Fab! Weddings Reviews

37 Reviews for Fab! Weddings

• Be Myren

Brittney · Married on 04/20/2019

Awesome team

What can I say other than our wedding was the wedding of our dreams, if not better. It’s all thanks to this gorgeous venue and the amazing staff! The entire process of working with Glenhaven and Fab Weddings was a breeze from the beginning to the end. Everyone told me that wedding planning was really stressful and a lot of work, but this team made it so easy for me. Every one of the vendors was professional, responded quickly, followed up without prompting, and super friendly! So many of our guests commented on how beautiful the venue was and said it was the most fun wedding they had ever been to! We were lucky to get a nice 75 degree and sunny day in April, so we were able to get married outside in the garden. The ceremony was gorgeous and the garden is the perfect back drop for pictures. Our officiant Matt Iverson was perfect for me and my husband. He was funny and light hearted. The event coordinator Christine Corning did great at keeping us on track, so we didn’t have to worry about it. The entire day ran like clockwork! That was probably the best part for me. Another huge plus is that we didn’t have to set up or take down anything. We were able to just step back and relax and enjoy the day. Our DJ Steve Macke was amazing! He really felt the room and kept the dance floor filled all night. Food was delicious and the cake from Sweet Kneads in Farmington was fantastic. Karen Zinger did our decorations and they were better than I could have ever dreamed. She got every detail right and I received so many compliments! Our flowers from Rosemount floral were beautiful. I don’t know much about flowers, but Michelle helped me pick perfect ones. They were delivered in the morning and they lasted all day! I loved how they turned out. Our photographer Joan Brochman and videographer Dan Riggs worked so well with my giant bridal party and made it really fun. I could go on and on about how wonderful it was. Working with the owner, George Maverick, and his entire team really made our wedding the best day ever.

Sent on 05/15/2019

Davi · Married on 08/13/2016

What an amazing experience. Rev. Maverick was unbelievably fun and entertaining. Truly engaging and never once made a mistake with the service we wrote (not just the vows) ourselves at the last minute. We used Cindy as our photographer and although we have't seen the pictures just yet, I have high hopes as she treated the whole affair as if she was personally invested. Everyone on the team we worked with was so friendly and helpful. Cindyrella's Garden was absolutely beautiful with a clear view of a cute pond for an even more stunning backdrop. We picked out our invitations, flowers, cake, food and decor with near ease using a team of overly knowledgeable people who not only took our circumstances seriously, but provided professional opinions to help us make the best decisions. DJ Bill made the dinner and dance a little more special by allowing us to pick out music to fit the atmosphere we were hoping to achieve. We never had to worry about how the cake or flower deliveries were going to be handled and at the end of the night our only responsibility was to make certain we had collected the gifts and the personal pieces (the guest book for example) we had added. All of the clean up was handled by a crew and we didn't have to give anything a second thought. They recently built a new venue that is beautiful and can hold larger events but for the 200 people or less, Rosehenge was perfect. Both venues are wired just for events like these and as we all know, the details make the difference. Because the sound system is wired throughout, even the tables in the back could hear without straining. Party lights and a fog machine really bring out the party animals in us all and some of us need all of the encouragement we can get. Do not underestimate this company. They take the worry out of the worst part of the planning stages and bring out your personality to make your day be that much more special.

Sent on 08/26/2016

Kate · Married on 08/15/2015

Fab Weddings was incredibly awesome to work with. They made booking an officiant easy and we felt incredibly relaxed and stress free working with them. The Vow Master has to be the greatest tool on earth. We knew exactly what our ceremony was going to look like and were able to customize it to fit us. Our guests had a great time and LOVED our ceremony. Huge thank you to Rev. Maverick and Rev. Hamer for making our day great!!

Sent on 08/30/2015

We worked with a wonderful photographer, Mona, from Fab Weddings. She was easy to schedule with and very professional. The cost was affordable and would definitely recommend if you are trying to find a more affordable photographer.

