323 Reviews for Friendly Entertainment

Do-Not-Play List (41)
One Event Per Day (31)
Liability Insurance (9)
323 Friendly Entertainment Reviews

Frank is an amazing DJ and I would highly recommend him to anyone. We loved him as soon as we met up with him to go over all the wedding details. It was amazing how much stress was relieved that day, as he helped with the timeline and the small details we didn’t think of. He made everything so easy and helped make our wedding day amazing. I asked him to create a mix of songs for my father daughter dance and he got it back to me the very next day. He worked great with my coordinator and they made the day run smoothly. He kept the crowd on the dance floor and we had a blast! He even managed to get some amazing pictures of us. My brother and his fiancé are having Frank as the DJ for their wedding in August and I can’t wait to see how great he makes their day.

Profile Picture Jenna, 5/12/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Frank & Simone are amazing! If you are getting married in or around Baltimore, look no further.

They were recommended to us by our venue and we once we'd compared prices, we didn't talk to anyone else. They have an amazing list of local venues they've worked and tell you up front how much things cost and all the service and expertise you get for your money.

Plus they're wonderful to work with and so flexible. We were able to do a Skype call as a get-to-know-you before we signed the contract. Then my husband and I focused on the music we loved (instead a "don't play" list) and built our ideal timeline for the event. When we met face-to-face about two months before the big day, we were able to really work out all the kinks. And he'd worked our venue so he knew all the quirks about how the space works and how long it takes to get up the aisle and where to position his equipment. It was a whole list of things that I didn't have to worry about.

At the wedding itself, Frank was a pillar of stability, knowing when each part of the event was supposed to take place and keeping tabs on wandering wedding party members. He had everybody dancing and all our guests have been asking for the playlist.

Profile Picture Cat, 4/22/18, 1 Review
4.3

Frank was great to work with! He had everything organized, an amazing online system for keeping track of our music choices, and was even able to loop the beginning of one of our songs as requested. It was a bit of a hike for us from Baltimore city to get out to meet with him, but both in person meetings we had with him were well worth the time, and he was incredibly responsive by phone as well. Our guests kept telling us how much they loved the music choices not just on the dance floor (which they loved!) but during dinner and the cocktail hour as well.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 3/24/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Frank was absolutely amazing! He was recommended by a family friend and I’m so happy he was available! Truly made my reception the best party I could ever wish for! Thank you so much Frank!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 3/10/18, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

I have been remiss in not posting a review earlier because Frank Marsden was one of our favorite vendors of our daughters lovely wedding. The wedding was New Year's Eve 2017 and every interaction we had with Frank was wonderful. He understood that Jennifer wanted to get the "wedding necessities" over early in the night and then it to be just a big NYE party for our family and friends. He was a fabulous MC who moved the night along seamlessly. My daughter and my husband had a fun surprise dance planned for the father daughter dance and Frank helped her compile the bits of 3 or 4 songs into something that sounded like it was meant to be for that special night. We "met" with Frank over facetime twice before the wedding and he put into action every wish that my daughter had regarding the music for the wedding. He listented to the types of music she wanted played and more importantly they types that she did NOT want played. His lovely wife came along to assist the night of. Thank you to you both we would recommend you to our friends every time!

Profile Picture Jane, 12/31/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We could not have had a better experience with Frank and Simmone!! From day one, they were quick to respond to my e-mails and answered all of my questions! Their interactive website and music library helped so much in planning and they were able to offer great choices when we weren't sure of what song to go with! Frank helped make announcements for photos at our wedding which was a great help in moving things along efficiently so we could get to the party! He was awesome at reading the crowd and knew exactly what music to play!! We were so happy with how smoothly everything went and could not rave enough about Frank!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

We had a great time working with Frank and Simmone over the course of our wedding planning process, and an even better time at our event at the Baltimore Museum of Art. Chatting with Frank about the broad strokes of our music preferences well ahead of time gave us confidence that he understood what we were hoping to get out of the night, and that his contributions as DJ and MC for the night would help things go off without a hitch. They even gave us some excellent suggestions that we ended up using for our processional / recessional music! As we got closer and all the timelines / logistics fell into place, we knew we were in good hands, as they were ready to answer any questions we had and gave valuable input for some of the sequence of events over the course of the evening. On the day of the wedding, Frank was a consummate professional and adeptly read the room to make sure the next song on deck was a perfect fit every time. In addition, he maintained a personal feel that made all of our friends and family recognize the music being played as characteristically "us" throughout the night. This was especially great because we had mainly provided Frank with some themes, artists, and songs that we liked. His excellent read of our preferences combined with his experience as a DJ to make the perfect playlist really made the night fly by! Thanks Frank and Simmone!

