Encore Entertainment Reviews

36 | Rocklin, CA

36 Reviews for Encore Entertainment

36 Encore Entertainment Reviews

Audrey · Married on 08/12/2016

We hired Encore Entertainment extremely last minute due to another DJ going MIA with two weeks until our wedding. This was devastating considering the DJ has such an imperative role in the wedding day.
    My (now) husband got in touch with Chris Terry and thankfully he had availability! More impressive - Chris picked up the phone on a Friday night to start our contract! We were so relieved!
    Chris and his team were extremely accommodating given our situation. They were very professional and polite. They were able to provide the exact songs/genre we wanted played at the ceremony and reception. The dance floor was packed the entire night, and the photo booth was a huge hit! They also provided uplighting which looked AMAZING.
    Encore Entertainment, and specifically Chris Terry, we could not thank you more for saving our wedding day! I'm actually happy about the turn of events, otherwise we may not have had such an amazing time! It was exactly as we had envisioned it Thank you !!!

We cannot say enough positive things about our experience with Encore Entertainment!!!! Chris Terry from Encore Entertainment was PHENOMENAL!!! Of all the activities that had to occur for our wedding day, music selections seemed the most tedious and he was able to provide suggestions and help point us in the direction we wanted. He worked with us despite our crazy schedule and did so remotely. He knew exactly how to keep the age diversity of the guests entertained and we've received nothing but positive feedback on him! He provided BEAUTIFUL up-lighting and just made our day that much more special. We were so pleased with Chris and his professionalism (even with inebriated guests pestering him for more songs, etc.), quality and absolute care for the Bride & Groom we'd be honored to have him host another event in our future! If you're looking for a DJ with excellent experience, quality, rapport with bride and groom and ability to work with the most challenging of guests, situations, etc. Chris Terry and Encore Entertainment is your crew! Thank you, Chris!!!

Ashlee · Married on 04/12/2014

Chris was the greatest DJ we could hope for! He was so helpful and really kept everything on track for us on our big day. The music was absolutely fantastic and he kept people on the dance floor the whole time! I really can't express how wonderful he was, he knew what he was doing and impressed my entire family and friends! I recommend Encore Entertainment to everyone who is looking for a serious professional DJ who knows what he is doing but also knows how to have fun and keep the crowd energized! He really does deserve a 6 out of 5, that's how good he is!

Maureen · Married on 10/12/2013

Chris was a fantastic Dj. He met with me several times before our wedding and went over everything in detail. He took the time to figure out exactly what I was going for with the type of music we wanted and the vibe I was wanting to achieve for my wedding. Our wedding went really smooth, and Chris was a huge part of why it went so well. I would highly recommend him, he did a great job!

Manila · Married on 09/07/2013

I got married on 09/07/13, and had a fairly large wedding with a guest list of 330 people. We interviewed a few DJs before we got to Chris Terry. Chris was amazing to work with. I was looking for someone who provided a high quality of service, who was responsive, was professional, someone who took pride and value their work, and someone who was flexible. Chris met all those criteria! That's why he was so easy to work with!!! When we were indecisive about lighting and decor, Chris helped us narrow down our options. He has a huge selection of lightings and gobo patterns that we could choose from. He was patience and really took the time to ensure we were able to achieve the look and feel that we wanted within our budge. He is someone who is very organized. I never had to remind him about what we last spoke about. Chris followed up with us and confirmed everything. He's also very easy to get a hold of. He always respond timely and will meet with us anytime we needed to meet.

On the day of the wedding, he was so professional, accommodating and flexible. I also had a live traditional band and he worked very well with them. The Sacramento Grand Ballroom is already beautiful, but with the lighting that Chris provided, it was magnificent! The lighting in the venue looked amazing in person and they photographed so well!! When you're planning a wedding and you're picking people to be a part of your very important team, you should pick someone who you can have an honest working relationship with. Chris went above and beyond our expectations. He was a pleasure to work with.

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/27/2012

Chris from Encore Entertainment was great! We met with Chris three times before the wedding, to prepare for the big day. We were able to create a do & do not play list for the reception. He also gave us a timeline ahead of time, and stuck to it! He kept the night going, and we had a blast!

We also had his uplighting and photo booth, both great! We created custom photo strips with our names and wedding color. They also provided a photo strip guest book!

• Marlee

Marlee · Married on 04/21/2012

This is the best DJ EVER! I was more than satisfied with Chris and his crew. In the last 5 years, I have been to more weddings than I can count and the quality of Encore surpassed all of the other wedding DJs combined. The lighting and the photo booth totally pulled the wedding all together. I completely recommend getting a photo booth, we had 20+ kids at our wedding and it made the night so much more fun for them. I 100% recommend Encore for DJ services and more!

