Hillcrest Golf Club Reviews

Hillcrest Golf Club 2
  • Sara

Sara Mccray Laduke · Getting married on 03/07/2020

Incredible!

The staff is so helpful!! The property and reception hall are both beautiful! Highly recommend

Sent on 09/05/2019

Betsy · Married on 06/07/2014

I highly recommend Hillcrest Golf Club to anyone looking for a reasonably priced venue with an upscale feel in a beautiful setting. We only had our reception at Hillcrest since we were married in our church. The recpetion hall is newly redecorated and gorgeous! Nice dance floor space, giant windows looking out over the golf course, bar area inside, patio outside with seating, neutral paint and decorations allow you to make the space your own. We were able to bring in all our own vendors and decorations except for alcohol. Our package included everything else though! Table linens, chair covers-with bows died to match our colors-centerpieces, all tables and chairs, the bar tender for the evening and our champagne toast. Brooke was so helpful in planning our big day and making sure everything ran smoothly. She responded to all my questions quickly, even when they were silly! She made me feel comfortable and helped me organize my decorating plans. TJ was a wonderful bartender and made sure things ran smoothly the night of the event. He and Brooke both helped us come up with a bar plan that worked for us and our budget. Just an amazing space with amazing staff at an amazing price!

Sent on 07/20/2014

Adriana · Married on 09/14/2013

Brooke is the event coordinator. She made everything perfectly and assisted with the flow of my day! There's no other venue that would be able to cater to you the way that Hillcrest did!

Sent on 10/10/2013

Hillcrest Golf Club's reply:

I thoroughly enjoyed working with you for your special day!! Thank you and please keep in touch :)

Allison · Married on 11/11/2012

Cindy out at Hillcrest was great! She met with us multiple times to make sure we had everything we needed prior to our wedding and she was out there the day of the wedding to make sure everything went great! The location was beautiful and the grass was well taken of for the ceremony and the reception hall was already put together even though there was a wedding there the night before!!

Sent on 11/15/2012

Lori · Married on 11/11/2012

The setting was beautiful and we loved the reception hall. Cindy the event coordinator was very helpful especially the day of and during the wedding and reception.

Sent on 12/03/2012

Ashley · Married on 10/15/2011

Michelle at HillCrest was amazing!! She was flexible and reassuring throughout stressful wedding planning. It was a beautiful venue with great photo opportunities. The night of went smoother than I could have imagined and Michelle was there the entire night ensuring success. We had so much fun on our wedding night and were very satisfied with HillCrest Golf Course as our wedding venue!

Thanks so much!
    Ashley & Bobby

Sent on 12/17/2011

Shawnna · Married on 10/01/2011

Michelle was the best she was amazing and I hope to go to many more weddings at the Hillcrest as I will be recommending her to everyone.

Sent on 10/29/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 06/11/2011

Hillcrest was a great place for our reception. The hall was roomy and definately fit everyone comfortably. The dance floor is nicely placed in the middle of the room. The best part about Hillcrest was the our contact, Michelle White. She was the best asset we could have asked for. She went above and beyond her job description making sure everything was perfect for our big day. She worked great with our photographer and catering and even took care of some issues we had so we wouldnt have to stress out about it, she put in so many hours to make sure everything was exactly the way that we imagined it. She helped make everything so perfect! Would definately recommend Hillcrest if you want the perfect setting!

Sent on 08/09/2011
  • F

Fawn · Married on 10/23/2010

My husband and I are so glad we pick the Hillcrest for our wedding and reception. The place is so beautiful in every way. We got the most beautiful pictures at sunset by the water. I had over 150 guest’s and thought the reception hall was going to be a tight fit but when everyone was there is was the perfect size along with the dance floor. Michelle is so wonderful to work with whenever I had a question or concern she always emailed me back very promptly. She also surprised us the day of our wedding with such a perfect touch to our wedding. The price is also very reasonable and I would highly recommend this place for a wedding. On a side note you will need to do a lot of the work yourself like set up the reception hall and make sure that if they agree to anything make sure it’s in writing on your contract. This was no issue for me but for some brides it might.

Sent on 01/03/2011

Lynne · Married on 10/09/2010

After you have looked at sites for your wedding take a real good look at Hillcrest!!! The professional care and attention from every member of their staff is the best in the business. We would not recommend anyone else for the most beautiful and most importantly STRESS-FREE event we could have ever had!!!Thank you Hillcrest for giving my daughter the most perfect wedding day that she could have dreamed of!!!

Sent on 10/10/2010

Cassie · Married on 03/12/2010

I Loved Hillcrest! It was the perfect location. The staff was great Michelle is the best. Also how can you not rent a place that comes with a Margarita fountain? I mean come on. That's awesome. My husband loved the site too. He was very pleased that Michelle let him and his friends golf before the wedding because us girls were running late. We were both very pleased and we had the best wedding ever...
    Thank you Michelle, without you none of this would have been possible.
    Happy wedding planning.

Sent on 06/26/2010

Melissa · Married on 10/14/2011

The venue was awesome. Very polite staff and the event coordinator Michelle was extremely helpful!

