The Historic Maxwell Room Reviews

The Historic Maxwell Room 6
The Historic Maxwell Room 7
  • Aubrey

Aubrey · Married on 11/17/2018

I can’t say enough about how amazing!

Stop looking for a venue and book here! Libby is fantastic! Everything was perfect for my wedding day! How many brides say that? The venue was one of the biggest reasons. Libby has thought of everything. Food was great.

Sent on 11/30/2018

The Historic Maxwell Room's reply:

Thank you for such a wonderful compliment. You were a gorgeous bride, inside and out.You have such an amazing mother, as well as all your family and friends. I am so glad that your evening was perfect for you.Thank you for sharing your most important day with us here at the Maxwell room.

Giselle · Married on 09/22/2018

Impossible to imagine having our wedding anywhere else but here! Libby is the best-very accommodating! The staff and service were excellent- our guests loved everything including the food!

Monica · Married on 08/10/2018

I cannot say enough about the maxwell room and Libby!!!!! From the beginning she has been my anchor with wedding planning stress. The day of, she was right there on top of everything!!! My guests RAVED about the venue and the food. I’d get married over and over here! Seriously consider maxwell room for your wedding or any other intimate event!!!!

The Historic Maxwell Room 8
    The Historic Maxwell Room 9
    The Historic Maxwell Room 10

eveline · Married on 05/12/2018

Libby was our contact person- She was very knowledgeable, kind and responsive. The venue is beautiful, we had both the ceremony and reception at the same location. Every staff member was on point and knew exactly what to do. Many of my guests made it a point to tell me how much they enjoyed the venue and staff.

Jean · Married on 04/21/2018

CALLING ALL BRIDES!!!
    HISTORIC MAXWELL ROOM - THE MOST PERFECT VENUE IN ALL OF FORT LAUDERDALE!
    As a wedding planner/mother of the bride, it was a challenge to find a venue that provided a cool, offbeat vibe, 5-star service and fabulous food. I found it at the Maxwell Room. Last weekend, our families and closest friends celebrated our daughter's wedding in the most perfect space.
    The Cuban food, creatively prepared by Chef Lou was superb and plentiful, the service by Libby and her team was impeccable. The space was intimate, warm, inviting and comfortable. It felt like a mix of vintage Havana, New Orleans and funky Brooklyn. Imagine that, a first-class venue with delicious food, white-glove service and a funky fabulous space to celebrate in, while still being affordable!
    The experience exceeded my expectation on every level.
    Hats off to an amazing team and a spectacular venue!
    If I could, I would give it 10-STARS!
    Jean Wilco
    Jean Wilco Events

The Historic Maxwell Room 11

Kelly · Married on 01/14/2018

I cannot say enough about how much we loved the Historic Maxwell Room. This was the first and only venue we looked at, and was definitely a great choice! Libby was fantastic to work with. She helped us with everything from vendor recommendations (which were spot-on) to having extra items such as an aisle runner and candle holders. The venue includes food, alcohol, tables/chairs, linens, servers, ceremony set-up, etc, which made my life so much easier - and it was so affordable considering how much you got. Many of our guests commented on how much they liked the venue and the food. The food was delicious, especially the cocktail hour appetizers. This is such a unique venue with a great staff - highly recommend!

Renauri · Married on 10/28/2017

If we could give more stars to Libby and the Maxwell Room we would. The venue and Libby made our wedding the most memorable day of our lives. She was more than accommodating to all of our needs, ideas, and multiple requests to visit the place since we booked the venue. The overall look of the place makes it possible to keep the decorations to a minimum as it has so much charm. Libby's calm attitude and extensive experience came in handy as our wedding took place in the middle of flood warnings, tornado warnings, and torrential down pours. The 'Plan B' for a rainy day should not even be called a plan B as its just as beautiful and amazing as our plan A, the courtyard option. Lot of our guests commented on how glad they were that we hosted our ceremony inside instead of the courtyard as it created a more intimate setting. We opted for the heavy appetizers throughout the happy hour and reception and everyone loved the quality of the food and the uniqueness of it.

