Gambol Photography Reviews

23 | Cornelius, NC

23 Reviews for Gambol Photography

Angela · Married on 04/22/2017

We worked with Justin and Megan for engagement and wedding photos . They were both so friendly and helped us both to relax in front of the camera. The photos were absolutely beautiful - I couldn't believe how quickly they were able to share a sneak peak album. I'm 100% happy with the services and I'd highly recommend Gambol Photography!

Sent on 04/24/2017

Susan · Married on 10/22/2016

Loved Megan and Justin. Hard workers and produced beautiful and unique photographs. Recommend them highly.

Sent on 11/13/2016

Savannah · Married on 05/28/2016

I have loved working with Megan through my planning process! I fell in love with her work immediately, but still compared prices with other local photographers in Greensboro/ Charlotte/ Raleigh regions and found that she was such a great value! Her pricing is amazing and you get high quality, editorial images that are magazine worthy!

I had the opportunity to meet her husband, Justin, who will be the 2nd shooter for my wedding on 05/28/16 and I am excited to work with him, as well! The Mooks are are very family oriented and down to earth.

Megan was great to work with while planning the engagement shoot. I was back and forth about the type of locations and she helped me decide on the perfect combination of an urban and natural setting by going to parks on the outskirts of downtown Charlotte. She also recommended colors we should wear and advised the best time of day for great lighting. She is really an expert with a vision!

We got our engagement pictures back this week and everyone keeps telling me how beautiful they are! I love them too, especially because they look so classy and timeless. We were very nervous before the shoot and I brought lots of props for her to help us choose from, and she was amazing with posing us and helping us get comfortable.

I will be doing a bridal shoot with her in the spring and have all day coverage for my wedding and I can't wait to share more!

Sent on 11/13/2015

Stephanie · Married on 11/07/2015

Megan and Justin are the best. I fell in love with the photos from their website and after emailing them, I immediately knew they were a great choice based on how responsive they were! On the wedding day, they were relaxed yet directive in a way that made us feel like we were in good hands. There was a "sneak peek" album ready within days of the wedding and our entire USB of all the final photos was mailed to us by 2 months. We could not be happier with our photos! Hoping we can work with these 2 again someday!

Sent on 04/23/2016

Christina · Married on 10/17/2015

We absolutely loved working with Gambol! After seeing their photos of a friend's wedding, we booked them immediately and could not have made a better choice. They were fun to work around and easy to get a long with! They were great telling us how to pose and where to stand so that our photos were quick and easy and we could move on to the next event. We can't wait to have them take our photos again once we start our family!!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Jacqueline · Married on 10/10/2015

Amazing couple to work with. They made us feel so comfortable and really enjoy our day and our time spent with them!

Sent on 10/23/2015

Devan and Courtney · Married on 10/02/2015

We chose Gambol Photography because of how friendly and personable they were! Turned out to be a great decision! Not only did we get the wedding of our dreams but they captured ever moment gracefully! The pictures they took were beyond explainable with words but I guess extremely beautiful will work for now! They have natural God-given talent that if you hire them for your wedding/engagement/bridal portraits you will not regret it!

Sent on 10/14/2015

We used Gambol Photography for both our Engagement and Wedding photos, and we were not disappointed. The pictures always turn out wonderfully. They have a great eye for what looks best, and they are willing to do anything to get the best photos possible. You will be looking at your wedding photos for the rest of your life, so why not ensure that you hire the best so you can enjoy them forever? I highly recommend Gambol.

Sent on 10/20/2015
  • FinallyMrsW

Kelsey · Married on 10/24/2014

Justin and Megan were absolutely amazing! Seriously they got our sneak peek up within ONE WEEK! And the pics captured our day more beautifully than I could have asked or imagined! :)

Sent on 11/04/2014

Emily · Married on 10/04/2014

As soon as I saw Gambol Photography’s photos I was in love. I couldn’t wait to contact them, and once we got in touch, Megan was so friendly and easy to communicate with and I never felt uneasy when we were emailing back and forth. We met for the first time at our engagement shoot, and even though my husband and I had never had our pictures taken professionally before and felt stiff and awkward at first, Megan and Margaret helped us feel comfortable around the camera, and by the end of the shoot we were laughing and relaxed and I had forgotten that I ever felt uncomfortable.

On our wedding day, Megan and Justin arrived early and stayed late – they truly have no time limits, and they were so friendly and professional. They blended right in yet they still managed to capture both the big moments and the small – from our kiss at the altar, to my husband nuzzling with our dog before the ceremony, to our friends doing backflips on the dance floor. Megan and Justin are an incredibly talented duo and their passion shows through in their photography. A sneak peek of our wedding was posted just a few days after --- we’ve flipped through them again and again and each time brings a smile to our faces. I can’t wait to see our entire album but have no doubts that they will have captured our day perfectly. I have nothing but good words to say, would recommend Gambol Photography to anyone, and am so thankful that we choose them to capture our wedding day!