Mike · Married on 03/17/2012

Chris and David are incredible!!! From the very beginning, they were great to work with and extremely prompt with any and all last minute changes that we had to make to the ceremony, the arrangements, everything!! The photo booth was excellent and got rave reviews, the lights and sound were perfect, and David basically blows any other DJ out of the water when it comes to the perfect mix of professionalism and being completely laid back; every couple minutes he checked on me and my bride to make sure there was absolutely nothing that we needed. I will be recommending Encore and DJ Alazawi (sorry if I'm totally destroying the spelling...) to anyone, anywhere, at any time, for any event. These guys are more than event coordinators, they're buddies. Every penny spent is worth it!!!

• I

Kevin · Married on 03/17/2012

He was a great DJ and worked well with us and our other vendors! He played all the music we requested as well as all the fan favorites. I would definetly recommend him and his company that provided our photo booth as well!!

Danny · Married on 08/14/2011

Weddings are boring....until Chris Terry (Encore Entertainment) DJs for your wedding. When Encore Entertainment is a part of your wedding day, your friends and family will NEVER cease talking about your day. The best part of having Encore Entertainment as your music/entertainment, it is NOT a set menu or template, so each occasion is set exactly the way you and your spouse envision for your special day. Encore Entertainment provided the wireless mics, sound system for our courtyard ceremony, classy background music for the hor dourves, intelligent lighting to change the ambiance and mood of the banquet hall, and the party atmosphere for the dance floor. The money you invest in Encore Entertainment is well worth it!! My husband and I decided to go big with the extra lighting fixtures and fabric columns--money that was well spent because the banquet hall was transformed from a family restaurant to a hopping nightclub. Even the restaurant owner complimented on Encore Entertainment because with as many weddings that her restaurant hosted, she has never seen the crowd get pumped up and dance the way that Encore Entertainment moved the audience to. If you are looking for a memorable entertainment company, look no further because Encore Entertainment will transform your special day and mold it to whatever you want--classy, upbeat, party rocking--one thing for sure, it will be memorable for everyone who attends especially you and your spouse.

Andrea · Married on 07/15/2011

Chris was absolutely amazing! He made our night more memorable, everything he did; the dj, lighting and photo booth was PERFECT. He far exceeded our expectations that day, he was very professional.
    The music was excellent, I don't remember once people went back to sit down. He kept all of us in the dance floor all night! We are so happy we made the right choice to go to encore entertainment. I highly recommend Chris Terry to any future brides looking for dj, lighting and photo booth. They have great packages and all of them are well worth it!

• Marisa

Marisa · Married on 06/18/2011

I am so happy that I was able to come to weddingwire and see all the great reviews about Encore, that is what led me to make my choice to use them. Chris ( and David who was our wedding day DJ ) were both responsive whenever I called or sent e-mails about meeting up. They both listened to what I had to say and wanted for our big day. I was never ever worried in the planning process. Now to the wedding day..... It couldn't have gone more perfect ( scheduale and flow wise ) and I credit alot of that to David. He showed up way early to set up our lighting made sure my husband and I came to see it before the reception and asked if we wanted anything changed. He also did the ceremony music which was flawless on the timing. After the ceremony he made sure to find us and ask if there way anything speacial we wanted at the last minute music wise and just him going out of his way to talk to us before everything got started was such a stress realiver ( and girls you will need someone prepared to help like this, the day is so hectic ) When it came to the reception, I was so suprised on how David took the lead and worked with my photographer and coordinatoor to make sure the night ran perfectly on scheduale. He was great at getting everyone in the party celebrating mood, getting everyone to the dance floor for those special moments ( first dance, father daughter, bouquet toss. ect... ) and went over and beyond even coming over to us at dinner asking if we needed anything and to also let us know what would be coming up next and in how many minutes so we were always prepared. I read the last review and I am telling you please do not take one bad review to heart brides ( sounds like a brizezilla who did not have her event well planned out to begin with ) this is the DJ / Lighting and Photobooth company you need to use if you want a worry free planning process to your day. My guests are still talking about the music and great time they had and this is all thanks to David and Chris. Music is a HUGE part to any sucessful event and I am so very happy about the choice I made....I have the best memories from that night and alot of them were made on the dance floor! Thank you Encore!!!