Sent on 12/17/2011

CHRISSY · Married on 03/13/2010

Hillcrest was a great place to get married, beautiful pictures and their food through them was very delicious! There were a few bumps in the road through my experience but we were able to get through them. They are very reasonable for price in ceremony and reception! Michelle the head of weddings is wonderful to work with and has some great idea's in the process!

Sincerely,
    The Barthel's

Heather · Married on 06/06/2010

3.0

Michelle is very easy to work with and responds quickly to all questions. She was never unpleasant and worked well with me.

Michael · Married on 10/22/2011

Very good service and communication, alcohol was on the expensive side.

Sent on 10/25/2011
  • Jackie

Jackie Louise · Married on 10/27/2019

Best price in town!

I highly recommend HillCrest. Everyone was great to work with. Vinni was fantastic and would get back to me within 48 hours which is great considering he is also the gold course manager among other titles. The price was by far the most affordable that I found and I looked at 12 plus vendors. The venue is gorgeous. They set up the basics and then I added more to their decor. When the setup wasn’t quite like we discussed upon arrival that morning, they made it right in 20 minutes. Expect a bit of DIY with this venue but that makes sense with the price as a wedding coordinator is not included. I was super happy with the results and if you are looking to keep your wedding affordable this is the place!!!

Hillcrest Golf Club 3
    Hillcrest Golf Club 4
    Sent on 11/08/2019

Krysten · Married on 04/28/2012

3.0

Hillcrest is a gorgeous place to get married!! We started out with a wedding coordinator that was less than awesome. After several months of getting the run around by her (and not getting a response from the GM), she quit (THANKFULLY!) and Cindy was hired. Cindy is AMAZING!!!!! Cindy went above and beyond to make our day special!!! I would recommend Hillcrest as long as Cindy is there!

Sent on 05/24/2012

Lauren · Married on 04/10/2010

Michelle was great to work with, very accomidating. I wish the pavillion was a little nicer, but the views of the course made up for it! Perfect for springtime weddings!! :)

Kelly · Married on 03/27/2012

3.5
      3.5
      3.0

The place is nice. My guests had a very hard time finding it. When I first signed the contract, I was promised certain things. And then when the time came to do those certain things, I got the run-around. The cost was $500 MORE than what we had agreed upon because of 'tax and gratuity'. There is a new wedding coordinator that started just a few weeks before my wedding, and she was wonderful. Her name is Cindy, and she was very easy to work with. But the rest of my experience was frustrating, almost to the point that I was going to change my venue 1 month before the wedding to accommodate my needs.

Sent on 04/04/2012

Myrna · Married on 11/12/2011

0.0

Michelle White was very unprofessional. At first she had told us that we didnt have to have the money till 3 weeks before the wedding, then 3-4 months beofre the wedding she started withholding information until we made another payment. Then i called her three weeks before the wedding to make my final payment and she was not in the office that day. So i told her i would call her the nesxt day to make the payment, so she took it apon herself to withdraw the payment with the credit information she had on file before i called her wich made my account negative because the payment i was making was from another act.The day beofre the wedding and the day of the wedding she cordinated nothing I will never recomend Hilcrest to any of my friends

Sent on 12/29/2011

Hillcrest Golf Club's reply:

Hillcrest is very apologetic for any confusion that may have been caused from a financial perspective with this bride's mother. We financially accomodated them due to the confusion. We do require a credit card to be on file, as we do have payment plans that are setup when the contract is signed and expect payment at that time. Again, we were thrilled that the wedding was executed by Michelle seemlessly and that the bride was happy. We wish them all the best of luck in a long and happy life together!

Brittany · Married on 02/20/2010

1.0

Hillcrest Golf Club has beautiful grounds and the value for the venue was very reasonable. The lack of coordination for our wedding and lack of knowledge by the staff as what was actually included in the price almost left us wishing that we would have picked another venue. If you choose to use this venue, get everything that is included for the price you are quoted in writing upfront, because they seem to forget after 6 months what they promised you. On a positive note; the floral designer that the facility uses was a absolute pleasure to work with and very professional.

Sent on 06/27/2010

katie · Married on 08/08/2009

1.6
      0.5

o boy where to begin!
    ~just be prepared for everything to be rushed, unless you have help than you should be somewhat fine. ~make sure someone is there to cut the cake to guests, ~make sure you tell your dj it will be ok or not to take song requests from guests.(our dj freaked! when we told him it was fine before) ~~we paid for everything and by the time for us to find a minister came around we didnt have enough or wanted to pay another 200$ for a minister,just seemed ridiculas- trust me put your money into one it was fun to have a friend ordained but when it comes to rehearsal they dont have a clue and the actual ceromony flew by! i dont know if things were skipped or what, but i felt like i walked up said i do kiss kiss and ta dah was walking right back down haha

Sent on 11/19/2009
  • vgross6

Victoria · Married on 12/19/2009

0.8
      0.5
      2.0

My family and I were so incredibly disappointed with the service at Hillcrest. They act as if they are so excited to help you with your wedding and then disappear until the day of. So unhelpful and not even worth the stress. No matter what special they are offering, it is not worth the hassle. It was horrible. We felt totally ignored and lied to.

Sent on 03/22/2010