Gifford's Kitchen & Social Reviews

6 | Elgin, IL

6 Reviews for Gifford's Kitchen & Social

Peggy Barry · Married on 12/22/2018

Great Evevnt

Beautiful venue, helpful staff and delicious food.

Sent on 12/27/2018

Amy · Married on 09/02/2018

From the food to the service to the beautiful decor and outside space, we couldn’t be happier with our choice in Gifford’s for our wedding and reception.

Sent on 09/26/2018

Carlie · Married on 08/30/2018

Everything was perfect for my rehearsal dinner. I was taken away when I stepped into my venue, absolutely magical! The staff were more than acocomdating. Crystal our planner couldn’t have been better!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Cari · Married on 09/15/2018

3.2
      3.5
      3.5
      3.0

Initial start of planning with this vendor was difficult, once we voiced our frustration the ball got rolling. For being the venues 3rd or 4th event it was concerning for timeliness. It ended up being very rushed, and ended much earlier than expected. Great food.

Sent on 09/25/2018
  • Mike

Mike · Married on 09/06/2013

1.4

Terrible Shower Experience

I wanted to express my disappointment in the mismanagement of our baby shower at Gifford's. Both my wife and I are embarrassed that we chose this establishment to host the shower.

We were told we could start setting up at 10:30 a.m. After arriving at 10:20 a.m., there was nothing set-up in the room. It seemed like none of the staff knew of this event. We didn't get access to the room until 10:45 a.m.

We asked for white table clothes and received black, a staff member attempted to located white one's with no success.
    My brother-in-law and I had to pull out a table and help set it up for mimosa's, which should have already been arranged. We asked the staff about the mimosa table and they knew nothing of it. Once our guests started arriving, the staff was frantically trying to set-up the dispenser, which was too low to comfortably pour a glass and ultimately replaced with pitchers.

I didn't see a manager around to actually help coordinate anything. Our bruschetta spread came out late. We began receiving our food with no utensils. People were actually sitting and staring at there plates without a fork and knife. These are the first things that should be placed on the table before guests even arrive. Many of our guests, including my wife, were missing the avocado from our BLT"A". Our fruit spread didn't come out at all, instead we received it in take-out containers. One of our guests asked for no mayo on there BLT-A, and was repeatedly told this could not be done. That's a simple request that should've been easily accommodated without argument.

These are only some of the oversights that we noticed. I do not recommend this establishment for any kind of event.

Sent on 06/06/2019

Hannah Beth · Married on 08/16/2019

Hostility and fatty food

Food was full of fat and server was terribly rude. Never going again

Sent on 08/16/2019