Friendly Entertainment Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

339 Friendly Entertainment Reviews
  • Sarah

Sarah · Getting married on 07/18/2019

Frank did an amazing job at our wedding! The dance floor was packed the entire night and everyone kept commenting on what a great DJ we had. Frank made the planning part so easy and took care of everything for us that day....we did not have to worry about a thing and were able to totally enjoy ourselves. I highly recommend Frank.....you will not be disappointed!

Clay · Married on 10/05/2018

We could not have been more happy with Frank and the Friendly Entertainment crew. There are a lot of opportunities for things to go wrong at a wedding and it was very comforting to know we could trust Frank to not only take care of the music, but also take care of all the music and sound for the ceremony, cocktail hour, reception, and dancing after. Having people involved in the wedding who can handle a task is crucial, and took a lot of stress off our shoulders.

Sent on 10/12/2018

Friendly Entertainment's reply:

Thank you, Clay! It was our honor and we look forward to seeing you and Mrs. Collins at some of your friend's upcoming wedding celebrations!

Hollin · Married on 09/22/2018

Frank was amazing, we got so many compliments on music!

Sent on 09/27/2018

Friendly Entertainment's reply:

Thanks! It was our pleasure.

Michael · Married on 09/15/2018

DJ Frank was amazing to work with and we couldn't have been happier. He was on time, professional, and an overall pleasure to work with. Aside from his professionalism, he is an amazing DJ and kept our wedding reception dancing the entire night. We would HIGHLY recommend working with him.

Sent on 09/18/2018

Friendly Entertainment's reply:

Awesome! Thanks Mike & Eileen! It was so much fun.

Alexandra · Married on 09/01/2018

Frank is absolutely amazing. His wife Simmone was very responsive and flexible with meeting schedules and emailing back right away and seems like a sweetheart. Frank is the nicest person ever and very good at his job. He's professional, active, and organized. He made sure the entire wedding was exactly how we wanted it and allowed us to be creative with giving wonderful advice and expertise to make it even better. He kept everyone dancing for almost 3 hours!!! I would highly recommend DJ Frank and his wife Simmone. Absolutely loved it.

Sent on 09/02/2018
    Friendly Entertainment 1
    Friendly Entertainment 2
    Friendly Entertainment 3
    Friendly Entertainment 4

Friendly Entertainment's reply:

Love this! Thank you both for being so fun, easy going and madly in love. You made our job a pleasure.

Rachel · Married on 08/25/2018

I cannot even begin to explain how amazing Frank and his wife are! I would absolutely recommend them to anyone. We had our wedding at my in laws house so I relied on Frank to narrate the entire evenings events, which he did without one flaw.

Sent on 08/27/2018

Friendly Entertainment's reply:

Congratulations Mrs & Mr Barnes! We absolutely loved being a part of your wedding day!

Brian · Married on 08/18/2018

Having now experienced my own wedding, I think having a good DJ is one of the most important roles because of how key they are in setting the mood and pace of the wedding. Frank handled all of that perfectly, and I am really happy I went with him - amazing job.

Sent on 09/26/2018

Friendly Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Brian! You & Anna have such a fun, laid back vibe. We absolutely loved being with you both on your big day!

Joel · Married on 07/28/2018

Frank was awesome. He played great music and kept everyone on the dance floor all night, plus, he made sure everything else went on without a hitch. Simmone was also great and super responsive to any questions that we had. Would highly recommend Frank to everyone!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Friendly Entertainment's reply:

Thanks Joel! It was our pleasure.

Cassandra · Married on 07/28/2018

D.J. Frank was one of our FAVORITE wedding vendors. He and his wife were extremely responsive and easy to work with. He listened carefully to our preferences and helped us to create a great playlist. He took requests during the reception and was a BIG hit with the guests. But, he still made sure to keep the music in line with our original plan (not too many line dances, etc.). He arrived early and seamlessly coordinated with our caterer and officiant to make the ceremony and reception run smoothly. He even cued the bridesmaids and groomsmen to walk down the aisle. The dance floor was full all night and several guests asked for his contact information so they could book him for other events! Thanks D.J. Frank!