Sent on 12/20/2014
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/20/2014

Heather, of the floral team at Fab Weddings, was fantastic. She heard me out via e-mail (my communication preference) endlessly until I finally made up my mind and my flowers were GORGEOUS. I'm not sure if this is common knowledge that I didn't have I just would have wanted to know that the boutonniere's would open up during the day (maybe it's weather dependent?).

George Maverick is a saint. We started working with him directly as we didn't feel a connection with the primary Fab Weddings salesperson and he truly made our day amazing. After communicating with him for a few months regarding our reception we asked him to be our officiant and he was a perfect choice! He was smooth, professional AND fun, plus he made sure we knew exactly what we were doing from walking down the "aisle" to our exit. For the reception, we frequently e-mailed and eventually had a meeting with George for some final wedding planning and overstayed our appointment time by an hour and he never blinked an eye. When, at one point, I became a little stressed with preparation as we got closer to the wedding he called and asked if we wanted to meet with him and go over the details again. Very accommodating and reassuring... and very patient with me!

Our reception at Rosehenge Hall was AMAZING. It looked beautiful (and it was setup exactly how I envisioned it thanks to Tameka and her crew!) and our guests were impressed. Any minor bumps we ran into during the night were quickly made up for and we just had the best time. Not to mention - we couldn't beat the package and it's price tag.

Photobooth - a guest favorite! Our only glitch was that it ran out of toner a few hours into the night and it seems that the replenishment process was not properly explained to all attendants at the hall so it took a while to get back up and running. Still, our guests loved it and had a blast! I do wish we could have personalized our photo strips a little bit more - but awesome nonetheless.

Sent on 10/05/2014

Angie · Married on 09/13/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Fab Weddings - our wedding was perfect!! Maureen was wonderful to work with on the back-end planning prior to the wedding. She took the time to conduct several tours of the venues for my husband and I - and then for me, my mom, and 2 personal assistants. George was amazing - he was professional, warm, fun, and very on top of every detail - he made the experience a true joy. The venues are gorgeous and I loved how the chapel could be held as a back-up to the garden in case of inclement weather the day of the wedding. Anytime I had a question during the year plus that I was in contact with Maureen & George, I received a quick response that was always helpful and conveyed that they truly cared about my wedding being exactly what I wanted. And it was!! The garden venue is gorgeous!! All of my guests commented on it. The cottage for the bridal party to get ready in was absolutely perfect and all of the spots on the grounds for photo ops were perfect. Tameka and Laura were wonderful to work with at the hall - making sure every detail of the reception was perfect - and again it was!! They also were caring and took the time to get to know us. Bill Young the dj was awesome and kept the party going!! Overall my husband and I were blown away by Fab Weddings. My family and I truly feel that George and the rest of the team are now lifelong friends who went above and beyond to make our wedding day special.

Sent on 10/09/2014

We had a wedding in Cindyrella's Garden, followed by cake and appetizers at the chapel. Everything was beautiful! The garden has lots of great spots for pictures, some good seating under trees for people to gather and chat before the ceremony starts, and of course the ceremony area is just gorgeous!

I was happily surprised at the decorations they added to the reception space. I knew they were providing table linens and sashes for the chair backs, in the colors we wanted - but when I walked in and saw the fishbowls with floating candles, some glitter floral strands, and that our table had glowing lights, I was thrilled! It was just right to add a nice look without going overboard.

The food was great, too. Gina from Farmington Bakery did a great job with our cake. I am not sure what company handled the appetizers, but their stuffed mushrooms especially are delicious, and everyone else must have thought so, too, since there were barely any leftovers! My mom loved the sparkling pear juice that they picked as well and wants to get some for her own parties.

