Father Jim Hushek Reviews

Father Jim Hushek 7
  • BabsandBear

Nicole · Married on 10/01/2018

A Great Personal Touch

When me and my now husband were looking for an officiant it was very difficult to find someone to bring that traditional catholic vibe to our reception. Because we are of two different faiths getting married in my church would've been a lot more difficult. It was like God answered my prayers when I found Fr. Jim. He was the exact kind of officiant we needed to bring that traditional vibe mixed in with modern.
    Father Jim was extremely nice and patient. We enjoyed working with him and his sense of humor. He has a lot of ideas and experience in the field and we were lucky enough to work with such professionalism.
    A lot of our guests gave compliments on his sense of humor and his service. Would recommend to anyone.

Jackie · Married on 03/31/2018

Our wedding wouldn't of been the same without Father Jim. He did a great job and guests were complementing him after our ceremony!

Diane · Married on 11/25/2017

Father Jim was very easy going and makes you feel comfortable right away! Our ceremony was great, we were able to incorporate some Catholic stuff and also some Spanish readings for my family to read. He is patient and helps you bring your ideas to life. All my guest really liked the ceremony! We are very grateful.

Meghan · Married on 11/12/2017

Fr. Jim Hushek was so awesome and accommodating with everything for our ceremony! He provided great advice and guidance to us and helped with with designing the ceremony to include personal touches that were important to us! Also, Fr. Jim was such a kind and sweet person to work with! We just loved his kind thoughts that he shared throughout the ceremony! We highly recommend Fr. Jim to officiate your wedding ceremony! We couldn't have asked for a better fit for our family and our ceremony! Thank you so much for everything!!

• I

Irma · Married on 10/13/2017

We not only wanted a spiritual wedding but also one that was memorable and we received more than we asked for having Father Jim Hushek officiate. We wanted to incorporate our 16 year old son into our ceremony and Father Jim made suggestions on when we could include him and this part of the ceremony being one of the more important parts was far more special than we could have expected. Father Jim made the ceremony a day to remember through his words, his sense of humor and his kind heart. He is willing to listen to any suggestions and is professional. There are not enough nice or kind words to say about Father Jim, he definitely took the time to make our ceremony far more than we could have imagined. He is not only a great officiant but he is also a great person! We would highly recommend him and we are happy that our lives crossed paths. A thank you simply just isn't enough.

Father Jim Hushek 8
    Father Jim Hushek 9
    Father Jim Hushek 10

Cat · Married on 10/07/2017

Father Jim made our wedding ceremony perfect. We couldn't have asked for a better individual to marry us. From our very first telephone call to our last thank you, Father Jim went above and beyond to help us in our new life together. The ceremony, with a catholic inclusiveness, was sweet and full of warmth. It was our favorite part of the day by far! We feel very fortunate to have had Father Jim officiate. He provided sample ceremony scripts, making suggestions where some were needed, and listened with grace at our preferences and ideas. Thank you so much, Jim, for helping us and joining us in matrimony. I waited a long time to get married, and I couldn't have envisioned a better wedding than the one i just had!

Roxanna · Married on 09/02/2017

Father Jim was great!
    He was very kind and responsive both before and on our wedding day. Despite the fact that he has officiated hundreds of weddings, I feel that he focuses his energy on making each wedding ceremony special.

Erin · Married on 07/03/2017

Our daughter and her fiancé decided to have a last-minute wedding, which made planning and organizing very challenging. Our background is Lutheran and Catholic and we were hoping for a traditional priest or pastor, which isn't an easy feat with a last-minute wedding-- and many of those available were a bit "new-age" for us. We contacted Father Jim, who would be on vacation the week prior to the wedding, and he was very responsive- even while on vacation. He took the time during his vacation to speak to our daughter and her fiancé, and answered several emails. He was able to provide a few samples for the ceremony that would allow one to choose a more traditional ceremony or a contemporary ceremony which was very nice. He arrived at the ceremony exactly when he said he would and brought a level of eloquence, leadership, and professionalism that was sorely needed with a last-minute wedding (approximately 7-10 days for planning). He was able to make suggestions and last-minute modifications that allowed for a beautiful and intimate ceremony. We are incredibly grateful that he was able to officiate, and would highly recommend him to anyone.

Lindsey · Married on 03/17/2017

Father Jim was absolutely amazing. He performed our ceremony on 3/17/17. We met with him several months ahead of time and had multiple email communications. Our ceremony was beautiful and perfect. Our guests loved him, too. We had several people comment on what a great job he did and asked where we found him. I would recommend Father Jim to every bride.