Sent on 08/11/2018

Friendly Entertainment's reply:

We love this! Thank you, Cassandra. After 25+ years of weddings, yours was and will forever be one of our favorites!

Joel · Married on 07/21/2018

Frank was DJ for our wedding in July and has been the DJ for other family members and friends in the past. He has done an excellent job at each one. We told him to do his thing for most of the reception and the dance floor was not empty once after the music started. The responses from him and Simmone were timely before the wedding. He communicated well with our wedding coordinator/other vendors to ensure that everything was neat/on time during the reception. Highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Friendly Entertainment's reply:

We loved working with you both! Thank you for trusting us to be a part of your big day. We'll see you soon!

Emily · Married on 06/30/2018

We booked Brandon for our June wedding, He was super responsive and was sure to answer any questions that we had. He made everything so easy and helped make our wedding day amazing! We were so lucky to have someone so great. I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 08/06/2018

Friendly Entertainment's reply:

Thank you, Emily, for taking the time to write this wonderful review for DJ Brandon!

Katie · Married on 06/09/2018

Frank was amazing! He made us feel very comfortable and confident from the first time we met with him to plan the wedding. Frank brought all of the necessary equipment, had a great setup with microphones for our outdoor ceremony with excellent sound quality, kept the schedule running smoothly during dinner/buffet calling/toasts and created an awesome atmosphere on the dance floor. He was super flexible with any adjustments we needed to make and it was clear that his top priority was for the bride and groom to get exactly what they wanted out of their big day. We could not recommend DJ Frank and Friendly Entertainment more! Thank you!!!

Sent on 06/12/2018

Friendly Entertainment's reply:

Katie, your wedding was magical! Such great people and so much love! Thank you.

lauren · Married on 06/08/2018

Frank was the best DJ! HE had us all dancing the whole night up until the last song. Before the wedding, he was organized with all the details and made sure he called us with any questions he had to make our day special. A good DJ is worth every penny because they make or break the night. We had the pleasure of seeing his work first hand before our wedding at our cousins wedding and we are so glad we choose him for our wedding day. IF you want a fun, nice DJ, Frank is your guy.

Sent on 06/12/2018

Friendly Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Lauren, it was our pleasure to work with you both!

Alysia · Married on 05/26/2018

Look no further for dj! Frank was amazing to work with! He took the time to meet with us before our wedding and helped to guide us through our wedding night! Frank made it so smooth and constantly checked in with us about timing. He was so accommodating to mine and my husband's needs. We created all of the playlists for our wedding and Frank provided. We had some requests of songs not on the music list and again Frank exceeded all expections and provide the exact songs we asked for. He kept everyone on the dance floor! I highly recommend him for a do! He will not disappoint.

Sent on 05/27/2018

Friendly Entertainment's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words!

Jenna · Married on 05/12/2018

Frank is an amazing DJ and I would highly recommend him to anyone. We loved him as soon as we met up with him to go over all the wedding details. It was amazing how much stress was relieved that day, as he helped with the timeline and the small details we didn’t think of. He made everything so easy and helped make our wedding day amazing. I asked him to create a mix of songs for my father daughter dance and he got it back to me the very next day. He worked great with my coordinator and they made the day run smoothly. He kept the crowd on the dance floor and we had a blast! He even managed to get some amazing pictures of us. My brother and his fiancé are having Frank as the DJ for their wedding in August and I can’t wait to see how great he makes their day.

Sent on 05/14/2018
    Friendly Entertainment 5
    Friendly Entertainment 6
    Friendly Entertainment 7
    Friendly Entertainment 8

Friendly Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Jenna! It was so much fun and an honor to be a part of.

Cat · Married on 04/22/2018

Frank & Simone are amazing! If you are getting married in or around Baltimore, look no further.

They were recommended to us by our venue and we once we'd compared prices, we didn't talk to anyone else. They have an amazing list of local venues they've worked and tell you up front how much things cost and all the service and expertise you get for your money.