All in all, I am so happy we went with Fab Weddings :)

Sent on 06/08/2014

Joan Brochman was my photographer and I must say she impressed me. She knew I was nervous about how much time we had to get all the shots in and she stepped up and took charge of all the scatterbrained people in my wedding party and we got all the shots before sunset. She was nice, funny and a joy to work with. I have not even seen the photos yet but I know they will be amazing! (If not, I will update my review Hahaha)

Reverand Strand was our officiant. He was nice, showed up on time and ready to go. My venue gave him a dead microphone so he had to yell the whole ceremony but he did great. His voice carries well! He also has a good sense of humor, and made the whole nervous event just splendid!

Fab Weddings as a whole has been wonderful to me through out the entire planning process. I planned my wedding in MN while living in Oregon and it was tough, but they were always there for my panicked calls to answer my questions kindly and patiently.

You guys played a huge role in my wedding, and truly made it fabulous! Thank you!

Desirae and Tim

Sent on 10/01/2013

These guys did an excellent job! I found them through Weddingwire and was a little apprehensive at first when I heard the name of the company on the website, budgetweddings.com. Soooo glad I took the time to browse their info and give them a call!
    We used Rev Schaal and he was so amazing. Our ceremony was absolutely perfect. We still have friends and family tell us how much they enjoyed it because he kept it light, personal and fun!
    I highly recommend this company for your wedding!

Sent on 01/21/2014

I refuse to skip reviewing this venue simply because it was everything we wanted/needed for our day. We wanted a true elopement with a simple ceremony and tons of pictures - something you can't get in a courthouse! Maureen (customer service) was always extremely quick to respond to any question I had via email (my first choice in contact!) and set everything up exactly how we wanted it. Danielle - there can't be enough good things said about her! She looked through my Pinterest album of photos I adored and put her own spin on them. I loved the way she took control to get things done, otherwise we would still be there trying to figure it out! Rev. Strand was so sweet; he read the script exactly how we wanted it - short, sweet, and to the point - and was very enthusiastic about it. Venue was beautiful, despite the late winter Minnesota weather (snow in late April!). Both my new groom and I left feeling completely fulfilled as our expectations had been reached and in some ways exceeded! We truly cannot thank them enough - so every where will hear from us how highly we recommend FAB Weddings! -Bri & Matt

Sent on 05/15/2013
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 10/27/2012

What can I say, the grounds are absolutely beautiful. Even in late October. They had pumpkins laid out which was very fitting for what we wanted. George did a great job officiating and everything went incredibly smooth.

Sent on 11/09/2012

Michelle · Married on 10/13/2012

We had Reverand Scully as our officiant on Saturday October 13th and he was awesome. All the email's I sent were answered in a very timely manner and everyone was always really nice. Their pricing is really good and fairly priced compared to some other companies. My only tip is to make sure to go over names before to make sure they are pronounced correctly. The website they use to create your ceremony is amazing, this is a awesome way to do this as we got to have it exactly how we wanted it!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Ria · Married on 09/23/2011

We had Cindy of Fab Weddings do our photos & couldn't be more happy! Out of 250 photos, not one is bad! Great service for an unbelievable price! I would recommend Fab Weddings, even if you're not on a budget.

Sent on 10/12/2011

Jenna · Married on 08/13/2011

We had Rev. Dave Schaal of Fab Weddings officiate our ceremony and he did a wonderful job. Our thanks to him sums up my review:

Dave and I really appreciated your officiating our wedding. The greatest thing that you did was to take the time to understand our relationship and our vision for a perfect wedding and marriage and then communicate this understanding to our guests during the ceremony. We feel that you spoke of everything that we had been hoping to show as important: including family and friends, creating the experience for everyone, crafting our lives as a piece of art. Your "words of wisdom" portion of the ceremony was one of our favorite moments of the day because the summary of the event was so in tune with what we had in mind preparing for that day. We also are extremely grateful for the joy and enthusiasm that you brought to our event - your joy filled face shows up in many of our pictures of the ceremony. We received so many compliments of "best ceremony ever" and this could not have happened without you. Thank you so much.

It was perfect!

