Event du Jour Ltd Reviews

18 | Minneapolis, MN

18 Reviews for Event du Jour Ltd

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Jackie · Married on 09/17/2011

Valerie at Event Du Jour was absolutely wonderful to work with - I am lucky to have been introduced to her and would strongly recommend her services to anyone planning an important event.

As a person who frequently organizes corporate events for work, I was one of those brides who didn't think I would need any "help" on the day of the wedding. That couldn't have been further from the truth. It was Valerie's day-of presence that made it possible for me to actually enjoy my wedding day. She magically took care of several minor vendor issues that popped up - I didn't even know about them until the following day. She also had to make a few game-time decisions on our behalf due to the weather that I was very happy with.

Valerie also made it easy for me to plan my wedding from another city. She listened to what my husband and I wanted to for our reception and, because she knows absolutely everyone in the Twin Cities area, was instantly able to make vendor recommendations so that I didn't have to shop around for services. I never would have found our florist if it weren't for her.

Overall, I think the best part of working with Valerie at Event Du Jour was that I quickly trusted her - I trusted right from the start that she had my best interests in mind. She was always available to chat or email, so I also felt that she was committed to making my event great. I can't recommend her enough.

Sent on 10/13/2011

Joan · Married on 04/25/2010

Valerie of event du jour ltd was the best investment I made for our wedding. She is smart, responsible, personable and "shows up" in every way possible. As a result, I was simply the most relaxed, happy bride and did not worry about one thing all during the planning process and on my wedding day. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 05/13/2010

Samrith · Married on 10/31/2009

We met Valerie at the wedding fair a few years ago and really liked her. We told her a bit about our vision for our wedding and she really seemed interested in making it happen for us. I feel that it is extremely important for your planner to be excited for your wedding and have creative ideas on the spot, of which she did. Our wedding was very unique, we got married on Halloween (our favorite Holiday) and really wanted to make it a creepy & elegant affair. It was pulled off so well that our wedding even aired on television on the news that night.(http://www.kare11.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=827628) Overall hiring Valerie was the best investment we had in our wedding. She really made everything stress free for us. I could not have imagined handling all the little bumps that are unexpected. I didn't even know there were ANY at all until after our follow up meeting. Thanks Valerie

Sent on 01/02/2010

Megan · Married on 10/24/2009

Valerie was more then helpful in planning my husband and my wedding. In the end, we actually ended up saving more money because of Event Du Jour ltd then we spent for the wedding planning. I wouldn't try to plan a wedding without Valerie! She took care of everything including scheduling meetings, planning, coordinating our vendors and setting up day-of. I can't say enough about the great work that Event Du Jour does!

Sent on 12/04/2009
  • danigirl

Danielle · Married on 07/11/2009

I was so happy to have found Valerie/event du jour, she helped out so much. I could not have planned this well of a wedding. She was there whenever I called and had questions or problems.

Sent on 08/12/2009
  • Craig&Jeanna

Jeanna · Married on 03/28/2009

Valerie was terrific! We booked her for just a Day of Coordinator but she went way beyond that. We were planning from out of state and every time we came into town Valerie met with us and made sure she knew excactly what we wanted. She really took the stress out of all the planning. Her attention to detail and follow through were flawless. Our day would not have been the same with out her!

Sent on 08/10/2009

Katie · Married on 11/01/2008

Event ju Dour was incredible! Valerie did an out of this world job. Honestly, I don't know how I would have done any of this planning alone. She was so flexible, responsible, friendly and most of all great at planning! She kept us on track of what needed to be done and was there to help out the whole way through. Our wedding day was perfect, beautiful and memorable because of Valerie. We didn't worry about anything during our big day because we had so much confidence in Valerie that it would all turn out. The most important part for me and my husband is that we got to truly ENJOY our time of being engaged because we knew with having Valerie's help everything would be just fine. So many people lose sight in what is truly important when planning-they get so frusterated with details, but when you have Event de jour helping you can competely relax. Valerie became much more than our planner, she was a wonderful friend and we knew she wanted us to have the very best wedding. We would recommend her to everyone!!! We can't say enough great things!!

Sent on 11/14/2008

Jennie · Married on 10/25/2008

Valerie was awesome! She was always available via phone or email and when she couldn't be, was always prompt in getting back to me. I would recommend her to anyone. She knows a lot of people in the business and set me up with the company that ended up doing my chair covers and ceiling swagging and they were also wonderful. The peace of mind she brought to us was priceless. She took care of vendors and worked closely with me to keep me updated on what was going on with them. All of my vendors were pretty well organized but just knowing she was there to han out the checks and make sure they were on their timelines was well worth it. It was one less thing we had to worry about on our day. . .we could just enjoy our day knowing Valerie was there stopping any problems before they got to us!!!