Sent on 10/26/2014

Sara · Married on 08/17/2014

Megan and Justin are simply put AMAZING. These are two of the most talented people I have ever met. Their passion and artistry comes out in all of their photos. They captured the big moments in our wedding perfectly, but even better than that they captured the small, quiet moments that really told the entire story of our wedding. I looked through my wedding pictures with tears in my eyes, reliving the happiest day of my life. Our best wedding decision was choosing Megan and Justin to be our photographers. They were so easy to work with and understanding every step of the way.

Sent on 10/13/2014

Tanya · Married on 07/12/2014

Megan is so creative. When we met for the bridal portraits and then saw the final product, I accused her of making my job difficult. It was hard to pick the best ones because they were all so good

She is professional and responsive.

You won't go wrong by hiring her to do your photography.

The wedding was just yesterday. So we can't wait to see the final product.

Sent on 07/13/2014

Sarah · Married on 05/25/2014

A great photographer...
    Megan handled both our engagement and wedding photos. She made us feel extremely comfortable and confident. Her photographic techniques, vision, staging, and use of lighting were awesome. On our wedding day, she and her assistant worked non-stop to capture the best moments of the day. They went above and beyond to capture a special "sparkler" shot at the end of the night...even though our guests were a bit drunk by that point. :) Worth every penny. I would recommend her to anyone, without hesitation.

Sent on 05/29/2014
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 11/30/2013

As a videographer, I have extremely high expectations for the quality of photography for my wedding. I met Justin and Megan at a wedding that I was filming at and they were shooting at. They are a very pleasant and professional husband and wife team and I enjoyed meeting them. After that wedding I checked out their work and was amazed by the pictures they had taken. I immediately contacted Megan and booked her for my wedding and for bridal portraits. Megan was the photographer for my bridal portraits and it was wonderful working with her. She had great ideas, communicated them well and her personality made the shoot stress-free and fun! I got to see the preview of the bridal portraits the other day and I love every single picture! She picked up the details of my shoes and dress, and each shot was it's own masterpiece. I cannot wait to have her and Justin shoot my wedding in a few months! I know without a doubt, the pictures will be incredible and that they will be perfect to work with. I couldn't be any happier, I am so glad I chose Gambol Photography!

Sent on 12/17/2013

Jennifer · Married on 11/10/2012

Megan & Justin Mook of Gambol Photography were absolutely everything we were looking for in a wedding day photographer... and then some. Megan also captured our Engagement and Bridal portraits as well and they were such a pleasure to work with throughout the entire process. We sought out Gambol Photography due to their affordable rates and the beautiful examples of their work we saw on their site. They delivered so much more than we could have even asked for. They embraced our ideas for a vintage engagement shoot and every idea we had for Bridal, Rehearsal Dinner and Wedding photography as well. Megan and Justin were integral to the success of our wedding day and produced outstanding wedding photographs that were exactly what we were looking for. We love their journalistic photography style that produces outstanding photographs, which far exceed your run-of-the-mill, boring wedding photography. I highly recommend Gambol Photography for brides-to-be looking for affordable, journalistic, wonderful photographs the truly capture your once-in-a-lifetime memories.

Sent on 11/25/2012

Sent on 10/25/2015

connie · Married on 06/03/2016

Megan and Justin were wonderful. They went above and beyond for my big day. They were very accommodating with last minute schedule changes due to the rain. I was told by friends when wedding planning that my goal was to get a photographer who could capture at least 2-3 wedding photos that I could proudly display in my home. Megan and Justin were able to capture at least 20 that I would love to display in my home. I have so many wonderful couple pictures. I have gotten numerous compliments from friends on the photos posted on Facebook. My only negative is that I wish there were more pictures of the setting. I would recommend Gambol Photography to all my friends and family. They are a steal as far as pricing for their quality of work.

Sent on 12/30/2016

Maranda · Married on 10/03/2015

3.5

To put it simply, Megan and Justin are the best EVER! We met them both at another wedding through a mutual friend. Before we were even engaged I just knew they would be the ones to capture our Big Day! I loved there work and stalked them from the very beginning! Justin worked with my fiancé to photograph my entire surprise proposal and I still get teary eyed looking through all the pictures. Justin even went out of his way to video the proposal for us! So sweet! :) Justin was the one who took our engagement pictures for us as well and we had SO much fun. We chose all the locations and he was down for anything and everything! He is so good at showing you exactly how to pose and making the nervous jitters go away ;) And of course the fabulous duo of Team Mook captured our wedding day. From start to finish they were right by our side snapping shots of all the wonderful special little details. I truly can't imagine our wedding without Megan and Justin there with us. They truly are such a blessing to us and such a husband and wife "dream team". We haven't recieved all of our pictures just yet but our sneak peak was too die for! We know without a doubt we will LOVE all of our wedding pictures and we cannot wait to see them. We feel so lucky to know them, thankful to call them friends, and honored that they have been our photographers for so many special moments. We hope to use them for many more big life moments! I would HIGHLY recommend Gambol Photography for your Wedding or any other special event that you may have coming up! Look no further ladies! I promise you will not regret it! :)

Sent on 10/31/2015

Megan and Justin were fantastic to work with for our wedding. They were easy to get along with, you didn't even realize they were around for most of the day, and many of our guests commented on their efficiency and professionalism. I would highly recommend them for any special occasion in your life!

