Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

53 Reviews for Events by Peter's Wholesale Florist

User Photos
todo alt text
Delivery (4)
Set Up (4)
Clean Up (1)
53 Events by Peter's Wholesale Florist Reviews

3.0

If I had to rate my experience based on the time before the wedding and solely on my bouquet: I would give 5 stars. Leading up to the wedding Teddy was very nice and helpful, my bouquet was gorgeous. I would also like to mention that I am not one to post negative reviews, I like to give people a chance and deal with them directly; I have emailed Teddy twice and called him once with no response. Which is why I am writing this review in order to share my experience.

When I got to my reception and saw my centerpieces and table arrangements I was taken aback. They were smaller in size than the sample we had agreed on (and taken pictures of) which I paid extra for. I also had two arrangements per table (as I wanted) but the vases were two different styles/sizes. The arrangements were also all missing greens. All of which was indicated in my contract. At the end of the day, I was disappointed in the centerpieces as I felt it wasn’t what I paid for based on what was discussed and documented.

Profile Picture M, 6/16/18, 1 Review
0.5

"Dr.Jekyll and Mr.Hyde!!!!" We went to this place as we have done party rentals from his sister company, Peter's Party Fixings, and had no issues. But Peter's Wholesale Florist is owned and run by Teddy Gianokos, he is the equivalent of "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde" ....He is very nice to you until you sign the contract and then he does a 180 degree switch. He wants ALL the money upfront and gets rude and ugly if you want to hold some of the payment for after he provides the service. Big mistake to pay him in full, as he doesn't deliver what he promises. Charged us $350 to hang lights on a tree, and hung a string of lights on the bottom of the tree!! I could have done that for 10 bucks!! Then does the tulle (shown in picture) which covers only 2 posts instead of 4...when I complained, he came begrudgingly and just cut off the other side! SO SHABBY!!! He charged us $150 for candles and lanterns and didn't deliver them at all!! Try getting a refund...he will not give it back!!! The complaints go on and on...I don't ever post reviews, but had to this time. DO NOT USE THIS GUY!!!

Photo for Events by Peter's Wholesale Florist Review
Profile Picture Yamini, 9/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Peter was great. He helped my mom and I because as you can imagine we are new to this. He explained the type of flowers in our price range and I picked arrangements that I thought were pretty and I liked. He even is going to do the arrangement I had a picture of, AWESOME!!!

Profile Picture Tasha, 9/9/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Set Up, Delivery

Our wedding photos were absolutely beautiful! Everyone complimented on not only my bridal bouquet, but also the entire wedding party's florals, the centerpieces, and accent florals we used for the ceremony. Teddy was great to work with (and came highly recommended by a good friend). We will definitely be hiring Teddy for any other floral needs we'll have! We also decided (two weeks before the wedding) to rent some votives to add to our centerpieces, which were the perfect touch. Thanks again, Teddy!

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/9/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Set Up, Delivery

There are not enough words to describe what an AMAZING experience I had with Teddy and his team. I waited until the last minute to book my florist and was SO extremely lucky when I found Teddy. I met him 3 weeks before my wedding and he could not have been more accommodating and wonderful. He went above and beyond to make sure I got exactly what I wanted (and all within my budget - which was thousands of dollars less than what others had quoted me). The bouquets of white peonies were absolutely breathtaking, my centerpieces were stunning and the arch he created BY HAND just days before my wedding was the perfect final touch. Business aside, Teddy is a wonderful person who LOVES what he does and it definitely shows. My husband and I were so fond of Teddy that we invited him to swing by the wedding and HE DID! All around perfect experience.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
1.9

I book this florist despite reading about how pushing he can be to get his money. I gave this man almost 2000 deposit, 2 weeks before my weeding he stress the hell out of me for the remaining balance. I said to him, my wallet was stolen and my credit cards and my debit were compromise, more than 2000 was stolen so the bank cancelled my cards. This man show no understanding, he said he wanted his money. He called me many times then emailed me called my fiance many times. Mind you he has my deposit it's not like I am not going to pay you, I am just going through something right now the cards will be mail to be by tomorrow so I will pay u, he didn't want to wait for tomorrow. honestly base on his behavior I was waiting to be blown away by Teddy arrangement but I end up hating my sweetheart table flowers, you could barely tell that there were flowers on the table, that's how small it was. A few of the arrangement was missing crystals drop that I payed for. I honestly think that he over charge me for some stuff because he kept changing the price for the center pieces. Also the arrangement for the groomsmen were the worst, all the roses fell apart before the ceremony was even over. At the end he let me borrow 2 chairs and requested of me to give him 5 stars so he can win an award. I wonder if he did the same for other ppl who give him 5stars??. Anyway If you are ready to deal with florist stress on top of other stress that you have to go through during your Wedding process. Go ahead and hire him??