Profile Picture Pam, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Dennis was amazing! He was not only an amazing dj but he kept our whole day running smoothly. He had multiple setup location both in and outdoors and kept the day flowing seamlessly. He checked in with us and gave us heads up to cake cutting and other details that were coming up.

Profile Picture Ashley, 11/4/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

Frank and Simmone made our wedding day dreams come true!! We truly lucked out when we found them because they had a lot in common with us and we knew from the start that they would be the perfect fit for our day! Simone worked with us as our day of coordinator and officiant, and was so wonderful when it came to understanding our unique ideas for our wedding ceremony! And Frank did an amazing job of finding everything on our play list (we had some obscure songs too- including a special version of a David bowie song for our ceremony). There were a lot of things that we wanted done different from most traditional weddings and rather than hearing "no" which we were expecting to hear from a lot of vendors, Simone and Frank always met us with a "yes, why not?!" Their positive attitude and willingness to go above and beyond to make our day special and unique to us truly made a difference in having our vision come to fruition. We really don't know what we would have done without them! Speaking of above and beyond, they even stepped in to help with the set up of some of the last minute decor that our floral company failed to do on time, basically saving the day and going out of their way to help us remain calm in a situation that could have otherwise been pretty stressful. They are so very friendly, down to earth, professional, and lovely!! Their willingness to help and make sure everything went smoothly the whole day was nothing short of incredible. It was like making new friends, ones who are rooting for you on your wedding day and ones you can trust to be reliable and be by your side. We are so very grateful for having met them and we highly recommend them to everyone!! Thank you Simmone and Frank!!

Sarah and Howard
(and Sarah's mom Candice)
Nov. 4th, 2017, Cloisters Castle

Profile Picture Sarah, 11/4/17, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Frank did an amazing job making sure our special day ran smoothly. He announced everything to the guest so they knew what was happening next. He also checked in with my husband and I throughout the night to see if we were okay. I highly recommend friendly entertainment. Y'all are the best!!

Profile Picture Katlin, 10/28/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Do-Not-Play List, One Event Per Day, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Frank & Simmone did an amazing job with our wedding! Simmone made me beautiful & Frank had us dancing all night long!!!

Profile Picture Jamie, 10/8/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, DJ, Officiant, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Frank and Simmone are AMAZING to work with from start to finish. The ease of being able to create the playlists and schedule of events online is so helpful. Frank was great being a mini coordinator and making sure the night went smooth. SO many of our guests told me how amazing he was! He made the night so great and played off the crowd so well. We went from 90s dance off to dueling bangos at the end of the night. You will absolutely regret going anywhere else!!! Thanks Frank and Simmone!!!

Profile Picture Emily, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, MC

I think one of my best decisions involving the planning of my wedding was choosing Frank as our DJ and Simmone as our officiant and hair dresser. They both made having a good time effortless and everyone kept complimenting me on how great the music was. Frank and Simmone are such awesome people. I made two new friends and I'm so grateful!

Profile Picture Selena, 9/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, DJ
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Consultation, MC

Frank was amazing to work with for our wedding from the beginning all the way till the day of our event.It was very easy to add every song we wanted him to try and play and he played almost every song we wanted to hear. Even after our wedding was over he kept playing songs because the crowd was cheering him on. I highly recommend frank for anyone's weddding.

Profile Picture Justin, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Frank was absolutely amazing! He was so easy going and worked to what you wanted. He'd ask before if we were ready to do things. If we weren't we didn't if we were we'd do them! We weren't picky on music and left it up to him except for our first dance and a few other dances and we couldn't be more glad that we did! He was fantastic and kept the party going! We couldn't be more happy with friendly entertainment and how perfect they helped make our day!