Sent on 10/28/2015

Anna · Married on 08/10/2013

3.0

After our wedding (which was in Asheville), I was disappointed with our photos from another photography and reached out to my wedding planner (Gretchen - Red Bird Events) to see if she knew any photographers in the Raleigh area for a boudoir session. I wanted to do the session as a one year anniversary gift for my husband. Gretchen recommended a few people and as soon as I saw Gambol Photography's images, I knew they were the ones I wanted to use. Their romantic, soft, artistic style was exactly what I was looking for.
    Working with Megan was great. I drove from Raleigh to Charlotte for the shoot and she involved me int he planning process regarding the location, style, hair and makeup. She made me feel very comfortable leading up to the shoot. She and her husband had just had a baby so communication was sometimes delayed but it did not cause any issues. On the day of the shoot, the girl doing hair and makeup had an emergency but the transition to someone else was so seamless I did not even know until I was in the room and at that point it was not a problem. I ended up loving the new girl (Katie with Makeup Your Face NC).
    During the shoot itself Megan was amazing. Our 3 hour shoot flew by. I was nervous and didn't know how to pose or "be sexy". She directed me and provided wonderful guidance. She told me where to put my hands, where to look, where my hair should go. It was so much less stressful that I was expecting. She also helped me choose from the many outfit options I brought.
    Megan sent me a sneak peak of 4 images the same night as the shoot. Within 4 weeks, she sent me 50 edited images from our shoot and I have to say there is not a single one I did not like. This is coming from a girl who hates 9/10 photos that are taken of me. Everyone that has seen the pictures is in love with the artistic talent of the images. I highly recommend Gambol Photography to brides!

Sent on 04/17/2015

Jackie · Married on 05/18/2013

Megan and Justin are absolutely amazing. We knew after looking over previous weddings they've photographed, in addition to the options they offer, that they would the perfect fit for us. They were extremely flexible as far as meeting us at the different locations for our engagement shoot, bridal shoot, and wedding. They do a great job at managing the craziness that is involved during a wedding day, and capturing the moments you want to remember and cherish. I believe photojournalism is a perfect word to describe Gambol Photography, because their images truly bring you back to that day, and tell a story. They are truly a gem, offering affordable packages, high quality photos, and a great experience. They are wonderful people, I would definitely recommend them!!

Sent on 06/03/2013

Jane · Married on 06/13/2015

2.8
      2.5
      3.5
      2.5
      2.0

While the photographs turned out pretty nice, the communication and professionalism of Gambol Photography makes me not recommend them to anyone. Almost 2 years after my wedding I still haven't received prints I paid for and not to mention almost every encounter I had with Megan was re-booked or cancelled because of lack of childcare or some other excuse. They also weren't so great at getting back to me when I had questions. Very unprofessional and caused unnecessary stress on myself as a bride. While I'm overall happy with my digital photographs, I am very disappointment in choosing these photographers to shoot my wedding day especially considering how much money was spent and the stress that was caused.

Sent on 05/17/2017
  • Tatiana

Tatiana · Married on 07/21/2018

1.8
      1.0
      1.0
      3.0

Disappointed

I booked Gambol Photography for my wedding in July 2018. As I write this review all I can say is I wish I had done more extensive research on them. The photos they have posted online to display their capabilities are deceiving, and their demeanor that day was very unprofessional. Megan and her husband Justin started my wedding day by being extremely rude to my wedding party when everyone was just in a very celebratory state of mind. I contracted a venue with tons of acreage to have a variety of scenery in my wedding photos. While viewing my pictures anyone can see Megan and her husband only positioned myself, the groom, and the rest of my bridal party and/or family members in front of a back door service entrance, underneath one tree, and in front of the ceremony area. They had basic photo skills that anyone with a camera could have done. There was no creativity in their work. It is just plain mediocre. From our wedding day which is supposed to be one of the most memorable days of our lives, I have just about 5 photos of myself in my dress. The photos of my first look with my husband had a big bright red service door in the back which was “edited” brown (extremely unappealing). I have 1 photo with my father, only 1 with my husband and our little boy, and missing photos with a ton of important people from the event. I would highly recommend that you NOT book with Gambol Photography as when the photos come back you will be high disappointed and your wedding day can never be given back to you and their photos will do it no justice.

Sent on 11/05/2018