Profile Picture Michaelle, 10/28/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Great selection for all budgets and very accommodating to last minute add-on orders.

Profile Picture James, 1/16/16, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Set Up, Delivery

Peter's Wholesale Florist was recommended by a friend - and i couldn't have been more pleased with how everything turned out! We had a few last minute adjustments that i thought Teddy truly executed with no problem at all - and the ideas he came to the table with were extremely helpful in narrowing down ideas and styles!! Thank you so much for all of your hard work - the day of was flawless and our guests truly enjoyed the decor.

Profile Picture Amanda, 9/26/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Set Up, Clean Up, Delivery

Wedding flowers were fabulous and service on the day of the wedding could not have been better! The day was hot and sunny and the wedding was outdoors. Teddy and his staff held off setting up outdoor flowers until the last minute to keep them fresh and beautiful for the event. They also delivered bouquets early for the bride and bridesmaids for photos and gave instructions to keep them fresh for the ceremony. The flowers and the service exceeded our expectations! And the flowers were just beautiful. Bride knew what colors and what sort of flowers but had no clear opinion on how arrangements should look but Teddy and staff did an amazing job creating beautiful centerpieces and more!

Profile Picture M, 5/30/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I just used Teddy for my New Year’s Eve wedding. I met with Teddy 3 times over the course of planning my wedding and left very happy after each visit. The first visit was to discuss what I wanted done, the second was to see samples of the centerpieces/flowers and the third was to make changes to décor (4 days before the event. Teddy was nothing but accommodating and wonderful to work with. He was flexible on price and was able to keep us within our budget without sacrificing a thing! We even ended up renting a few things including a red carpet, overlays and an outdoor heater from his party rental business. On the day of the wedding, I was blown away by the work he and his team did. It was everything I wanted and then some. Everything was just as I had imagined it would be and we received many compliments from the guests on the beautiful décor!

I would recommend Teddy to anyone looking for a florist and would even use his services again if the occasion arose!

Thanks Teddy for the amazing job!

Amber and Mark Hinlicky

Profile Picture amber, 12/31/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Working with Teddy was great! We went to the shop twice, initially to discuss what we were looking for and then the second time was to actual see an mock up arrangement. Everything was GORGEOUS! From the bridesmaids bouquets to the centerpieces. The ceremony was a blur for me but I heard it looked absolutely beautiful. We had people wishing they won the centerpiece game so that they could have taken one home. I had a small double picture frame to be added to my bouquet, it was absolutely perfect when I saw it for the first time. I only had to show Teddy a few pictures of what I wanted and he nailed it. Thanks Teddy!!

Profile Picture User2878558, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Peter's Wholesale Florist did a wonderful job with my wedding flowers & decor.
The arrangements were absolutely stunning & I received many compliments from my guests.
Although, we had a minor hiccup on the day of, Teddy quickly responded and all was at ease.
I enjoyed working with Teddy and his staff & hope to work with him again for future events.

Thanks Teddy!

Profile Picture Veronica , 9/20/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor

Teddy did a great job on the flowers for my wedding. The colors were exactly what I wanted and they really stood out in the photos. I was very happy with the job and would recommend this business to any bride!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 9/13/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Teddy was so incredibly helpful. He was willing and flexible about reworking the bouquets at the last second. I was the happiest bride ever when the final product arrived. He took time to talk through ideas with me to be sure I got exactly what I wanted, which I went in unsure of. Our table arrangements were simple and stunning! We were so pleased with Teddy et. el.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 9/13/14, 5 Reviews
3.7

I would recommend Peter's because of the incredible value! Getting in touch with the shop is difficult. After several times failed trying to contact the business, I began to get worried. The flowers turned out very pretty and were delivered on time-- I wish there was better communication leading up to the day.

