Giovanni's Restaurant & Convention Center Reviews

13 | Rockford, IL

13 Reviews for Giovanni's Restaurant & Convention Center

Giovanni's was our caterer for our wedding at The Pavilion in Rockton, IL. We worked with Jaymie and she was an absolute pleasure to work with. She made everything so easy for us. We are not from the area so she worked with our schedules to meet up for everything from the tasting to the final meeting days before our big day. We have heard nothing but great things about the food. Many of our guests have told us it is some of the best wedding food they have ever had.

Jaymie and her team helped make our night one of the most memorable nights of my husband and I's life.

Joe & Jessica Nowak

Sent on 10/20/2014

Brittany · Married on 09/13/2014

Giovanni's was such a joy to work with throughout the entire wedding planning process. They host many events there throughout the year and I knew how well they operate while doing them. They are timely the food is great, and the ballroom is absolutely beautiful! I couldn't have imagined having our reception anywhere else!

Sent on 11/06/2014

brooke · Married on 08/22/2014

I was told by numerous people that it was the best wedding dinner they have ever had. They also saved my husband and I some appetizers because we were taking photos during cocktail hour. They were also very accommodating as many of my gluten free guests RAVED about their meal.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Melissa · Married on 10/05/2013

I met with about 5 catering companies for my wedding day. Giovanni's by far was the most profession and flexible. Their reasonable prices is what drew me in and their amazing food is what kept me there. I had a seated streak and chicken meal as well as a complete open bar for my wedding guests. The price was unbelieveablly reasonable and the meal kept my guests talking for weeks. Jaymie is extremely friendly and easy to work with. The tasting was amazing and the chef even customized a steak sauce to my husband's prefrerance! They catered my food to my venue which was about 45mins away from their resturant. The food was hot and fresh as if they had prepared it all there! The presentation at my wedding was beyond what I had expected! Butlered Hordurves, beer, wine and champange! The over all service and quality of the food was beyond amazing! I highly reccommend them for your catering needs!

Sent on 10/27/2013

Megan · Married on 09/22/2012

Giovanni's catering is excellent! Their staff was very professional and efficient, they served my wedding guest very quickly and were very accomodating. Their food is wonderful and I had many guests compliment Giovanni's as "the best meal they have had a wedding reception". Jaymie was very helpful in arranging the services and tasting. Very grateful to them for helping to make my special day so perfect.

Sent on 10/05/2012

Jana · Married on 07/28/2012

Wow! We were blown away by the food Giovanni's provided for our wedding at The Pavillion at Orchard Ridge Farms! We received many compliments from guests that it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding! Dealing with Giovanni's was easy- Jaymie is awesome and our tasting was a blast! Al came out and talked with us as well and helped customize the entrees to exactly what we wanted! Thank you so much to everyone at Giovanni's for making the catering portion of our wedding so excellent!

Sent on 09/17/2012

Giovanni's Restaurant & Convention Center's reply:

Hello Jana,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on WeddingWire. We are so happy you were pleased with the meal we prepared and served at your wedding. We are honored you chose us to be a part of your special day. Best Wishes to you and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again. The Giovanni's Staff

Giovanni's was great! The food was delicious and Jaymie was wonderful to work with. She made sure all my ideas were heard and carried through.

Sent on 06/26/2012

Jacquelyn · Married on 04/16/2011

Giovanni's was fantastic for everything (the food, the help planning, the set-up, storing flowers and such until Monday after reception, the general flow of night, etc...). The staff was exceptionally helpful and professional with assisting us in any last minute changes and/or additions. I would highly recommend Giovanni's to anybody looking to have a fantastic reception! We couldn't of asked for a more perfect evening and we owe most of it to Giovanni's and their staff!!

Sent on 04/27/2011

Sarah · Married on 03/11/2006

Food was delicious and they were extrememly accommodating.....when had to change the date of our wedding, they allowed us to get the date we wanted as well as using our down payment for the reception for a really nice small dinner/reception (I found out I was pregnant a couple of months into our engagement)

Sent on 07/13/2008

Giovanni's was so easy to work with. We were assigned an event coordinator, Ricci, right from the start and she was on top of things from the moment we met. She addressed all questions quickly and was easy to get in touch with. She also explained all of the details very well, met with us several times and helped us to make changes to our menu. Giovanni's also lets you do a free tasting if you are having your wedding there, something a lot of places no longer do, and it was very helpful in choosing our menu. In general they are very accommodating to special requests and though they do have packages, there motto seems to be "whatever you want, we can make it happen." Though that may be exaggerating a bit, they did go above and beyond to cater to our requests and our reception was wonderful. The food was great, the staff friendly and overall the night was a great success. We have been eating here, attending banquets and hanging out in Big Al's bar for many years so we were familiar with their venue, yet they still went above and beyond in our eyes. Thanks Giovanni’s and Ricci for helping make our wedding amazing!

One last note... their banquet hall was booked the day of our wedding so we reserved the main dining room for our wedding. If you are having a smaller wedding (less than 200) I highly recommend checking out this room. It is gorgeous, classy and a great space for smaller events. We loved it!

Sent on 01/03/2013

Jennifer · Married on 08/18/2018

The venue was beautiful and the staff was very helpful. They accommodated all of my requests and my wedding went off without a hitch! The only thing I wish was different, is that the coordinator I was planning with for the entire year wasn’t there on my wedding day. I wish they would’ve told me I would have someone else on my day because I was running around looking for someone until I found who was actually helping me that day.

Sent on 09/01/2018

Absolutely amazed by Giovanni's. Everything was perfect. They took the load off me and set everything up and tore everything down for my reception. They have been recently remodeled and the entire place looks fantastic. I was so surprised by the food for my reception. It did not taste like banquet food at all and everyone raved on how delicious it was. They were very accommodating and made my position as a bride less stressful. I cannot believe that everything actually happened as planned without any problems, and this was mainly thanks to Giovanni's.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Candice · Married on 06/19/2010

4.2
      3.5
      3.5

Beautiful venue for our reception~ and great service the night of. The only disappointment I had was problems with the linens not being available as I was led to believe. They do not offer options, only the option to rent from a super expensive company. After everything was said and done, we loved our reception and everything worked out, but we did end up with plain white tablecloths and no chair covers! Also, I was glad I hired a DOC because Giovanni's didn't help with set up of our DIY projects, they left it all to my coordinator. Overall, food was good and the bar was a great set up, so I would still recommend, just make sure you know exactly what you are not getting ahead of time!

Sent on 06/26/2010