make it for the rehearsal, she was there to help up plan the ceremony. She was super quick to respond to any of the questions that I had when planning the event. And was there the whole night making sure all was well. Libby and her whole team, even the staff at the Downtowner, welcomed us like friends any time we asked to see the space to plan or decorate. The Maxwell Room was the only space I could find in my area that offered that northern, romantic type of local. Being in South Florida, the main options are ballrooms or hotels, and I didn’t want any of that. We kept getting compliments all night at how beautiful the space was.

The Historic Maxwell Room's reply:

Hi Allisha and Stanley,
    Thank you for such an amazing review. It is our mission that your day is as perfect as you dream it to be.We wish you a world full of happiness.
    very sincerely,
    Libby and the Maxwell and Downtowner team!!
    Donna W. Married on 02/15/2020
      5.0 out of 5 rating

So greatful I found this place!

I am so pleased with how everything turned out and I'm so greatful I found this place! Libby was such a pleasure to work with and helped me tremendously. I had an issue with my original venue and about 6 months out I realized I needed to switch venues and found the Historic Maxwell Room and it was a godsend! I could call or email Libby with any questions or concerns and she was happy to help. Libby and her team took my vision and executed everything perfectly. I was a little disappointed that it rained and I could not have my cocktail hour outside but they made it an easy transition from ceremony to reception and it really didn't matter. I got to have the wedding of my dreams for a very reasonable price. If your looking for a romantic vintage wedding like I was this is the place! Everyone couldn't stop talking about how beautiful it was and how amazing the appetizers were! Thank you Libby for giving me my dream wedding!
  • illustration stars

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Pricing

Tall Italian Productions Tall Italian Productions Wedding DJs

Love the Maxwell room at the Downtowner! Great staff and food and you're right on the New River! Awesome place for any event, large or small!

Victoria's Bridal Couture Victoria's Bridal Couture Wedding Dresses

There is so much to say about The Historic Maxwell Room with its classic Fort Lauderdale feel on the New River. I love the place and the food is fantastic. They make some of the best fish in south Florida, paired with full bar and friendly staff, you can't beat this place. The history behind this place and its longevity tells you it something you do not want to miss. Visit this place and plan your event here if you are looking for a true Fort Lauderdale event.

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
10 South New River Drive East Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33301
561-289-0461
Location of (The Historic Maxwell Room)

Other vendors in Miami for your wedding

Wedding Venues