Sent on 11/14/2008

Kelly · Married on 08/09/2008

Valerie from Event du Jour was wonderful to work with. She made the entire wedding planning process quick and easy. During the wedding planning my fiance was living out of state. Valerie planned all our appointments during his visits, so we could efficiently make decisions together as a couple. We really appreciate all her help!!

On the day of the wedding, Valerie smoothed out every little bump. She helped rearrange flowers when our florist short-changed us. She put out fires when a groomsman set his program on top of a candle. The entire day ran smoothly because of Valerie!

Sent on 09/22/2008

Sarah · Married on 12/15/2007

Event du Jour was amazing!!! They made our wedding day perfect. We worked with Valerie for 11 months prior to our wedding and she helped us through the entire planning process. She took care of all details with vendors the day of the wedding and prepared the reception site--which we loved. I would highly recommend them to any bride and groom who would like to have a stress free and enjoyable wedding.

Sent on 01/03/2008

Shelley · Married on 10/20/2007

It's funny looking back. I was sure I didn't need a wedding planner because I already knew what vendors I was using. Well, our world fell apart when the reception venue pulled the rug out from under us and we actually had to change the dates of the wedding. In comes Event du Jour, and Valerie!
    I truthfully can say over the past 12 months that my daughter's wedding would not have turned out as beautiful as it did without the help of Valerie. She made sure everything was perfect and it was. Her input made my daughter's day VERY special. Her expertise was exceptional from helping with the engagement party, addressing invitations to finding new transportation 3 weeks prior to the wedding as the company unexpectedly went out of businessl I was able to enjoy every minute of my daughter's day, as Valerie took care of every last detail. I would NEVER plan a wedding without Valerie. She's number one is my book!!

Dan · Married on 09/30/2006

We personally needed a wedding planner that would help: coordinated everything the day of our wedding, keep us on track to get married when we planned, keep us on budget, suggest vendors, plan aspects of the wedding, keep us sane and our stress levels low. Valerie, who owns, Event Du Jour did all of those things and much more. From the research I had done she was the most competitively priced planner for the level of service that we expected (which was very high), and she's a wonderful person on top of it all, which is critical being that you will spend a lot of time with your wedding planner. I would highly recommend Even Du Jour to any couple that needs either just a bit of help or their hand held through the whole process!

Tara · Married on 10/18/2008

Valerie and her team were the best part of our wedding day. She and her team literally took care of all the details-- all we had to do was show up and have fun. I received many compliments on the reception decor - all thanks to Valerie and team. From our first meeting/brain storming session to execution of the tiniest details- Event du jour was 5 stars.
    Valerie made our day unforgettable-- additionally she's been a champion for us with vendors that were less than 5 stars.
    Thank goodness for Valerie and Event du Jour-- I recommend Valerie and her team to all brides whether you're just starting your planning process or almost done- Valerie WILL make a difference in your life!

Sent on 10/29/2008

Myra · Married on 09/16/2011

3.0

This company is spectacular and everything went as planned. She seemed a little stressed on the day from feedback I heard but other than that I would totally hire her again if I had to do it all over again. I would not have known half the things I know now had it not been for her and she was worth every cent! I would have been very sorry had we not hired her and we were actually referred to her so that just goes to show how good she is.

Sent on 11/02/2011

Rachel · Married on 09/14/2007

As an indecisive bride, I especially appreciated Valerie's ability to hear what I wanted and bring my ideas to life. She was very responsive, always pleasant, and her connections in the industry saved me quite a bit of money. Thanks Valerie!

Amanda · Married on 08/22/2009

Valerie did a wonderful job helping us plan our wedding. Everything really came together on the wedding day and we couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 09/03/2009

Courtney · Married on 10/20/2007

3.0

I loved working with Valerie - she communicated with me constantly, was always available, friendly, professional and down to earth, etc. We hired her about 3 weeks before the wedding so she did a lot in a short period of time. Everything else seemed to go well overall so I am overall very happy!

Jill · Married on 08/08/2009

3.8
      3.5

Valerie went above and beyond what we expected when we hired a day-of-coordinator. She was very willing to participate in many more aspects of planning than just the day-of and even worked with our other vendors when the wedding date got closer.

Sent on 09/01/2009