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

You need Frank. Seriously. You've made it to these reviews so you're done shopping for DJs now. You've found him - he's right here! The professionalism, personality, and genuine love for what he does will carry your party from just being "good" to guests asking you for Frank's contact info clear after your event. Frank (and his lovely other half, Simmone) came into our lives as "the wedding DJ" and quickly developed into the beginnings of a genuine, long friendship.

Profile Picture Tracy, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Frank Marsden is an exceptional DJ! We also chose his wife as our officiant and the two of them together brought a synergy to our wedding that we would not otherwise have had. Frank did a super job of reading the guests and playing music that was enjoyable, and he included many of our own personal requests. He was very easy to work with, and partnered well with all of our vendors. He and his wife worked as a great team to make sure that our wedding was a lovely and memorable event, and we highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Karen, 9/2/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ, Officiant

Friendly entertainment, especially Frank, was absolutely amazing. He is the reason my wedding went so smoothly and people had a blast! The dance floor was always full. We had so many compliments from our guests. If you want your wedding to be fun, you must book them!!!!!! Additionally he was flexible and easy to work with, which made the planning process stress free!

Profile Picture Alaina, 8/19/17, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

My husband and I were so pleased with our experience working with Frank. From the first contact to the end of our reception, Frank went above and beyond to help us to create the wedding event of our dreams. With his interactive website options and his willingness to meet face-to-face, Frank made sure our ceremony and reception were a great reflection of our musical preferences. Frank did a wonderful job helping our night flow smoothly by communicating with our guests about what events were upcoming. I cannot say enough how much we enjoyed working with Frank and how many amazing reviews from family and friends we have gotten about our music. Thanks Frank :)

Profile Picture Jennifer, 8/4/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Dj Frank was amazing! He knew exactly how to keep the crowd dancing and that is exactly what we wanted! Very professional and great to work with. He helped us create the PERFECT night! I would highly recommend friendly entertainment!

Profile Picture Lauren , 7/21/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System

We loved having frank at our wedding!
We let him have the freedom to pick a lot of the songs, we couldn't of asked for a better DJ. Frank we would have you again at any event.

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/7/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Consultation, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Frank was so helpful throughout our entire planning process and he was quick to respond to emails and was flexible with our time changes. Frank spent time talking us through the entire night. He offered his expertise to make the evening flow while making it our own.

Profile Picture Samuel , 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Frank is the BEST! He has been doing this for a long time, and absolutely knows how to be a great MC and DJ.

Immediately after booking, Frank provides an online worksheet which helps organize your event, and makes sure you don't miss any important aspects. Once you've completed the worksheet to your liking, you can meet in person, via FaceTime, or on the phone to discuss the details of the event, and any special requests you may have. Have a strange or off-beat idea? He'll do what he can to make it happen.

Frank was SUPER flexible and accommodating. I really can't say enough good things about him and his company. He's got it all figured out, has seen it all before, and knows how to read a crowd to kick a party off, keep it rolling strong, and wind it down with finesse and class. Have a few guests who love to request awful songs? No problem. Have a need for a main music area, as well as a PA system in another area? Got it! Have a special script you want read during the intro of a song before you and your spouse are introduced, that needs to be perfectly timed to the music? No sweat. Need him to cut a song short? Just shoot him a look and he'll handle it accordingly. Super smooth, seamless and amazing.

Don't bother shopping around. Frank is your guy-- hands down. Thank you again for making our reception so awesome!

B&D Mohr

Profile Picture Brad, 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Amazing experience. I got married in June 2017 and the owner, Frank, was already booked for the night we got married, but his associate Dennis did an absolutely awesome job! They are very responsive via email (which is very much appreciated!!) and they had a very easy to use online portal to create a playlist/requests. The music Dennis played was perfect. It had people on the dance floor all night, and it had a good range that allowed all ages to have a great time. Dennis also did a great job as an MC. He even checked in with me and my bridal party to make the night exactly what we'd like it to be. Great work!

Profile Picture User6748746, Recently Married, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ
Services Used: Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System

DJ Frank is amazing. Our day was perfect and we couldn't have chosen anyone better. The music was amazing and we danced all night long. When looking for a DJ , look no further because Friendly Entertainment is the absolute best.

Profile Picture Tori, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews