Hilvers Catering Reviews

24 | Cincinnati, OH

24 Reviews for Hilvers Catering

Brandon Christman · Married on 11/03/2018

Great Food & Service!

We were recommended to Hilvers by our venue, and they did not disappoint! The tasting was incredibly helpful in sealing the deal with them, and they lived up to our expectations during the actual wedding. They were incredibly professional, showed up on time, and had plenty of food for everyone. All of our guests loved the food that was provided. We absolutely recommend their services!

Ariana · Married on 05/12/2018

We had Hilvers cater our wedding buffet style and not only did we love it, but we receive a lot of positive feedback from our guests! Not only was the food really good but also very good costs for everything.

Leading up to the event they were very responsive and great to work with. I would absolutely recommend :)

Jessica · Married on 04/06/2018

I work at UC and have used Hilver's Catering for some of our high profile recruitment events for students. I use them because their prices are very reasonable and the food is AMAZING. But the best part isn't the food or the price...it's the quality of service that I get with EJ and his team. They go above and beyond for us each time we use them and I appreciate knowing that no matter what, our food is going to be terrific and Hilver's will be there on time and ready to go without any effort on my part. Leading up to our last event EJ called a week in advance because he noticed we had a vegan guest. He offered to make her a special dish at no extra charge and she later raved about it. EJ also helped us out with our linens by offering for his staff to place them on the tables which resulting in one less thing that my staff had to do during a very intricate day of programming. The professionalism and customer service of this company is top notch and for that alone I will continue to hire them for future events. Again, the great food and great prices are just a bonus! THANK YOU HILVER'S!!!

Sent on 04/23/2018

Hilvers Catering's reply:

Thank you Jessica and Jacqeline! It was a pleasure working with you both. Memorial Hall was a great location to host your dinner. Thank you for your business! I hope to work with you again in the future! -Earl "EJ" Hilvers

Paul · Married on 06/24/2017

Katie and Lou, along with the rest of the staff were awesome! Many of our guests complemented the beauty of the venue and the delicious food that Hilvers served. The weather was perfect for the ceremony in the outdoor pavilion. It was so convenient to have the ceremony and reception in the same place. I highly recommend Meadowbrook & Hilvers Catering.

Nikki · Married on 10/15/2016

There are so many great things I have to say about them. They were able to fit us in at the last minute. The staff was absolutely amazing. We chose the pasta bar for our wedding, so many choices and the food was soo good, especially the chicken. We also got to take home the leftovers

Gabrielle · Married on 09/04/2016

Hilver's catering was fantastic in every way! We used them for our wedding this September, 2016. Before the wedding, we met with the caterers a number of times to do taste testing and ask questions. They were always more than willing to meet up and answer any questions, and an added bonus...they always let us take home left-overs from the taste tests! We visited a few other caterers and compared prices and food. While Hilver's wasn't the cheapest, it was definitely not the most expensive and in our opinion their food was the best out of all the others! They always answered questions in a very timely manner and even was willing to change things up for us as we wished, such as quarter the red skinned potatoes instead of serving them whole (not a huge detail but they were juicier that way :) ). On the day of the wedding, I was escorted to the buffet and simply pointed to what I wanted while a server filled my plate and took it back to my table...a small but very touching act! I've had any people say that the food was so delicious, and though my husband and I didn't eat much because of nerves, we agree that their food is fantastic! I would highly recommend this to anyone.

Courtney · Married on 07/30/2016

There's a reason that Hilvers has been in the business for 85 years! Their food and their service is second to none. You really cannot find a better value anywhere else in Cincinnati - trust me!

We were planning our wedding long distance and Katie always answered my questions quickly and I honestly never worried about anything at all related to the food or drinks. We had SO many compliments on our hors d'oeuvres (the mini cheese coneys were a huge hit!) and our dinner buffet. They also easily accommodated our vegan and gluten-free guests and served our liquor and champagne for no extra fee. They really are the best and I can't thank them enough for making my reception so great!

• Katie

Katie · Married on 07/02/2016

Hilvers Catering made our out of the ordinary request come to life with ease! I have been to other weddings they've catered, and had them cater a shower for me before- the food is always DELICIOUS! My husband and I really wanted a Cincinnati themed wedding reception- all our favorite foods. Hilvers made it work for us and threw in a few of their classics in case guests didn't want cheese coneys and pulled pork. They were incredibly easy to work with, extremely friendly, and always got back to us very quickly with any suggestions. They didn't "bother" us once with any questions at the reception; they just handled everything, down to the Greaters ice cream bar, perfectly. I would highly recommend them for not only a wedding caterer, but for any special event!

Christina · Married on 09/18/2015

Best value I could find. They let us come in for a tasting. Everything was delicious. They were so friendly and even boxed up the left overs from the tasting for us to take home. This company has been around for forever. My parents used this same company for their catering of their wedding.