Angie · Married on 10/30/2010

Encore Entertainment is amazing. We met numerous times with the dj prior to our wedding to go over our plans for the big day. He gave us very original ideas to help make our day extra special and even helped calm our nerves about the wedding. The music was perfect and the dj had the guests, young and old, dancing all through the night. We had a total blast and everything went off without a hitch. We would recommend Encore Entertainment to all of our family and friends.

Cristina · Married on 10/23/2010

Chris did an excellent job as dj/mc and photobooth manager. I have to say he made my wedding! The music got everyone on the dancefloor from my 2 year old newphew to my best friends 92 year old grandma. We loved the music and the uplighting he provided. He was very professional and delivered exactly what we wanted. If I had to do everything again Chris@ Encore Entertainment would be at the top of my list.

Desiree · Married on 10/10/2010

Chris was absolutely amazing!!! Our wedding never would have been as fun without him! He kept our friends and family interested and played music that everyone loved. He even mixed songs and it was awesome! I really can't say how awesome he was!!! I will use him for every event in the future and plan to tell everyone I know about him!

Thomas · Married on 10/09/2010

The DJ provided, Nick Javier, was excellent. He was professional, personable, keeping the reception on schedule while keeping the focus on the Bride and Groom.

Lindsay · Married on 10/01/2010

Chris Terry was the BEST! He totally went above and beyond to make our day amazing. The lighting, the music, the photo booth, everything was absolutely amazing. I will recommend him to anyone and everyone who wants to have the best wedding ever!

Jeannette · Married on 09/25/2010

They did a great job and I also used them for a photobooth which was a huge hit!

Danny · Married on 09/18/2010

Encore was amazing. They accommodated with our ideas for our wedding and even designed DJ and photo booth equipment specifically for our special day at no extra charge.

Lindsay · Married on 09/03/2010

Chris was the Best!! Everything was exactly what I wanted and more. The music and lighting made our wedding what it was and all the guests are still talking about it a month later. . .

Marilyn · Married on 08/27/2010

Our wedding could not have been more perfect. Chris was wonderful. We wanted ours to be different from other weddings we've attended in the past; our primary emphasis was on the party. We're young and we wanted a club atmosphere; we wanted our friends to dance the night away and to be talking about our wedding for years to come. From the first time we sat down with Chris we knew he was perfect for us. The mix cd he gave us was exactly what we were looking for and he went above and beyond what we expected. Our guests were chanting "one more song" at the end of the night! Thanks CHRIS!

Tawny · Married on 08/07/2010

Chris Terry with Encore Entertainment is awesome!!! He definitely made our wedding and reception run smoothly and guests could not stop dancing! Chris went above and beyond and exceeded our expectations. We were beyond pleased with him as our dj and his lighting ideas were great and really enhanced the setting for our wedding. We would recommned Chris to any bride!

• heather

heather · Married on 06/12/2010

Chris Terry at Encore Entertainment is AMAZING!!!!!!! He literally made my wedding wonderful! He is so much more than just a DJ, he took control of everything and kept it all running smoothly. Everyone complimented me on him and how much fun he was. From the first time meeting with him, my fiance and I knew that he was going to be great! His experience and attention to detail was awesome and he was kind and courteous to all my guests (who I'm sure were annoying at times!!:) We also rented his photo booth and my guests had a BLAST!!! He encouraged everyone to use the photo booth as many times as they wanted and the pictures were great! Awesome quality and he customized the layout of the prints to match my wedding theme. He also came to my rehearsal just to make sure it all ran smoothly and got a feel for our wedding party. I rented equipment from him for a video montage at my rehearsal dinner and he came and set up and stayed to make sure it all went perfectly. He was so professional and both my fiance and myself feel very lucky to have had him be a part of such an important day! I can't wait to use him again and/or suggest him to friends and family for weddings or any event that would need his services. I can honestly say that my wedding was a success because of my DJ!! Thanks so much Chris!!

Sara · Married on 06/06/2010

Chris was so easy to work with, very flexable with last minute changes and he really knows how to work a crowd! My favorite part of our night was when Chris suprised my groom and I by playing a super fun cute game in front of all our guests! We were both caught off guard in the best way! It kept our reception light and fun! Thanks so much Chris! Nick and Sara Bagley

Jessica · Married on 06/05/2010

If you want to get your party started right, then call Encore Entertainment!! The dance floor at my wedding was never empty! Chris did a great job watching the crowd to make sure he was playing music that everyone liked! Chris also was awesome in helping us out with some pictures as well! Our photographer left after 6 hours but we hadn't done the garter and bouquet toss yet, but Chris and his team stepped up became our fill in photographer as well! Encore is a great company and I would highly recomend them to everyone!!