Sent on 01/10/2012

Lila · Married on 07/30/2011

Rev. George Maverick officiated our ceremony at Cindyrella's Garden, and he was fantastic. We booked the ceremony in October for a July wedding and had no problems with communication throughout that time. Rev. Maverick and Maureen are extremely flexible, easy to work with, and fun! We loved our time spent at the garden!

Sent on 08/05/2011
  • Leora

Leora · Married on 07/10/2011

We were so thrilled to have Cindy Bai as our wedding photographer! We can't imagine the day without her!

Our day started with flawless group wedding photos. Cindy was perfect at maneuvering our family and friends for the photos - being firm and keeping the photos moving in a timely fashion, while keeping it fun and oh so special! She moved effortlessly during our ceremony & reception to capture hundreds of photos that will be special to us forever. Even though she had never done a Jewish wedding before, we let her know what guidepoints in the service to look for (breaking of the glass, etc), and she did a perfect job capturing all the important moments. The engagement photo session that came with our package at the Fab Weddings estate in Rosemount was really stunning as well.

I have recommended her to numerous friends, and will continue to do so! Thanks so much Cindy and Fab Weddings!

Sent on 03/18/2012

Kristin · Married on 06/24/2011

Our officiant was ontime and did a great job at our ceremony! He even helped us with writing our vows a few weeks before the wedding!

Sent on 07/12/2011

Melanie · Married on 11/06/2010

Reverend Maverick was great - we wanted a short, simple, laid-back ceremony which was exactly what we got!

Sent on 12/02/2010

Lisa · Married on 08/07/2010

George Maverick was an amazing officiant. Even though I didn't meet him until the day of the wedding, he seemed kept me very at ease. He walked us through the entire ceremony with no rehearsal at all. His calm demeanor kept the butterflies at bay.

Sent on 08/09/2010
  • Kathryn

Kathryn · Married on 06/19/2010

Perfect!!! That all that needs to be said...perfect price...perfect timing...perfect person....perfect ceremony! Awsome job! Love these guys. I would recomend them anytime. If you need more infomation, have Fab Weddings email me.

Sent on 08/09/2010

Jessamina · Married on 05/22/2010

Rev. George Maverick preformed our wedding ceremony and he was perfect for us! We wanted a non-religious ceremony with some humor mixed in and he brought just the right amount of thoughtfulness and sarcasm. The Fab Weddings website was extremely helpful in terms of putting together our ceremony and discussing it with Rev. Maverick. For half the cost of other officiants, I feel like we got the perfect ceremony experience that reflected our personalities.

Sent on 05/24/2010
  • jamerz

Jamie · Married on 09/12/2009

Reverand Maverick was the best! We emailed back and forth about what I had added in the readings for the wedding, but I twisted his arm and he agreed to ad-lib what I had suggested. At the wedding when he got to the parts that I had ad-libbed he was giggling before he said it which was priceless because that is the reaction that I wanted. The patrons at the ceremony enjoyed the lightheartedness of the ceremony.

Sent on 09/16/2009

Katt · Married on 05/16/2009

Rev. George Maverick was wonderful! He had a great website that helped us build our ceremony and he was even willing to go over it with us to make sure it was all that we wanted.

He had a great sense of humor and very easy to talk to. Rev. Maverick is great at taking charge when it is needed with out making it seem that he is even doing it. :)

Sent on 04/21/2012

Jenna · Married on 09/30/2007

Wonderful company with outstanding prices! Officiant was fabulous and photographer was amazing! Would recommend to anyone! :)

Sent on 10/30/2007

Steve and Diane · Married on 07/20/2013

We had a fabulous fun family wedding that was completely stress free!
    Guests liked that the chapel was nice, quaint, clean, decorated but not too formal. Your service was touching (and not too long). Families liked that they were allowed to have individual family photos. We had a great day. Steve and I loved the simplicity of it all - we didn't have to do anything but send a check and show up. Your staff were very helpful and answered all our questions.

It was a great day!

If anyone asks, I will highly recommend your chapel and packages.

Sent on 08/14/2013