Casey · Married on 11/01/2014

Hilvers Catering was one of the best choices I made! Katie was friendly, quick to respond and flexible. She was so easy to work with and made my vision come to life. On top of making it stress-free for me, all of our guests were SO IMPRESSED with the food. Usually wedding food is fine, but this was superb. We had SO many compliments on the food. Even months after people were asking me who we used.

Hilvers Catering was great! Everyone at our reception enjoyed the food and their staff was very helpful.

We worked mostly with Katie and she was incredibly helpful. Everyone at the company was able to answer my millions of questions that came up right before the wedding. They were very flexible and the food was amazing!

Lauren · Married on 06/14/2014

Hilvers did an excellent job on our food! We chose to have the grill out menu, everyone loved it and thought it was a great idea for a summer wedding! The staff were very professional, one of them even went as far as to make my plate for me! Our guests loved all of the condiment selections, especially the horseradish.
    Satisfied customer here :)

Erin · Married on 05/30/2014

Brides in Cincinnati - Look no further than Hilvers Catering. They were so professional and helpful while planning my wedding menu. The food was absolutely delicious and we had rave reviews. We went "off the grid" and had a Taco Bar and we couldn't believe all the toppings the Hilvers group came up with for our guests. Meat lovers and vegetarians - all left satisfied. And if this isn't enough, the price was very fair and the food very fresh! Highly recommend them and have had their dinner buffet before and very good - that is why we made Hilvers our choice for our big day.... not sorry we did.

Jessica · Married on 06/21/2013

The food was wonderful; the staff was wonderful. Their Alfredo Sauce was amazing. Katie, who is one of the workers at Hilvers, was absolutely incredible. She was so kind and patient with me. I'm sure I had to be annoying with my 500 questions but she didn't seem annoyed or frustrated with me at all. She took the time to respond and answer all my questions. PLUS, get this...at my reception, we had a buffet, and my husband and I went to make a plate. Well, in the process of trying to make a plate, we ran into lots of guests, which was wonderful, but made it really difficult for me to go get dinner. Katie, who noticed I was having a difficult time trying to make a plate, came over, asked me what I wanted, made a plate for me and brought it over to my table. She went above and beyond to make my wedding day wonderful.

Darlene · Married on 05/24/2013

The food at Hilver's Catering was great! The pasta bar was the best choice for us, my guest loved the food and the attendents were very nice and helpful. The price was reasonable and affordable. I would diffinately reccomend Hilver's Catering!

Lauren · Married on 06/16/2012

Hilvers did a great job catering our wedding of 200+ guests, and helped the event to run very smoothly. It was very clear from the meetings we had with them and the service from the night of the wedding that they are very experienced in this business. They seemed genuinely concerned with making it a great night for me and my family. The food was amazing! I would definitely recommend Hilvers to brides who are looking for great food and service at a reasonable price.
    P.S. Their mashed potatoes and grilled chicken are DELICIOUS!

Stephanie · Married on 05/25/2012

They were amazing! They have great customer service and the food was amazing. We had the Italian pastas and they even boxed it all up for us and let us keep the left overs. Also they carried my food to my table for me even know it was a buffet. I highly recommend them!

Kaitlin · Married on 04/08/2017

Absolutely wonderful! They answered every question promptly (and there were a lot of them!), made any changes requested and were super flexible about it, and then on wedding day? Blew me away! They were so helpful I even thought at first they were the venue staff since they were helping everywhere! When it came time to eat/drink I felt like I had my own personal server. Not requested but such a nice touch since I was always running around. The food was complimented by everyone and there was more than enough. Thank you Hilvers!

Taylor · Married on 06/23/2017

Great choice and great to work with! The food was delicious and very affordable! Amazing value! They were also great to work with. We did a main tasting and a couple smaller ones as we refined, and they were so accommodating and did everything to make that happen. Our guests really enjoyed it too! The marinated chicken, lasagna, mac and cheese and feta pesto appetizer were all amazing.

Penny · Married on 06/16/2017

Hilvers offers a lot of bang for your buck. They are family-run and have been in business for a long time. You can trust them to be very professional as well as affordable. My daughter and her husband chose the pasta bar, and their guests raved about it. The presentation of the buffet tables was beautiful, the staff was professional and the homemade sauces were excellent. I would highly recommend Hilvers.

Customer service is excellent.

• Kayla

Kayla · Married on 08/04/2012

Our pig roast dinner was delicious! There was more than enough food and we got to keep the leftovers! The Hilvers staff was very flexible and allowed us to change our selection and numbers many times.

The only trouble we had was with the table linens which we ordered through Hilvers. They were the wrong size. However, we called Hilvers and they had someone drive over the correct linens right away. It's great that they were able to do this.

Beverly · Married on 11/12/2017

4.2
      3.5
      3.5

The staff were extremely helpful and welcoming. Enjoyed by all.