Essentia Special Events Reviews

14 | Greenville, SC

14 Reviews for Essentia Special Events

Sheemean · Married on 08/27/2016

We used Essentia for both our wedding ceremony and reception. The venue is very nice, comfortable, and clean. If you book it a promise from me to you you will not be disappointed. Everything was lovely, decorations and setup were beautiful. Starlina and her mother Mrs. Evelyn are a great team to work with. I would recommend Essentia for your wedding needs as well as any dancing lessons you may need Starlina does dancing lessons as well. Thank you again to Starlina and Mrs. Lee for a job well done.
    Happily married ~Reco and Sheemean Earle~

Sent on 08/29/2016

J · Married on 07/23/2016

Awesome venue for my daughter's fifteen birthday. We had a blast at this great place. Service and professionalism were outstanding. Received some dance classes included in the price that were definitely worth it. And most important, my daughter loved it and will always have a font memory of our father-daughter dance that rocked the party.

Sent on 11/03/2017

Essentia Special Events's reply:

Thank you! I really enjoyed teaching your family to dance and helping you plan your Special Event!
    Starlina

Starlina was great to work with and the venue is elegant! The venue looks beautiful without any additional decorations, but there are a lot of options for customization. The built in sound system is a nice touch. Starlina is a top notch dance instructor if you want something special for your first dance. She taught us a custom dance routine that was not to difficult to learn and was big hit with our guests at the reception. Essentia Special Events is a great choice for a wedding reception in the Mauldin area.

Sent on 07/06/2016

Cloud · Married on 05/13/2016

My husband and I had our wedding & reception at Essentia Special Events in May. It was perfect! Starlina was super easy going and was open to anything we wanted. She really helped with planning our decor and made sure everything was to our liking. Great communication, great venue, and it's supporting local business. I highly recommend anyone having an event to consider utilizing this place. Thank you Starlina for setting up a gorgeous wedding and reception!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Jean · Married on 04/30/2016

We held our wedding ceremony and reception at Essentia in April and had around 150 guests. We were looking for an affordable venue with amenities, but couldn't find any we liked until we found Essentia. With the price, we also got dance lessons which were a BIG help for our 1st dance!
    Starlina was so helpful and professional before and during the wedding! She made the whole wedding planning process so much easier. Choosing this venue for my big day was the best decision I made.
    Essentia was absolutely perfect and I would recommend Essentia to ANYONE for ANY occasion. The staff is amazing, the atmosphere is wonderful, and the decor is breath-taking.

Sent on 05/04/2016

Kelli · event on 01/23/2016

Every part of my experience was excellent. From the kind welcoming entering into the facility, the willingness to accommodate the setup needs to hold the seminar, the easy access to the location and plenty of parking. I appreciated the recommendation I had not even thought of to make the seminar flow more smoothly. At the end of the seminar, each participant is given a feedback form to fill out before they leave. After reviewing all the comments I was very pleased to see Essentia Special Events received all excellence. This is why I have used them for several other business events. I very thankful for Starlina and her staff continued job well done.

Sent on 07/31/2016

Evie · Married on 10/09/2015

We had an absolutely beautiful Wedding at Essentia. The mgt and staff were exceptional and did an excellent job in creating my dream wedding. Their Ballrooms are beautiful and the draping decor with lights makes a wonderful ambience. Also very reasonable for all they offer. We really enjoyed taking the dance lessons for our Wedding Dance and we pulled it off! Great experience.

Sent on 11/11/2015

Bonnie · event on 04/23/2015

Essentia is a beautifully decorated, well-equipped venue for having a party. It has an excellent dance floor and a good sound system. Working with the knowledgable and professional owner made planning easy.

Sent on 05/13/2015

Susan · Married on 10/25/2014

The event was beautifully decorated. The people were very professional in their services and in explaining exactly what the details of the contract entailed. The price was very reasonable and the event owner was willing to allow me to break the cost up into payments which was a big help. This is a very spacious event. We had over 100 people and there was more than amble seating and tables that are included in the event rental which saved on cost as well as we were able to rent the table dressings from Essentia and they already had the tables dressed and ready when we arrived at the venue. My daughter's comments on the day was "it was more than she even dreamed it would be". Essentia helped make my daughter's wedding one of the best days of her life.

Sent on 10/30/2014

Evelyn · Married on 04/05/2014

My daughter's wedding was gorgeous! The staff at Essentia was wonderful with handling anything that came up. I had a lot of out of town guests and they were very helpful with recommendations for Hotels, catering, etc. Our guests were raving about how beautiful the venue is. Very reasonable pricing. The sound system and lighting features were great and saved us money.
    Definitely would recommend this place to anyone!

Sent on 04/24/2014

We had our ceremony and reception here and the venue worked perfect for our smaller wedding!

Sent on 10/05/2012

Brandai · Married on 04/17/2018

Quickly planned wedding

I came to essentia about a month before my ideal wedding date with nothing planned. Starlina helped me pull together the most wonderful, and beautiful wedding than I ever could've imagined coming up with on my own. My wedding day was truly special and so beautiful, i received so many compliments. We also had a wonderful first dance . We had no experience in any style of dance but with two 45 min lessons with starlina we nailed it! I can't thank her enough.

Sent on 04/25/2019

Essentia Special Events's reply:

Thank you! It was a pleasure planning your Wedding with you and teaching you your 1st Dance. Many blessings on your marriage!

3.0

They were okay. The lady kinda got an attitude with my grandmother & i didnt like that at all!

Sent on 04/25/2015

Essentia Special Events's reply:

It is never our intention to make anyone feel uncomfortable. And we sincerely apologize if we left an impression that wasn't positive. We cannot recall ever having a discussion with a grandmother regarding an event here. Emotions of family members can often run high on the day of a celebration and we try to accomodate everyone involved in the preparation. We truly enjoy the excitement of preparing for a joyous occasion at Essentia, and it is our wish that everyone who makes reservations with us will experience this.
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 07/02/2016

0.0

The only things that this vendor provided were the two dance lessons included with the wedding contract and the initial consultation! When trying to pay for this venue, we hit some snags financially since I was in between jobs. I would call at least a week in advance to let her know if a payment would be delayed. (This only occurred twice) Even with the notice Starlina was very rude and not flexible at all. We tried to let that go, and we did. We did notice that she only seemed concerned after we paid. She was not friendly at all until she was paid in full. Then we wanted more dance lessons to show off. We forked out for those lessons too! When we realized our budget was getting out of hand we tried to reason with her. Now full disclosure here, yes in the venue contract it says no refunds. But here is our problem with that. We just let her know yesterday about our change in plans because of budget. Our wedding was not even going to be until October 2016 and we booked her in August of 2015. Well over a year in advance and we cancelled well in advance as well. She did not even want to do a refund even on the dance lessons, which no contract was ever signed saying we could not get our money back. (We only did 3 out of 10 lessons) What seemed so outrageous is that anytime we tried to schedule lessons, she was ALWAYS BOOKED!!! I would get off work at 5pm but we had our dances at 7:30pm. Then every time we talked to her or other customers it seemed she always had some kind of event going on almost all week! So we knew she had plenty of time to fill the day with another event and fill our unused lesson days with other people. The thing about all of this is that we were not even asking for all of it back, at the very least we only wanted half back. Plus, the 2 times I met her mother she would be rude to her in front of me. Be family and do what you do, but be professional in front of customers, no speaking down to your mother!

Sent on 04/26/2016