The Historic Maxwell Room Reviews

The Historic Maxwell Room 6
The Historic Maxwell Room 7

Doreen · Married on 06/15/2019

Hired for wedding venue

We had our wedding at the Historic Maxwell Room. Libby worked us throughout the process. Libby was awesome & ensured that everything went smoothly. We also had our rehearsal dinner at the Downtowner which Libby assisted in coordinating for us. The food & service was wonderful.

Sent on 06/16/2019

The Historic Maxwell Room's reply:

On behalf of myself and my awesome team, we thank you Doeen and Bruce. It was our pleasure to be able to share in your beautiful event.
  • Phoebe

Phoebe · Married on 02/16/2019

The Venue of Your Dreams

We got married in February 2019, and I cannot tell you how wonderful of an experience it was to work with the Historic Maxwell Room. Libby first off is super down to earth and so accommodating. Our wedding started as a courthouse idea and went all the way to a full fledged wedding. So we had a few changes here and there through out the 5 months of planning, and it was never a problem for Libby and her team. The price is right and totally available on the website. No need for the pesky contact inquiries, you can find it right there in front of you. And for what you get, the food is phenomenal, the drinks are plentiful, and it made for an incredible night. Service is top notch! And the actual appearance of the place is so unique especially in South Florida. You won't find another place like it ladies. Please look no further! It's an incredible place, and Libby and her team are WOW WOW WOW! We used a lot of Maxwell's recommended vendors, and it was like working with a family of people who don't know you but want you to have an amazing day. Thank you so much! Photo credit to Coastal Sun and Surf Photography

Sent on 04/23/2019
    The Historic Maxwell Room 8
    The Historic Maxwell Room 9
    The Historic Maxwell Room 10

The Historic Maxwell Room's reply:

Thank you for sharing your most important day with us. You were an exquisite bride.
    Thank you for all the kind words Phoebe. We love our job here at the Historic Maxwell Room.
  • JENNA

JENNA · Married on 02/09/2019

Amazing!!!

Libby is the best to work with and the venue is so beautiful and intimate, all my guests complimented me on my venue choice. A must see!!!

Sent on 03/01/2019

Jenna,

Thank you for the kind words. Thank you for sharing your perfect day with us here at the Historic Maxwell Room.We wish you every bit of Health and Happiness the world has to offer.
  • Lowanda

Lowanda Paraison · Married on 01/19/2019

All inclusive venue

We had our wedding reception here and it was the perfect location. The inside is warm and inviting. The courtyard is a beautiful location for a photo shoot. Very little decorating required. The staff and food were great and attentive to our guest. Libby is the absolute BEST! Professional, knowledgeable, and very helpful. She was a joy to work with.

Sent on 02/13/2019
    The Historic Maxwell Room 11
    The Historic Maxwell Room 12
    The Historic Maxwell Room 13
    The Historic Maxwell Room 14
    The Historic Maxwell Room 15
    The Historic Maxwell Room 16

The Historic Maxwell Room's reply:

I am so humbled. You were the perfect bride and groom. It means the world to us to know that we met your expectations.
    We wish you all the best, the world has to offer.
  • Aubrey

Aubrey · Married on 11/17/2018

I can’t say enough about how amazing!

Stop looking for a venue and book here! Libby is fantastic! Everything was perfect for my wedding day! How many brides say that? The venue was one of the biggest reasons. Libby has thought of everything. Food was great.

Sent on 11/26/2018

The Historic Maxwell Room's reply:

Thank you for such a wonderful compliment.
    You were a gorgeous bride, inside and out.You have such an amazing mother, as well as all your family and friends. I am so glad that your evening was perfect for you.Thank you for sharing your most important day with us here at the Maxwell room.

Giselle · Married on 09/22/2018

Impossible to imagine having our wedding anywhere else but here! Libby is the best-very accommodating! The staff and service were excellent- our guests loved everything including the food!

Sent on 09/26/2018

Giselle and Ivan ,
    Thank you for the beautiful compliment. We wish you all the very best the world has to offer on your new journey as one.

Monica · Married on 08/10/2018

I cannot say enough about the maxwell room and Libby!!!!! From the beginning she has been my anchor with wedding planning stress. The day of, she was right there on top of everything!!! My guests RAVED about the venue and the food. I’d get married over and over here! Seriously consider maxwell room for your wedding or any other intimate event!!!!

Sent on 08/12/2018
    The Historic Maxwell Room 17
    The Historic Maxwell Room 18
    The Historic Maxwell Room 19

Katie · Married on 06/16/2018

Hidden gem of a wedding venue! Look no further!