Plus they're wonderful to work with and so flexible. We were able to do a Skype call as a get-to-know-you before we signed the contract. Then my husband and I focused on the music we loved (instead a "don't play" list) and built our ideal timeline for the event. When we met face-to-face about two months before the big day, we were able to really work out all the kinks. And he'd worked our venue so he knew all the quirks about how the space works and how long it takes to get up the aisle and where to position his equipment. It was a whole list of things that I didn't have to worry about.

At the wedding itself, Frank was a pillar of stability, knowing when each part of the event was supposed to take place and keeping tabs on wandering wedding party members. He had everybody dancing and all our guests have been asking for the playlist.

Sent on 05/07/2018

Friendly Entertainment's reply:

This is a wonderful review! It's very much appreciated and we can't tell you how much fun we had working with everyone!

Jennifer · Married on 03/10/2018

Frank was absolutely amazing! He was recommended by a family friend and I’m so happy he was available! Truly made my reception the best party I could ever wish for! Thank you so much Frank!

Sent on 03/20/2018

Thank you so much!

Karalin · Married on 03/10/2018

My husband, Cody and I both love music but we were clueless when it came time to picking a dj for our wedding. We wanted someone who was easy to get along with and someone with whom we could connect with. Friendly entertainment was recommended to us and we couldn't be more thankful or blessed to have gone with them. Frank and Simmone were both wonderful to work with however my husband and I were really able to get to know Brandon as he was our dj and support throughout the entire process. Brandon was easy to work with, very encouraging, patient, kind and understanding as he was married not long ago himself. Brandon was quick to respond with any question we had. He was thorough and meticulous when it came to pronouncing names, laying out the timeline and making sure we had everything prepared so we could relax and enjoy. Brandon really did fit our expectations as he was very easy to get along with and absolutely someone whom Cody and I both connected with. He was more than flexible with us as we planned to have an outdoor wedding on a potentially rainy day. He was willing to move his equipment around weather pending to allow us to have our ideal wedding. Brandon felt more like a friend (with awesome music taste) than someone we just hired to do a basic job. Brandon went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly. We would recommend Brandon to ANYONE looking for a dj who knows his stuff but has the humblest of hearts.

Cody and Karalin

Friendly Entertainment 9
    Friendly Entertainment 10

Ellen · Married on 01/06/2018

Please hire Frank for your wedding! He is the best in the business! The first time we met with Frank we were beyond excited to have him DJ our wedding. Frank went above and beyond for us. I was a little disorganized and threw a bunch of things at him on the day of the wedding. He just smiled and said no big deal. He kept the dances floored PACKED all night. The next day people were asking if we made the list of music to play because they loved the music and I said "nope, that was all Frank". We also asked for no line dances and minimum 80s music. Frank honored our requests and people thought it was great they didn't have to the awkward Cupid shuffle. I can't say enough good things about Frank. He truly enjoys DJing and is not intrusive during your day. He lets you be the center of attention. Please, do yourself a favor and hire him!

Jane · Married on 12/31/2017

I have been remiss in not posting a review earlier because Frank Marsden was one of our favorite vendors of our daughters lovely wedding. The wedding was New Year's Eve 2017 and every interaction we had with Frank was wonderful. He understood that Jennifer wanted to get the "wedding necessities" over early in the night and then it to be just a big NYE party for our family and friends. He was a fabulous MC who moved the night along seamlessly. My daughter and my husband had a fun surprise dance planned for the father daughter dance and Frank helped her compile the bits of 3 or 4 songs into something that sounded like it was meant to be for that special night. We "met" with Frank over facetime twice before the wedding and he put into action every wish that my daughter had regarding the music for the wedding. He listented to the types of music she wanted played and more importantly they types that she did NOT want played. His lovely wife came along to assist the night of. Thank you to you both we would recommend you to our friends every time!

Sent on 04/24/2018

Friendly Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Jane, it was our pleasure!