Profile Picture User4336225, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Flowers

I enjoyed my experience looking and listening to Teddy's advice on flowers for my wedding. He is very knowledgeable and will work with your concept. I loved the church flowers, they were way more than I expected, my bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquets were delightful.
The men's boutonniere's were sweet and small, my only surprise was the groom's flower as it was huge. I was disappointed the rose was not closed and more defined but as the groom is a tall man he carried it well and we all had a good laugh about it.
He works with your budget and offers good deals. You will be very happy going with Teddys

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/23/14, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

We were extremely happy with the flowers from Peter's Wholesale Florist. My husband and I don't know much about types of flowers, but Teddy had hundreds of pictures of different arrangements, so he made it very easy to pick and choose what we liked. For our ceremony he also brought a large arch decorated in beautiful vines and yellow roses -- we are still hearing compliments of how beautiful our ceremony decor looked. I would definitely recommend this company for flowers/decor needs for both ceremony and receptions.

Profile Picture Sasha, 8/2/14, 6 Reviews
4.7

Peter's Wholesale Florist did a great job-the flowers arrived on time, were beyond beautiful and lasted days after the wedding...Teddy was very accommodating and he exceeded our expectations. We highly recommend Teddy and Peter's.

Profile Picture User4515368, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Service was great!! Flowers were stunning!!!
Highly recommend them!!!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/21/14, 1 Review
1.3

First, let's start with the positive. As the bride, I was very pleased with my bouquet. Outside of my bouquet, I was extremely disappointed with my entire experience working with Peter's wholesale flowers. Teddy was extremely rude to my mother, demanding payment in a specific form and yelling at her when she misunderstood. That should have been our first red flag. I provided photos of the kind of small, pastel pink/coral centerpieces I envisioned in short vases - specifically stating that we didn't want anything tall because the view at the reception venue was so great. Instead we got tall, sparse arrangements with very dark, burnt orange colored flowers.

Boutinierres and corsages were nothing more than large, heavy rose blooms - nothing delicate or styled about them. The "decorative ribbon" used to wrap the stem was unraveling by mid-afternoon for both the men and the women's wristlets. I'd also provided photo reference for these pieces, which I wanted to be simple buds with some greenery. Definitely not what we received or what we wanted.

He did provide us a discount because we paid upfront and in cash, but I also feel like our arrangements reflected the discount and our input was completely disregarded. While I was disappointed to have been spending as much money as we did for a lackluster outcome, luckily everything else about our day was wonderful and I didn't have to look at the centerpieces during my reception. I would have rather paid more to another vendor to have been treated with more respect and professionalism than we received from Peter's Wholesale Flowers.

Profile Picture User4351944, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

Teddy was amazing thank you for being a part of my big day the flowers were great big and poofy bouquets I loved It !! I defiantly recommend him for your big day!!! That is if you want fresh flowers and the best looking ones thanks again for everything ted!

Take care,

Julie

Profile Picture User4546624, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

We worked with Teddy to pick out our flowers for our wedding in May. He was very helpful especially since our wedding was Mother's Day weekend! We met with him twice and everything came out as planned. He was great at listing out everything we needed.
Teddy was at the venue even before we were. The flowers were amazing and they look so nice in the pictures. My favorite of course was my bouquet but my guests were all fighting over who got to take the centerpieces home! Teddy made this a very easy process and did excellent work.

Profile Picture User4382211, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Teddy was amazing to work with!! He exceeded out expectations and produces beautiful work!!

Profile Picture User3020165, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers

The flowers at my wedding were beautifully done. Teddy listened and understood everything I wanted and did a great job. We had him drape my arbor with vines and flowers and our sweat heart table the same. Both came out perfect. My bouquet and my bridesmaids were so elegant and all the flowers were very fresh and full.

Profile Picture Paula, 9/15/13, 6 Reviews
0.0

The owner was very rude and pushy when I told him we decided to move on and work with someone else. I did not give him details but we personally decided to move on because we found someone who was inexpensive and was providing us the same exact things. He was very arrogant in his emails and stated that he knows he gave me a good deal and how impressed I was with his work and couldn't believe that I was not signing with him. I thanked him twice through email for his time and everything and he insisted learning what happened. I didn't feel I had to give him an explanation for choosing someone else and just didn't respond. I was taken back at his unprofessionalism and felt very uncomfortable. I hope no other bride has to deal with a vendor like this which is why im taking the time to write this review. There are plenty of other vendors that us brides have to deal w/ during this process and plenty of other decisions that we have to make that wont leave us broke. Another pushy vendor is not what I needed! If he was that arrogant now I could only imagine how unhappy I would have been working w/ him had I signed on!

Profile Picture User2821402, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)