The Historic Maxwell Room is a hidden gem of a wedding venue in Fort Lauderdale!!! I don’t think it will be kept a secret for very long! My husband and I had our wedding at the Maxwell Room in June of 2018 for our 60 guests. It was the one and only wedding venue we looked at and from the moment Libby, the Event Coordinator at the Maxwell Room, gave us a tour, we knew it was the perfect wedding venue for us. Logistically, my husband and I really liked that we could hold our wedding ceremony and the reception on site, including having the reception catered by the Maxwell Room – we wanted to move right to the cocktail hour and reception after the ceremony without any of our guests having to travel in between. The price for our reception and cocktail hour was right on point and we felt the cost was very fair for what was included in our package. The space itself is intimate, charming and versatile to any bride’s vision of décor for her wedding. Our guests were raving about the venue. The ceremony space turned into the dance floor later on in the evening and the beautiful bar is adjacent to the dance floor so guests could mingle and chat without feeling far away from the action. The courtyard outside the Maxwell Room served as a lovely space for our cocktail hour and for guests to get some air from dancing. Our dinner was delicious and the service impeccable. I cannot recommend this wedding venue enough! Working with Libby, their Event Coordinator, was seamless and completely stress-free - she was professional, offered useful advice and always replied to my questions in a timely manner. She made me feel at ease throughout the entire planning process and made my vision come to life. I’m so grateful to her and the staff at the venue for creating the perfect wedding day for us and for hosting our family and friends.

Sent on 01/14/2019

eveline · Married on 05/12/2018

Libby was our contact person- She was very knowledgeable, kind and responsive. The venue is beautiful, we had both the ceremony and reception at the same location. Every staff member was on point and knew exactly what to do. Many of my guests made it a point to tell me how much they enjoyed the venue and staff.

Sent on 05/15/2018

Jean · Married on 04/21/2018

CALLING ALL BRIDES!!!
    HISTORIC MAXWELL ROOM - THE MOST PERFECT VENUE IN ALL OF FORT LAUDERDALE!
    As a wedding planner/mother of the bride, it was a challenge to find a venue that provided a cool, offbeat vibe, 5-star service and fabulous food. I found it at the Maxwell Room. Last weekend, our families and closest friends celebrated our daughter's wedding in the most perfect space.
    The Cuban food, creatively prepared by Chef Lou was superb and plentiful, the service by Libby and her team was impeccable. The space was intimate, warm, inviting and comfortable. It felt like a mix of vintage Havana, New Orleans and funky Brooklyn. Imagine that, a first-class venue with delicious food, white-glove service and a funky fabulous space to celebrate in, while still being affordable!
    The experience exceeded my expectation on every level.
    Hats off to an amazing team and a spectacular venue!
    If I could, I would give it 10-STARS!
    Jean Wilco
    Jean Wilco Events

Sent on 05/08/2018
    The Historic Maxwell Room 20

Kelly · Married on 01/14/2018

I cannot say enough about how much we loved the Historic Maxwell Room. This was the first and only venue we looked at, and was definitely a great choice! Libby was fantastic to work with. She helped us with everything from vendor recommendations (which were spot-on) to having extra items such as an aisle runner and candle holders. The venue includes food, alcohol, tables/chairs, linens, servers, ceremony set-up, etc, which made my life so much easier - and it was so affordable considering how much you got. Many of our guests commented on how much they liked the venue and the food. The food was delicious, especially the cocktail hour appetizers. This is such a unique venue with a great staff - highly recommend!

Sent on 02/04/2018

Renauri · Married on 10/28/2017

If we could give more stars to Libby and the Maxwell Room we would. The venue and Libby made our wedding the most memorable day of our lives. She was more than accommodating to all of our needs, ideas, and multiple requests to visit the place since we booked the venue. The overall look of the place makes it possible to keep the decorations to a minimum as it has so much charm. Libby's calm attitude and extensive experience came in handy as our wedding took place in the middle of flood warnings, tornado warnings, and torrential down pours. The 'Plan B' for a rainy day should not even be called a plan B as its just as beautiful and amazing as our plan A, the courtyard option. Lot of our guests commented on how glad they were that we hosted our ceremony inside instead of the courtyard as it created a more intimate setting. We opted for the heavy appetizers throughout the happy hour and reception and everyone loved the quality of the food and the uniqueness of it.

We loved the Maxwell room and would recommend it in a heartbeat to anyone wanting to have an unique experience.

Sent on 11/06/2017

Kathleen · Married on 10/15/2017

We were so lucky to have been able to have our reception at the Maxwell Room. Libby is an amazing person to work with. She was quick to respond and even helped us determine how we wanted to decorate the venue when we were toying with different ideas. The staff was incredible as well the day of. Very pleasant and quick service. Our guests absolutely enjoyed themselves. And the exposed brick, long bar, and ambience of the venue was perfect for our wedding! Thank you Libby for making our vision of a great day come true!