Angela · Married on 10/17/2016

Father Jim was a blessing! We were unable to meet Father Jim in person prior to the ceremony (because we were a destination wedding). We spoke on the phone and emailed a few times, and he was still able to make the ceremony personal and special to us. We chose Father Jim because he was able to incorporate our Catholic beliefs into the ceremony. My husband and I and our families were so pleased with how lovely the ceremony was. We had a small group and he was able to incorporate all of our guests into the ceremony. He also allowed us to tailor the ceremony to us. We had an Apache Blessing read before the Lords Prayer. It was great how we could really make the ceremony represent us. Father Jim does offer ceremonies that are not Catholic or religious so even if you are not Catholic I highly recommend considering him for your wedding. He was professional before and at the wedding. He was prompt on returning emails, phone calls, and text. I highly recommend Father Jim as an officiant for your special day.

Katie · Married on 05/28/2016

We are so happy we found Father Jim to officiate our wedding. We were looking for someone that could help incorporate Catholic elements into our outdoor ceremony for my husband's side of the family. He met with us a few times before the the big day to get to know us a little and help us plan out our ceremony. Everything turned out great. We received compliments from our guests on what a great job he did.
    Thank you Father Jim for your amazing service. You helped make our day memorable!

Father Jim Hushek 11
    Father Jim Hushek 12
    Father Jim Hushek 13

Trish · Married on 04/24/2016

Fr. Jim Hushek made our wedding day exactly perfect! He added just the right touch- from the processional, through the ceremony, and then the triumphant recessional! As it was our second wedding, he was exactly what we were looking for in an officiant- loved his manner, his garb, his touching words, and his caring ways.
    Fr. Jim was the answer to our prayers...Thank you Fr. Jim!

We couldn't be more grateful for Father Jim. He genuinely cares about his clients and he was so happy to marry us. We wanted our ceremony to go a certain way and he made it happen. The ceremony was beautiful and was a perfect representation of us. Our guests complimented Father Jim through out the entire reception. We will always remember Father Jim and our ceremony- it was truly a special day.

Phillip · Married on 11/14/2015

Father Jim was incredible. He was friendly and very easy to work with. He allowed us to personalize every part of the ceremony that we wanted to. He came to our first meeting with so much knowledge and information for us it was very helpful to select him as our officiant. On the day of the wedding he was there early and was a calming voice in all the chaos of a wedding. He did an amazing job during the ceremony, he made our guest, smile, cry, laugh and cheer... our ceremony was perfect.

Kay · Married on 11/01/2015

Fr Jim did an excellent job making sure we were comfortable before and during the ceremony. He was willing to meet prior to the ceremony to get to know us a little better and calm our nerves prior to our wedding. It was truly a special day. I would highly recommend Fr Jim.

Ashley · Married on 10/24/2015

Father Jim was AMAZING. My family is very Catholic, and my husband really wanted an outdoor wedding. I struggled with how to make these two things happen. Father Jim meshed the two perfectly. We met a year in advance and he took excellent notes. We communicated via email over the next year. He gave us a variety of ceremony options to build our ceremony off of which tremendously helped! I emailed the drafts to him and he added multiple great ideas to help bring a little more personality and uniqueness to the day. Our guests raved about his ceremony and he honestly far surpassed our expectations. He did such an excellent job that my sister and her fiance have already booked him for their Fall 2016 wedding!

Jenna and Albert · Married on 04/11/2015

Father Jim was very sweet to me and my groom. He was very sensitive to our needs and wants for our wedding ceremony. He even helped us to add in a special part for my daughter.

Jessica · Married on 02/23/2015

Fr. Jim was absolutely wonderful to work with and gave us the ceremony we wanted. He's such a kind, caring officiant who in only a couple of meetings takes the time to know and understand who he is working with so the ceremony felt as if we'd known him for some time. Thank you Fr. Jim!!

• Lauren

Lauren · Married on 02/16/2015

An awesome experience! Father Jim is very efficient, easy going, and did an incredible job during our ceremony. 100% recommend!

denise · Married on 09/27/2014

Loved Carol, made me feel very comfortable with her. Great personality...funny!

Carol · Married on 05/07/2014

I am a divorced Catholic who has sought an annulment but I have not yet heard after nearly two years. I am 72 years old and feel that I cannot wait forever. Father Jim was wonderful. He made himself available on my time line and his service was very prayerful and met both my needs as a Catholic and my husband's needs as
    a protestant. We would both highly recommend him to anyone.

Heather · Married on 05/26/2013

Father Jim was absolutely amazing. My review is a little delayed, he actually married us 5 years ago! He was patient and guided us though the entire process leading into and during the wedding weekend. If we were to do it all over again, Father Jim would still be our choice. Thank you Father Jim!

Father Jim Hushek 14
    Father Jim Hushek 15

michelle · Married on 03/23/2013

Father Jim was amazing! I am so glad that we choose him for our wedding! I would highly recommend him!!!!

Sheena · Married on 03/09/2013

Father Jim was wonderful to work with. My husband and I could not have asked for a better person to marry us. He listened to everything that we wanted out of our ceremony and it turned out perfect. He was always there to answer any questions we had and provided us with great advice when we needed some guidance.