We loved the Maxwell room and would recommend it in a heartbeat to anyone wanting to have an unique experience.

Kathleen · Married on 10/15/2017

We were so lucky to have been able to have our reception at the Maxwell Room. Libby is an amazing person to work with. She was quick to respond and even helped us determine how we wanted to decorate the venue when we were toying with different ideas. The staff was incredible as well the day of. Very pleasant and quick service. Our guests absolutely enjoyed themselves. And the exposed brick, long bar, and ambience of the venue was perfect for our wedding! Thank you Libby for making our vision of a great day come true!

The Historic Maxwell Room 12
    The Historic Maxwell Room 13
    The Historic Maxwell Room 14

Jennifer · Married on 09/30/2017

the Venue is beautiful!! We fell in love with it right away. It's a good venue for small/intimate wedding. Libby was amazing! She made us feel comfortable and answered all of our questions. Our guests loved the space especially the bar area. We had an amazing time!

Margaret · Married on 05/05/2017

If you are looking for an Amazing venue for your Wedding or any other Event look here!!
    This venue has it all!!
    The room is amazing with quite a history. Which add to the feel of the room.
    The garden setting is so nice and quaint and looks beautiful.
    Then the view of the River!! WOW !!
    The food is so very good !! And the prices are great for the quantity, quality and taste. Nothing worse then a dried up piece of chicken or beef. NOT HERE!!
    The staff and the Manager Libby Exceptional !!
    So very easy to work with. She makes it easy!!
    And is right there to answer & help how ever she can. She makes you feel as if she has known you forever and has your back. The prices are so affordable. Go See her she can make it happen.
    I am So Very Happy I found her & The Maxwell Room!!
    It seriously made all My Dreams Come True!!
    Marcus & Margaret Platt ??

• Lucy&Jeremy

Lucy · Married on 04/01/2017

We feel in love with the The Historic Maxwell room as soon as we stepped in. Libby, the event coordinator was so accommodating with all of our requests and very helpful as well. When it finally came to the day off, the staff was on point and gave all of our guest amazing service. The food was delicious. So many of our guests couldn't get enough of the steak! This location was so perfect and I highly recommend this venue for any size wedding. We had 100 guests and there was still room to party, dance and room around and still get that romantic intimate feel.

Monica · Married on 02/25/2017

The Maxwell Room was perfect for our wedding and working with them was a pleasure. It made our dream wedding a reality and it was beyond expectations, from the food, the service, the location, and the charm to the amazing help we received from Libby we can't express our gratitude, we definitely made the right decision when we chose the venue for our special day!

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 11/12/2016

Libby and the service staff made my wedding dreams come true. The venue is a perfect place to have a ceremony and reception all in one ! I couldn't be happier and many guests were loving our unique choice!

Krystal · Married on 08/05/2016

Stunning venue! Our wedding reception was magical!! Libby answered all of our questions, worked with our budget and gave us as much time as possible to set up and alleviate stress. The food was delicious and I just can't get over how beautiful the venue is - we loved it and our pictures came out wonderful!! Perfect place for a reception - reminded me of a castle.

Angela · Married on 07/30/2016

The Historic Maxwell Room created the wedding of my dreams. There is not enough praise I could write, from the charm of the room (even before my own personal touches), the staff-especially Libby, the food and the results, this is the place that my wedding memories are built on. After searching high and low throughout South Florida, my husband and I knew this was it from the moment we walked in the door. Loved the Maxwell Room. Thanks Libby and staff!

Karina · Married on 05/29/2016

What a wonderful venue, our wedding was perfect and Libby did such a great job in making sure of this. Planning a wedding remotely is not easy, and I am so glad Libby was able to accommodate all of our needs. Aside from the staff, the Maxwell Room is such beautiful; A private, romantic, rustic location hidden in Fort Lauderdale. We had our ceremony outside by the bay and it was absolutely gorgeous. I was concerned about the restaurant right beside where the ceremony took place but once it all started, they were very respectful of the event, and hearing claps and congratulations from strangers made it that much more special! For food we had a duet of Skirt steak in chimichurri sauce and Grilled Mahi Mahi in mango sauce- simple delicious! I would definitely recommend this venue!

sandra · Married on 05/14/2016

we recently booked here for our wedding in may 2016. the place is absolutely gorgeous! i love the old vintage feel this venue has. the brick walls and the amazing bar is what sold me. its beautiful, not your typical hotel/country club wedding. Libby has been so amazing with all my questions and very responsive with all my emails! i love that she is there to help and answer all questions. so far the process has been smooth, i will review again once we have our wedding, which i am so excited about and cannot wait!!

Jennifer · Married on 02/06/2016

My husband and I had our rehearsal dinner here at the Maxwell Room and can I tell you it was perfect! What a beautiful venue. If it wasn't for the amount of people invited to my wedding, I would have gotten married at this venue. What a perfect location for a wedding and/or rehearsal dinner. The service was great. My family really enjoyed themselves.

Magic · Married on 11/08/2015

We could not have picked a better venue for us - our first and last stop when looking for a wedding venue was the Maxwell Room - we knew right away it was the right fit for us. We had both our wedding ceremony and reception there and it was truly beautiful! The venue is gorgeous - it's not the white stucco plain location at all - the venue has so much character inside and out. It's a great location on the water with beautiful views that made for gorgeous wedding photos. And to top it all off, working and planning with Libby was truly a joy. She's very responsive and her and the venue offered many options that fit well for our unconventional wedding. The staff on our wedding day was great and the prices are very reasonable - especially for the area. Thank you, Libby - we'll always be grateful and can't wait to throw another party there!

Jenny · Married on 10/10/2015

We worked with Libby to plan our wedding at Maxwell Room. She was amazing to work with. Super accommodating and brought all of our visions to life. The venue is the perfect canvas to really bring whatever theme you have alive. One of Al Capone's old speak easy's. Vintage and VERY romantic setting! Food's excellent! Libby coordinated well with all of our other vendors. It was truly a magical night I'll never forget. Super thankful to Libby.

The Maxwell Room is BEAUTIFUL !!!
    The whole staff is great and willing to help, and Libby is amazing! She will guide you with everything and she will make sure that everything gets done as planned. They are the best!

Our guests haven't stopped saying wonderful things about the place and the food.

The Maxwell Room has different rooms and a vintage ambience, so you don't feel like you are in the typical hotel/restaurant hall.
    It has a beautiful set of indirect lighting systems where you can select the color that you want for your special occasion. At night it becomes a magical atmosphere!!

It is really a unique location !

We are extremely happy that we chose it :)

Kayla · Married on 05/30/2015

MAXEWELL ROOM IS AWESOME! It was truly love at first sight with the Maxwell Room & I. My fiance & I wanted somewhere that wasn't a cookie cutter country club or basic hotel venue. When I went to the Maxwell Room I knew that was going to be our reception location. I truly appreciate Libby, she was friendly and treated us like family. I hope to work with her in the future.

Cierra · Married on 05/17/2015

What can I say other than Awesome!!!! Libby's friendliness and guidance provided the comfort I needed. At the last moment, we needed to change venues, and Libby made the transition as smooth as possible. I'm thankful to Libby for being available and always pleasant and honest. Praise God for her :) I highly recommend the beautiful Historic Maxwell Room!

Melanie · Married on 04/11/2015

Absolutely beautiful location! We wanted something with character, the brick walls and archways are so beautiful it was perfect for us. The food was amazing and the responsiveness of the staff was amazing as well. The prime rib was cooked perfectly. And all of the appetizers were so delicious! We wouldn't have changed a thing! Thank you so much to everyone at the Maxwell Room that made our wedding reception wonderful and memorable!