Jessica · Married on 11/18/2017

We could not have had a better experience with Frank and Simmone!! From day one, they were quick to respond to my e-mails and answered all of my questions! Their interactive website and music library helped so much in planning and they were able to offer great choices when we weren't sure of what song to go with! Frank helped make announcements for photos at our wedding which was a great help in moving things along efficiently so we could get to the party! He was awesome at reading the crowd and knew exactly what music to play!! We were so happy with how smoothly everything went and could not rave enough about Frank!!!

Sent on 11/27/2017

Friendly Entertainment's reply:

You could not have been an easier or more fun couple to work with! Thank you, Jessica & Michael.

Pam · Married on 11/11/2017

We had a great time working with Frank and Simmone over the course of our wedding planning process, and an even better time at our event at the Baltimore Museum of Art. Chatting with Frank about the broad strokes of our music preferences well ahead of time gave us confidence that he understood what we were hoping to get out of the night, and that his contributions as DJ and MC for the night would help things go off without a hitch. They even gave us some excellent suggestions that we ended up using for our processional / recessional music! As we got closer and all the timelines / logistics fell into place, we knew we were in good hands, as they were ready to answer any questions we had and gave valuable input for some of the sequence of events over the course of the evening. On the day of the wedding, Frank was a consummate professional and adeptly read the room to make sure the next song on deck was a perfect fit every time. In addition, he maintained a personal feel that made all of our friends and family recognize the music being played as characteristically "us" throughout the night. This was especially great because we had mainly provided Frank with some themes, artists, and songs that we liked. His excellent read of our preferences combined with his experience as a DJ to make the perfect playlist really made the night fly by! Thanks Frank and Simmone!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Thank you!

Ashley · Married on 11/04/2017

Dennis was amazing! He was not only an amazing dj but he kept our whole day running smoothly. He had multiple setup location both in and outdoors and kept the day flowing seamlessly. He checked in with us and gave us heads up to cake cutting and other details that were coming up.

Sent on 11/15/2017

Friendly Entertainment's reply:

That is wonderful! Thank you, Ashley! We appreciate your kind words.
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 11/04/2017

Frank and Simmone made our wedding day dreams come true!! We truly lucked out when we found them because they had a lot in common with us and we knew from the start that they would be the perfect fit for our day! Simone worked with us as our day of coordinator and officiant, and was so wonderful when it came to understanding our unique ideas for our wedding ceremony! And Frank did an amazing job of finding everything on our play list (we had some obscure songs too- including a special version of a David bowie song for our ceremony). There were a lot of things that we wanted done different from most traditional weddings and rather than hearing "no" which we were expecting to hear from a lot of vendors, Simone and Frank always met us with a "yes, why not?!" Their positive attitude and willingness to go above and beyond to make our day special and unique to us truly made a difference in having our vision come to fruition. We really don't know what we would have done without them! Speaking of above and beyond, they even stepped in to help with the set up of some of the last minute decor that our floral company failed to do on time, basically saving the day and going out of their way to help us remain calm in a situation that could have otherwise been pretty stressful. They are so very friendly, down to earth, professional, and lovely!! Their willingness to help and make sure everything went smoothly the whole day was nothing short of incredible. It was like making new friends, ones who are rooting for you on your wedding day and ones you can trust to be reliable and be by your side. We are so very grateful for having met them and we highly recommend them to everyone!! Thank you Simmone and Frank!!

Sarah and Howard
    (and Sarah's mom Candice)
    Nov. 4th, 2017, Cloisters Castle

Sent on 03/31/2018

Friendly Entertainment's reply:

Your wedding was awesome! Thank you for trusting us both to be such big parts of your wedding day. We wish you both a lifetime of love!

Katlin · Married on 10/28/2017

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Frank did an amazing job making sure our special day ran smoothly. He announced everything to the guest so they knew what was happening next. He also checked in with my husband and I throughout the night to see if we were okay. I highly recommend friendly entertainment. Y'all are the best!!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Friendly Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Mrs. Swank! Everything was beautiful and we appreciate your nice review.