Sent on 12/02/2017
    The Historic Maxwell Room 21
    The Historic Maxwell Room 22
    The Historic Maxwell Room 23

Jennifer · Married on 09/30/2017

the Venue is beautiful!! We fell in love with it right away. It's a good venue for small/intimate wedding. Libby was amazing! She made us feel comfortable and answered all of our questions. Our guests loved the space especially the bar area. We had an amazing time!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Margaret · Married on 05/05/2017

If you are looking for an Amazing venue for your Wedding or any other Event look here!!
    This venue has it all!!
    The room is amazing with quite a history. Which add to the feel of the room.
    The garden setting is so nice and quaint and looks beautiful.
    Then the view of the River!! WOW !!
    The food is so very good !! And the prices are great for the quantity, quality and taste. Nothing worse then a dried up piece of chicken or beef. NOT HERE!!
    The staff and the Manager Libby Exceptional !!
    So very easy to work with. She makes it easy!!
    And is right there to answer & help how ever she can. She makes you feel as if she has known you forever and has your back. The prices are so affordable. Go See her she can make it happen.
    I am So Very Happy I found her & The Maxwell Room!!
    It seriously made all My Dreams Come True!!
    Marcus & Margaret Platt ??

Sent on 05/26/2017
  • Lucy&Jeremy

Lucy · Married on 04/01/2017

We feel in love with the The Historic Maxwell room as soon as we stepped in. Libby, the event coordinator was so accommodating with all of our requests and very helpful as well. When it finally came to the day off, the staff was on point and gave all of our guest amazing service. The food was delicious. So many of our guests couldn't get enough of the steak! This location was so perfect and I highly recommend this venue for any size wedding. We had 100 guests and there was still room to party, dance and room around and still get that romantic intimate feel.

Sent on 04/14/2017

Monica · Married on 02/25/2017

The Maxwell Room was perfect for our wedding and working with them was a pleasure. It made our dream wedding a reality and it was beyond expectations, from the food, the service, the location, and the charm to the amazing help we received from Libby we can't express our gratitude, we definitely made the right decision when we chose the venue for our special day!

Sent on 03/17/2017
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 11/12/2016

Libby and the service staff made my wedding dreams come true. The venue is a perfect place to have a ceremony and reception all in one ! I couldn't be happier and many guests were loving our unique choice!

Sent on 11/13/2016

Krystal · Married on 08/05/2016

Stunning venue! Our wedding reception was magical!! Libby answered all of our questions, worked with our budget and gave us as much time as possible to set up and alleviate stress. The food was delicious and I just can't get over how beautiful the venue is - we loved it and our pictures came out wonderful!! Perfect place for a reception - reminded me of a castle.

Sent on 08/31/2016

Angela · Married on 07/30/2016

The Historic Maxwell Room created the wedding of my dreams. There is not enough praise I could write, from the charm of the room (even before my own personal touches), the staff-especially Libby, the food and the results, this is the place that my wedding memories are built on. After searching high and low throughout South Florida, my husband and I knew this was it from the moment we walked in the door. Loved the Maxwell Room. Thanks Libby and staff!

Sent on 08/08/2016

Karina · Married on 05/29/2016

What a wonderful venue, our wedding was perfect and Libby did such a great job in making sure of this. Planning a wedding remotely is not easy, and I am so glad Libby was able to accommodate all of our needs. Aside from the staff, the Maxwell Room is such beautiful; A private, romantic, rustic location hidden in Fort Lauderdale. We had our ceremony outside by the bay and it was absolutely gorgeous. I was concerned about the restaurant right beside where the ceremony took place but once it all started, they were very respectful of the event, and hearing claps and congratulations from strangers made it that much more special! For food we had a duet of Skirt steak in chimichurri sauce and Grilled Mahi Mahi in mango sauce- simple delicious! I would definitely recommend this venue!

Sent on 06/05/2016

sandra · Married on 05/14/2016

we recently booked here for our wedding in may 2016. the place is absolutely gorgeous! i love the old vintage feel this venue has. the brick walls and the amazing bar is what sold me. its beautiful, not your typical hotel/country club wedding. Libby has been so amazing with all my questions and very responsive with all my emails! i love that she is there to help and answer all questions. so far the process has been smooth, i will review again once we have our wedding, which i am so excited about and cannot wait!!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Jennifer · Married on 02/06/2016

My husband and I had our rehearsal dinner here at the Maxwell Room and can I tell you it was perfect! What a beautiful venue. If it wasn't for the amount of people invited to my wedding, I would have gotten married at this venue. What a perfect location for a wedding and/or rehearsal dinner. The service was great. My family really enjoyed themselves.

Sent on 02/10/2016

Magic · Married on 11/08/2015

We could not have picked a better venue for us - our first and last stop when looking for a wedding venue was the Maxwell Room - we knew right away it was the right fit for us. We had both our wedding ceremony and reception there and it was truly beautiful! The venue is gorgeous - it's not the white stucco plain location at all - the venue has so much character inside and out. It's a great location on the water with beautiful views that made for gorgeous wedding photos. And to top it all off, working and planning with Libby was truly a joy. She's very responsive and her and the venue offered many options that fit well for our unconventional wedding. The staff on our wedding day was great and the prices are very reasonable - especially for the area. Thank you, Libby - we'll always be grateful and can't wait to throw another party there!

Sent on 12/23/2015