Sacramento, Sacramento, CA 95815 Map Phone number Visit website
  • Deals 2

About Urban League DJ's

Call us now to discuss 916.627.9494

Why Us?
I first connect with the bride and groom and make sure that I know precisely how they envision their wedding day going. After all, it's their day, and it's a day that happens to have -- even the ones that go smoothly -- a lot of pressure leading up to it (too much pressure for one day, I say, but I haven't come up with a solution to that one yet).

Once I have all of the information that I need, such as whether or not there will be a garter toss or money dance, etc., what songs they would like to hear (and not hear!), I make sure that I have at least one person that I can connect with on the actual day of the wedding. Someone who is preferably not the bride or groom that knows exactly what the bride and groom want and how they want it.

That person is usually a coordinator, but a lot of times is a friend or relative (by the way, if it's a big wedding, I highly recommend staying away from having friends or family members run the show -- trust me, it's better to hire a coordinator for those or let me and the banquet facility manager handle the timeline).

Totally Prepared
I am in contact with the bride and groom as well as the designated coordinator prior to the wedding day just to make sure we're all in sync. I arrive at the wedding totally prepared, usually two hours prior to the scheduled start time.

During the wedding reception (I can also perform the ceremony music), I work with the designated coordinator to make the day special. Since I act as master of ceremonies, announcing each portion of the day, I make sure that everyone involved in the wedding is prepared. For example, I will let the photographer, videographer, bride and groom, etc. know well in advance when I'll be playing the first dance song or when we're getting ready to do the garter and bouquet toss. Doing things this way ensures that all involved are ready to go (you wouldn't want your photographer loading a disc or film in his or her camera while you are beginning your first dance as husband and wife, right?).

Enjoy Your Day
I only interrupt the bride and groom to let them know when they have to be doing something (cake cutting, etc.). Other than that, it's my philosophy that the bride and groom shouldn't even wear a watch. They should just enjoy the day and their guests and leave the details up to me and their wedding day coordinator. All of the hard work is done and it's time to have fun and enjoy the day!

You'd think that the philosophies I've written about above would be a natural thing for wedding DJs, but you might be very surprised (not a good thing to be on your wedding day, in my experience).

The iPod vs. Professional DJ
If you are considering hiring a friend-of-a-friend who happens to DJ on the side ("Hey, my cousin has an iPod -- save your money, dude!") or you are hiring a nightclub DJ ("How exactly do you beat mix Elton John with Ella Fitzgerald? In fact, who is Ella Fitzgerald?") with little or no wedding reception experience, you are rolling the dice on how well your event will be managed and coordinated.

An iPod might save you money (of course, you have to rent a P.A. system to project the music and have all songs pre-loaded), but it can't organize an event and keep things on track throughout the day. An iPod can't make quick decisions or notify the other wedding vendors when the cake cutting is about to begin. (See this YouTube video about using an iPod for wedding entertainment -- do a search there are plenty more videos where that came from)

There are many club and party DJs out there, but if they don't regularly work weddings, they may not have the breadth of music or the experience required to perform for an audience made up of ages ranging from 1 to 101. I've been performing as a professional DJ and MC since 1987 and have music that dates back to the turn of the last century all the way through to the current Billboard Hot 100 charting singles today. Not only do I have that span of musical genres, but I know the songs and more importantly, I know the right time to play them to create a fun atmosphere for you and your guests.

No Unsightly Cables or Banners
we believe in making sure our customer has the event they were hoping for. We are not about self-promotion, so you won't find large banners with our logo at your wedding. All of our equipment is black so it won't clash with your wedding decor - no matter what the color. Our equipment is set up behind a professional facade so your guests don't have to view sound equipment or cables hanging all over the place.

A Professional DJ Guarantees Your Wedding Is A Success
True enough these days, anyone can play music, but a Professional DJ does a lot more than that -- as you've probably figured out by this point of the web page. A Professional DJ not only has a wide range of music from every era, but knows the music and knows how and when to use it. Every reception is different and if a DJ can hit on a few song sets that makes everyone in attendance happy and dancing while making the day's events run smoothly, you'll have fond memories of your special day...and so will your friends and family. My professional reputation banks on it.

Call us today to discuss your event!
(916)627-9494

Urban League DJ's 6
Urban League DJ's 7
  • Serena

Serena 路 Married on 10/05/2019

Highly recommend Urban League DO Services! My wedding was an absolute blast!

Bill was amazing! He kept the party going all night long! He was so professional and fit right on in with our crowd! 馃槉 Communication between my now husband and myself was on key! He made sure to run everything by is before he announced anything or played a certain song! I would recommend him 100%! When our D.J. cancelled on us last minute these guys stepped right in and took over! I'm so happy they did! My wedding wouldn't have been the wedding of my dreams without you guys! Thank you so much Bill and John!

Sent on 10/10/2019
    Urban League DJ's 10
    Urban League DJ's 11
    Urban League DJ's 12
    Urban League DJ's 13
    Urban League DJ's 14
    Urban League DJ's 15

Tamara Gordon 路 Married on 09/14/2019

DJ John is the BEST DJ in Sacramento!!! Great Value!!

DJ John was AMAZING!!! Best decision to hire him for our wedding. He is professional, flexible, and very friendly from beginning to end. Everyone has a blast at our wedding.......danced the night away! We were on a budget and he worked with us to figure out the best package for our ceremony & reception. I am very particular and John was very patient to discuss all the details with me. :) 100% recommend John for any wedding or event! p.s. his uplighting is totally worth it! CHEERS! Tamara Baker

Sent on 10/01/2019
    Urban League DJ's 16
    Urban League DJ's 17
    Urban League DJ's 18

Urban League DJ's FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 500.00
  • What is included in the starting price? Consultation, Disco Ball, Flat Screen, MC, Microphones, Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 500.00
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package? Consultation, Disco Ball, Flat Screen, Sound/PA System, MC, Microphones, Photobooth, Projector
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 300.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Christian, Club, Country, Electronic, Hip Hop, Indie, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What services do you offer? Consultation, Liability Insurance, MC, Video Projection

2 Wedding Deals & Discounts

• Urban League DJ's 1
    -30%
    30% discount for WeddingWire couples
    If you found us on WeddingWire we will give you a 30% discount on our services. Remember to show us your voucher when you come see us.
  • Urban League DJ's 2
    Free wedding ceremony
    Wedding Ceremony is free as long as its on the same Property

• Sacramento Sacramento, CA, 95815 See on map